|
View Poll Results: Do aliens exist?
|
|
Aliens Are Real And Are Out There
|
  
|
5 |
38.46% |
|
Aliens Are Not Real And Are Not Out There
|
  
|
3 |
23.08% |
|
I Would Like To Think Alians Are Real
|
  
|
4 |
30.77% |
|
I Hope Alians Are Not Real
|
  
|
0 |
0% |
|
I Don't Care
|
  
|
1 |
7.69% |
08-13-2008, 11:51 AM
|
#1
|
|
|
Mars And Space In General And Aliens
http://www.marsanomalyresearch.com/
I have come accross that website which is pretty interesting for a good read though some of the stuff he says is just way out there but alot of it makes sence.
but the pictures are cool
Does anyone else have any pictures
or for that matter how about ufo pictures or alian evidence
Ill post some of my favorite pictures soon
|
My Signature |
|
08-13-2008, 12:06 PM
|
#2
|
|
|
Re: Mars And Space In General And Aliens
I do believe in intelligent life out there, but UFO's and alien's on earth are another story, (i know that site is mars life, not alien visitor's, but i felt it was appropriate place to bring that up
|
My Signature |
|
"...The people living there know thirst, hunger, disease, they suffer all these things and in the end, they grow old and die. But for one brief moment they shine as bright as the sun, because they know these hardships, they also know the meaning of happiness..."

08-13-2008, 12:11 PM
|
#3
|
|
|
Re: Mars And Space In General And Aliens
I feel we are Aliens.
|
My Signature |
|
08-13-2008, 04:46 PM
|
#4
|
|
|
Re: Mars And Space In General And Aliens
I don't beleive there are aliens and never have. Aleins defenently make for good TV, but we don't have to worry about them in real life.
@Tails We're not aliens unless we go to a place were we are aleins. Just like Aliens are not aliens until they leave their home planet and come here. Although I think what you might meen is that we're not originaly from this planet which personly I think is propostrorous.
|
|
|
08-13-2008, 04:55 PM
|
#5
|
|
|
Re: Mars And Space In General And Aliens
Sci-Fi shows like Star Trek always try to make aliens look like humans with funny foreheads. That is because it is easy to do. In real life the chances that aliens look/act like anything we could imagine is infinitesimally small. They probably wouldn't even have DNA much less have our two hand, two feet, two eyes, 1 mouth, mammal layout.
There are a lot of planets out there and they have had a lot of time to have something happen on them. I think it is possible that aliens exist but I highly doubt that they have ever made it to Earth. I don't believe in UFOs.
|
My Signature |
|
08-13-2008, 04:55 PM
|
#6
|
|
|
Re: Mars And Space In General And Aliens
i think aliens exist. think about this: there are eight planets in our solar system. (pluto no longer counts). what are the odds that out of eight planets, Earth would be the ONLY one to have life on it? there has got to be life on another planet. and i believe that within the next fifty years, either we will have found the aliens, or the aliens will have found us. hopefully they wont be hostile like in the movies. ;D
|
My Signature |
|
You Dont Stop Playing Games Because You Get Old, You Get Old Because You Stop playing Games. Well Known Fact.
08-13-2008, 05:13 PM
|
#7
|
|
|
Re: Mars And Space In General And Aliens
but kong is right about the star trek idea
our scientist have agreed that the whole universe and everything in it is made up of the same material such as hydrogen
so anything that we have on earth would have the same material so mostlikely the life there would be like it is here on earth. we would not get creatures like jabba the hut or other starwars or star trek creatures because we dont have that here. would they look just exactly like us not nessacarily but I doubt they would look like klingons.
|
My Signature |
|
08-13-2008, 05:17 PM
|
#8
|
|
|
Re: Mars And Space In General And Aliens
i saw on the news not long ago that theve discovered water on mars, this means there could be life there 
|
My Signature |
|
08-13-2008, 05:40 PM
|
#9
|
|
|
Re: Mars And Space In General And Aliens
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by marxxx
i think aliens exist. think about this: there are eight planets in our solar system. (pluto no longer counts). what are the odds that out of eight planets, Earth would be the ONLY one to have life on it? there has got to be life on another planet. and i believe that within the next fifty years, either we will have found the aliens, or the aliens will have found us. hopefully they wont be hostile like in the movies. ;D
|
The odds that one out of 8 planets has life are almost zero. Life is very unlikely to ever happen. The fact that it happened on Earth is amazing.
However there are not just 8 planets. There are probably trillions of planets. We have no idea what the odds are that any of them besides ours has life. Maybe high. Maybe low. No way to tell.
And if aliens do exist the chances of them being able to travel millions of light years to stumble across us are even smaller than the chances of aliens existing in the first place.
So IMO. Alien life existing somewhere in the vastness of space at some point in time - future/past/present - could happen. Aliens resembling Sci-Fi tv. No way. Our generation contacting aliens - nope.
|
My Signature |
|
08-13-2008, 10:18 PM
|
#10
|
|
|
Re: Mars And Space In General And Aliens
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Kong
So IMO. Alien life existing somewhere in the vastness of space at some point in time - future/past/present - could happen. Aliens resembling Sci-Fi tv. No way. Our generation contacting aliens - nope.
|
I don't understand how you can be so sure about this. There is no way to know what aliens would look like or when/if they would contact us.
About the Star Trek thing, let me explain why they all look like humans.
Basically, there was an ancient race of humanoids who lived in our galaxy long before any of the other species. They traveled all over seeking out intelligent life but found that they were alone in the universe. They were obviously highly advanced since they were capable of interstellar space travel. So they decided to 'seed' the universe with life to combat the emptiness of it all. It only makes sense that they would make life in thier image. The reason for the small differences is of course because these races developed on much different planets from one another. For some reason(I forget atm) the old race died out or moved on to somewhere else. That's why the races didn't know all this.
It's a very interesting idea I think.
To think that we're the only life in this huge universe is arrogant to say the least.
|
My Signature |
|
08-13-2008, 10:20 PM
|
#11
|
|
|
Re: Mars And Space In General And Aliens
What I was saying we are Aliens is that if there is life on other planets we would be considered aliens to them thus we are aliens.
|
My Signature |
|
08-13-2008, 11:09 PM
|
#12
|
|
|
Re: Mars And Space In General And Aliens
It would be foolish to think if there was intelligent life out there and they were like us... they would be looking for the same thing we are. if there is intelligent life else where. odds are they will never ever find us because we a an infinitesimal spec in the universe. but they could find intelligent life else where. close to them and we would never know it because we have not found them and they have not found us.
|
My Signature |
|
08-13-2008, 11:47 PM
|
#13
|
|
|
Re: Mars And Space In General And Aliens
It's not at all foolish to think alien life might be like us. Who's to say our body design isn't the best suited for intelligent life? On our planet we see creatures of all sizes and shapes but none of them can sit down and talk about life on other planets with us.
Just saying anythings possible, we can't rule anything out.
Also while the odds of another species finding us are small it's foolish(:P) to assume they wouldn't be searching for life similar to how we are. We search every visible part of the sky hoping to catch signals. Makes sense they would too. The only real problem is the huge distances. There could be life so far away that they won't recieve our signals for thousands of years.
I'm being hopeful because I'm sick of this planet and the people on it. I want to go live with the Klingons.
|
My Signature |
|
08-13-2008, 11:52 PM
|
#14
|
|
|
Re: Mars And Space In General And Aliens
sorry thats not what I meant in the looks department.
I what I meant to say is if they were intelligent like us and wanted to know whats going on around them they would be doing space exploration too.
|
My Signature |
|
08-14-2008, 12:23 AM
|
#15
|
|
|
Re: Mars And Space In General And Aliens
I once learned in one of my science classes that another material that could possibly, or rather very likely could make up a creature is almost like glass. That is another material other than carbon which is basically what we are. Interesting to think there could be glass people walking around somewhere in the universe.
|
|
|
08-14-2008, 12:35 AM
|
#16
|
|
|
Re: Mars And Space In General And Aliens
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by oasis
sorry thats not what I meant in the looks department.
I what I meant to say is if they were intelligent like us and wanted to know whats going on around them they would be doing space exploration too.
|
I'd like to think so too. But there's always the chance that somehow they developed into a very isolationist society and don't want to search the universe for life. Maybe due to a form of religion or they have a very controlling leadership that isn't interested in finding other life. Could even be that they just assume nothings out there and they neglect to search. In that case the burden is on us to find them.
Like Kong said earlier it's a miracle that life formed on this planet, the conditions had to be just right. But, we know there's most likely limitless amounts of planets in the universe due to all the stars we can see from earth(we also know there's alot more we just can't see) so it's really silly to assume life only formed on this one.
Our planet is kinda fragile, if the conditions change all life could be wiped out. But we see evidence of life surviving in unimaginable conditions. Like recently discovered life that lives in the deepest parts of the ocean. They live in extreme pressures and temp. Not to mention they need no light to survive. It's just one example of lifes ability to survive in almost any known environment.
To me that proves life could exsist on almost any type of planet, which just makes the odds of alien life go up.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tails
What I was saying we are Aliens is that if there is life on other planets we would be considered aliens to them thus we are aliens.
|
Well yeah Tails, that's kinda obvious. The word alien just means foreign. A better way to say it is Extraterrestrial which means life originating away from earth.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by rambo
I once learned in one of my science classes that another material that could possibly, or rather very likely could make up a creature is almost like glass. That is another material other than carbon which is basically what we are. Interesting to think there could be glass people walking around somewhere in the universe.
|
It's interesting but it probably couldn't be like the glass we know. Earth glass is only flexible at high temps. But like I said before, anythings possible! 
|
My Signature |
|
08-14-2008, 12:39 AM
|
#17
|
|
|
Re: Mars And Space In General And Aliens
I believe the probability that there is life on at least one other planet is high.
I believe the probability of "intelligent life" on at least one other planet is low.
I believe the probability of contact with an alien life form is zero. Unless the theoretical and practical laws of physics are completely changed I will continue to believe this.
|
My Signature |
|
08-14-2008, 12:40 AM
|
#18
|
|
|
Re: Mars And Space In General And Aliens
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tenser
I believe the probability of contact with an alien life form is zero. Unless the theoretical and practical laws of physics are completely changed I will continue to believe this.
|
Really can't say 0. That assumes you have proof that it will never happen. I'd love to hear it.
|
My Signature |
|
08-14-2008, 12:47 AM
|
#19
|
|
|
Re: Mars And Space In General And Aliens
Dudebro I meant foreign and since we are not on their planet we would be the extraterrestrials.
|
My Signature |
|
08-14-2008, 12:50 AM
|
#20
|
|
|
Re: Mars And Space In General And Aliens
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tails
Dudebro I meant foreign and since we are not on their planet we would be the extratesticles.
|
Ok now that typo had to be on purpose.  And why would you bring up my extra testicles? You calling me and alien?!?
|
My Signature |
|
08-14-2008, 12:53 AM
|
#21
|
|
|
Re: Mars And Space In General And Aliens
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tails
Dudebro I meant foreign and since we are not on their planet we would be the extratesticles.
|
Ok now that typo had to be on purpose.  And why would you bring up my extra testicles? You calling me and alien?!?
|
Nope, my firefox being selfish.
It brought that up probably. it also says Kong is corn and Sub-board is Surf-board..
Whats I'm saying is that both ways we all are extratrestiles.
|
My Signature |
|
08-14-2008, 12:56 AM
|
#22
|
|
|
Re: Mars And Space In General And Aliens
Quote:
|
I believe the probability of contact with an alien life form is zero.
|
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Really can't say 0. That assumes you have proof that it will never happen. I'd love to hear it.
|
Since when has it become a requirement to back up opinion with fact? 
|
My Signature |
|
08-14-2008, 01:02 AM
|
#23
|
|
|
Re: Mars And Space In General And Aliens
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by rambo
I once learned in one of my science classes that another material that could possibly, or rather very likely could make up a creature is almost like glass. That is another material other than carbon which is basically what we are. Interesting to think there could be glass people walking around somewhere in the universe.
|
It's interesting but it probably couldn't be like the glass we know. Earth glass is only flexible at high temps. But like I said before, anythings possible! 
[/quote]
Yeah they were probably talking about microorganisms with the whole glass thing, but it's cool to imagine a glass person
|
|
|
08-14-2008, 01:04 AM
|
#24
|
|
|
Re: Mars And Space In General And Aliens
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by rambo
Yeah they were probably talking about microorganisms with the whole glass thing, but it's cool to imagine a glass person 
|

|
My Signature |
|
08-14-2008, 01:06 AM
|
#25
|
|
|
Re: Mars And Space In General And Aliens
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tenser
Quote:
|
I believe the probability of contact with an alien life form is zero.
|
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Really can't say 0. That assumes you have proof that it will never happen. I'd love to hear it.
|
Since when has it become a requirement to back up opinion with fact? 
|
Since you used an absolute like 0. To me that implies that you have some reason to think it will never happen. Pretty bold assumtion I think.
|
My Signature |
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
| Thread |
Thread Starter |
Forum |
Replies |
Last Post |
|
Animal Crossing in general
|
gamefreak100200 |
All Other Games |
15 |
01-02-2009 12:51 PM |
|
Space Taxi 2
|
Kugyince |
All Other Games |
1 |
08-14-2008 10:22 PM |
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.
|