Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

View Poll Results: Favorite Rappers
2pac 7 25.00%
Snoop Dogg 0 0%
Notorious B.I.G. 1 3.57%
NWA 1 3.57%
Ice Cube 0 0%
Eazy-E 0 0%
Dr. Dre 1 3.57%
Eminem 5 17.86%
Ice T 0 0%
Other/ I don't like rap 13 46.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 08:41 PM   #1
laserboy1134's Avatar
Regular Poster
612 posts
laserboy1134 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
laserboy1134

Poll: Favorite rappers

I just wanted to know what rappers people on here like, my favorite would have to be the rap group NWA. I love their music, I love their songs, and they are just a great group of rappers.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
<br />Help me raise my Habamon!<br /><br /><br /><br />Link: Well Exscuuuse Me princess!
Old 07-18-2009, 12:00 AM   #2
thebird1003's Avatar
Regular Poster
387 posts
thebird1003 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via MSN to thebird1003
 
thebird1003

Re: Poll: Favorite rappers

i like 2pac
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by count100
i like the fact that you have what looks like a unbeatable score trophy
+ =<br />WORLD DOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2009, 12:38 AM   #3
mj23's Avatar
Regular Poster
966 posts
mj23 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to mj23 Send a message via MSN to mj23
 
mj23

Re: Poll: Favorite rappers

favorites

2pac
nwa
outkast - not their pop song "hey ya" that songs stupid

but yeah in that order
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:59 AM   #4
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Poll: Favorite rappers

I voted Tupac.

Btw laserboy, you didn't vote on your own poll.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:59 AM   #5
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Poll: Favorite rappers

I only like one rap song, and it's 'lose yourself' by eminem.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 03:47 AM   #6
Dojah's Avatar
 
Dojah

Re: Poll: Favorite rappers

I am all about lyrics so none of these people get my vote. Canibus, Jedi Mind Tricks, Slum Village, Method Man, Talib Kweli...More lyrical hip-hop then mainstream rap.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 03:50 AM   #7
count100's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,000 posts
count100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
 
count100

Re: Poll: Favorite rappers

I would have voted but ICP is not listed in a option of its own. That is the only kind of Rap that I really listen to. I don't want to make it like I don't care because that is not the case but you don't know if the other/don't care really means that you do like some just not those or you dont care.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 03:59 AM   #8
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: Poll: Favorite rappers

rap = farts in my face
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 07-18-2009, 04:03 AM   #9
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Poll: Favorite rappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojah View Post
I am all about lyrics so none of these people get my vote. Canibus, Jedi Mind Tricks, Slum Village, Method Man, Talib Kweli...More lyrical hip-hop then mainstream rap.
Well that's you're opinion. I think there's plenty of well thought out tupac songs. He made some popular junk songs but you have to admit he had real talent.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Count
I would have voted but ICP is not listed in a option of its own. That is the only kind of Rap that I really listen to.
DOES NOT COMPUTE!
Btw you can still vote for other if you don't like the options.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:25 AM   #10
count100's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,000 posts
count100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
 
count100

Re: Poll: Favorite rappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
DOES NOT COMPUTE!
Btw you can still vote for other if you don't like the options.
That's the point that I was making tho. The option for Other was meshed in with the I don't like rap. They should be separate options not just both in one, because how can you choose other when you don't like Rap at the same time.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:36 AM   #11
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Poll: Favorite rappers

Well some people would argue that by saying the only rap you like is ICP you actually don't like rap.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:03 AM   #12
sezthemank's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,584 posts
sezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats
Send a message via Yahoo to sezthemank
 
sezthemank

Re: Poll: Favorite rappers

Ok I voted 2pac, as tupac is like one of the best rappers ever,
but theres a hell of a lot of rappers and rap groups missing

Immortal techneque,
Atmosphere,
Ill Bill,
Cyress hill,
Brother Ali,
Even DMX is better than Snoop!

Our very own TMT is better than some of them rappers!
I do like most of them though.

And There should be a option for ICP!
As there is at least 3 of us on here that would vote them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by count100 View Post
I would have voted but ICP is not listed in a option of its own. That is the only kind of Rap that I really listen to. I don't want to make it like I don't care because that is not the case but you don't know if the other/don't care really means that you do like some just not those or you dont care.
Same here, I think this list is very "same" if you get me,
There are loads of better rappers than these!
Icp would Out rap some of these guys in this list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojah View Post
I am all about lyrics so none of these people get my vote. Canibus, Jedi Mind Tricks, Slum Village, Method Man, Talib Kweli...More lyrical hip-hop then mainstream rap.
I like Canibus and Jedi Mind Tricks!
Methord Man good too.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Ok My Sig might not be as epic ,
But my dawggg Is
Old 07-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #13
laserboy1134's Avatar
Regular Poster
612 posts
laserboy1134 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
laserboy1134

Re: Poll: Favorite rappers

My favorite rap song, by the way, is 2 of Amerikaz most wanted w/ 2pac and Snoop Dogg

@ Sez: I only had 10 spaces, so I couldn't put everyone in here. I thought you would like Snoop BTW.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
<br />Help me raise my Habamon!<br /><br /><br /><br />Link: Well Exscuuuse Me princess!
Old 07-18-2009, 01:57 PM   #14
Kevin's Avatar
 
Kevin

Re: Poll: Favorite rappers

I couldn't find Jay-Z on that list.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:39 PM   #15
Belmontzar's Avatar
Regular Poster
477 posts
Belmontzar play's well with othersBelmontzar play's well with others
View Stats
Send a message via Yahoo to Belmontzar Send a message via Skype™ to Belmontzar
 
Belmontzar

Re: Poll: Favorite rappers

MC hammer and the Fresh Prince are cool.
Like the Wildnout show with Nick Canon ^^. Old school rap is my sort of thing.

Snoop is cool outside of his music.

Last edited by Belmontzar; 07-18-2009 at 02:40 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add Snoop
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:20 PM   #16
Dojah's Avatar
 
Dojah

Re: Poll: Favorite rappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Well that's you're opinion. I think there's plenty of well thought out tupac songs. He made some popular junk songs but you have to admit he had real talent.
Of course it's my opinion, it's a poll forum. He did make some ok stuff, but I would have to say Eminem and Dr. Dre have more actual talent. Dre out of all of them on the talent by far.

But personally I like true hip-hop, and not so much the gangta rap. Gangsta rap is really not thought out at all, and I feel anyone can do it with ease.
This is a metaphorical song from the early 90's that kinda describes the hatred of gangsta rap vs hip-hop.
~~~~This does have some bad language~~~~
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMn4xaI1yLg"]YouTube - GP-Wu HIP HOP[/ame]
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:46 AM   #17
DrunkN's Avatar
 
DrunkN

Re: Poll: Favorite rappers

Where's McChris?
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:37 AM   #18
thebird1003's Avatar
Regular Poster
387 posts
thebird1003 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via MSN to thebird1003
 
thebird1003

Re: Poll: Favorite rappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkninja View Post
Where's McChris?
i never herd of this guy. is he you favorite rapper?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by count100
i like the fact that you have what looks like a unbeatable score trophy
+ =<br />WORLD DOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2009, 01:45 AM   #19
DrunkN's Avatar
 
DrunkN

Re: Poll: Favorite rappers

I can't remember if it had adult lyrics but here.
( Click to show/hide )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn8RBJjdOp4
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:44 AM   #20
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Poll: Favorite rappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojah View Post
Of course it's my opinion, it's a poll forum. He did make some ok stuff, but I would have to say Eminem and Dr. Dre have more actual talent. Dre out of all of them on the talent by far.
I really have to disagree about this. Eminem is good but I don't think he's better than tupac by any means, I bet eminem would agree.
Dre is talented but not for rapping, he's a better behind the scenes guy.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 05:30 AM   #21
Dojah's Avatar
 
Dojah

Re: Poll: Favorite rappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I really have to disagree about this. Eminem is good but I don't think he's better than tupac by any means, I bet eminem would agree.
Dre is talented but not for rapping, he's a better behind the scenes guy.
That's cool. Eminem probably would say that, but thats a give me. If he said other wise it would be the downfall for him for sure. But lyrically 2pac doesnt even come close. Battling, Eminem hands down is better. 2pac never was able to spit off the top of his head very well. Dre is better behind the scenes, but in his early years he basically made NWA, and Eazy with his raps, and beats. That's why I say Dre.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:07 AM   #22
sezthemank's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,584 posts
sezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats
Send a message via Yahoo to sezthemank
 
sezthemank

Re: Poll: Favorite rappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserboy1134 View Post
My favorite rap song, by the way, is 2 of Amerikaz most wanted w/ 2pac and Snoop Dogg
@ Sez: I only had 10 spaces, so I couldn't put everyone in here. I thought you would like Snoop BTW.
I used to love snoop,but he has lost the thing he had,
I love "the last meal" one of the first albums I bought.
but he seems to have gone "pop"
once a rapper does that, its hard to come back.
(I love pac, I proberley know all the words to most of his songs, I own everyone of his album and i have a massive painting on my wall of him!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I couldn't find Jay-Z on that list.
No offence, but good! Hes crap!
Good freestyler - that is it, he is so overrated.
I know they are friends now, but Nas is a hell of a lot better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmontzar View Post
MC hammer and the Fresh Prince are cool.
No there not LOL.
They are pop artists also!
(I love Fresh prince TV program though)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I really have to disagree about this. Eminem is good but I don't think he's better than tupac by any means, I bet eminem would agree.
Dre is talented but not for rapping, he's a better behind the scenes guy.
I totally agree, Eminem is no where near as good as tupac!
Dre is one of the most clever producers to date.
Exelent Audio prodution!
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Ok My Sig might not be as epic ,
But my dawggg Is
Old 07-19-2009, 01:05 PM   #23
laserboy1134's Avatar
Regular Poster
612 posts
laserboy1134 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
laserboy1134

Re: Poll: Favorite rappers

OK, everyone saying that their rapper isn't on the list, remember that I had a limit. With 10 spaces, I needed to leave one for "other" and list the rappers that I feel deserve mention. If your rapper isn't here, click other.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
<br />Help me raise my Habamon!<br /><br /><br /><br />Link: Well Exscuuuse Me princess!
Old 07-19-2009, 02:24 PM   #24
Kevin's Avatar
 
Kevin

Re: Poll: Favorite rappers

Lately I've been tossing in a lot of Too $hort in my playlist.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:32 PM   #25
sezthemank's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,584 posts
sezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats
Send a message via Yahoo to sezthemank
 
sezthemank

Re: Poll: Favorite rappers

Ive not heard any too $hort for years, hes cool!
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Ok My Sig might not be as epic ,
But my dawggg Is
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's your favorite rpg. DoctorRyanB1 All Other Games 74 05-23-2013 01:10 PM
How can you make a poll. mario90s Chat 2 07-02-2009 05:11 PM
Next Team Contest? Poll narrowed down. Kong Team Contests 17 05-09-2009 03:20 PM
Retro Valentine's Day Card 2009 - Tie Breaker Poll Kong Closed Contests 13 03-10-2009 06:44 PM
Retro Valentine's Day Card 2009 - Winner Poll Kong Closed Contests 4 02-27-2009 03:32 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.

» vBadvanced CMPS