Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-21-2010, 08:02 PM   #1
fungusman's Avatar
 
fungusman

New retro gaming blog looking for reviewers/writters

Retro Shindig is an new retro video gaming blog looking for reviewers and columnist.
If this is something that interests you, send me a private message and i will create a user account for the website to get started.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #2
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: New retro gaming blog looking for reviewers/writters

Maybe. Need more info.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2010, 08:29 PM   #3
joz's Avatar
 
joz

Re: New retro gaming blog looking for reviewers/writters

I'm interested in this, but would also like some more info.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:44 AM   #4
StarfoxFan2009's Avatar
Butterscotch
2,971 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009
 
StarfoxFan2009

Re: New retro gaming blog looking for reviewers/writters

I would like some info as well
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:49 AM   #5
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: New retro gaming blog looking for reviewers/writters

Does this pay and if so can I be paid in Funyuns?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:24 AM   #6
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: New retro gaming blog looking for reviewers/writters

offtopic: I had to google funyuns, I assume it's a U.S. thing. Anyway I took a road trip down to the U.S. today. I found an awsome book at a place called "boarders" it was the Street Fighter Tribute book, $39.99, I waited in line for about 20 minutes only to find out that they "don't accept Canadian interact" by this time the line was twice as big as when I got into it the first time so I said screw it. Also we ate at T.G.I.Fridays lol.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 11-22-2010, 05:34 AM   #7
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: New retro gaming blog looking for reviewers/writters

Quote:
I had to google funyuns, I assume it's a U.S. thing.
That seems so strange to me. I see ads for them on TV and they've always been in every store that sells junk food in my area. Regional differences are interesting like that I guess.

Quote:
I found an awsome book at a place called "boarders"
Did you also find one of those "Walmarts"? Sorry it just seems funny to me.

Quote:
"don't accept Canadian interact"
An american said it like that? I find that hard to believe, what state where you in?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #8
fungusman's Avatar
 
fungusman

Re: New retro gaming blog looking for reviewers/writters

Like I said in my original post, PM me.

I have to make sure you aren't a total idiot first so I'll need sample articles also the following questions need to be answered

Name
Age
Location
Systems Owned

Also if you have an experience running blogs or using word press as well.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #9
TrakMastaTom's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom
 
TrakMastaTom

Re: New retro gaming blog looking for reviewers/writters

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungusman View Post

I have to make sure you aren't a total idiot first
Well I'm out.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:43 PM   #10
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: New retro gaming blog looking for reviewers/writters

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrakMastaTom View Post
Well I'm out.
Ditto. Unless the Funyun payment option becomes a reality at some point.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:19 AM   #11
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: New retro gaming blog looking for reviewers/writters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Did you also find one of those "Walmarts"? Sorry it just seems funny to me.

An american said it like that? I find that hard to believe, what state where you in?
We have bookstores called "Chapters" you could fit 20 "Boarders" in one of them. They are gigantic.

Regarding the bank card, I have no idea why I quoted it, it's not what she said, but they didnt take my bank card anyway.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 11-23-2010, 02:22 AM   #12
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: New retro gaming blog looking for reviewers/writters

Quote:
We have bookstores called "Chapters" you could fit 20 "Boarders" in one of them. They are gigantic.
And? I was laughing because by quoting Borders you made it seem like some strange find or something out of the ordinary. Maybe it's regional to me but Borders is a well known store like Walmart.

Do you guys call it interact when dealing with bank cards and the like? I'm genuinely interested in this kind of thing.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:33 AM   #13
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: New retro gaming blog looking for reviewers/writters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
And? I was laughing because by quoting Borders you made it seem like some strange find or something out of the ordinary. Maybe it's regional to me but Borders is a well known store like Walmart.

Do you guys call it interact when dealing with bank cards and the like? I'm genuinely interested in this kind of thing.
I was just explaining what our local bookstores were, and including a breif desciption. It wasnt a my dad is bigger than your dad situation, besides Chapters doesnt carry the book in question so there is a point for your dad.

As for bank cards, I'm sure you guys have the equivilent, we call it interact, and sometime refer to it as debit. Standard swipe the bank card and input your password dealy.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 11-23-2010, 02:37 AM   #14
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: New retro gaming blog looking for reviewers/writters

Quote:
I was just explaining what our local bookstores were, and including a breif desciption
Ah. I thought you were giving me some weird explanation that wasn't making sense.

Yeah we call it debit. Interact seems weird, why do you call it that?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:38 AM   #15
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: New retro gaming blog looking for reviewers/writters

Oh and I was in New York at a place called Watertown, it's the best bang for your buck for a quick daytrip from Ottawa.

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

Interac
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fail Blog: Multitasking Fail samejamesbond Chat 2 11-06-2010 06:01 PM
Portland Retro Gaming Expo Coming Soon Robot Scoop 1 08-24-2010 01:05 PM
Cam's Video Game Blog CatalystiCam Chat 18 03-13-2010 12:59 AM
Video Game Reviewers/Journalists Ragtag Chat 9 05-15-2009 12:23 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 PM.

» vBadvanced CMPS