| Closed Contests Completed/Closed/Finished/Game Over/Archive of Expired Contests |
|
05-06-2014, 06:03 PM
|
#276
|
|
|
Re: 2014 Retro Uprising Gaming Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra
A 2.2mil Monster Slider score has been submitted to MARP by "TK2012"
Different strategy used to what we have been doing, however.
|
Is he some sort of super man or something?
@jason i wouldn't waste my time with a puzzle game. If his small world is to "show me up" on Marp; A site i hardly ever frequent. Good for him. My world is much bigger than that.
|
|
|
05-08-2014, 06:41 PM
|
#277
|
|
|
Re: 2014 Retro Uprising Gaming Champ
Its all locked up between TodayIsForgotten and maxh at 2277 a piece!

|
My Signature |
|
05-08-2014, 06:44 PM
|
#278
|
|
|
Re: 2014 Retro Uprising Gaming Champ
Just the way max and i wanted it and so it will stay. <3 <3 <3 big guy.
|
|
|
05-08-2014, 08:30 PM
|
#279
|
|
|
Re: 2014 Retro Uprising Gaming Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by todayisforgotten
just the way max and i wanted it and so it will stay. <3 <3 <3 big guy.
|
<3 <3 <3
---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra
A 2.2mil Monster Slider score has been submitted to MARP by "TK2012"
Different strategy used to what we have been doing, however.
|
Was this just a teaser or have you viewed this different strategy? If so, what was the different strategy used?
|
|
|
05-08-2014, 08:51 PM
|
#280
|
|
|
Re: 2014 Retro Uprising Gaming Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxh
<3 <3 <3
---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------
Was this just a teaser or have you viewed this different strategy? If so, what was the different strategy used?
|
I would assume combo's. I did a 12x combo and i got about 400k for it.
|
|
|
05-09-2014, 11:13 AM
|
#281
|
|
|
Re: 2014 Retro Uprising Gaming Champ
He put the pieces on the left instead of straight down, and then tilted to the right so it created big combos.
---------- Post added at 04:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------
Do I smell a new leader?
|
My Signature |
|
05-09-2014, 04:08 PM
|
#282
|
|
|
Re: 2014 Retro Uprising Gaming Champ
|
|
|
05-09-2014, 05:35 PM
|
#283
|
|
|
Re: 2014 Retro Uprising Gaming Champ
Maxs' favorite position is top. Mine coincidentally, is bottom.
|
|
|
07-07-2014, 06:45 PM
|
#284
|
|
|
Re: 2014 Retro Uprising Gaming Champ
Anything special I need to do to get in on this action other than submit scores?
|
|
|
07-07-2014, 11:32 PM
|
#285
|
|
|
Re: 2014 Retro Uprising Gaming Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonAtreides
Anything special I need to do to get in on this action other than submit scores?
|
Nothing Don just submit away!

|
My Signature |
|
07-09-2014, 10:01 AM
|
#286
|
|
|
Re: 2014 Retro Uprising Gaming Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra
Nothing Don just submit away!

|
Danke!
|
|
|
07-21-2014, 10:42 PM
|
#287
|
|
|
Re: 2014 Retro Uprising Gaming Champ
I am so good i am listed twice lol 20th and 43rd
|
My Signature |
|
07-21-2014, 10:46 PM
|
#288
|
|
|
Re: 2014 Retro Uprising Gaming Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
I am so good i am listed twice lol 20th and 43rd
|
You're special.
Someone fix my Final star soldier. I need a +10 for all clear.
|
My Signature |
|
2015 Yolympics Champs - Team Penis
07-22-2014, 05:57 PM
|
#289
|
|
|
Re: 2014 Retro Uprising Gaming Champ
Done.
|
My Signature |
|
09-06-2014, 05:18 AM
|
#290
|
|
|
Re: 2014 Retro Uprising Gaming Champ
Shouldn't this be closed?
|
My Signature |
|
http://www.pbh2.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/funny-gif-wrestling.gif
11-22-2014, 09:28 AM
|
#291
|
|
|
Re: 2014 Retro Uprising Gaming Champ
Little over a month left to go. How are things going? Anyone still trying to make a move?
Any game suggestions for next year? Should the rules or format change any?
|
My Signature |
|
11-22-2014, 02:25 PM
|
#292
|
|
|
Re: 2014 Retro Uprising Gaming Champ
haven't decided if I want to finish playing the rest of these games. hehe
|
|
|
11-22-2014, 04:04 PM
|
#293
|
|
|
Re: 2014 Retro Uprising Gaming Champ
I'll probably play a game or two during christmas and then just score on offroad if i dont get 1st back, unless bbh decides to play. Then i'll probably have to play more than i want to and wind up cutting myself.
I think the month format should go.
|
My Signature |
|
2015 Yolympics Champs - Team Penis
11-22-2014, 04:21 PM
|
#294
|
|
|
Re: 2014 Retro Uprising Gaming Champ
Imo, remove the month format, clear bonuses, rank and percentage scoring (in favor of a single point rank scoring system).
Last edited by maxh; 11-22-2014 at 04:27 PM..
|
|
|
12-07-2014, 05:05 PM
|
#295
|
|
|
Re: 2014 Retro Uprising Gaming Champ
|
My Signature |
|
12-19-2014, 09:19 AM
|
#296
|
|
|
Re: 2014 Retro Uprising Gaming Champ
Bump. Any comments on the games for 2015?
|
My Signature |
|
12-19-2014, 10:42 AM
|
#297
|
|
|
Re: 2014 Retro Uprising Gaming Champ
Ill do some research on the 8 games you have posted. Answer in an hour or so, I want to make sure there are no leeching issues etc
---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 AM ----------
PS I agree with removing the date points. I'd be keen on "clear" points staying but either way doesnt matter. Probably more simple to not have it
---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------
Contra Hard Corps - Sega Genesis - Looks as though infinite leeching is possible. Could not find any evidence of a time limit (you can just stand there and kill repeat spawning enemies). Our rules obviously forbid this, but I'd hate it to get to "who can leech the most without being DQ'd"
Top Hunter: Roddy and Cathy - Arcade/Coin-Op - OK, with limited running down the clock for points. No infinite leeching
Small Karat: Gemstone Kingdom World - Arcade/Coin-Op - What mode/difficulty? Default is "Player vs. Computer", Normal difficulty - however our top score used "Player only" mode (normal difficulty)
All others look fine. Couldnt find much on Battle Circuit, but some youtube clips I watched it looked alright.
|
My Signature |
|
12-19-2014, 07:48 PM
|
#299
|
|
|
Re: 2014 Retro Uprising Gaming Champ
LOL, guess I shouldn't have submitted a Top Hunter score if it ends up being used here. Then again, I was having issues doing fireball inputs on the controller I was using for some reason and ended up timing out on the last boss and didn't get the 100k bonus, so I can improve that anyway with a different pattern.
Battle Circuit has huge bonus point issues if someone is able to kill the true last boss. You get a bonus based on how many coins you have left at the end of the game, which does make things riskier since those coins can be used to buy upgrades instead. If you play in a manner that maximizes coins, you can get a HUGE bonus at the end. I've gotten 3.3 million from a game that didn't kill the true last boss, but there are a couple players at MARP that have gotten 20.2 and 27.5 million from killing the true last boss with a lot of coins left over. While I'm not sure a score like that would happen in this tournament for sure, it only takes one of those to completely skew the percentage scoring so it's something to consider.
And I guess I should mention that I'm not going to pursue any more scores on the 2014 contest, so it looks like it's still between maxh and TodayIsForgotten. Good luck 
|
|
|
12-19-2014, 08:52 PM
|
#300
|
|
|
Re: 2014 Retro Uprising Gaming Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBH
LOL, guess I shouldn't have submitted a Top Hunter score if it ends up being used here. Then again, I was having issues doing fireball inputs on the controller I was using for some reason and ended up timing out on the last boss and didn't get the 100k bonus, so I can improve that anyway with a different pattern.
Battle Circuit has huge bonus point issues if someone is able to kill the true last boss. You get a bonus based on how many coins you have left at the end of the game, which does make things riskier since those coins can be used to buy upgrades instead. If you play in a manner that maximizes coins, you can get a HUGE bonus at the end. I've gotten 3.3 million from a game that didn't kill the true last boss, but there are a couple players at MARP that have gotten 20.2 and 27.5 million from killing the true last boss with a lot of coins left over. While I'm not sure a score like that would happen in this tournament for sure, it only takes one of those to completely skew the percentage scoring so it's something to consider.
And I guess I should mention that I'm not going to pursue any more scores on the 2014 contest, so it looks like it's still between maxh and TodayIsForgotten. Good luck 
|
Nevermind. We could make those scores happen, BBH. Certain players just need to push one another.
|
My Signature |
|
2015 Yolympics Champs - Team Penis
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 PM.
|