| Team Contests The 4 Retro Uprising teams do battle in a team contest about once a month. |
|
12-05-2010, 07:45 PM
|
#1
|
|
|
Team Contest VIII - It's Nacho Cheese!
Sorry, I just love that commercial.
Each day at midnight GMT this link
http://retrouprising.com/contest.php
will list a new game.
The first game will appear midnight GMT December 21.
You must submit your score for each round before the next game is added (midnight GMT) for it to count.
The highscore in each round earns a point for their team.
First team to 10 points wins.
There will not be a game added on December 24, 25, 31 and January 1.
This contest will last from 14 to 41 days depending on how well each team does.
Good luck.
Last edited by Kong; 12-20-2010 at 08:39 AM..
|
My Signature |
|
12-05-2010, 08:28 PM
|
#2
|
|
|
re: Team Contest VIII - It's Nacho Cheese!
sounds like a good basis of an idea. Pretty simple but would be fun.
I'm shocked this came so soon after the space between the last few, but I am not complaining
I think it should have something more to it like the team that wins loses the person thats won for the next round whether it be temporarily for that round or permanent. Same could apply for last place?
I'm just spit-balling an idea to add more to this.
|
|
|
12-05-2010, 08:34 PM
|
#3
|
|
|
re: Team Contest VIII - It's Nacho Cheese!
I think the most important part is attempting to be accomodating to everyone's schedule because of the holidays.
If someone is not available for a round or two all is not lost.
|
My Signature |
|
12-05-2010, 08:38 PM
|
#4
|
|
|
re: Team Contest VIII - It's Nacho Cheese!
Do we all want to do this now or should we just wait until January so it runs smoother?
|
My Signature |
|
12-05-2010, 08:45 PM
|
#5
|
|
|
re: Team Contest VIII - It's Nacho Cheese!
I don't mind either way but the holidays will actually give me more time personally.
|
|
|
12-05-2010, 08:51 PM
|
#6
|
|
|
re: Team Contest VIII - It's Nacho Cheese!
I'll probably have time except on the actual day of Christmas but I'm sure not everyone cares as little as I do about it.
|
My Signature |
|
12-05-2010, 09:29 PM
|
#7
|
|
|
re: Team Contest VIII - It's Nacho Cheese!
The 22nd you say? I need to find a team.
I'm sure you could have held the title "Nacho Cheese" for trophy thief in the 2010 awards.
|
|
|
12-05-2010, 10:13 PM
|
#8
|
|
|
re: Team Contest VIII - It's Nacho Cheese!
Why not skip it? :S
Not to sound ungrateful or anything, but I'd rather just do contests twice a year instead of 4 times a year like this. Plus this one looks like a 10-14 day contest. O_o
|
My Signature |
|
12-05-2010, 10:38 PM
|
#9
|
|
|
re: Team Contest VIII - It's Nacho Cheese!
Another variation of this game for another contest, "yatzee" at the end of the round each team secretly pm's Ten witch score they will use, that player is then benched, most points after 10 days wins. It needs a little ironing out but the premis is solid I think. Anyway back on topic.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
12-05-2010, 11:06 PM
|
#10
|
|
|
re: Team Contest VIII - It's Nacho Cheese!
I like 4 times a year for a contest, its fun.
|
|
|
12-05-2010, 11:11 PM
|
#11
|
|
|
re: Team Contest VIII - It's Nacho Cheese!
I think most everyone prefers four times a year, myself included. I just think we're gonna be risking more problems by having it so close to christmas/new years.
|
My Signature |
|
12-06-2010, 12:19 AM
|
#12
|
|
|
re: Team Contest VIII - It's Nacho Cheese!
I like the format personally. I think it is simple and straightforward for that time of year. The fact that there will be no games played on the main days makes it even more attractive to me.
I support it the way it is being presented. 
|
|
|
12-06-2010, 02:51 AM
|
#13
|
|
|
re: Team Contest VIII - It's Nacho Cheese!
The idea is 4 contests a year, starting on the solstice and equinoxes, with the winter contest being very low impact. We can tweak the rules some but the winter contest should be designed in a way where people are not guilt tripped for calling in sick.
4 teams racing to 10 means, 10 to 37 days + the 5 vacation days. I predict with the current rules it would last until about a month.
If the majority want to post pone it, we can, but I think it should work fine over the holidays. People will probably have more time, not less, because of vacations.
With the current rules, the games will be automatically posted every day at the same time.
|
My Signature |
|
12-06-2010, 04:01 AM
|
#14
|
|
|
re: Team Contest VIII - It's Nacho Cheese!
The new idea is to have the robot auto-post a list of games I randomly generated one at a time at the same exact time of the day. A soon as that robot post is made the previous day's game is over. Any GM on can verify the highest score after checking the que and post it up.
|
My Signature |
|
12-06-2010, 04:08 AM
|
#15
|
|
|
re: Team Contest VIII - It's Nacho Cheese!
You made me hungry Tenser. Nacho Cheese = good.
Anyways, sounds good. Nice about the robot feature, less Kongser dependant.
|
My Signature |
|
12-06-2010, 06:41 AM
|
#16
|
|
|
re: Team Contest VIII - It's Nacho Cheese!
I'm fine with 4 contests a year.
|
My Signature |
|
12-06-2010, 08:29 AM
|
#17
|
|
|
re: Team Contest VIII - It's Nacho Cheese!
Good to go. Question. Can everyone in a team play the same round or do we need to take turns?
|
My Signature |
|
12-06-2010, 01:35 PM
|
#18
|
|
|
re: Team Contest VIII - It's Nacho Cheese!
Alright, a couple of questions...
Does everyone from the team play meaning no one will be benched?
Does every team member have to go before the same person can go again?
Will the member matches be made before the game or do we get to choose who we pick for each game?
Other than that, I should be good to go as long as my FPS holds up.
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
12-06-2010, 03:41 PM
|
#19
|
|
|
re: Team Contest VIII - It's Nacho Cheese!
Everyone is eligible to play every single round. Multiple team members can submit scores. The idea is to make the contest as simple as possible.
Rule addendum: If there is a tie for first place the tie will go to the player to get the score first.
|
My Signature |
|
12-06-2010, 03:53 PM
|
#20
|
|
|
re: Team Contest VIII - It's Nacho Cheese!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
Everyone is eligible to play every single round. Multiple team members can submit scores. The idea is to make the contest as simple as possible.
Rule addendum: If there is a tie for first place the tie will go to the player to get the score first.
|
Okay. So it's sort of like a mini Clash of the Titans. Sounds fun.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
12-06-2010, 04:21 PM
|
#21
|
|
|
re: Team Contest VIII - It's Nacho Cheese!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
Rule addendum: If there is a tie for first place the tie will go to the player to get the score first.
|
how about changing it to the second higest score from your team is the tie breaker.
|
My Signature |
|
12-06-2010, 05:10 PM
|
#22
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VIII - It's Nacho Cheese!
Updated thread title, this is actually #8. Previous contest was misnamed 6 even though it was 7.
|
My Signature |
|
12-06-2010, 05:20 PM
|
#23
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VIII - It's Nacho Cheese!
Alright so everyone can play and best score wins. It's pretty much that whoever at the end of the day, has the best score, wins that game for their team, correct?
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
12-06-2010, 05:27 PM
|
#24
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VIII - It's Nacho Cheese!
Quote:
|
The new idea is to have the robot auto-post a list of games I randomly generated one at a time at the same exact time of the day. A soon as that robot post is made the previous day's game is over. Any GM on can verify the highest score after checking the que and post it up.
|
You mean an actual bot running the games list? This mean you aren't resigning from GOM?
Also, EVERYONE? Sorry for caps but I want to emphasise that, I mean teams have 9 or 10 players at this point and usually some are benched to make it eight. Where does this sit?
|
|
|
12-06-2010, 05:29 PM
|
#25
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VIII - It's Nacho Cheese!
Quote:
|
teams have 9 or 10 players at this point
|
Some have less. 
|
My Signature |
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 PM.
|