Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2011, 08:50 PM   #1
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

The Deep Web

Anyone know anything about this? I'm a little intimidated but very intrigued.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 06-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #2
CrispyChicken's Avatar
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CrispyChicken

Re: The Deep Web

No. What is it?

I googled it but Wikipedia is too damn confusing
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 06-01-2011, 10:24 PM   #3
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: The Deep Web

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Web]Deep Web - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

A simplified definition. Pages that do not appear in Google.

To see an example page of the Deep Web type anything in the search box at the top of this page. Example: deep That takes you to a new page that never existed until you searched for it and therefor it doesn't exist in Google. That is a very basic example.

A good example is one of our private area forums such as http://retrouprising.com/other/pirat...s-arrrr-rated/

Or a get new post page - Retro Uprising - Search Results

Or a calendar with infinite pages Retro Uprising - Calendar

This is a page that I created for a game I was playing with friends IRL - http://retrouprising.com/dominion.php - This is the first time it has ever been publicly linked so it was part of the deep web until now.

And this wasn't in google http://retrouprising.com/sms.htm

But now that I posted all of those in public they will leave the deep web and rise to the surface.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:48 PM   #4
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: The Deep Web

Well, from my limited understanding, there is a "deep web" that is waaaayyyyy bigger than the internet we know. The figures I saw were that what the normal user has access to is about 2.8 percent of the stuff that is out there, the deep web or "dark web" makes up the other 97.2 percent.
The stories about the stuff that goes on there are downright frightening. Viruses are rampant, assasins for hire by a few simple clicks, child porn up the ying yang, all sorts of weird illuminatti and C.I.A. stuff, sights where serial killers congrgate, full blown necrophelia like you wouldnt imagine, drug trading sites... use your imagination... This is apparently where the real hackers of the world do their thing, hackers that would make mince meat out of anon. If you cross their path, and they suspect that you don't belong on the deep web they will literally destroy your computer from where they sit, but only after snapping a few photos of you with your web cam.

When I found out about this place I felt so oblivious, just the fact that I was only browsing 2.8 percent of the internet while looking for that ultra rare famicom rom unsuccessfully.

So like I mentioned, I'd really like to check it out, but I wanna make sure that I don't accidentally do something I shouldnt. That's why I'm asking you guys what you know, or if you've ever ben to the "darkweb"

I'm sure that those of you who are just finding out about this as you read are having the same feeling I had earlier when I found out about it, feels weird eh?

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 AM ----------

Ninja'd by Kong.

Okay so to make sure I understand, the reason it's so much larger than Google's range of searching, is because so much of it is just useless things like typing deep into the search bar, taking up a very minute amount of space, but it all adds up over time.

And therefore, most of the stuff that is kept in the deep web purposly is illegal, and it's kept there because of that reason.

If I'm correct in my understanding then these figures should make more sense, the internet is:

2.8 percent good stuff
97.1 useless deep web
0.1 percent highly illegal deep web
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 06-01-2011, 11:00 PM   #5
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: The Deep Web

I'd think the percentage of illegal stuff on the deep web would be higher.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:14 PM   #6
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: The Deep Web

Possibly, but my point was that there probably isn't too much stuff I'd be interested in. I'm doing some more reading, and it seems my asumption might be incorrect, and there is indeed oodles of good stuff on it. But what I don't get is why would someone create a site, and keep it in the deep web? I can see certain situations where someone would want to track finances of their business, and have it available to business partners only and stuff like that, but I can't imagine it being anywhere near the 97 percent mark.

@Kong, is Dominion a more complx version of that card game we played?

Last edited by Slime Slayer; 06-01-2011 at 11:17 PM..
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 06-01-2011, 11:40 PM   #7
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: The Deep Web

“To put it very simply, the web is defined as a collection of hyperlinks that are indexed by search engines. In other words, the pages/content that appears when we do a Google search, is the Internet as we know it – called the surface web.


The Dark Web, also known as the deep web, invisible web, and dark net, consists of web pages and data that are beyond the reach of search engines. Some of what makes up the Deep Web consists of abandoned, inactive web pages, but the majority of data that lies within have been crafted to deliberately avoid detection in order to remain anonymous."


For the most part the majority of it is like the calendar link above. Just endless repeats of basically the same info. Nothing magical, mysterious or important.


That sms link though is an sms Flash emulator, kind of a cool hidden link and the dominion link is the description to every card in all expansions of the game Dominion. To some people that is also a pretty cool hidden link. So there are lots of hidden gems in the deep web.



But none of that is dark and deeply mysterious.


There are hidden pages ran by crime organizations designed specifically for most of the stuff you mentioned.


Some of it I find harder to believe than others. Example I know there are plenty of hidden pages for drugs. But congregations of serial killers sounds far fetched to me. I highly doubt that exists in any significant degree.


Also, hackers tend to be of a personality type that likes for you to think they can do anything imaginable. Some of them can do a lot of impressive stuff but there is nearly always a hefty supply of exaggeration amongst self identified hackers.


There are places you can rent botnets. A botnet is a large collection of zombie computers - computers that have been hacked and are secretly under someone else's control. You can rent them and do stuff like attack visa.com or send spam.



Of the small part that is shady, as opposed to just links like the ones I listed above, I would bet the majority involves piracy, money laundering, child porn, sex slaves, mail order brides, drugs, kinky sex, and hackers (i'm lumping botnet renting with hackers).


Not sure if you are thinking it is some kind of separate entity that you can go to or turn on but it is not. It is just the web pages that search engines can not or do not or have not yet indexed.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
And therefore, most of the stuff that is kept in the deep web purposly is illegal, and it's kept there because of that reason.
I wouldn't say most.

Our private forums are purposely hidden but not because they are illegal, just because we want them to be by invite only.

That dominion link was not meant for the public, just for some of my friends.

That sms link was never finished, just a scrapped beta.

I think the majority is going to fall along those lines.

But even if it is just a small percentage that is freaky or illegal we are talking about such huge numbers that it still adds up to a lot.

Quote:
But what I don't get is why would someone create a site, and keep it in the deep web?
Beta, personal, invite only, shyness, don't know how to get it linked elsewhere, site died, google banned it, doing something illegal, dynamic page that is created only when user interacts with it, poorly created using flash or javascript links that google can't follow etc.

Quote:
@Kong, is Dominion a more complx version of that card game we played?
You mean haggle? No, but it is vaguely similar now that you mention it.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:42 PM   #8
warghoul's Avatar
The Infinite Spark
1,080 posts
warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
warghoul

Re: The Deep Web

So lets just say I was frequenting a site not easy to find and said site changed it's url every so often and there was a core user group who needed to know where it was going but anyone could find it accidently would this be considered the deep web
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:49 PM   #9
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: The Deep Web

If the only way to find it was by being lucky or in the know and NOT by using a search engine, then yes.

Lots of piracy and proxy sites do that.

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Proxies are good example of why someone would want to keep the site slightly hidden. You can use a proxy to get to sites your work blocks but your work will try to block all proxies so the proxies want to stay under the radar.

More info
http://retrouprising.com/support/ret...k-school/t156/
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:50 PM   #10
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: The Deep Web

Okay, Thanks Kong, I think I get the gist of it. Here is a creepy place from the darkweb.

Edit, pic removed, I really didnt think people would assume I just meandered into the site a snapped the screen shot myself!

Last edited by Slime Slayer; 06-02-2011 at 12:11 AM..
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 06-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #11
elrod21's Avatar
Regular Poster
3,678 posts
elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
elrod21

Re: The Deep Web

Steven that is disgusting in my opinion.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:56 PM   #12
warghoul's Avatar
The Infinite Spark
1,080 posts
warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
warghoul

Re: The Deep Web

I think you need a new hoby.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:56 PM   #13
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: The Deep Web

If you're browsing sites like that you should be aware that they're probably being watched and you might be put on some kind of list. The law enforcement people who combat this kind of thing know more about the deep web than we do I bet.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:07 AM   #14
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: The Deep Web

Whoa Whoa Whoa, back up the horse. I was on reddit reading a topic on this stuff, and somebody posted the picture as an example. I didnt go to that site, nor do I intend to. I just wanted to show how creepy it was.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 06-02-2011, 12:14 AM   #15
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: The Deep Web

I think we all get the gist of why certain sites and groups would wanna stay off the radar, no need for pics of it.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:28 AM   #16
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: The Deep Web

That's fine, if anyone is curious, this is how I found out about this whole deep web stuff:
What's the scariest, wierdest, most mysterious web site you ever visited? : AskReddit
I highly reccomend it, aside from the deep stuff there are tons of links to other weird things, mostly sfw.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 06-02-2011, 12:33 AM   #17
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: The Deep Web

Off topic, but on the topic of sex offenders. I went to a graveyard today for a picnic. The city also classifies it as a park. The city has a rule that sex offenders can't go to any parks (some kind of strange life long punishment - murderers and kid nappers and everyone else are allowed though). So there is a large sign on the front gate that says sex offenders are not allowed to enter the cemetery. The sign has a full paragraph about it.

I find this amusing and horrible on a couple different levels.
1. Who wants to be burying a loved one and see a large sign that says no sex offenders allowed. My first thought would be "oh god, they've had a problem with grave rapers, will my dead _________ be safe here." Even if your first thought isn't necrophilia you are still being reminded of the nastiest side of humanity while you are trying to mourn. Horrible.
2. What if you are a sex offender that is trying to bury a loved one. How can it be illegal to go to your mother's funeral. Just crazy. And think about the new crop of children being tried as adults and registered as life long sex offenders for [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexting"]Sexting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame], an innocent teenager that sent one dirty text message isn't allowed to go to his mother's funeral.
3. Was there such a huge problem with sex crimes at the cemetery before the sign went up? I would like to know if there was even a single crime ever reported there before. And if there wasn't then what was the guy thinking that decided you know what, I know we have never had any problems before but just to be on the safe side let's put a sign as big as our name on the front gate that says "don't rape the dead people".

There was another sign that listed about 20 other things you couldn't do there. Here a few highlights - do not gamble, pan handle, drink, camp, or make loud or unusual noises.

Who is gambling and pan handling at a cemetery? Has anyone ever walked up to a funeral and said I bet you I can guess the cause of death. Can I have a dollar?

No unusual noises? Like what "boo"?

Sorry for the derail, I just wanted to say how stupidly funny I thought that was, I don't think there is any need for responses to any of this post. Carry on.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:00 AM   #18
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: The Deep Web

I have one response to your post, . Cemetery pan handling sounds pretty damn funny.

Well one more thing. I've heard of sex offenders being let out of jail on temporary leaves to go to funerals so your example must be a local law. It's probably unconstitutional but who's really gonna fight to allow sex offenders into parks, since that's linked to it.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:07 AM   #19
warghoul's Avatar
The Infinite Spark
1,080 posts
warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
warghoul

Re: The Deep Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
That's fine, if anyone is curious, this is how I found out about this whole deep web stuff:
What's the scariest, wierdest, most mysterious web site you ever visited? : AskReddit
I highly reccomend it, aside from the deep stuff there are tons of links to other weird things, mostly sfw.
I believe everyone on this forum knows about something ilegal on the web or something to do with hacking but there are things that go to the next level that push beyond ethics and morals and all that stupid stuff and I think this thread might belong in a diferent forum or at least that screen shot I mean there are children around here you know...thats just my opinion
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:14 AM   #20
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: The Deep Web

Yeah that pic was too much for this part of the forum, sorry I left it up. I was kinda stunned by it at first I gotta admit. I think I would've ended up deleting it after the shock wore off though.

Btw I read the article and some of the comments from the Reddit link. Seems like the kind of thing that is not worth it unless you are looking for illegal or completely crazy stuff. I don't mean funny crazy like eccentric I mean like people who you really shouldn't communicate with because they are serial killers or something else you don't wanna mess with. There's a reason it's not connected to the mainstream part of the internet, we don't want it here. And most of it is boring storage, dead websites and other clutter.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:45 AM   #21
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: The Deep Web

@Kong, I don't about where you guys live, but schools are lumped in with parks for being off limits, does this mean that the kids arent allowed to go to school either. I got a good sex offender story that I'll post later if I have time.

@WG, At the time it didnt occur to me that the image would offend anyone, it was just words afterall, just really scary words. I have no problem if someone wants to move the topic.

@DB, yeah I've basically decided to just be satisfied with the web I currently have access to, that screenshot kinda freaked me out on it.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 06-02-2011, 11:40 AM   #22
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: The Deep Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
must be a local law.
It is a city law for parks. This cemetery is classified as a park.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #23
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: The Deep Web

My sex offender story, it's not a super great story, but whatever:

4-5 years ago I landed a job in another city about 300 kms away, I found out on Friday, I needed to be there Monday morning. I didnt know anyone in this city well enough to crash until I found a place. So I grabbed a copy of their local paper and tried to find a place. I found one and contacted the guy and got hooked up for 200 bucks a week, I was told that I was the first tennant since the place was newly renovated. I went downtown that night and was a little taken back when the cab driver told me to get out of the cab when I told him where I was going and he refused to take me. The next cab I got explained to me I was living in the worst part of town, and most cabs wouldnt go there. Great.

I come home one night after work and opening the door to may apartment with my head phones blasting I feel a hand on my shoulder, this looked like the hand of the crypt keeper. It was a small room with four doors and apparently I was no longer the only tennant. So after damn near pooping my pants, I talk to the guy, he kinda looks like the crypt keeper all over. He is very friendly, tell me his story about how he is currently beating cancer, and tells me to stop by for tea sometime. He was very delightful and I was happy to meet him.

An hour or so later I'm watching the news and all the sudden my new friends picture shows up... "warning to the residents of Dartmouth that a violent sex offender has been realeased into the public, police are suggesting that he will no doubt strike again". No more than 15 minutes later, I hear a friggen knock at the door, it was the damn crypt keeper I was sure of it, I just snuggled tight under my blanket and kept on playing Whomp Em' lol.

I moved out of there by the end of the week. (apt was disgusting, it reeked from the backed up toilet, no hot water at all, fridged didnt work ect. ect. turns out it was a halfway house)
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 06-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #24
DrunkN's Avatar
 
DrunkN

Re: The Deep Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
I come home one night after work and opening the door to may apartment with my head phones blasting I feel a hand on my shoulder, this looked like the hand of the crypt keeper. It was a small room with four doors and apparently I was no longer the only tennant. So after damn near pooping my pants, I talk to the guy, he kinda looks like the crypt keeper all over. He is very friendly, tell me his story about how he is currently beating cancer, and tells me to stop by for tea sometime. He was very delightful and I was happy to meet him.

An hour or so later I'm watching the news and all the sudden my new friends picture shows up... "warning to the residents of Dartmouth that a violent sex offender has been realeased into the public, police are suggesting that he will no doubt strike again". No more than 15 minutes later, I hear a friggen knock at the door, it was the damn crypt keeper I was sure of it, I just snuggled tight under my blanket and kept on playing Whomp Em' lol.
Did he look like this? He might be younger in this picture:
( Click to show/hide )
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #25
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: The Deep Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkninja View Post
Did he look like this? He might be younger in this picture:
( Click to show/hide )
Nah don't think that's him, he ways way skinnyer an unhealthyer looking, I remember his first name was Barry, with possibly an alternate spelling. I tried to find him online but was unsuccesful. What I did find out was that an old high school aquaintance that used to live in the same trailer park as me was aressted for child porn.

Why did you think it was this schmuck?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 AM.

» vBadvanced CMPS