08-19-2009, 12:26 PM
|
#1
|
|
|
What Is Your Favorite 80's song?
My favorite is from Peter Gabriel's album So is the song "Sledgehammer" which came out 1986 amazing how old this movie is and it's still cool as ever when you watch it.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1tTN-b5KHg"]YouTube - Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer (1986)[/ame]
|
|
|
08-19-2009, 05:32 PM
|
#2
|
|
|
Re: What Is Your Favorite 80's song?
I love the music of Rick Astley. Sue Me.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI"]YouTube - Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up[/nomedia]
|
|
|
08-19-2009, 06:03 PM
|
#3
|
|
|
Re: What Is Your Favorite 80's song?
Not really sure, maybe Twilight Zone if that was the 80's by Goldenearring
|
|
|
08-19-2009, 06:12 PM
|
#4
|
|
|
Re: What Is Your Favorite 80's song?
you you could've posted it, 
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18DhOSDgSkE&feature=related"]YouTube - Twilight Zone - Golden Earring[/ame]
and as much as I hate to admit liking this song, not to mention this was off there last good album
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdlPjAJFIrw"]YouTube - U2 - With Or Without You[/nomedia]
Last edited by Timber Wolf; 08-19-2009 at 06:32 PM..
|
My Signature |
|
"...The people living there know thirst, hunger, disease, they suffer all these things and in the end, they grow old and die. But for one brief moment they shine as bright as the sun, because they know these hardships, they also know the meaning of happiness..."

08-19-2009, 06:38 PM
|
#5
|
|
|
Re: What Is Your Favorite 80's song?
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J4TdJdpPDM"]YouTube - Bad Company - Holy Water[/nomedia]
Holy Water by Bad Company from there album "Holy Water" self titled album a very awesome song was also on the tv show one of my favorite Supernatural.
|
|
|
08-20-2009, 03:07 PM
|
#6
|
|
|
Re: What Is Your Favorite 80's song?
Anything from UB40.
|
My Signature |
|

Ok My Sig might not be as epic ,
But my dawggg Is 
08-20-2009, 03:40 PM
|
#7
|
|
|
Re: What Is Your Favorite 80's song?
The video isn't much but
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cCI_XDQWb0"]YouTube - Soft Cell - Tainted Love: Video[/nomedia]
|
My Signature |
|
08-20-2009, 03:45 PM
|
#8
|
|
|
Re: What Is Your Favorite 80's song?
Good tune,
I sang it on karrioke once before getting kicked out.
|
My Signature |
|

Ok My Sig might not be as epic ,
But my dawggg Is 
08-20-2009, 05:41 PM
|
#9
|
|
|
Re: What Is Your Favorite 80's song?
I like rock you like a hurricane by the scorpions. I dont know it just gets my hyped up and ready to do whatever it is im gonna do. Also i like i ran(so far away) by flock of seagulls
|
|
|
08-20-2009, 06:15 PM
|
#10
|
|
|
Re: What Is Your Favorite 80's song?
No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn by The Beastie Boys.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI2IyHXJo5M"]YouTube - The Beastie Boys - No Sleep Till Brooklyn[/nomedia]
|
|
|
08-20-2009, 06:21 PM
|
#11
|
|
|
Re: What Is Your Favorite 80's song?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P93cI_u1mng"]YouTube - Tom Petty and the heartbreakers - I wont back down[/ame]
|
My Signature |
|
08-20-2009, 06:51 PM
|
#12
|
|
|
Re: What Is Your Favorite 80's song?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby
|
One hit wonder song.
|
|
|
08-21-2009, 02:56 AM
|
#13
|
|
|
Re: What Is Your Favorite 80's song?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
|
I couldn't think of just one song to call my favorite until I saw this. Word up Tom Petty rules.
|
My Signature |
|
08-21-2009, 03:41 AM
|
#14
|
|
|
Re: What Is Your Favorite 80's song?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
I couldn't think of just one song to call my favorite until I saw this. Word up Tom Petty rules.
|
Agreed. I believe I have eleven or twelve albums of his and some old vinyl as well.
|
My Signature |
|
08-21-2009, 08:38 AM
|
#15
|
|
|
Re: What Is Your Favorite 80's song?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu2Cammy
I like rock you like a hurricane by the scorpions. I dont know it just gets my hyped up and ready to do whatever it is im gonna do. Also i like i ran(so far away) by flock of seagulls
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by david man45
One hit wonder song.
|
I could probably reel off a 2 CD set of one hit wonders for the 80's, those are most of the songs that I remember most (AHa and Kajagoogoo anyone?)
|
My Signature |
|
08-21-2009, 12:34 PM
|
#16
|
|
|
Re: What Is Your Favorite 80's song?
is that the extended version of tainted love? (cant see it while im on my wii)
the longer version is twice as good as the shorter one.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
08-21-2009, 12:50 PM
|
#17
|
|
|
Re: What Is Your Favorite 80's song?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13
is that the extended version of tainted love? (cant see it while im on my wii)
the longer version is twice as good as the shorter one.
|
It's not. I may have to find that version of it.
|
My Signature |
|
08-21-2009, 01:05 PM
|
#18
|
|
|
Re: What Is Your Favorite 80's song?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCgbx51mYQE"]YouTube - VAN HALEN pretty woman video[/ame]
Oh (Pretty Women) by one of my favorite bands Van Halen it was such a cool video and Alex Van Halen was dressed up like a women the one who was the damsel in trouble.
|
|
|
08-22-2009, 02:53 AM
|
#19
|
|
|
Re: What Is Your Favorite 80's song?
I never understood why people make fun of one hit wonders. Sure it sucks for the band that they didn't go anywhere but at least they made that one good song. I don't think it makes the one song any worse or better, a song is a song.
|
My Signature |
|
08-24-2009, 09:35 AM
|
#20
|
|
|
Re: What Is Your Favorite 80's song?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
I never understood why people make fun of one hit wonders. Sure it sucks for the band that they didn't go anywhere but at least they made that one good song. I don't think it makes the one song any worse or better, a song is a song.
|
Me too. If anything, they probably bring back a memory of some sort. I have always liked the one hit wonders. Besides, it's one more hit song than I have wrote.
|
My Signature |
|
08-24-2009, 10:09 AM
|
#21
|
|
|
Re: What Is Your Favorite 80's song?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
I never understood why people make fun of one hit wonders. Sure it sucks for the band that they didn't go anywhere but at least they made that one good song. I don't think it makes the one song any worse or better, a song is a song.
|
I agree. Also, depending on the situation it often only takes one hit to secure someone financially for life. That's not always the case, but if the artist wrote the song, they can make royalties that last a good long while.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
08-24-2009, 11:08 AM
|
#22
|
|
|
Re: What Is Your Favorite 80's song?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGvZK89RUus"]YouTube - Prince - 1999[/ame]
|
My Signature |
|
08-24-2009, 12:06 PM
|
#23
|
|
|
Re: What Is Your Favorite 80's song?
people have the tendancy to think that if a band is a one hit wonder, that they only had one good song, witch is almost never the case
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
08-24-2009, 12:12 PM
|
#24
|
|
|
Re: What Is Your Favorite 80's song?
Don't think Van Halen was making fun of Orbinson's song "(Oh) Pretty Women I think they were trying to make this one hit wonder be listened to more and how they did the video was great they dressed up in different costumes it was funny Roth dressed up like Napoleon.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E42ZoFY8jdY"]YouTube - The Police-Fall out (Studio version)[/ame]
My favorite 80's song 'Fallout" by The Police no matter how many times I see this video on VH1 classic channel I know the lyrics to this song I sing it when it comes on.
Last edited by LunaAngelRose; 08-24-2009 at 12:20 PM..
|
My Signature |
|
08-24-2009, 03:56 PM
|
#25
|
|
|
Re: What Is Your Favorite 80's song?
WHY IS METAL BEING FORGOTTEN ABOUT!!!!!! lol well here's an entry
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgqxQmAbTBc"]YouTube - Iron Maiden-The trooper videoclip[/nomedia]
the trooper actually has a video for it, great song, LOVE the guitar in it
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWGOEWdV13M"]YouTube - The Call of Ktulu - Metallica[/ame]
Last edited by Timber Wolf; 08-24-2009 at 03:58 PM..
Reason: nevermind
|
My Signature |
|
"...The people living there know thirst, hunger, disease, they suffer all these things and in the end, they grow old and die. But for one brief moment they shine as bright as the sun, because they know these hardships, they also know the meaning of happiness..."

Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 PM.
|