Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 09:28 PM   #1
Timber Wolf's Avatar
Regular Poster
757 posts
Timber Wolf is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via Yahoo to Timber Wolf
 
Timber Wolf

Social Akwardness

Hey, lol looks like I'm asking for help from someone......again
I have an issue but I've got no clue on who to ask
I know a girl I really like and we're friends, not close friends but friends none the less, and I'd like to ask her out.
Only problem is she's WAY out of my league, and as realistic as I am, I know I'm not exactly a sight for sore eyes, I'm a bit nerdy, I have a somewhat over-powering personality(unintentional) at times, and the list continues.
And suggestions to help? I know this isn't the smartest place to ask this question, but no where else to turn that I can afford to look like a supreme dumb-ass
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
"...The people living there know thirst, hunger, disease, they suffer all these things and in the end, they grow old and die. But for one brief moment they shine as bright as the sun, because they know these hardships, they also know the meaning of happiness..."
Old 08-27-2008, 09:34 PM   #2
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Social Akwardness

Get on Yahoo, I can talk to you about it on there.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


Old 08-27-2008, 09:45 PM   #3
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Social Akwardness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Wolf
Only problem is she's WAY out of my league
That's a problem right there. If you think someones better than you then you're defeating yourself. If she thinks shes better than you then she's not worth it.

Only advice I can give is to make her laugh. That and treat her well. But don't go overboard, trying to hard is a turn off(usually).
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:41 PM   #4
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Social Akwardness

Show confidence. Girls like a guy who's in control.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2008, 11:26 PM   #5
marxxx's Avatar
Regular Poster
175 posts
marxxx has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
marxxx

Re: Social Akwardness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
Show confidence. Girls like a guy who's in control.
i was gonna say the same thing. attitude and confidence; any girl who doesnt have a serious mental illness finds those qualities in a guy attractive.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
You Dont Stop Playing Games Because You Get Old, You Get Old Because You Stop playing Games. Well Known Fact.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:28 PM   #6
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Social Akwardness

Well, you gotta balance it. If you appear over confident then some girls will be turned off by it. You don't need to be confident to win a girl over but it helps. Like everything else, gotta use moderation.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:37 PM   #7
marxxx's Avatar
Regular Poster
175 posts
marxxx has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
marxxx

Re: Social Akwardness

right.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
You Dont Stop Playing Games Because You Get Old, You Get Old Because You Stop playing Games. Well Known Fact.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:40 PM   #8
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Social Akwardness

I should also say that women have a way of letting a guy know that they like them. They're not as difficult to figure out as they would like you to think.

If you're not sure if she likes you, she doesn't. If she likes you, she'll let you know it, promise.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2008, 11:44 PM   #9
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Social Akwardness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
I should also say that women have a way of letting a guy know that they like them. They're not as difficult to figure out as they would like you to think.

If you're not sure if she likes you, she doesn't. If she likes you, she'll let you know it, promise.
Then that girl at work really liked me then....
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


Old 08-27-2008, 11:50 PM   #10
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Social Akwardness

Worst case scenario a girl rejects you during high school. Or middle school. I don't know how old you are.

I know that sounds scary and you probably think it matters. But it doesn't. Once you turn 19 all of the embarrassing stuff that happened to you in school is erased.

Be yourself. Don't try being some fake person you think she wants you to be.

The practice in asking a girl out will be more valuable than her actually saying yes. It will make it easier to ask the next girl out.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:15 AM   #11
tanc24's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,215 posts
tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
 
tanc24

Re: Social Akwardness

For starters, I would educate yourself with the mack knowledge of the rapper Too Short.The man will teach you everything you need to know about "GAME".

Seriously though, just be yourself. I've read enough of your posts to see that you are a pretty cool guy with a good sense of humor. Plus, you play guitar. Chicks dig guitar players.

I'm going to give you one piece of advice that my Dad gave me: "Son, no girl is out of your league. They sh*t and fart just like we do."
Those were wise words from Papa Tanc.

Be yourself, find out what her interests are (music, shopping, whatever), get her in a one on one environment (away from her friends), and ask her out. You might just surprise yourself...

My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!
Old 08-28-2008, 01:54 AM   #12
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Social Akwardness

You could just tell her you know me, chicks love me.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:02 AM   #13
Timber Wolf's Avatar
Regular Poster
757 posts
Timber Wolf is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via Yahoo to Timber Wolf
 
Timber Wolf

Re: Social Akwardness

lol, right Dudebro, I'll be sure thats on the top things I say to women :P
thanks for the help so far, I'm confident in a lot of things, but people is not one of them
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
"...The people living there know thirst, hunger, disease, they suffer all these things and in the end, they grow old and die. But for one brief moment they shine as bright as the sun, because they know these hardships, they also know the meaning of happiness..."
Old 08-28-2008, 09:32 AM   #14
TrakMastaTom's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom
 
TrakMastaTom

Re: Social Akwardness

The title of this thread is awesome.

And I completely disagree with the statement "If she likes you, you will know." That's not how it works in my experience at all.

But I have no real advice for you, because I think high school relationships are way silly and pointless.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:29 PM   #15
Billy Hoyle's Avatar
 
Billy Hoyle

Re: Social Akwardness

Play hard to get.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:29 PM   #16
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Social Akwardness

Sorry, I'll change that statement then.

If she likes you, you'll know, unless you're Tommy.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2008, 09:20 PM   #17
david man45's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,660 posts
david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
 
david man45

Re: Social Akwardness

Share some stories, hang out. Make it look casuall like asking her to see a movie with her that just came out and you really like it.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:20 PM   #18
V ideoY3K's Avatar
Regular Poster
398 posts
V ideoY3K has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
V ideoY3K

Re: Social Akwardness

The only time I ever had a girlfriend, it was over the internet. She IMed me one day while I was in a chat room & asked me if I would RP with her. I never done RP before, but I always thought about giving it a try. On that one day, I decided to do so. It's about a detective meeting with a guy from the mafia, only none of them knew who the other one REALLY was. It became a RP love story, and the detective (played by the girl) was truely impressed by how well the mafia man... eh,boss (played by me) treated her. And the two feel in love.

The next day, I got back online & went back to that chat room. I was IMed by that same girl, & though our chat, I learned she had feelings for me too. The flake that I was (and still am), I didn't know what was going on, but we continued our RP that night. On the third day, I grew to realise I had feeling for the girl. I guess it was easier being a romantic when you're only with her on the net.

In 2 weeks time, I've grown to believe that as much as she loved me, she only loved me for the RP we were doing together.
Then it got to where she won't talk to me anymore, & I decided at that point to end our relationship. When I told her, she finally spoke to me & told me every single thing that was wrong with her, & I was like, "What have I done?". Afterward, we never spoke to each other again.

Maybe I wasn't being patient. Who know what it was really? She was my first love, & I didn't know how to handle this love-relation thing.
And I was stuck sitting in my chair wondering why.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
&quot;Witness the true art of war... or something to that effect&quot;.<br />- Shingen Takeda<br />&nbsp; Samurai Warriors
Old 08-30-2008, 09:37 AM   #19
TrakMastaTom's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom
 
TrakMastaTom

Re: Social Akwardness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
Sorry, I'll change that statement then.

If she likes you, you'll know, unless you're Tommy.
I like my women bitchy and emotionless. ;D
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:56 AM   #20
sezthemank's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,584 posts
sezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their headsezthemank has a faint yellow circle forming above their head
View Stats
Send a message via Yahoo to sezthemank
 
sezthemank

Re: Social Akwardness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Wolf
Hey, lol looks like I'm asking for help from someone......again
I have an issue but I've got no clue on who to ask
I know a girl I really like and we're friends, not close friends but friends none the less, and I'd like to ask her out.
Only problem is she's WAY out of my league, and as realistic as I am, I know I'm not exactly a sight for sore eyes, I'm a bit nerdy, I have a somewhat over-powering personality(unintentional) at times, and the list continues.
And suggestions to help? I know this isn't the smartest place to ask this question, but no where else to turn that I can afford to look like a supreme dumb-ass
why dont you ask her out as a friend first
have you ever been out with her?

also you can jokily ask her out
i know loads of fellas that done that and got a date
there are loads of ways to do it
for ex -

fella -
well i was gonna go such a place, have you ever been there
girl-
no but ive hurd of it
fella-
well id ask you on a date but you....
girl-
hey id love to
fella -
oh i thought you would say no hehehe
girl -
nah id love to
bla bla bla

thats a bit of a rubbish example - but you catch me drift
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Ok My Sig might not be as epic ,
But my dawggg Is
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 PM.

» vBadvanced CMPS