| Open Contests Current running contests. Look here to sign up. |
|
02-08-2012, 03:08 PM
|
#126
|
|
|
Re: 2009 High Score Assassination Contest
Ok, sorry. I assumed you wanted us to wait until the score was verified before I posted. I'm assuming after reading this, you want a post as soon as the score is beaten and to not wait for verification. I will do so in the future.
Hopefully you'll still take this one as I didn't understand until now.
41 pts
Fun Car Rally 2: Combat Cars - Old High Score 86,700. Set on 06-05-2009 by Kevin
I beat the score last night, 2/7 but waited until today to post so that it was verified. In the future, I will post as soon as I beat the score.
|
|
|
02-08-2012, 03:21 PM
|
#127
|
|
|
Re: 2009 High Score Assassination Contest
I verify the videos if they are not yet verified, so yes. Please post here as soon as you beat a game. Thanks.
|
My Signature |
|
02-09-2012, 12:36 AM
|
#128
|
|
|
Re: 2009 High Score Assassination Contest
I had to redo this one so I'm posting right after I hit the submit button.
41 pts
Fun Car Rally 2: Combat Cars - Old High Score 86,700. Set on 06-05-2009 by Kevin
New high score 182,200
---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------
Looks like that one got lost as well. I did another one so hopefully third times a charm. Got 182,400 this time.
|
|
|
02-09-2012, 01:07 AM
|
#129
|
|
|
Re: 2009 High Score Assassination Contest
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper
hopefully third times a charm.
|
Success.
|
My Signature |
|
04-26-2012, 09:07 AM
|
#130
|
|
|
Re: 2009 High Score Assassination Contest
Hey guys! Just beat Wolfenstein 3D
Wolfenstein 3D - Old High Score 424,550. Set on 09-27-2009 by Cam3ron36
Worth 32 points
Took 3 hours and didnt even finish the game (got tired!) Fun though
Cheers!
|
My Signature |
|
04-26-2012, 10:16 PM
|
#131
|
|
|
Re: 2009 High Score Assassination Contest
Good job Barra. I tried that a few times but I also got tired. It's a good game but the console port is kinda sluggish and annoying. I didn't feel like playing it for a few hours straight.
|
My Signature |
|
04-27-2012, 01:00 AM
|
#132
|
|
|
Re: 2009 High Score Assassination Contest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Good job Barra. I tried that a few times but I also got tired. It's a good game but the console port is kinda sluggish and annoying. I didn't feel like playing it for a few hours straight.
|
Yeah sure is a bit sluggish, quite hard with the keyboard as well. Might have another go soon, need to learn a few levels first though to get all secrets etc so it doesnt take 5 hours!
|
My Signature |
|
04-27-2012, 01:06 AM
|
#133
|
|
|
Re: 2009 High Score Assassination Contest
Yeah that's the other thing, the secrets. I remember a bunch of them from when I played this as a kid but I didn't remember them all. Didn't feel like looking them up either. I'm not sure but I think if you get 100% each level it makes a big difference in score. It certainly makes the game easier.
|
My Signature |
|
04-27-2012, 01:42 AM
|
#134
|
|
|
Re: 2009 High Score Assassination Contest
Dynamite Bomber - Old High Score 60,608. Set on 10-25-2009 by Tails 29
|
|
|
04-27-2012, 05:21 AM
|
#135
|
|
|
Re: 2009 High Score Assassination Contest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Yeah that's the other thing, the secrets. I remember a bunch of them from when I played this as a kid but I didn't remember them all. Didn't feel like looking them up either. I'm not sure but I think if you get 100% each level it makes a big difference in score. It certainly makes the game easier.
|
Yeah you get 10k bonus each for 100% secrets, treasure and enemies. Turns 5k per level into 35k and as you said, makes the game much easier.
I know approx half of the levels by heart, takes a while to learn them though.
|
My Signature |
|
04-27-2012, 10:33 AM
|
#136
|
|
|
Re: 2009 High Score Assassination Contest
Tails' Sky Patrol - Old High Score 51,700. Set on 09-28-2009 by megaman 32
|
|
|
04-27-2012, 10:43 AM
|
#137
|
|
|
Re: 2009 High Score Assassination Contest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra
|
God, that was painful to watch. Approved, good job.
---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails
|
Approved
|
My Signature |
|
04-30-2012, 07:34 PM
|
#138
|
|
|
Re: 2009 High Score Assassination Contest
Quote:
Originally Posted by jozman3000
God, that was painful to watch. Approved, good job.
|
Sorry about that! Will make sure the next one is a bit better  Thanks for the speedy verification!
Cheers
---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------
Video Trivia
Old High Score 877,700. Set on 11-17-2009 by Kong
Worth 25 points.
Cheers!
---------- Post added 05-01-2012 at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was 04-28-2012 at 01:48 PM ----------
Bump? 
|
My Signature |
|
04-30-2012, 08:03 PM
|
#139
|
|
|
Re: 2009 High Score Assassination Contest
I'll do updates tomorrow
|
My Signature |
|
05-06-2012, 04:29 AM
|
#140
|
|
|
Re: 2009 High Score Assassination Contest
Marble Madness
Old High Score 63,940. Set on 04-22-2009 by SonicVinny
Worth 45 points
Not sure if my last post has been updated yet (Video Trivia)
Cheers!!
|
My Signature |
|
05-18-2012, 12:42 AM
|
#141
|
|
|
Re: 2009 High Score Assassination Contest
Faceball 2000 - Old High Score 5,190. Set on 11-15-2009 by jozman3000
28 pts
|
|
|
06-23-2012, 03:55 PM
|
#145
|
|
|
Re: 2007 High Score Assassins Contest
Got any tips for the second boss on X-Men? I can get there without losing any lives, but he just destroys me, even if I throw all my specials at him each life.
|
|
|
06-23-2012, 06:49 PM
|
#146
|
|
|
Re: 2007 High Score Assassins Contest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk
Got any tips for the second boss on X-Men? I can get there without losing any lives, but he just destroys me, even if I throw all my specials at him each life.
|
Yup, if you can knock him down so he is sitting, hit him 5 times then let him get up. The next hit will knock him down sitting again for another 5 hits. Lather, Rinse, Repeat..
Hope that helps.
|
|
|
07-03-2012, 12:45 AM
|
#150
|
|
|
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.
|