So, this game I found randomly looking for this cat game that used money but ala Columns. I'm glad I found this game because it's really fun (yes, Sabby I will take this score back ).
Basically when I turn it on and hear the theme song, I immediately think Sailor Moon. Very good tune and good gfx to go with it. I don't think there's a story behind it if there is someone please link me.. well on to the review!
The graphics I really really like. Sorta blocky at some parts but it's really good imo. I love the 3d effects and the backgrounds when playing. I'd give it a 4/5.
Sound as I lightly touched on above.. I LOVE IT. Each stage is great, and it really gets great starting stage 3 of one player mode. Makes me just want to jump up and say let's go you can do it!!! So 5/5.
Replay Value imo is good, not the best, unless you're one to become a dominating master in this game. It only has time trial and story mode, with 2 players. Well basically I'd have to rate this a 4/5 because I'd love a story mode with more action in it.
Challenge, easy at first but damn hard when stuff starts speeding up, that would be level 15 in Time Trial/Solo and level 3 in Story Mode. I'd have to rate this a 5/5 cuz no matter it makes you come back for more.
OVER ALL: 5/5 I love this game and it's just like Magical Drop but with a money feel. I suggest this to any puzzle game lovers!
Below are pictures and music:
( Click to show/hide )
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuK3Lghv5Pk"]YouTube - Money Idol Exchanger - Coin Shoot de Ryoutai![/ame]
Actually, most people here don't read reviews, if they do, they rarely comment, and if they don't like it, it is usually a thing about them not liking the game, not the review. What matters is not replies in the case of reviews, but the number of views.
Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart.
— Manfred von Richthofen
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
A really great game, and you did a good review, Tails.
Have you tried the japanese-only version for Playstation One? I like it mainly because the matches last longer.
Enemy Ace, if you want to make your matches last longer, you can try increasing the difficulty of the arcade machine.
This will only work in ArcadeOX Full Mode, so you will not be able to submit your score, but it is a fun challenge and will help you improve your skills.
When the game demo starts up, you can press F2 to access the test menu. Go to "SETTING UP THE SOFT DIP", in the next menu choose "SLOT 1 EXCHANGER", then you can adjust the DIFFIFULTY setting up to a higher level (the default is Level 4).
But, by increasing difficulty, I fear matches lasting even less time! =))
Playstation's version advantage was each round leaves more time to ends - similar to "Exchanger" version for Game Boy.
One thing to do at Neo Geo, increasing game's playing time, is another feature used by PSOne version: changing an option called "match play" and save it using "round 3/3". Battle goes to "better of three" way, and you don't lose a credit by losing a round. Can use "better of five" too, but then it would be exaggerate...
EDIT: I just play a little, now. But realized that combining the two suggestions (to increase the difficulty to max and making "best of three rounds"), game becomes much more interesting!
Last edited by Enemy Ace; 06-11-2010 at 12:15 AM..
Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart.
— Manfred von Richthofen
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
But, by increasing difficulty, I fear matches lasting even less time! =))
Playstation's version advantage was each round leaves more time to ends - similar to "Exchanger" version for Game Boy.
One thing to do at Neo Geo, increasing game's playing time, is another feature used by PSOne version: changing an option called "match play" and save it using "round 3/3". Battle goes to "better of three" way, and you don't lose a credit by losing a round. Can use "better of five" too, but then it would be exaggerate...
You can adjust the difiicult downward as well, the default for all Neo Geo games is level 4, difficulty can be set to 1-8.
There is an option called "MATCH PLAY" on the test menu as well, you can set it to "ROUND 3/3".