|
Re: 12-25-14
I have not been able to work on the site at all in the past month.
I am starting back up today.
I wanted to switch from MAME/MESS to LibRetro as the main emulator but I have ran into some coding problems I can't fix and I have to abandon the idea. If it had worked it would have meant adding score mode to the full mode emulators meaning more (both in quantity and quality) score enabled systems, a rewind button, great uniform netplay in all systems, and uniform support across all devices (mac, linux, android, iphone, windows, xbox, wii, raspberry, etc). By uniform I mean one emulator with one set of instructions that only has to be coded once to play all systems on all platforms. That idea is too complicated for my C++ skills.
I had said earlier that systems like n64, 32X and amiga would be getting a score mode. This means that is no longer happening. Most other features will still come, just in a technically different way.
|