| All Other Games Talk about video games we don't have online. |
|
06-06-2011, 02:10 PM
|
#1
|
|
|
E3 2011 - Microsoft
List summary:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Ghost Recon
New Tomb Raider game
Gears of War 3
EA Sports titles
Mass Effect 3
Fable: The Journey
Original Halo remastered
Youtube app coming to Xbox
Announcement of live TV being streamed over Xbox Live
UFC partnership to stream over Xbox Live
Bing voice search integrated into Xbox, searches for game and video media
Forza Motorsport 4
Disneyland park simulator
Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster
Kinect Sports Season 2
Minecraft for Xbox 360
Ryse
Kinect Fun Labs - see other Kinect homemade demos
Halo 4
Personal opinions
Good show overall. I started zoning out after the Disney stuff but I'm obviously not the target audience for that.
From the predictions thread
Focus on Kinect games and continuing success. - RIGHT
-Crap ton of new Kinect games. By the time the conference is over you will have heard the word 'Kinect' at least 30 times. - RIGHT. I almost didn't make it on the 30 times call (I was at 27 with thirty minutes left) but Microsoft saved the day at the end. I stopped counting at 50 =P.
-Kinect integration with something for video teleconference (Skype?) -WRONG. Made into Bing search.
-Announcement of new deal for streaming content (new sports/movie agreement, something) -RIGHT
-Focus on disc games: Gears of War 3, Modern Warfare 3, others - RIGHT
-Talk of some big unheard of JRPG coming to America (Microsoft is big on courting JPN devs) -WRONG
-Talk of some Xbox Live Arcade games (personal want: omg please Radiant Silvergun soon!) -WRONG =(
-Briefly mention new hardware being developed but no demo, no product, no specs, nothing. -WRONG
I went 50% on my guesses  .
|
|
|
06-06-2011, 02:18 PM
|
#2
|
|
|
Re: E3 2011 - Microsoft
Besides ME3 I'm not very interested.
Btw-
I wonder what this means for that pretender to the throne "fortresscraft" that's already on Live.
|
My Signature |
|
06-06-2011, 02:59 PM
|
#3
|
|
|
Re: E3 2011 - Microsoft
I'm mostly interested in Gears 3 (finally  ), Halo 4 (Hooray for Master Chief  ), and CoD: MW3 (sorta)
Another Fable? I didn't even buy the last one because it seemed too similar to the 2nd. Unless they make it somewhat different and better, I won't be buying it.
A tad surprised that Microsoft didn't announce a new console.
...So when's the Nintendo E3? 
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
06-06-2011, 03:01 PM
|
#4
|
|
|
Re: E3 2011 - Microsoft
Gears 3 should be good but Halo 4 is probably not gonna be. It's not made by Bungie anymore, just MS studios. It will look like Halo but I bet it won't be as popular or fun.
|
My Signature |
|
06-06-2011, 03:03 PM
|
#5
|
|
|
Re: E3 2011 - Microsoft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
I wonder what this means for that pretender to the throne "fortresscraft" that's already on Live.
|
The Minecraft forums are absolutely raging right now. The PC elitists are so mad about this, it's hilarious :D.
*Edit*
See the rage here.
Last edited by Seahawk; 06-06-2011 at 03:08 PM..
Reason: Added link
|
|
|
06-06-2011, 03:06 PM
|
#6
|
|
|
Re: E3 2011 - Microsoft
Yeah wasn't the initial word that Minecraft would never be ported to consoles? Either way I'm glad to hear they're raging. I hate elitists pretty equally but PC elitists are pretty damn annoying.
|
My Signature |
|
06-06-2011, 03:17 PM
|
#7
|
|
|
Re: E3 2011 - Microsoft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
It's not made by Bungie anymore
|
Whaaaaat?? That's stupid 
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
06-06-2011, 03:20 PM
|
#8
|
|
|
Re: E3 2011 - Microsoft
Yeah actually that's why Reach/ODST didn't have Master Chief in them, MS owns the rights. Bungie could've included him but then they'd have to pay MS for it. I think it's understandable that they didn't wanna pay MS to use a character they made in the first place. So they just went with new characters in the same universe.
|
My Signature |
|
06-06-2011, 03:39 PM
|
#9
|
|
|
Re: E3 2011 - Microsoft
Did they say that Minecraft was going to be Kinect exclusive?
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
06-06-2011, 03:45 PM
|
#10
|
|
|
Re: E3 2011 - Microsoft
Quote:
|
I wonder what this means for that pretender to the throne "fortresscraft" that's already on Live.
|
indeed. Minecraft will win probably now. I sure hope I don't have to pay for the game twice now though...
Quote:
|
Did they say that Minecraft was going to be Kinect exclusive?
|
I was worried about this too, but no. It's just kinect compatible as far as I know.
|
|
|
06-06-2011, 04:34 PM
|
#11
|
|
|
Re: E3 2011 - Microsoft
Quote:
|
I sure hope I don't have to pay for the game twice now though
|
What makes you think you won't? If you want it on a different system you gotta pay. Actually you'll be paying three times since you bought Fortresscraft too.
|
My Signature |
|
06-06-2011, 04:57 PM
|
#12
|
|
|
Re: E3 2011 - Microsoft
Minecraft was a good score for 360 owners. I don't really care for anything else.
|
My Signature |
|
06-06-2011, 05:02 PM
|
#13
|
|
|
Re: E3 2011 - Microsoft
I'll reserve judgment on Minecraft but I suspect it will be pretty watered down. I think I heard it's gonna be one of those games where you use your avatars to interact with the world, that might turn me off completely. If I wanted to play games with a Mii I'd turn on my Wii.
|
My Signature |
|
06-06-2011, 06:01 PM
|
#14
|
|
|
Re: E3 2011 - Microsoft
Quote:
|
What makes you think you won't? If you want it on a different system you gotta pay. Actually you'll be paying three times since you bought Fortresscraft too.
|
fortresscraft was a dollar, not a loss at all. I'm just saying I already have an account on minecraft. The site says buy beta (or alpha back then in my case) and get all future versions. Whether this applies to 360? I doubt it but I can only hope. Also, you can log into minecraf ton like any computer, wouldn't you just essentially be logging in on the 360? I guess not since it would be an arcade title. I'm just wondering which way they'll go with it. Best bet is saying that they'll be pirates and make you pay again.
I looked it up and the speculated price is 1800 points. I think that would be pretty lame personally. Points cards here are 1400 and 2800 and in the states the lowest card is 1600. So either way you can't buy it with the lowest points card. Kind of annoying, but whatever.
It's also saying that notch is looking to finish the game and get it out of beta by fall. I think this is mostly brought on by the xbox release which I kind of see as a neggative thing. At the rate things are progressing with the game as it is, not much will be added by then :-/ Who knows, maybe computer betas will continue and dlc's will be given to the 360? That's a big possibility.
Last edited by CatalystiCam; 06-06-2011 at 06:03 PM..
|
|
|
06-06-2011, 06:33 PM
|
#15
|
|
|
Re: E3 2011 - Microsoft
Cam you can hold on to hope but you gotta be realistic. They don't wanna give it out for free. The guy who made Minecraft doesn't, this will be big bucks to cash in on his success. I'd be stunned if they did anything free with it.
|
My Signature |
|
06-06-2011, 07:08 PM
|
#16
|
|
|
Re: E3 2011 - Microsoft
There is no way that the will allow you to transfer your account, probably half of the accounts on pc are pirated.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
06-06-2011, 07:09 PM
|
#17
|
|
|
Re: E3 2011 - Microsoft
Plus MS wouldn't go through the effort of porting it, hosting it and advertising it just to give it away.
|
My Signature |
|
06-06-2011, 09:26 PM
|
#18
|
|
|
Re: E3 2011 - Microsoft
Quote:
|
Cam you can hold on to hope but you gotta be realistic. They don't wanna give it out for free. The guy who made Minecraft doesn't, this will be big bucks to cash in on his success. I'd be stunned if they did anything free with it.
|
I'm aware, all you can have is hope though.
Quote:
|
There is no way that the will allow you to transfer your account, probably half of the accounts on pc are pirated.
|
When people pirate a MC account, they just need to login once to get it to download all the stuff for the game, then they can only play offline from there on in, from what I have seen anyways.
|
|
|
06-07-2011, 09:03 AM
|
#19
|
|
|
Re: E3 2011 - Microsoft
Managed to watch half of it yesterday.
For clarification sake, Ghost Recon is not part of the Splinter Cell series. It is a series that I really enjoy. Was not overly impressed with the Kinetic features on it.
COD managed to completely side step the Elite service from what I saw.
Gears 3 demo was unimpressive.
The new Tomb Raider looks absolutely awesome and I'm pumped about playing it.
Don't care about voice controlled desktop and bing. Youtube is kinda cool, UFC is kinda cool. That was as far as I got.
|
|
|
06-07-2011, 12:00 PM
|
#20
|
|
|
Re: E3 2011 - Microsoft
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim5cents
The new Tomb Raider looks absolutely awesome and I'm pumped about playing it.
|
Does anyone else find it weird that Square Enix is making this game, as opposed to Eidos?
|
|
|
06-07-2011, 12:10 PM
|
#21
|
|
|
Re: E3 2011 - Microsoft
Maybe Eidos released they needed to change it up, they've been rehashing that same damn character and gameplay for too many years now. Give it to SE and let them put the kiss of death on it finally.
|
My Signature |
|
06-07-2011, 12:50 PM
|
#22
|
|
|
Re: E3 2011 - Microsoft
Not a fan I take it?
|
|
|
06-07-2011, 01:43 PM
|
#23
|
|
|
Re: E3 2011 - Microsoft
I was a fan at first but like I said, been done to death at this point.
|
My Signature |
|
06-07-2011, 02:24 PM
|
#24
|
|
|
Re: E3 2011 - Microsoft
Well, here is hoping to a little something fresh. It was kind of hinted at, hopefully they turn it into a survival/adventure kind of game as opposed to PoP Sands of Time with infinate ammo, that would be pretty cool.
|
|
|
06-07-2011, 02:25 PM
|
#25
|
|
|
Re: E3 2011 - Microsoft
Knowing SE they'll just make it worse. Not saying all their games are crap but they have a certain style and I don't see that blending well with this.
|
My Signature |
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 PM.
|