Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
All Other Games Talk about video games we don't have online.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > All Other Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
TrakMastaTom's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom
 
TrakMastaTom

Good LAN party games?

I am trying to prepare a list of games to give to my friends so that we can have a good old fashioned LAN party. I am trying to think of some games that aren't FPS or RTS games since there are a million of those and primarily what people suggest. But if you have some really good LAN party ones those are welcome as well. There will probably be 8 of us and I am not sure how good everyone's computer is, but I expect everyone has at least a pretty capable PC.

So far I have:
Call of Duty 4
Team Fortress 2
DoTA
A bunch of Half Life mods (me and my friends have been playing most of them for years and they are tradition)

I was also recommended Atomic Bomberman and Trackmania for some alternative to the same old genres.

Anyone have some favorite LAN party games we might dig?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #2
fungusman's Avatar
 
fungusman

Re: Good LAN party games?

quake 3, cs 1.6, smash bros meelee somewhere during breaks

star craft.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
DrunkN's Avatar
 
DrunkN

Re: Good LAN party games?

Left 4 Dead 2 is wonderful.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:07 AM   #4
bearhawk72's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,749 posts
bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!bearhawk72 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
bearhawk72

Re: Good LAN party games?

GTA2. It's free.

I've had a good time playing Flatout at LAN parties.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #5
jim5cents's Avatar
 
jim5cents

Re: Good LAN party games?

Starcraft obviously, but rts.
Unreal tournament, but fps

Non rts or fps suggestions...

Worms
Syndicate (the original)

Last edited by jim5cents; 05-19-2012 at 11:46 AM..
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
StarfoxFan2009's Avatar
Butterscotch
2,971 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009
 
StarfoxFan2009

Re: Good LAN party games?

Madden (Any of them)
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #7
CrispyChicken's Avatar
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CrispyChicken

Re: Good LAN party games?

L4D2 and Killing Floor would be two suggestions of mine.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 05-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #8
DrunkN's Avatar
 
DrunkN

Re: Good LAN party games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrakMastaTom View Post
I am trying to think of some games that aren't FPS or RTS games
Whoops! Sorry I overlooked this. Unfortunately I don't think I could name any of the top of my head, other than a few racing games.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #9
CrispyChicken's Avatar
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CrispyChicken

Re: Good LAN party games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkninja View Post
Whoops! Sorry I overlooked this. Unfortunately I don't think I could name any of the top of my head, other than a few racing games.
Derp, I need to learn how to read too. Both of my suggestions were FPS games.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 05-20-2012, 06:07 AM   #10
SMASH's Avatar
 
SMASH

Re: Good LAN party games?

any of the quakes, or even TFC if you have 32 people.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
"What do you mean how, because I'm Billy Mitchell." Haters gonna hate
Old 05-21-2012, 11:22 PM   #11
TrakMastaTom's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom
 
TrakMastaTom

Re: Good LAN party games?

Sall good. FPS and RTS recommendations are still encouraged, I just wantedt to know if anyone had any good suggestions that were not those.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I will certainly take them all into consideration.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #12
Demon-Mask's Avatar
 
Demon-Mask

Re: Good LAN party games?

The only game I've ever played in a LAN party type context was Starcraft.
That was every single day of sophomore year.
Best computer programming class ever.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:57 PM   #13
ZedIsDead's Avatar
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
ZedIsDead

Re: Good LAN party games?

I had a Java programming class in my senior year of high school. For the first half of the year, someone had installed a SNES emulator and ROMs on every computer. Unfortunately, they eventually got deleted. A couple days later, Worms was on every computer and we spent the rest of the year playing it in LAN parties. I didn't do too badly in the class, but I couldn't tell you one line of code two weeks after I finished, let alone 6 years.

Worms is awesome.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!


Old 05-23-2012, 11:05 PM   #14
Demon-Mask's Avatar
 
Demon-Mask

Re: Good LAN party games?

I've retained everything I learned in programming.
We played Starcraft off of thumb drives. It was great.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good Games, Bad Design - Episode 1: What's at Stake Kugyince Scoop 2 07-13-2010 07:34 PM
Violent video games 'good for brains' Kugyince Scoop 0 04-24-2010 03:57 AM
Any Good Point and click games on here xfighter1138 All Other Games 9 08-01-2008 11:17 AM
The Iron Ring (book)/Some good games david man45 Chat 0 06-21-2008 10:53 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41 AM.

» vBadvanced CMPS