| All Other Games Talk about video games we don't have online. |
|
10-29-2009, 05:34 PM
|
#1
|
|
|
Music Game Issues
The Issue with music games, is that they get old, fast. Some have timing issues with the notes, some have bad music, and many use bad covers of good songs. But, that is just my opinion. I would like to know what you think of music games.
|
|
|
10-29-2009, 05:46 PM
|
#2
|
|
|
Re: Music Game Issues
I tried Guitar Hero III a couple of times and I wasn't happy with the controls. The button timing seemed too lenient to me. It seemed to credit me even when I knew I pressed the button a split second too early or late. Perhaps it changes with the difficulty setting though.
DJ Hero does look fun though.
|
My Signature |
|
10-29-2009, 05:51 PM
|
#3
|
|
|
Re: Music Game Issues
I suck at music games but I think they're cool.
Did anyone hear about the uproar over Kurt Cobain being an unlockable character? It seems his estate gave the rights to use his image/music but they weren't aware of the ability to use him to play songs from other artists. From what I remember they mentioned Cobain being used to play a Van Halen song and someone was quoted as saying "he thought that kind of music was evil" or close to that.
Personally I don't see the problem but if there is an issue with his family not being aware of this then I agree they should change it.
|
My Signature |
|
10-30-2009, 01:44 PM
|
#4
|
|
|
Re: Music Game Issues
I heard that DJ Hero wasn't that great (it's character art looks terrible, and the learning curve is ridiculous), but I still think I might grab it. It looks like after a week, I could be spinning in front of my nerdy friends, and they would stand in awe.
I do that with Rock Band already, but come on, LOOK at it.

|
My Signature |
|
I'm not even a fan of sunglasses.
10-30-2009, 04:09 PM
|
#5
|
|
|
Re: Music Game Issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
I suck at music games but I think they're cool.
Did anyone hear about the uproar over Kurt Cobain being an unlockable character? It seems his estate gave the rights to use his image/music but they weren't aware of the ability to use him to play songs from other artists. From what I remember they mentioned Cobain being used to play a Van Halen song and someone was quoted as saying "he thought that kind of music was evil" or close to that.
Personally I don't see the problem but if there is an issue with his family not being aware of this then I agree they should change it.
|
If his family was unaware of the situation, it should be changed.
---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
I tried Guitar Hero III a couple of times and I wasn't happy with the controls. The button timing seemed too lenient to me. It seemed to credit me even when I knew I pressed the button a split second too early or late. Perhaps it changes with the difficulty setting though.
DJ Hero does look fun though.
|
I just got bored with Guitar Hero, I like games to be difficult because of the game itself, not because it has a lame controller that is made for people with small arms and hands.
---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades
I heard that DJ Hero wasn't that great (it's character art looks terrible, and the learning curve is ridiculous), but I still think I might grab it. It looks like after a week, I could be spinning in front of my nerdy friends, and they would stand in awe.
I do that with Rock Band already, but come on, LOOK at it.

|
I have to say, it looks like an improvement over Guitar Hero.
|
|
|
10-30-2009, 04:16 PM
|
#6
|
|
|
Re: Music Game Issues
Yeah I don't really care about the character art as all I'll be staring at is the three lines. I'd love to give Feel Good Inc. a spin.
|
My Signature |
|
10-30-2009, 09:18 PM
|
#7
|
|
|
Re: Music Game Issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
Yeah I don't really care about the character art as all I'll be staring at is the three lines. I'd love to give Feel Good Inc. a spin.
|
Sounds good, I like that song, and you're right, it doesn't matter what the characters look like, when you are only seeing a few lines.
|
|
|
10-30-2009, 11:18 PM
|
#8
|
|
|
Re: Music Game Issues
Some intresting mixes with the Gorillaz.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jl8c-I7iGI"]YouTube - Gorillaz vs. Blondie[/ame]
|
My Signature |
|
10-31-2009, 12:23 AM
|
#9
|
|
|
Re: Music Game Issues
No Clint Eastwood? Man.
Yeah, I don't know, I usually have fun with character creation, but they don't have it. Just being honest;
Last edited by Shades; 10-31-2009 at 12:26 AM..
|
My Signature |
|
I'm not even a fan of sunglasses.
10-31-2009, 12:38 AM
|
#11
|
|
|
Re: Music Game Issues
I can do medium-hard on Guitar Hero, I can throw down expert on Rock Band. I'm ready for this challenge.
I'm excited for this set list. The last game with a good song list in my opinion was the first Guitar Hero. Now, with hip hop? Time to party.
|
My Signature |
|
I'm not even a fan of sunglasses.
10-31-2009, 04:00 AM
|
#12
|
|
|
Re: Music Game Issues
Wow, Tensers video inspired me to check out other DJ Hero mixes and I found a great one,
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya3ODFtLiE8"]YouTube - DJ Hero: Vanilla Ice "Ice Ice Baby" vs. Paula Abdul "Straight up" Expert[/ame]
 I hate both songs but that's a good mix for sure. This is the first time I've actually liked anything Vanilla Ice has been a part of.
|
My Signature |
|
10-31-2009, 04:22 PM
|
#13
|
|
|
Re: Music Game Issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Wow, Tensers video inspired me to check out other DJ Hero mixes and I found a great one,
 I hate both songs but that's a good mix for sure. This is the first time I've actually liked anything Vanilla Ice has been a part of.
|
I like Ice Ice Baby, but I don't really care for the other song, but they work well together.
---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanc24
I loved guitar hero when it first came out. It is truly a revolutionary game, and the emergence of other games like Rock Band and DJ Hero proves its worth. Unfortunately, the game got boring fast for me. I never had the time or the patience to make it out of Medium difficulty. I can honestly say though, that game provided hours of entertainment for both me and my family, and most of them are not gamers.
|
One of my problems is that I only played Guitar Hero 3, I was bad (it took 12 tries to beat Slow Ride on Easy), then I tried the Metallica version in a store, but I got mad because instead of notes at the begining of Ace of Spades, there were some rainbow lines, and I had no Idea what to do.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 PM.
|