| RU Games Discussions for just Retro Uprising games. |
|
09-19-2012, 03:52 AM
|
#1
|
|
|
Intimidation.
Gah.
I'm always so intimidated by the scores on here. I want at least one 1st place score on here, but then I see all the others and.. it discourages me.
I will never have a game with my name next to it.
|
My Signature |
|
"his voice swayed with the kindness of devils."
Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)
09-19-2012, 09:10 AM
|
#2
|
|
|
Re: Intimidation.
Check out some of DB's scores, he put up like 150 one day after only playing the game once or twice, alternatively I'm sure there are still some with no score yet.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
09-19-2012, 09:12 AM
|
#3
|
|
|
Re: Intimidation.
I think the key to getting your first one would be to first pick the genre of games you are best at. Once you've done that, pick one game in that genre and practice, practice, practice.
The more you play that game the better you will get and eventually you will come out on top.
Also if you look there are still some titles on the site, that have no scores attached to them yet. Those should be easy to pick up. 
|
|
|
09-19-2012, 09:50 AM
|
#4
|
|
|
Re: Intimidation.
Those are cheap shots, lol.
I want to work towards the score, not just play it halfheartedly to get a first place tag on it.
I'll beat one of these scores... eventually.
Heck, maybe I'll even get a world record! /sarcasm
|
My Signature |
|
"his voice swayed with the kindness of devils."
Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)
09-19-2012, 10:42 AM
|
#5
|
|
|
Re: Intimidation.
When I first found RU, I saw the big scores in more than a few games I was good at and thought, "Damn! Those scores are pretty high!" I knew they were well beyond my personal high scores, but I simply practiced the games I liked most, like Elrod said, and soon I was duking it out with Winnebagel, Seahawk and our dearly missed buddy Dojah. Sure they would eventually smash a score that I just couldn't beat. But I also managed to keep many of their trophies for myself and that my friend was a great feeling. DO what Elrod suggested and we assure you you will eventually have a fully earned trophy with your name on it. Good luck and hopefully one day one of us mods will be reviewing your video submission for verification as a new high score!
|
My Signature |
|
09-19-2012, 11:00 AM
|
#6
|
|
|
Re: Intimidation.
What your favorite genre?
|
My Signature |
|
09-19-2012, 11:01 AM
|
#7
|
|
|
Re: Intimidation.
What I use to do is find a game that no one really played that I liked. Even though the high score was easy to achieve I would still keep playing and playing, improving on my old high score.
That's how I got the highscores in games like Airwolf and Nuts & Milk.
|
My Signature |
|
09-19-2012, 11:13 AM
|
#8
|
|
|
Re: Intimidation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
That's how I got the highscores in games like Airwolf and Nuts & Milk.
|
And they are tough to beat. I tried to take his Airwolf score a few times. It it tough as nails and his score is well earned. This is a great way to get the feeling of accomplishment. Make a monster score on an obscure or little played game and then challenge others to try and take it. Also, making a bunch of scores on games with no score submissions will attract attention and someone will come by and challenge you. Then it becomes a tennis match until someone can't return the ball.
|
My Signature |
|
09-19-2012, 05:56 PM
|
#9
|
|
|
Re: Intimidation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong
What your favorite genre?
|
My favorite genre is RPG's, or action-RPG's in general. But, since you can't really get a score on there... lol.
My favorite genre for score getting is SHMUPS, Turbo-Grafx16 games are king for those. I do mildly well.
I did find a Donald Duck game for TG-16 or GG I believe that has no score, soooo.. ;D
|
My Signature |
|
"his voice swayed with the kindness of devils."
Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)
09-19-2012, 07:26 PM
|
#10
|
|
|
Re: Intimidation.
Really? My first thought when I got here was more along the lines of "Woah. Look at all these people I get to show up! <3"
|
|
|
09-19-2012, 09:20 PM
|
#11
|
|
|
Re: Intimidation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARedLetterDay
My favorite genre is RPG's
|
Me too, that's why I only have like four scores that are actually good. If RPGs had a scoring system I'd have a lot more. Just play for fun.
|
My Signature |
|
09-20-2012, 10:36 AM
|
#12
|
|
|
Re: Intimidation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Me too, that's why I only have like four scores that are actually good. .
|
And he's very attached to them. Take one from him and you'll have my praise 
|
My Signature |
|
09-20-2012, 10:46 PM
|
#13
|
|
|
Re: Intimidation.
I think some Retro Uprising members have 3 hands or something.
That or they were handed a game controller the moment after they were born;
the skill level of Retro Uprising Gamers is out of this world.
Not all of us can be 'Jedi Masters', there have to be some 'Padawans' too!
{such as myself  }
Furthermore, just because you like a game doesn't necessarily follow that you will be good at it; I've been playing Sonic The Hedgehog ยป Genesis all these years and my game has yet to improve, but I still love playing it.

|
My Signature |
|
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
 Your new nightmare XXVII:
 
09-21-2012, 09:25 AM
|
#14
|
|
|
Re: Intimidation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jozman3000
And he's very attached to them. Take one from him and you'll have my praise 
|
Done. He only has you to blame.
|
|
|
09-21-2012, 10:25 AM
|
#15
|
|
|
Re: Intimidation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeluxe
Done. He only has you to blame.
|
Muahahahaaa!!! 
|
My Signature |
|
09-21-2012, 11:28 AM
|
#16
|
|
|
Re: Intimidation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeluxe
Done. He only has you to blame.
|
Blame him I will! My revenge will be slow and subtle.
|
My Signature |
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.
|