| All Other Games Talk about video games we don't have online. |
|
08-07-2007, 12:28 PM
|
#1
|
|
|
favorite genre
wats ur fav genre? i think mine wud be sports or adventure
|
My Signature |
|
08-07-2007, 12:47 PM
|
#2
|
|
|
Re: favorite genre
My favorites are RPG and Strategy in that order.
For the record you should try to spell better, I personally don't care as long as I can read and understand what you said but others on this site don't like it.
(Or are you typing that way to be funny?)
"What's your favorite Genre? I think mine would be sports or adventure."
Like I said before I really don't mind how you type, just trying to help you fit in around here.
EDIT- I just noticed you are the one who took my Toejam and earl score!!!!! 
I made it to about level 2-3(hard to tell that game is kinda wierd) how far did you make it? Your score is so high I was kinda shocked.
|
My Signature |
|
08-07-2007, 12:59 PM
|
#3
|
|
|
Re: favorite genre
sorry for the spelling mistakes and i used to have toejam and earl for genesis because i grew up on the genesis
also i actually plan on spending a whole day demolishing my old record
|
My Signature |
|
08-07-2007, 01:45 PM
|
#4
|
|
|
Re: favorite genre
I don't think anyone will mind spelling mistakes, I think it's just the spelling that looks like you didn't try to do it right.
And yeah I had Toejam and Earl years ago too, I just never played this one. The first one is far better.
|
My Signature |
|
08-07-2007, 03:46 PM
|
#5
|
|
|
Re: favorite genre
Love Toejam and Earl! Well for me my favorite game is the action platformer like Super Mario Bros. 3 and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (my favorite games for their respective systems) Those were the first two gams I played and my favorite but yeah. Jammin'! 
|
My Signature |
|
I love the Powerglove...It's so Bad!<br /><br />  
08-08-2007, 12:38 AM
|
#6
|
|
|
Re: favorite genre
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Rules & Help page
Use a spell checker and do not use "13375p34k" or "hukt on fonikz". We do not expect you to type like an English teacher but we will not tolerate bad netiquette. If you type "u" instead of "you" or "ne1" instead of "anyone" then your post will be deleted. Firefox 2 comes with a built in spell checker.
|
As for my favorite genres, I have to go with RPG's and sports games. I'm a sports junkie who also likes a game with a good storyline. Don't get me wrong, I love the classics (Mario Bros./Donkey Kong, Metroid, Pac-Man, etc.) but give me a good RPG or sports game, I'm good. 
|
My Signature |
|
08-08-2007, 01:47 AM
|
#7
|
|
|
Re: favorite genre
RPG's here. dont know why, just prewfer them... not a big fan of sports/racing games though...
|
My Signature |
|
08-09-2007, 05:07 AM
|
#8
|
|
|
Re: favorite genre
Action Adventure or Action RPGs, but my RPGs need a lot of action in them, such as Kingdom Hearts.
|
My Signature |
|
TMT Raps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
|

09-10-2007, 03:53 PM
|
#9
|
|
|
Re: favorite genre
I love every genre except sports and 95% of all racing games.
My favorites are Adventure and RPG though.
|
|
|
09-10-2007, 05:56 PM
|
#10
|
|
|
Re: favorite genre
I like them all. But the ones I play the most are probably sports and RPG
|
My Signature |
|
09-10-2007, 09:21 PM
|
#11
|
|
|
Re: favorite genre
Adventure games are my top dog.
I love the story line and depth of RPGs but I hate leveling or gold mining.
I enjoy a good shooter as you can tell by my trophies.
I hate most sports games and platforms though.
|
My Signature |
|
09-10-2007, 10:42 PM
|
#12
|
|
|
Re: favorite genre
I like puzzle, strategy, twitch, trivia and board games - as you can tell by my trophies.
I used to like RPGs and adventure games but I am a bit over them now. I don't have the patience anymore.
|
My Signature |
|
09-13-2007, 04:40 PM
|
#13
|
|
|
Re: favorite genre
I like adventure games like Legend of Zelda(tenser kong or sabby please slow down that game it is to fast its almost impossible) and Mario 3 I also like that game called animator vs animation the game for the computer.
|
My Signature |
|
alexnester (12:01:49 am): what would you to to me if you could do anything<br />D3VIN32 (12:02:04 am): wrong wondow  ?<br />alexnester (12:02:24 am): yes lol that was the worst wrong window today<br /><br />rotfl<br /><br />...I HATE AIM and just so you know d3vin32 is mj23
09-16-2007, 07:17 PM
|
#14
|
|
|
Re: favorite genre
I like strategy (mostly turn-based), RPGs, and especially tactical RPGs (do yourself a favor and play Shining Force for Genesis; discovered it last night and loved it). Text-based adventures are great, too, as are space shooters and racing games. The only platformer I really like is Ratchet and Clank, though.
|
|
|
09-16-2007, 07:30 PM
|
#15
|
|
|
Re: favorite genre
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Davidizer13
I like strategy (mostly turn-based), RPGs, and especially tactical RPGs (do yourself a favor and play Shining Force for Genesis; discovered it last night and loved it). Text-based adventures are great, too, as are space shooters and racing games. The only platformer I really like is Ratchet and Clank, though.
|
ive never heard of shing force until a couple weeks ago and like you i loved it so anyone that hasnt played shining force for genesis has to!!!!!!
|
My Signature |
|
09-16-2007, 08:31 PM
|
#16
|
|
|
Re: favorite genre
i myself like all genres except puzzle, (no offense to the people who like puzzle games)
|
My Signature |
|
09-16-2007, 11:13 PM
|
#17
|
|
|
Re: favorite genre
Shining Force is great. Shining in the Darkness on Genesis is the prequel. It is good but not as good. Shining Force II for Genesis is better but not online here. There are some Shining Force games on Game Gear here but I have not played them.
Anyone know any other good turn based/tactical RPGs? And are the Game Gear Shining Force games good?
|
My Signature |
|
09-17-2007, 10:02 AM
|
#18
|
|
|
Re: favorite genre
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Kong
Shining Force is great. Shining in the Darkness on Genesis is the prequel. It is good but not as good. Shining Force II for Genesis is better but not online here. There are some Shining Force games on Game Gear here but I have not played them.
Anyone know any other good turn based/tactical RPGs? And are the Game Gear Shining Force games good?
|
in my opinion shining force on game gear is better than shining in the darkness but thats just my opinion
|
My Signature |
|
09-17-2007, 10:03 AM
|
#19
|
|
|
Re: favorite genre
First one that would come to mind for another tactical RPG is Fire Emblem. It's similar to Shining Force, but it's also quite different. For example, Shining Force's way of determining who moves next feels a lot like Final Fantasy's Active Time Battle system. Instead, Fire Emblem is a more traditional turn-based system. You move your units, and the enemy moves theirs. Another difference is perma-death in Fire Emblem, which makes me want to throw my Game Boy against the wall sometimes you more careful about your moves. Another thing that Fire Emblem (at least the newer ones that have been released in the US) is more character development. This could just be that Fire Emblem is newer than Shining Force, but it improves the game nonetheless.
Personally, I love 'em both. BTW, I think we have Shining Force II on Game Gear. Don't know if it's the same as the one for the Genesis, though.
|
|
|
09-17-2007, 10:05 AM
|
#20
|
|
|
Re: favorite genre
is there a way to make game gear screen sizes bigger i thought there was
|
My Signature |
|
09-17-2007, 11:15 AM
|
#21
|
|
|
Re: favorite genre
No. There is not.
|
My Signature |
|
10-02-2007, 04:40 PM
|
#22
|
|
|
Re: favorite genre
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Kong
Shining Force is great. Shining in the Darkness on Genesis is the prequel. It is good but not as good. Shining Force II for Genesis is better but not online here. There are some Shining Force games on Game Gear here but I have not played them.
Anyone know any other good turn based/tactical RPGs? And are the Game Gear Shining Force games good?
|
Final Fantasy Tactics and FFT Advance.
Both are great games, I like them more than Shining Force.
|
|
|
12-26-2007, 02:41 AM
|
#23
|
|
|
Re: favorite genre
I think mine is RPG or Strategy. Especially Pokemon, Zelda and Fire Emblem!!!
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.
|