Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
All Other Games Talk about video games we don't have online.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > All Other Games

View Poll Results: which is the best Ace Combat game??
Ace Combat 0 0%
Ace Combat 2 0 0%
Ace Combat 3 0 0%
Ace Combat 4 0 0%
Ace Combat 5 2 40.00%
Ace Combat zero 2 40.00%
Ace Combat 6 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
asher's Avatar
Regular Poster
62 posts
asher is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
asher

Ace Combat

I think the Ace combat sieries is one of the best video game series there is.
First it has simple,but fun levels the controls are easy to understand, and the gameplay is simple.
You attack ground and air targets, battle enemy aces.
it's the bestgame series ever.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:58 PM   #2
zarny's Avatar
Regular Poster
306 posts
zarny is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
zarny

Re: Ace Combat

It's alright, its nothing great.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:29 PM   #3
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Ace Combat

I love the series too. I didn't vote because I can't decide on just one as the best.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #4
Gamenguru's Avatar
 
Gamenguru

Re: Ace Combat

There are some good flight sims out there, but most are just straight forward "Here is your mission: ...Go blow stuff up" and don't really have much depth to them. However, Ace Combat has tried to actually add an engaging story to each of their games, along with some pretty good cinematics. I think, hands down it's the best combat flight sim available for the major (game console) arena.

The plots seem a little cheesy at times and the in-game hero worship is a bit over the top. Although, a little hero worship can be just what the doctor ordered when you're suiting up for a dangerous mission.

I voted for "Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War" as my favorite. Mainly because I think the story was (overall) one of the coolest in the series. Also, the depth of play was stepped up a notch with some added in-game options. Although, like DB said...it's hard to decide on a favorite.

Last edited by Gamenguru; 08-07-2009 at 02:31 PM..
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:50 AM   #5
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Ace Combat

Thanks for reminding me Wb I really liked that one too, ace combat5 was great. I voted for it.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:46 PM   #6
Gamenguru's Avatar
 
Gamenguru

Re: Ace Combat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Thanks for reminding me Wb I really liked that one too, ace combat5 was great. I voted for it.
Actually Db, it's Guru. I know that Wb's avatar is similar to mine, which makes it a lot easier to get us confused. Bagel doesn't get into the flight sims quite as much as I do. He likes them, but will usually gravitate to other gaming genres first.

Regarding AC5, I like the way the story unfolds through the eyes of the journalist who is chronicling the missions of the squadron. I think it adds a nice element to the plot. All of the AC games try to tell their stories from unique perspectives like this, which is one of the main things that I enjoy about the series.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:01 AM   #7
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Ace Combat

Oh my bad guru, I do believe that's the first time I've misquoted someone.

I agree with you either way. I liked the presentation a lot and it made the story interesting.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:08 AM   #8
Winnebagel's Avatar
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,609 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Winnebagel

Re: Ace Combat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Oh my bad guru, I do believe that's the first time I've misquoted someone.

I agree with you either way. I liked the presentation a lot and it made the story interesting.
Don't worry DB. It happens all the time. I think it's because all blue skinned people look alike.

I do like flight sims too, but it's true, guru does play them (and especially racing games) more than I do. I have been meaning to go through the whole Ace Combat series, but I still haven't gotten around to it.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 08-10-2009, 12:25 PM   #9
asher's Avatar
Regular Poster
62 posts
asher is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
asher

Re: Ace Combat

I like the way Zero's story is told: through the eyes of the wingman and all the aces he(you the player) have fought. It is a very interesting story, I like it.
I voted for Zero even I was torn between 3 and Zero, but Zero has more features, and better graphics.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:10 PM   #10
Gamenguru's Avatar
 
Gamenguru

Re: Ace Combat

Quote:
Originally Posted by asher View Post
I like the way Zero's story is told: through the eyes of the wingman and all the aces he(you the player) have fought. It is a very interesting story, I like it.
I voted for Zero even I was torn between 3 and Zero, but Zero has more features, and better graphics.

I agree that Zero has a really cool story as well. One of the things I liked about Zero was the integration of the "video" interviews with the enemy pilots as well as your wingmen. In fact, for me it was initially a toss-up between AC5 and Zero.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.

» vBadvanced CMPS