Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #1
samejamesbond's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
samejamesbond

Nostalgia Critic: Street Fighter Movie

Could the Nostalgia Critic resist to review the infamous Street Fighter Movie? Of Course not.

(NSFW)

Street Fighter + Mortal Kombat: The Movie Reviews Part 1

Last edited by samejamesbond; 11-06-2010 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: (NSFW)
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Remove Pootis
Old 11-06-2010, 11:56 AM   #2
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Nostalgia Critic: Street Fighter Movie

Is there a way to unsubscribe to this?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


Old 11-06-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
samejamesbond's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
samejamesbond

Re: Nostalgia Critic: Street Fighter Movie

I don't follow.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Remove Pootis
Old 11-06-2010, 11:58 AM   #4
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Nostalgia Critic: Street Fighter Movie

You're posting so many topics and it's annoying me, so I want to know is there a way to unsubscribe to your threads.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


Old 11-06-2010, 11:59 AM   #5
samejamesbond's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
samejamesbond

Re: Nostalgia Critic: Street Fighter Movie

Have you tried the Thread Tools?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Remove Pootis
Old 11-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #6
RU Joe's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
RU Joe

Re: Nostalgia Critic: Street Fighter Movie

I really like the Street Fighter movie, despite its alleged faults.
Yes, I know it's supposed to be one of the worst movies of all time, right up there with the Mario Bros. movie {which I also like}

But I think people have too high expectations sometimes - I know I do -
to give you an example:

I love the PS2 game Max Payne, and when I heard that there was a movie about it I just had to see it.
But upon seeing it for the first time I noticed that while it decently represented the majority of the characters and storyline, there was something about it I didn't quite like.

Later, I realized that what I didn't like about the movie was .. that it wasn't a literal translation of the game.
It's kind of like when you have a craving for chocolate -

but you go and get chocolate flavored {foodstuff} instead of the genuine article - you're bound to feel as though you didn't get exactly what you were after.

I unrealistically expected the movie to be a transfer of the game scene - by - scene, and although it would have been really neat to see the game brought to life directly that way I know most people {who aren't me} probably wouldn't have appreciated it that much ..

So I say that if you like the game, allow it to stand alone as the great work it is without comparing it to other products bearing the same name.
By the way, I still like the Nostalgia Critic's reviews and will continue to watch them.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:34 AM   #7
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Nostalgia Critic: Street Fighter Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails View Post
You're posting so many topics and it's annoying me, so I want to know is there a way to unsubscribe to your threads.
I didn't realize you were being forced to view his topics against your will. How about from now on you just don't click on them and mark them as read, problem solved.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:48 AM   #8
samejamesbond's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
samejamesbond

Re: Nostalgia Critic: Street Fighter Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I didn't realize you were being forced to view his topics against your will. How about from now on you just don't click on them and mark them as read, problem solved.
Thanks DB.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Remove Pootis
Old 11-08-2010, 12:57 AM   #9
fenrir1887's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,122 posts
fenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of averagefenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
fenrir1887

Re: Nostalgia Critic: Street Fighter Movie

In my opinion, I like the movie, even if it is one of Van Damme's worst by most people's standards.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
AWOOO!
The Wolf is on the prowl!
Old 11-09-2010, 05:43 PM   #10
Demon-Mask's Avatar
 
Demon-Mask

Re: Nostalgia Critic: Street Fighter Movie

I sort of liked this movie, though it wasn't the greatest, it could have been worse.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nostalgia Critic: Godzilla (1998) samejamesbond Chat 3 11-04-2010 12:13 AM
Nostalgia Critic: My Pet Monster samejamesbond Chat 3 11-03-2010 01:58 PM
Nostalgia Critic: Leprechaun samejamesbond Chat 0 10-27-2010 02:32 PM
Street Fighter 4 Hobbes All Other Games 6 02-23-2009 08:45 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 PM.

» vBadvanced CMPS