02-15-2017, 04:38 PM
|
#26
|
|
|
Re: Going away
Sounds like you could get your record cleared Jason. Your doctor should be able to back you up without a problem.
@Kong- I sent you two books but I forgot to put my name anywhere inside the package so you know it's from me. I assume they don't let you rip open the letter yourself, right?
|
My Signature |
|
02-15-2017, 09:14 PM
|
#27
|
|
|
Re: Going away
the felony and charge will remain, but they did grant me the option to restore my rights, In which I will be able to conceal and carry and vote.
|
My Signature |
|
http://www.pbh2.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/funny-gif-wrestling.gif
02-16-2017, 10:25 AM
|
#28
|
|
|
Re: Going away
I still think you could get that off your record. It would take a long time and you'd have to pay a bunch to some dickhead lawyer but if you're not guilty you're not guilty.
|
My Signature |
|
02-16-2017, 05:06 PM
|
#29
|
|
|
Re: Going away
Unfortunately, this is not a case of a simple misunderstanding. What JLD did was illegal, full stop. It's a retarded law under most circumstances, including his, but it's the law none the less. Trying to fight it would be futile and a waste of time and money.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
02-16-2017, 09:09 PM
|
#30
|
|
|
Re: Going away
It's illegal to carry around prescribed medicine?
|
My Signature |
|
02-16-2017, 09:19 PM
|
#31
|
|
|
Re: Going away
Without the bottle it came in, yes.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
02-17-2017, 08:51 AM
|
#32
|
|
|
Re: Going away
I guess it's another stupid law from the pointless war on drugs.
|
My Signature |
|
02-17-2017, 04:19 PM
|
#33
|
|
|
Re: Going away
So I'm breaking the law everyday I go to work, because I put my day's pills in a ziploc bag?
|
|
|
02-17-2017, 07:35 PM
|
#34
|
|
|
Re: Going away
Quote:
Originally Posted by krehztim
So I'm breaking the law everyday I go to work, because I put my day's pills in a ziploc bag?
|
Depends on the class of the pill. If it's a controlled substance, then yes. All depends on the class of the medication, something like heart medication or something is fine.
Everything I'm saying here is based on my brief 5 minute research session, I'd advise you look into it yourself to be certain.
Last edited by Slime Slayer; 02-17-2017 at 07:38 PM..
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
03-07-2017, 08:35 PM
|
#35
|
|
|
Re: Going away
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong
Then be back around march 3 or march 5.
|
It looks like Kong was online today but he didn't post to let us know he's ok. Maybe the police confiscated his PC and they're taking over RU?! 
|
My Signature |
|
03-07-2017, 09:06 PM
|
#36
|
|
|
Re: Going away
We exchanged PMs Sunday, I think it was. He's out, he's home, he says he's OK, and he's lurking here and there.
|
|
|
03-07-2017, 11:15 PM
|
#37
|
|
|
Re: Going away
Must be waiting for his anus to tighten up a bit. Hurry up and post Kong, we need to hear the stories.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
03-08-2017, 08:43 AM
|
#38
|
|
|
Re: Going away
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13
Must be waiting for his anus to tighten up a bit.
|
So he's too busy doing his kegel exercises?
|
My Signature |
|
03-08-2017, 12:19 PM
|
#39
|
|
|
Re: Going away
Back! Now I hate the government even more. Not a single thing they do makes sense or shows any form of empathy.
I got extremely sick for 2 weeks - I think because of lack of nutrition and massive amounts of mold and dust. I got some sort of lung infection - I think it was an infection because I wasn't contagious. Fever with fever dreams and hallucinations for 5 days, coughing blood for 2 weeks, didn't crap for 8 days straight - which starts to feel the same as food poison - there was blood in my poop and my pee was rust color from swallowing so much blood from my lungs. Still recovering from that. Now I just feel exhausted but not sick.
Besides that, nothing too bad happened. Just overall pointless dumb bureaucracy. The jail was built in the 60's and hadn't been updated since then and didn't seem like it had been cleaned once either. The toilet literally would shoot water 3 feet in the air randomly once every couples hours, sitting on it was a gamble. We would have to clean toilet water off the floor, sink and table with just toilet paper. If we told the guards they would say, with pride, that the toilet is from the 60s and that it's amazing that it still works at all and it would not be fixed. There was 8 guys in the room, sharing that one toilet, in one month alone those 8 guys fines totaled hundreds of thousands of dollars. They're making so much money off of BS crimes but expect us to clean toilet water off the table we eat on with just TP.
Whole bunch of other stupid crap like, sleep on yoga mats with no pillow and a blanket that is more hole than blanket. The shower worked so poorly that it was pointless to even try using it and the shower drain smelled like raw sewage.
The food was absolutely pathetic. If they had feed it to a dog, PETA would be outside protesting until they were shut down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Sounds like you could get your record cleared Jason.
|
Some states have paperwork you can fill out to either get the record suppressed (hidden from public) or pardoned (erased). You have to wait a certain amount of time before you can file it.
There are also companies that claim to be able to hide your record from employers for a fee (about $200). I don't know if they are a scam or not.
Quote:
|
@Kong- I sent you two books but I forgot to put my name anywhere inside the package so you know it's from me. I assume they don't let you rip open the letter yourself, right?
|
They throw away the envelopes so you often don't know return addresses or who sent what. I received 2 books, crossword puzzles and logic puzzles. Was that you? They helped pass a lot of time. First time I ever did a crossword puzzle. The answers were ripped out of the back of the books. Did you do that or the guards?
Just before I went in they said I couldn't have any books or games sent in. Which was sort of a lie. It is up to the individual guard reading your mail to decide. The rule is you can have them but half the guards are such dicks that they think it is wrong for you to have books and games so they throw them away or steal them. So some stuff would come in and some stuff would not. I brought Boss Monster with me which they didn't allow but then someone mailed me Exploding Kittens which they did allow. You are supposed to leave all books and games there but I sneaked Exploding Kittens out in my underwear. I brought a bunch of books which they didn't allow in, but they allowed the puzzle books in, after ripping out the answers.
I had a goal of coming up with one new app idea every day. I was on track until I got sick. I have about 25. Most would fall into the category of quick easy click bait ideas. Nothing to be too proud of but worth doing.
Anyways, good to be back and done with all that.
|
My Signature |
|
03-08-2017, 12:30 PM
|
#40
|
|
|
Re: Going away
The government is a joke. Can't believe you got treated like that and your "crime" was "possession" of marijuana.
I'm glad you are back though and safe at least. Welcome home!
---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Kong
You are supposed to leave all books and games there but I sneaked Exploding Kittens out in my underwear
|
10/10 sentence by the way
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
03-08-2017, 06:18 PM
|
#41
|
|
|
Re: Going away
Crazy... sounds like an absolute nightmare. I get that it's not supposed to be fun, but cmon.. ripping out the answer pages from the crossword book? It's such a little thing but it says a lot about the mentality of those guards.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
03-08-2017, 06:53 PM
|
#42
|
|
|
Re: Going away
Quote:
|
I received 2 books, crossword puzzles and logic puzzles. Was that you?
|
Yeah, I had my wife pick them out since she's into those kind of things.
Quote:
|
The answers were ripped out of the back of the books. Did you do that or the guards?
|
Nah we didn't do that. My wife was blown away when I told her. Sounds like the guards are wanna be tough guys that are restrained by the law. I imagine that kind of jail was a literal hell a few decades ago.
Quote:
|
Most would fall into the category of quick easy click bait ideas.
|
Click bait is annoying but it's very effective.
|
My Signature |
|
03-08-2017, 07:12 PM
|
#43
|
|
|
Re: Going away
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong
Back! Now I hate the government even more. Not a single thing they do makes sense or shows any form of empathy.
They throw away the envelopes so you often don't know return addresses or who sent what. I received 2 books, crossword puzzles and logic puzzles. Was that you? They helped pass a lot of time. First time I ever did a crossword puzzle. The answers were ripped out of the back of the books. Did you do that or the guards?
|
What a nightmare, damn. I sent a letter, and then about a week later I sent the game Pandemic. I figured someone else would send puzzle books. The only thing you missed here at RU were the dozens of submissions for Yolympics, mostly Berzerk, Hang-On, and Commando. I'm going to post a thread regarding off-site tourneys, because I had a question/idea or two. Other than that, glad you're back and in one piece. My nephew got sentenced to 2 years in medium security prison in Alabama a few years ago for meth manufacturing and distribution. It sounded a lot like the S-Hole you were stuck in. After just over a year, he'd been complaining about pneumonia symptoms for months. They finally took him to the hospital, he was diagnosed with lung cancer, and he was dead within 48 hours. Once you're inside, they don't give a shit about you. I know it's supposed to be punishment/rehab, but there's no excuse for treating people like shit and just letting them rot. Here's to hoping you never go back.
Now get to work!
|
|
|
03-11-2017, 10:11 AM
|
#44
|
|
|
Re: Going away
Quote:
Originally Posted by krehztim
I sent the game Pandemic.
|
Aw man, that would have been awesome. I've been wanting to play it. Thanks but I never saw it. A guard must have stolen it. I did get a letter though, thanks for it.
Sorry about your nephew.
Quote:
|
I know it's supposed to be punishment/rehab
|
I don't think it is. I don't think they care about punishing, especially for drugs, and it's certainly nothing even remotely close to rehabilitation - closer to the exact opposite of rehabilitation. It is profit. That is the entire point. Money and Power. The only way to increase profit is to increase the number of people entering the system, decrease the number of people exiting the system, decrease the money spent on each prisoner while raising taxes spent on the entire system. Retribution, rehabilitation, morals and sense do not enter into it.
|
My Signature |
|
06-11-2017, 12:23 PM
|
#45
|
|
|
Re: Going away
Man I'm so sorry Daniel! That seems terrible. Honestly if I knew this sooner I would've seen if the van galder bus would go there and I'd pay you a visit or something. Where are you now?
|
My Signature |
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.
|