Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

View Poll Results: What does the red button represent?
Reporting non - compliants to the authorities 0 0%
Self - destruction of non - compliants 0 0%
A suggestion that non - compliance is punishable by death 1 25.00%
Other {please specify} 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 10:14 PM   #1
RU Joe's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
RU Joe

10/10: Comply or DIE?

Hi guys, there's an advertisement campaign on right now intended to frighten the general public into submission to the upcoming Global Carbon Taxation Scam, brought to us by the people who orchestrated the whole Global Warming Hoax in the first place: {Al Gore, David deRothschild and company -
the International Banksters who stand to profit from the proposed taxes.}

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH71XCmsbCc]YouTube - Guardian UK 10:10 vid - VILE ECO-TERROR PROPAGANDA![/ame]

What do you guys think of this?
You must admit the terror tactics aimed at kids is a pretty frightening thing, taking only the classroom ad into account.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #2
CrispyChicken's Avatar
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CrispyChicken

Re: 10/10: Comply or DIE?

Wow, that school scene was pretty terrible. I don't think thats a good way to get people to join your side, Im sure lots of parents wouldn't like that commercial at all.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 10-16-2010, 10:23 PM   #3
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: 10/10: Comply or DIE?

Yeah I heard about this but it was quickly condemned and pulled from the website.
10:10 video removed after sparking controversy | News | Marketing Week
That's the first article I found about it. It was not aimed at kids, it was meant to be satirical humor for adults.
"Richard Curtis, writer of Blackadder and Four Weddings and a Funeral, directed the video"
I think that's a big clue that it was meant to be funny and not some serious scare tactic. Either way it worked from a business standpoint since people are talking about it and it's making headline news. What blog did you hear about this on?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:26 PM   #4
CrispyChicken's Avatar
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CrispyChicken

Re: 10/10: Comply or DIE?

I'll admit, it was a little funny, but it was kind of ruthless, I think the kid scene could of been taken out.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 10-16-2010, 10:28 PM   #5
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: 10/10: Comply or DIE?

I think it was stupid and tasteless but I don't think it's some intentional scare tactic like JG is implying.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:29 PM   #6
CrispyChicken's Avatar
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CrispyChicken

Re: 10/10: Comply or DIE?

It certaintly doesn't pursue me to do what the commercial was aiming for.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 10-16-2010, 10:40 PM   #7
RU Joe's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
RU Joe

Re: 10/10: Comply or DIE?

DB:
Quote:
I think it was stupid and tasteless but I don't think it's some intentional scare tactic like JG is implying.
I would love to think that it is in fact meant to be humorous and satirical; I don't enjoy Bernaysian social programming in the least but this does smack of it at first glance.

If it is, as you say, meant to be a poke at the ridiculousness of the whole Carbon Emissions debate then I'm all for it.
Just so you know it was posted at Alex Jones' Prison Planet.com {and Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind! - there's a war on for your mind!}

ChrisP:

Quote:
Wow, that school scene was pretty terrible. I don't think thats a good way to get people to join your side, Im sure lots of parents wouldn't like that commercial at all.
The part with the kids is why I found it: David deRothschild and Al Gore have been pushing Rothschild's book in schools which tells kids {in a nutshell} they are bad for the Earth, merely by existing.
I totally disagree with terrorizing and brainwashing children into thinking a certain way, and that's what I saw here.
And you're right - I'm a parent, and I don't like it.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:43 PM   #8
CrispyChicken's Avatar
Extra Chrispy
6,706 posts
CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CrispyChicken has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CrispyChicken

Re: 10/10: Comply or DIE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGrotowski View Post
ChrisP:

The part with the kids is why I found it: David deRothschild and Al Gore have been pushing Rothschild's book in schools which tells kids {in a nutshell} they are bad for the Earth, merely by existing.
I totally disagree with terrorizing and brainwashing children into thinking a certain way, and that's what I saw here.
And you're right - I'm a parent, and I don't like it.
Exactly my point. I am actually very against Al Gore. Dont like the guy, for reasons like this for example. I had to read a book on global warming last year written by Al Gore. I hated it, it was a load of bull. I understand that global warming is true but he over exaggerates sooo much and it ticks me off.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."

Old 10-16-2010, 10:59 PM   #9
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: 10/10: Comply or DIE?

Quote:
I would love to think that it is in fact meant to be humorous and satirical
That's what I keep hearing about it. It very well could be a disguised scare tactic but no one would own up to that at this point.

Quote:
If it is, as you say, meant to be a poke at the ridiculousness of the whole Carbon Emissions debate then I'm all for it.
I only say it because that's what everyone else is saying. Well, it's not mocking it, it's just supposed to be tongue in cheek. You and Alex Jones are the only ones I've heard pushing this other agenda.

Quote:
they are bad for the Earth, merely by existing.
But in truth aren't we bad for the earth in our current state? Not everyone is a wasteful, selfish human but a good majority of us are. We have oceans filled with garbage, waste piling up in landfills or being buried and industries pumping pollution into the skies. I agree they're being a little ham fisted about it but can you really blame them if they truly believe the consequences are so dire? Put yourself in their shoes.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:53 AM   #10
DrunkN's Avatar
 
DrunkN

Re: 10/10: Comply or DIE?

I thought the commercial was funny, but of course more violent than I would wish. I don't think that this foreshadows anything, and I definitely think that the message is "you douchebag" to the people who explode, but I think in a population problem our species is probably going to encounter within the next century or two(at the current rate) this might be a tad less of a stretch. I'm not implying we're going to put detonation charges into anyone who is a total prick about going a little green, but this stuff is going to be taxed.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:59 PM   #11
Demon-Mask's Avatar
 
Demon-Mask

Re: 10/10: Comply or DIE?

The commercial was mildly amusing at first, but also disturbing for the fact that it makes it seem like you will get killed for not being environmentally friendly.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:04 PM   #12
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: 10/10: Comply or DIE?

@Joe's first paragraph, There are two sides to this
Side 1 - mainly scientist saying, humans are causing a drastic change in carbon which will cause climate change.
Side 2 - mainly people with business interests or political agendas saying that is not true.

Which side has more reason to lie?
What does side 1 get out of lying?

@Video, That was, like nearly every other commercial, increadibly stupid. What is their point? You should murder people that drive their car to work? Or that you should be murdered if you drive your car to work?

It was made by the guy that made Blackadder - obviouly not the best choice for spreading political messages - his job is to make people laugh at black comedy - he does that well.

@Joe, If you are trying to compare it to the scare tatics and propaganda of the current terrorism threats then I think you missed. Yes, it is leaning that direction but the others are jumping that direction. I think having an understanding of what Blackadder is should put it in some perspective. Also if their intention was to use scare tactics and propaganda then the only reason they would have pulled the plug on this is if they didn't think it went far enough and were replacing it with something worse.

Quote:
If it is, as you say, meant to be a poke at the ridiculousness of the whole Carbon Emissions debate then I'm all for it.
I thought of that possibility before I read this. I don't think that was their intention, but I do think with a few changes it would be better at spreading that message than the intended one.


Quote:
which tells kids {in a nutshell} they are bad for the Earth, merely by existing.
1. I doubt it is saying exactly that. 2. In a nutshell I wholeheartedly believe that the American Dream (which we exported to nearly every other country) will either die or destroy the Earth.

@Poll. I agree with Drunk Ninja, the intent of the red button is to call wasteful selfish people douches.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:35 PM   #13
RU Joe's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
RU Joe

Re: 10/10: Comply or DIE?

Kong:
Quote:
wasteful selfish people
This is the very heart of the issue - that we are all 'wasteful and selfish' in one way or another by default - but not by choice.
What I mean is that:

Through the introduction of wasteful lifestyles {vehicles that run on petroleum - based products, flush toilets that use potable water, the Edison electricity distribution system, etc.} combined with an even more wasteful and backwards set of industries which support those lifestyles {industry wastes more than the general public would if we all tried our hardest to} 'they' have brought us to a state of affairs where we are being made to feel guilty about the pollutions 'we' 'create', and it is this situation, this guilt, which 'they' are using to try to make us go along with their Carbon Taxation Scam.

By contrast, electric vehicles, eco - friendly compost toilets, and the Tesla electricity distribution system could make incredible changes to the amount of waste and pollution in this World, and 'they' know this, but by keeping 'us' under the control of their wasteful technologies they can:

1. Maintain control through what I've heard called the 'Oil - igarchy', while simultaneously being able to scapegoat the general public, labeling them as the ones being wasteful.
2. Seize control of new, cleaner technologies so as to hold monopolies over them before they even get introduced to the general public.
In one case they bought up a new type of {completely} electric car, smashed them all, and took them out in the middle of a desert to be buried - just so they could force us to go through a 'hybrid' vehicle phase.

The good news is that the fully electric car is coming soon.
The bad news is that the huge deposit of Cadmium in Afghanistan must be conquered before this can take place.

While I'm on the subject of cars, their Ethanol 'Corn - based' fuel {Cornholio gas} is another one of these incremental steps, and for those unaware, the Corn gas is energy deficit - it takes more to produce than what it gives back in Octane.

In conclusion, these are the sorts of things being done with intent to make us feel bad about our 'Carbon Footprint' - the longer they can hold off providing truly 'Green' lifestyles, the longer they can keep us feeling guilty and in that state we'll be more likely to go along with their Tax Scam.

Nevermind their fleets of private jets, their enormous yachts with several helicopter pads each, the mansions they own all around the World -
WE are the guilty ones, the ones destroying the planet, so why should the ruling class have to cut their Carbon Emissions?
Shame on US!!

My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:08 PM   #14
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: 10/10: Comply or DIE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGrotowski View Post
we are all 'wasteful and selfish' in one way or another
No one is perfect but also no one is equal. Driving a hybrid car is not the same as driving a Hummer the same distance. And the guy that drives his bike or takes public transit or carpools is one up on both of them. Striving to be perfect or encouraging others to be perfect is not likely to succeed (that is why most new year resolutions fail). The point of the commercial was to reduce your footprint on Earth by 10% this year. Not to be perfect, just cut what you can, when you can. I can understand you finding fault in the delivery of the message, but the actual message itself is good.




Quote:
Through the introduction of wasteful lifestyles {vehicles that run on petroleum - based products, flush toilets that use potable water
I use neither and I do not miss them.

( Click to show/hide )
Can you imagine walking up to someone 500 years ago, filling a bucket with 8 gallons of fresh water and taken a crap in it. At the very least, you would be banished.





Quote:
'they' have brought us to a state of affairs where we are being made to feel guilty about the pollutions 'we' 'create',
If a drug pusher gets you addicted to heroine and it is ruining your life and the lives of those close to you and your friends and family have an intervention to try to get you to stop, are they wrong to make you feel guilty? Is it all the drug pusher's fault and nothing that can be done about it? Are you helpless to take responsibility and change your own life? Sure, we should get together and beat the crap out of the pusher (and we are not doing that as well as we should), but you should also go to rehab and take care of your own addiction or ask for help.




Do you think the people that want to change our wasteful lifestyles are the same people that want you to be addicted to petroleum? That doesn't make sense. Big oil wants you to believe everything is OK and nothing needs to change.

Why would big industry want you to feel guilty about your carbon foot print? What's in it for them?




( Click to show/hide )
Quote:
While I'm on the subject of cars, their Ethanol 'Corn - based' fuel {Cornholio gas} is another one of these incremental steps, and for those unaware, the Corn gas is energy deficit - it takes more to produce than what it gives back in Octane.
That's why they run on waste veggie oil - essentially trash. Growing corn, in our industrialized way, to make fuel is dumb and only works (barely) because of government corn subsidies. There are some plants that are fuel efficient though, like algae, sugar beets and switchback grass.





Nearly the only thing that American's export anymore is our lifestyle (and subsidized crops). We pump out our movies, music, commercials, brands, franchises etc and tell the rest of the world they will not be happy until they are buying the same things we are buying. As predicted, this is working. The problem with that is if the average Earthling lived like the average American we would need 5 Earths. A rather unlikely feat.

Newsletter Humanity Now Demanding 1.4 Earths - Footprint Network News




[soapbox] I produce net-negative waste (I remove more of other people's waste than I, myself, create - probably an exaggeration if you count electricity), I don't have a car, I do not give money to any large companies with the exception of stuff required for RU, Internet access and electricity. I enjoy all aspects of my life immensely.

I think abandoning the addiction to the American dream will make almost anybody more happy, fulfilled and satisfied. It is not just good for Earth but also good for yourself. And it is possible.

I understand your point that most waste is done by large industries and not individuals, but for those large companies to change you first have to change the individuals that are their employees, share holders, customers, law makers and protesters.

So like the commercial says, try a 10% reduction and see how that feels.[/soapbox]
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:01 PM   #15
RU Joe's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
RU Joe

Re: 10/10: Comply or DIE?

You've made some really good points here, Kong.
Quote:
The point of the commercial was to reduce your footprint on Earth by 10% this year. Not to be perfect, just cut what you can, when you can. I can understand you finding fault in the delivery of the message, but the actual message itself is good.
I suppose that is a good message, as most people are pro - Earth and want to do what they can ... except for the fact that the Carbon aspect of their Global Warming claim is being exaggerated and when people like Lord Monckton provide the scientific proof that it is a hoax, they are threatened with excommunication from the Scientific Community {or at least that their data will neither be allowed nor considered, and that their claims will be discredited - as per Lord Monckton's own words in a recent Prisonplanet interview}

Why do you suppose that the environmental groups never discuss Krypton 85 {a radioactive gas emitted by the so - called 'clean' Nuclear Energy Industry}, Genetically Modified Crops {gene splicing is unstable, and even the creators of GMO's admit they don't know how the genes will mutate over time}, or how about all those satellite launches?
NO ONE will touch these subjects, because the program is to use peoples' genuine concern for the environment, not to be genuinely concerned about the environment itself.

Environmental organizations' members' emotional attachment to the Earth has been hijacked.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuovqFwUtDc]YouTube - Lord Monckton Totally Destroys Global Warming & Greenpeace![/ame]

You are right Kong when you said
Quote:
If a drug pusher gets you addicted to heroine and it is ruining your life and the lives of those close to you and your friends and family have an intervention to try to get you to stop, are they wrong to make you feel guilty? Is it all the drug pusher's fault and nothing that can be done about it? Are you helpless to take responsibility and change your own life? Sure, we should get together and beat the crap out of the pusher (and we are not doing that as well as we should), but you should also go to rehab and take care of your own addiction or ask for help.
and I also agree that
Quote:
Nearly the only thing that American's export anymore is our lifestyle (and subsidized crops). We pump out our movies, music, commercials, brands, franchises etc and tell the rest of the world they will not be happy until they are buying the same things we are buying. As predicted, this is working. The problem with that is if the average Earthling lived like the average American we would need 5 Earths. A rather unlikely feat.
and also
Quote:
I think abandoning the addiction to the American dream will make almost anybody more happy, fulfilled and satisfied. It is not just good for Earth but also good for yourself. And it is possible.
which are very well put.
Yes it is possible.

But the first thing that has to happen is people need to wake up to the whole Bernaysian nightmare and realize what's been {and is being} done in terms of the manipulation of Humanity.
Once people are aware of the Jedi mind tricks being used on us daily they begin to truly awaken .. and once there are enough of us then real, lasting, positive changes can begin to take place, but first ...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kzz1G4Wzjg]YouTube - Lord Monckton: "Greenhouse gasses are harmless"[/ame]
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:06 PM   #16
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: 10/10: Comply or DIE?

I searched for Lord Monckton on Google.

And one of the first results was this
Climate Change Skeptic Lord Monckton Gets a Point-by-Point Debunking UPDATED : TreeHugger

And that page links to this one Abraham presentation

And I looked up his wiki page
Christopher Monckton, 3rd Viscount Monckton of Brenchley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which linked to [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternity_puzzle]Eternity puzzle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] where he admits to lying for PR stunts. Not that lying for his business means he is lying about climate change, but it does mean he is willing to lie in at least some situations and more importantly, he understands how to make PR work for himself.

I personally have a problem immediately trusting unorthodox opinions from people that refer to themself as Lord. I just have a bias, justified or not, that says royalty must be a bit off to begin with.

I also have a problem trusting people presenting scientific facts that they can not get peer reviewed. The scientific peer review process is very wonderful, and when I have to take someone else's word because I can not do the research myself, I choose to trust peer reviewed scientist over people on the outside of that processes.

With all of the money that big oil spent to break the peer review process, they still lost. They may win in the non-scientific, political/media arena, but money and power was not enough for them to win in the scientific review process. Like I said, a wonderful process.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:08 PM   #17
RU Joe's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
RU Joe

Re: 10/10: Comply or DIE?

This information comes directly from government and corporate documents, please watch this clip from 1:59:20 where they talk about the phony environmental groups, and watch how David deRothschild lies during an interview!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-CrNlilZho]YouTube - EndGame HQ full length version[/ame]

Our 5th year of Global Cooling: Coldest since 1996
Our Fifth Year of Global Cooling: Coldest Since 1996 But Now You Know

False Alarm: Why almost everything we've been told about Global Warming is misleading, exaggerated, or plain wrong
FALSE ALARM: Why Almost Everything We’ve Been Told About Global Warming is Misleading, Exaggerated, or Plain Wrong NOAA’s magic wand waves away 2000-2009 cooling

Debunking David deRothschild and the Global Warming Hoax
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGnp41SSKgo]YouTube - Debunking David De Rothschild And The Global Warming Hoax[/ame]
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 AM.

» vBadvanced CMPS