Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Introduce Yourself Talk about yourself and welcome others.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Introduce Yourself

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2007, 02:13 PM   #1
ZedIsDead's Avatar
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
ZedIsDead

ninjatiamat's intro

Hi, I'm ninjatiamat. I am a veteran of the evg and nintendonerds forums. Some of you might even know me. I'm 19 years old and live in Washington state. I decided to join retrouprising after seeing numerous references to it on other forums, and I have even redirected people here. Sooner or later, I knew I had to join, but I waited until I was sure I could spread myself over three forums. For the most part, I prefer RPGs, puzzle games and strategy games due to my fairly slow reflexes. However, I do enjoy most genres of video games. The greatest game ever made, in my opinion, is Ogre Battle 64. Unfortunately, it is a niche game, and very few people have played it.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!


Old 12-07-2007, 03:48 PM   #2
sabby's Avatar
 
sabby

Re: ninjatiamat's intro

Welcome to RU, Ninjatiamat. I am also an EVG defector (well, I rarely go back because I devote my free time to this site). There is a huge selection of games here as well as some lively forums. Enjoy!
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:21 PM   #3
TNTisKING's Avatar
Regular Poster
451 posts
TNTisKING is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
TNTisKING

Re: ninjatiamat's intro

Welcome ninjatiamat! I love the Mr. Sparkle avatar
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:32 PM   #4
ZedIsDead's Avatar
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
ZedIsDead

Re: ninjatiamat's intro

I know. It's hard to put into words the sheer awesomeness of Mr. Sparkle. Best Simpsons episode ever.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!


Old 12-12-2007, 08:49 PM   #5
legory's Avatar
New Poster
2 posts
legory is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
legory

Re: ninjatiamat's intro

hey ninjatiamat! ;D
me legory from EVG, NintendoNerds, and many more I have been here for year or 2 but dont post much
;D :P :-*
super smily!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:28 PM   #6
ZedIsDead's Avatar
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
ZedIsDead

Re: ninjatiamat's intro

Hey, there's someone I know from every forum I'm in! ;D I can tell you don't post much, legory, I have twice the posts that you have, and I've only been here a few days. Of course, 10 posts isn't too much to be proud of.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!


Old 12-13-2007, 12:56 AM   #7
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: ninjatiamat's intro

Welcome NinjaTiamat nice to meet you.

Quote:
The greatest game ever made, in my opinion, is Ogre Battle 64. Unfortunately, it is a niche game, and very few people have played it.
I'm gonna have to disagree with you here. Maybe you didn't get to play the first Ogre Battle but I think it's far better then the 64 one. Although I'm probably bias since I played the 64 one hoping to play a sequel and it was so ... odd. Did you ever try Tactics Ogre? It's awesome if you're a fan of the games.
See you around.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:01 PM   #8
ZedIsDead's Avatar
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
ZedIsDead

Re: ninjatiamat's intro

I have never played the first Ogre Battle game. I've tried to buy it, but $50-60 bucks is a bit too much to be spending on a Super NES/PS1 game.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!


Old 12-13-2007, 09:32 PM   #9
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: ninjatiamat's intro

Quote:
I have never played the first Ogre Battle game. I've tried to buy it, but $50-60 bucks is a bit too much to be spending on a Super NES/PS1 game.
Yeah it's limited and in demand, because of it's awesomeness. I don't know how the Admins here feel about it but I recommend downloading an emulator for Snes and getting the game too, it's worth it.

So does this mean you've played Tactics Ogre? If so did you like it?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:22 PM   #10
ZedIsDead's Avatar
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
ZedIsDead

Re: ninjatiamat's intro

You know, I've never played those games. I've heard of them, but I'm not sure exactly what they are. I imagine it's probably a grid based tactics game. I'm on the lookout for those as well, because its seems they actually still make those games. I'm also going to take your advice about Ogre Battle.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!


Old 12-14-2007, 06:25 AM   #11
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: ninjatiamat's intro

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tactics_Ogre
I actually own Ogre Battle and Tactics Ogre, Both are great games and worth playing. If you ever played Final Fantasy Tactics then you'll be familiar with the way Tactics Ogre plays.
Although in my opinion T.O. is a better game overall, Difficult to master but very fun once you do. That's very high praise from me since I love FFT. The problem with FFT was how easy it was to kill all the main story battles once you got higher in levels. TO made this impossible since the enemies stay near your level and they usually are 2-3 higher than your highest person.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 09:06 AM   #12
sabby's Avatar
 
sabby

Re: ninjatiamat's intro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
I don't know how the Admins here feel about it but I recommend downloading an emulator for Snes and getting the game too, it's worth it.
There isn't an online emulator for the SNES right now. If there were, we would more than likely have SNES on the site.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:03 PM   #13
ZedIsDead's Avatar
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
ZedIsDead

Re: ninjatiamat's intro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
I don't know how the Admins here feel about it but I recommend downloading an emulator for Snes and getting the game too, it's worth it.
There isn't an online emulator for the SNES right now. If there were, we would more than likely have SNES on the site.
I believe Dudebro was referring to the illegal emulators. From what I've seen of Tactics Ogre, it looks absolutely outstanding.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!


Old 12-15-2007, 02:51 AM   #14
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: ninjatiamat's intro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatiamat
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
I don't know how the Admins here feel about it but I recommend downloading an emulator for Snes and getting the game too, it's worth it.
There isn't an online emulator for the SNES right now. If there were, we would more than likely have SNES on the site.
I believe Dudebro was referring to the illegal emulators. From what I've seen of Tactics Ogre, it looks absolutely outstanding.
Yeah I was refering to illegal emulators, that's why I said I was unsure how the admins feel about discussing it here. I downloaded one months ago and I didn't have any issues with it. I don't need one anymore though so I got rid of it. I can tell you the name of the site I used if you want but I don't wanna post it on here just in case.
It'd be good to hear what the admins think of this for future refrence, I don't remember reading the rules about it.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:55 AM   #15
Squall's Avatar
Regular Poster
903 posts
Squall deserves a fan clubSquall deserves a fan clubSquall deserves a fan clubSquall deserves a fan clubSquall deserves a fan clubSquall deserves a fan club
View Stats
 
Squall

Re: ninjatiamat's intro

i think the attitude Kong took was that it was up to you, but no requests for where to download them publicly on these forums...
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:13 PM   #16
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: ninjatiamat's intro

Emulators are not illegal. Roms are nearly always illegal unless they have been released into the public domain like Snake and Jewels. Mos ROM sites make up rules like if you delete the game with in 24 hours or if you own the original game then it is legal. Those are lies and/or urban legends. However, as far as I know, no one has ever gotten in trouble for downloading ROMs.

Do not post links to ROMs here. You can find them by searching Google.

Welcome to RU, NinjaMat.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:08 PM   #17
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: ninjatiamat's intro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong
Emulators are not illegal. Roms are nearly always illegal unless they have been released into the public domain like Snake and Jewels. Mos ROM sites make up rules like if you delete the game with in 24 hours or if you own the original game then it is legal. Those are lies and/or urban legends. However, as far as I know, no one has ever gotten in trouble for downloading ROMs.

Do not post links to ROMs here. You can find them by searching Google.

Welcome to RU, NinjaMat.
Thanks for clearing that up Kong. I didn't know about the urban legend thing, I thought it was ok to own a ROM if you own the original. I mean that only makes sense since you do own it. But I've also never heard of anyone getting in trouble for having them either(really why would the Law waste it's time/money on old games from companies that mostly don't exsist anymore anyways?). I'm sending you a PM Ninjatiamat, if you don't want it just delete it, I won't be offended
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:48 PM   #18
nesplayer2299's Avatar
Regular Poster
163 posts
nesplayer2299 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
nesplayer2299

Re: ninjatiamat's intro

Welcome to Retrouprising and have fun playing around with the games here.

Well, merry gaming.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
I love the Powerglove...It's so Bad!<br /><br />
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ninjatiamat x2? Tails Chat 4 01-04-2009 06:53 PM
This goes out to Ninjatiamat Headlear Introduce Yourself 1 02-20-2008 01:34 PM
Re-intro wanman Introduce Yourself 17 11-20-2007 10:50 AM
Re-Intro jeckel22 Introduce Yourself 19 08-02-2007 04:14 AM
Intro BigChunk76 Introduce Yourself 3 03-01-2007 12:19 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.

» vBadvanced CMPS