06-02-2010, 10:56 AM
|
#2
|
|
|
Re: Branding your kids
Wow...that's, disturbing. I guess a cellphone or a removable nametag wouldn't suffice
|
My Signature |
|
06-02-2010, 11:20 AM
|
#3
|
|
|
Re: Branding your kids
That guy needs to be locked up. The kids are going to defend their father's decision?!?! I'm sorry, but that is child abuse.
I'm just curious though. If he had custody of the kids, how bad is the ex-wife?
|
My Signature |
|
06-02-2010, 11:26 AM
|
#4
|
|
|
Re: Branding your kids
Apparently, the kids wanted them. How messed up is that? Still doesn't excuse the father for doing it, thought.
|
My Signature |
|
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!
Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!
Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!
06-02-2010, 11:28 AM
|
#5
|
|
|
Re: Branding your kids
Kids want anything in that age just to brag. This is something my father would do.
|
My Signature |
|
06-02-2010, 11:34 AM
|
#6
|
|
|
Re: Branding your kids
Quote:
|
This is something my father would do.
|
You wouldn't give him consent would you? I mean you are over 18 right?
|
My Signature |
|
06-02-2010, 11:49 AM
|
#7
|
|
|
Re: Branding your kids
I'd be totally against it. But my father is dumb enough to do that.
|
My Signature |
|
06-02-2010, 03:05 PM
|
#8
|
|
|
Re: Branding your kids
I still don't understand why this person did this to their kids.
If the intention was to somehow protect their identities, didn't he know about this?
Tracking Junior With a Microchip
Branding is cheaper, I suppose.
It seems like once in a while some parents somewhere do some outrageous things to their kids - and more seldom, we actually hear about it.
I remember one little boy whose parents were religious fanatics, who took the Bible literally {in their individual interpretation - that book is so loosely written you could make it say practically anything you want it to}
and understood it to mean that little boys should only eat lettuce and watermelon?
Needless to say, the kid developed severe dehydration {from the digestive problems} and the parents wouldn't even allow the kid to take vitamins or anything ... because their God 'said so'.
Still, that kid and the ones that got branded should feel lucky they weren't born female in Saudi Arabia.
Let's forget about ritual genital mutilations for a second, and focus on the fanaticism surrounding certain religious attire:
Apparently there was a fire in a town in Saudi Arabia where little girls were trapped inside the burning building.
Their father was trying to get them out of the house, and was prevented from doing so because the girls weren't wearing the proper headgear.
I believe he was stoned to death afterwords for the attempt to rescue his unadorned girls.
My point is, no matter how insane things get in the rest of the World, we can always count on religious fanaticism such as that in Saudi Arabia to make it pale in comparison.
|
My Signature |
|
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
 Your new nightmare XXVII:
 
06-02-2010, 03:16 PM
|
#9
|
|
|
Re: Branding your kids
America 
|
My Signature |
|
06-02-2010, 04:00 PM
|
#10
|
|
|
Re: Branding your kids
Ca na da ?
I just had to post this hideously ignorant cartoon.
While we're at it, let's 'bury the hatchet' {that never even existed} , shall we?
Personally, I feel sad and discouraged to hear Americans say bad things about Canada {and vice versa} and for that matter the whole idea of National Identity only serves to keep us divided and arguing over issues of no significance.
Humans are the same no matter where they're from and if you don't believe me, come to Vancouver sometime because we have the whole World here!
But because of the idea of National Identity, there seems to be an unannounced contest between Canada and the U.S. and it makes no sense.
So I am asking all of you lovely sensible people to put aside your non - existent differences, and ignore those smarty - pants
'Demotivational Posters' on the net, because they're older than Rick Roll, and only serve to fuel this foolish fire.
Can we do that, can we just coexist without having to label ourselves and each other and cause people to wonder {as I do} if the persistence of these put downs indicates some REAL hatred?
Speaking collectively about the behavior of millions of people makes no sense in any event, because such a thing is impossible.
{that's a hint to why National Identity is B.S.!}
By the way, I know this is way off topic but is a response to some posts made recently on another thread, and the afflicted parties know who they are. 
Last edited by RU Joe; 06-02-2010 at 04:02 PM..
|
My Signature |
|
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
 Your new nightmare XXVII:
 
06-02-2010, 04:55 PM
|
#11
|
|
|
Re: Branding your kids
That's really messed up, he deserves the slammer.
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
06-02-2010, 11:28 PM
|
#12
|
|
|
Re: Branding your kids
Send the father to jail, it's child abuse. I didn't see this on the big news sites(could've missed it) but the link appears to be legit. This made me doubt that though-
Quote:
|
I just read it in the National Enquirer today
|
Don't believe a word of that garbage.
|
My Signature |
|
06-03-2010, 08:12 AM
|
#13
|
|
|
Re: Branding your kids
It's a nice read DB.
|
My Signature |
|
06-03-2010, 08:14 AM
|
#14
|
|
|
Re: Branding your kids
Yeah, but I don't trust all the things they say.
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
06-03-2010, 09:19 AM
|
#15
|
|
|
Re: Branding your kids
This article was also on NBC or w/e I posted.
|
My Signature |
|
06-03-2010, 12:03 PM
|
#16
|
|
|
Re: Branding your kids
Alright, I'll take your word for it.
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
06-03-2010, 04:43 PM
|
#17
|
|
|
Re: Branding your kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails
It's a nice read DB.
|
Sure, as long as you know it's 99% fiction. This particular story seems to be legit but that's an exception.
|
My Signature |
|
06-03-2010, 06:16 PM
|
#18
|
|
|
Re: Branding your kids
Shouldn't this thread be merged into the "Anybody BBQing?" thread?
|
My Signature |
|
06-03-2010, 06:21 PM
|
#19
|
|
|
Re: Branding your kids
BAZING! I +1 you for that joke even if it's in poor taste.
Speaking of taste, I wonder if the kids were blue rare or well done. I think that would factor into the punishment phase of this.
|
My Signature |
|
06-03-2010, 06:24 PM
|
#20
|
|
|
Re: Branding your kids
I prefer mine raw but warm in the middle.
|
My Signature |
|
06-03-2010, 06:26 PM
|
#21
|
|
|
Re: Branding your kids
But the guy can't get his kids mistaken for others if they are branded.
Why is it okay for cows to be branded, but if the kids asked their father to do this, it is a crime?
|
|
|
06-03-2010, 06:31 PM
|
#22
|
|
|
Re: Branding your kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
I prefer mine raw but warm in the middle.
|
And I think we hit the line!
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by DM
Why is it okay for cows to be branded, but if the kids asked their father to do this, it is a crime?
|
Because they aren't people? That and it's perfectly legal to own them as property. Branding is older than the US and it was a pretty logical way to keep track of your livestock.
There is no good reason to brand a human.
|
My Signature |
|
06-03-2010, 06:35 PM
|
#23
|
|
|
Re: Branding your kids
I know it isn't okay to brand a person, and there is no reason to do so anyway, but a brand is the exact same thing as a tattoo.
I figured out the ownership thing you mentioned.
So:
Humans > Cows
Humans own cows.
That almost reminds me of this old logic:
White people > Black people
White people own Black people.
|
|
|
06-03-2010, 06:52 PM
|
#24
|
|
|
Re: Branding your kids
Quote:
|
but a brand is the exact same thing as a tattoo.
|
Not exactly the same but yeah I get your point. It's illegal and wrong to tattoo a kid too. Adults can give permission to get a tattoo before 18 in some places but it's still not considered "ok" by most people.
I wonder if people get legal brands? I've seen a lot of body mod stuff but no branding. I guess I should google it.
Quote:
Humans > Cows
Humans own cows.
That almost reminds me of this old logic:
White people > Black people
White people own Black people.
|
When cows start communicating and thinking about their existence we'll take about liberating them.
|
My Signature |
|
06-03-2010, 06:54 PM
|
#25
|
|
|
Re: Branding your kids
I've seen some branding work before.
|
My Signature |
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
| Thread |
Thread Starter |
Forum |
Replies |
Last Post |
|
SBK: Snowboard Kids
|
Chuck Norris |
Reviews |
5 |
02-07-2010 11:55 PM |
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 PM.
|