| Introduce Yourself Talk about yourself and welcome others. |
|
01-18-2014, 09:01 AM
|
#1
|
|
|
Hi, Everybody!
I've just joined and love the site. I started gaming when I was five on the Atari 2600 and jumped off current console gaming when the PS3/360 era started. I do own a Wii but only use it for retro gaming. I like all genres of games to some degree, with strategic RPGs being my fav. (Shining Force, Tactics Ogre, FF Tactics, etc.)
I have a question regarding high scores on sports game, take Tecmo Super bowl for example. which mode do you play in? Exibition? Season? Pro Bowl? Does it even matter? I didn't see a thread for it but there are a lot of threads. Thanks in advance.
|
|
|
01-18-2014, 09:20 AM
|
#2
|
|
|
Re: Hi, Everybody!
Hi dr. Nick!!!
|
My Signature |
|
01-18-2014, 10:03 AM
|
#3
|
|
|
Re: Hi, Everybody!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Nick
I've just joined and love the site. I started gaming when I was five on the Atari 2600 and jumped off current console gaming when the PS3/360 era started. I do own a Wii but only use it for retro gaming. I like all genres of games to some degree, with strategic RPGs being my fav. (Shining Force, Tactics Ogre, FF Tactics, etc.)
I have a question regarding high scores on sports game, take Tecmo Super bowl for example. which mode do you play in? Exibition? Season? Pro Bowl? Does it even matter? I didn't see a thread for it but there are a lot of threads. Thanks in advance.
|
Always good to see another Shining Force fan
|
|
|
01-18-2014, 10:29 AM
|
#4
|
|
|
Re: Hi, Everybody!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearhawk72
Always good to see another Shining Force fan
|
Well you probably know but if you don't, they recently released the final edition of the hack "Shining Tactics" I've yet to play any S.F. hack but as soon as I get time...
|
|
|
01-18-2014, 11:41 AM
|
#5
|
|
|
Re: Hi, Everybody!
Welcome to RU Nick! I've already seen you around the forums!
As for Tecmo Bowl, I believe if you are submitting a score, you play Exhibition and if you are playing to clear the game, you play the season.
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
01-18-2014, 12:03 PM
|
#6
|
|
|
Re: Hi, Everybody!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP
Welcome to RU Nick! I've already seen you around the forums!
As for Tecmo Bowl, I believe if you are submitting a score, you play Exhibition and if you are playing to clear the game, you play the season.
|
That does make sense. Thanks.
|
|
|
01-18-2014, 12:18 PM
|
#7
|
|
|
Re: Hi, Everybody!
hey dr nick
|
My Signature |
|
01-18-2014, 03:38 PM
|
#8
|
|
|
Re: Hi, Everybody!
Welcome Dr. Nick! You definitely enjoy this site. 
|
|
|
01-18-2014, 03:59 PM
|
#9
|
|
|
Re: Hi, Everybody!
It should also be noted that if you are submitting a score it will be the spread. Meaning your final score will be the total points you scored minus any points the computer scored.
|
My Signature |
|
01-18-2014, 06:24 PM
|
#10
|
|
|
Re: Hi, Everybody!
Hi Dr_Nick, and welcome to RetroUprising, the best site on the net!
Quote:
|
I do own a Wii but only use it for retro gaming.
|
Retro - Gamer approved.

|
My Signature |
|
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
 Your new nightmare XXVII:
 
01-19-2014, 02:38 PM
|
#11
|
|
|
Re: Hi, Everybody!
So do you still perform any operation for $129.95? 
|
|
|
01-19-2014, 03:10 PM
|
#12
|
|
|
Re: Hi, Everybody!
Final Fantasy Tactics is godly, and is the only thing that can come close to touching the near omnipotent badassery that is Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together.
Welcome to RU, Dr. Nick! Definitely the best site on the web, and I'm not just saying that because I get paid!
|
My Signature |
|
"his voice swayed with the kindness of devils."
Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)
01-19-2014, 05:15 PM
|
#14
|
|
|
Re: Hi, Everybody!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARedLetterDay
Final Fantasy Tactics is godly, and is the only thing that can come close to touching the near omnipotent badassery that is Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together.
|

|
My Signature |
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 PM.
|