Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
RU Games Discussions for just Retro Uprising games.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > RU Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #1
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Your most treasured High scores

Exactly what it says, Just post the highscores you treasure most here on RU and add a reason why for each one.

1. Super Earth Defence force: I've had this game since I was 6, It is literally the best game I have ever played And I've had plenty of practice since it is an extremely difficult game whiich is why I pride myself on having the top 4 high scores in it

2. City Connection: To most it is an unbeatable score and I've had this game since I was born, The only competition I have in it is Winnebagel.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:03 PM   #2
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Your most treasured High scores

Kind of makes me want to take your SEDF score.

Mine is 1943 (NES). Only because it was the first high score I had when we started keeping tack of NES scores.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Your most treasured High scores

why are you good at EDF?
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:12 PM   #4
jim5cents's Avatar
 
jim5cents

Re: Your most treasured High scores

shooter = tenser is good at it.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Your most treasured High scores

lol. I'm not going to brag because that never works out but the game is difficult not to mention I get a bonus on the first 3 levels because I don't get hit by a thing

but no, Tenser said in my review...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
One of my favourites
Well I guess that's expected, I thought tenser was into the vertical shooters though.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:44 PM   #6
Winnebagel's Avatar
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,609 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Winnebagel

Re: Your most treasured High scores

I really like Super E.D.F. as well. I'll have to play it some more to try to give you some competition Cam. You don't all 4 of the tope scores now do you?

I'm still gunning for that City Connection score too. One of these days...
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 05-06-2009, 06:20 PM   #7
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Your most treasured High scores

I have the top 8 in EDF :l

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Edit: WTH, The point of this thread was not to tell everyone, Take my scores but suddenly all the targets are on my scores.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:46 AM   #8
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: Your most treasured High scores

cam, you shouda used reverse psycholgy: "i dont want you to take my scores" woulda worked
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 05-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #9
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Your most treasured High scores

Earth Defense Force Cheats, Codes, and Secrets for SNES - GameFAQs
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2009, 12:19 PM   #10
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: Your most treasured High scores

bussssssssted
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 05-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #11
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Your most treasured High scores

I just tested those codes and I couldn't get them to work.

Also, Game Mods, before marking a score as farm because of cheat codes test and make sure that they work.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:16 PM   #12
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Your most treasured High scores

YOU MADE IT A FARM SCORE!!!

lookit, It is a game I have gotten good at over the 7 years I've owned it and my scores are legit, This game is unfarmable.
I've tried to use these these cheats on my snes to see how long the game went, And these cheats don't work, Fortunately I've gotten good at it since that 2 year time. I still can't get to the end easily but I've done it, My score is on level 4 currently. not level 6.

This absolutely ridiculous that this is a farm score and I'm furious that it is, If you think I'm cheating then I'll submit videos of my playing it

Edit: whoever changed it back to a regular score, thankyou.
Edit2: oh kong must've done that, Thanks

I click see last page and it took me to the first page, Seems to do that to me a lot on RU, Takes me to the second last page instead

Last edited by CatalystiCam; 05-09-2009 at 02:20 PM..
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:16 PM   #13
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Your most treasured High scores

Did you try switching the the left right to the L and R buttons?

A, B, X, Y, Right, Left, Up, Down, L, R for example.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2009, 04:59 PM   #14
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Your most treasured High scores

I tried everthing on my snes I found about 6 variations 2 years ago and tried them all, none worked.

I think it might just be for the famicon version...

But here I don't cheat
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #15
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Your most treasured High scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36 View Post
I tried everthing on my snes I found about 6 variations 2 years ago and tried them all, none worked.

I think it might just be for the famicon version...

But here I don't cheat
I'm not accusing you of cheating, Cam. I'm just wondering if its possible to cheat.

You wouldn't like it if some stranger came on suddenly and destroyed your high score easily by cheating, would you?

There's also a second code there as well. Lets have the game mods make sure none of them work in any variation.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2009, 07:42 PM   #16
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Your most treasured High scores

there is no second controller here either and As far as I can remember that one doesn't work either.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:18 PM   #17
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Your most treasured High scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36 View Post
Edit2: oh kong must've done that, Thanks
Nope.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
Did you try switching the the left right to the L and R buttons?

A, B, X, Y, Right, Left, Up, Down, L, R for example.
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
There's also a second code there as well. Lets have the game mods make sure none of them work in any variation.
Tried that one too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36 View Post
there is no second controller here either and As far as I can remember that one doesn't work either.
Yes there is, Numpad.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:40 PM   #18
Winnebagel's Avatar
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,609 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Winnebagel

Re: Your most treasured High scores

I just tried the code on Gamefaqs on the num pad and I can't get it to work. Maybe someone else can verify this, but so far the code does not seem to be enableable.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 05-10-2009, 11:30 AM   #19
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Your most treasured High scores

I'd hate for this to become farm enabled.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #20
oasis's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,160 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
oasis

Re: Your most treasured High scores

Cell out ~ Flash ~ try to beat it ... if you do congratz
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 05-10-2009, 06:05 PM   #21
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Your most treasured High scores

I've tried, It is a fun game.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:18 PM   #22
George Riley's Avatar
Regular Poster
190 posts
George Riley play's well with othersGeorge Riley play's well with othersGeorge Riley play's well with others
View Stats
 
George Riley

Re: Your most treasured High scores

Saw this as a related thread from the High Scores removed thread. So yeah I guess I'm being a thread digger.

It's interesting how the topic starter no longer has the top score in either game. As they say scores were meant to be beaten.

OK, time for scores on this site. I'll limit it to scores that are in first place, and on this site.

The first is Donkey Kong 3(Arcade): I loved this game as a kid, and still love it today. I took to this game like a duck to water. Of the high scores I have up here, this is by far the hardest score to beat. Almost every other high score I have up here can be beaten with a weeks worth of practice or less by most people. For even the best of the best, that score would take months, and months worth of practice to beat.

The second is a high score I just put up today. I'll probably improve on it a little as well. That game is Arm Wrestling(Arcade). I treasure this score so much because it wasn't super easy for me at first. I kept of being destroyed by opponents over, and over again, but through pure dogged determination, and persistence I broke through.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:08 AM   #23
maxh's Avatar
Regular Poster
268 posts
maxh radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsmaxh radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsmaxh radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsmaxh radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsmaxh radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsmaxh radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsmaxh radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsmaxh radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainsmaxh radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
 
maxh

Re: Your most treasured High scores

Nice to see you back posting and playing on RU George.

Yaya - scores are meant to be broken.

I've not played Arm Wrestling. I'll have to give that a whirl.

For me, I recently worked relentlessly on the 2014 contest version of Final Soldier. While it's not a huge game in the scope of games, scraping up a few points here and there over time to try and find a way to increase my score was quite a challenge. The score may or may not stand for long but for me it represents an achievement for grinding it out for a such a long period of time.

I really enjoy that grind phase of any given game too (on games I like playing). The phase where you don't think there is anything more you can do yet somehow you find a bit more in the game and in yourself. It's the "break through" moment as you say that I like the most. When all the hard work finally pays off by finding (and executing) the little minute things you can do differently to move just a bit more forward.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:53 AM   #24
Barra's Avatar
IGBYgate 2014
2,040 posts
Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Barra

Re: Your most treasured High scores

Top 3 for me in no order:

Taloon's Great Adventure: Mystery Dungeon - Super Nintendo
Stocker - Arcade/Coin-Op
Wolfenstein 3D - Super Nintendo

These took the most time and will probably never be beaten. Well, I guess it is possible for stocker to be beaten but not after a serious amount of dedication. The other two took a ridiculous amount of hours and I dont think anyone else is crazy enough to do the same on those titles!
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:07 AM   #25
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Your most treasured High scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Riley View Post
Saw this as a related thread from the High Scores removed thread. So yeah I guess I'm being a thread digger.

It's interesting how the topic starter no longer has the top score in either game. As they say scores were meant to be beaten.

OK, time for scores on this site. I'll limit it to scores that are in first place, and on this site.

The first is Donkey Kong 3(Arcade): I loved this game as a kid, and still love it today. I took to this game like a duck to water. Of the high scores I have up here, this is by far the hardest score to beat. Almost every other high score I have up here can be beaten with a weeks worth of practice or less by most people. For even the best of the best, that score would take months, and months worth of practice to beat.

The second is a high score I just put up today. I'll probably improve on it a little as well. That game is Arm Wrestling(Arcade). I treasure this score so much because it wasn't super easy for me at first. I kept of being destroyed by opponents over, and over again, but through pure dogged determination, and persistence I broke through.
I should probably go after both again. I haven't checked either score in a while, but I know I cracked 400 or 500 thousand in city connection offline once. Gets really difficult with those cops going the opposite direction after you hit 125 thousand points or whatever it was. I forget.

Super EDF I got 11 or 12 million in a livestream once, also on it's actual console (also to note the only time I've ever beaten the game). Only difference being the actual console cartridge's framerate drops when a lot's going on, so the final boss for example is easier to face in that slo-mo. RU fixes the framerate, and props for that. Not sure I have those twitch reactions to the extreme that boss asks though.

But yeah:

Quote:
I've had this game since I was 6, It is literally the best game I have ever played
Um... What. Why'd I ever say that? EDf's fun, but it's probably not even in my top 10 all time games. I know DK64 is my all time favourite, so yeah. Weird old me I guess.

Anyways, yeah. I haven't gamed here in a while due to lack of time, but mostly the fact that I was on an awful computer for pretty much 3 years. Fixed now, so yeah. I should get back to it.

Edit: Additionally... Freaking wow! Some of my old posts need to go on Cringe... ugh. Hate em. I apologize for whatever I did back then, this included.

Last edited by CatalystiCam; 06-19-2014 at 02:11 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Requests to enable recording high scores in new games Kong RU Games 200 06-08-2009 05:53 PM
High Scores Higher EJT2012 Chat 11 09-23-2008 10:21 PM
high scores oasis Chat 8 02-08-2008 04:26 PM
High Scores For NES (Emulator) Games LunaRoseAngel Chat 6 10-30-2007 06:10 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 PM.

» vBadvanced CMPS