Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #51
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: My Little Pony

Quote:
I'm not really part of the community, I just watch the show. I don't like attention, that's why I don't make a big deal of enjoying it.
Thank you then! The way it should be with any show, but by all means discuss here and there. Do whatever you want in fact, just stating my opinion that it is odd that some go so crazy over it.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:05 PM   #52
DrunkN's Avatar
 
DrunkN

Re: My Little Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
I agree with Cam, I don't see what makes this show so special that you need to try to base some sort of culture around it. Is this typical behaviour?
Eh, I think that this is something that will happen with Ponies or without. I've never seen anything about clubs of bronies, but I imagine that they mostly gather to share in brony-hood first and the actual material second. I think that (and I don't mean to be disrespectful of the beliefs of others) a similar system can be found in community based religious societies in which people usually feel empowered through the concept of being united with other members more so than an actual article.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #53
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: My Little Pony

@Tenser- I've seen that before. I don't recall ever saying these guys were sexually repressed man children. I'm just saying it's kinda weird for dudes to be into my little pony.

@DM- It's an unfair double standard I know. Women can do anything guys do and it's fine but if guys do girly stuff it's weird. I was just stating the obvious. I'm not mocking you guys or saying you should stop.

My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #54
Demon-Mask's Avatar
 
Demon-Mask

Re: My Little Pony

It is a really dumb double standard, the exact point I wanted to make.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #55
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: My Little Pony

@SC: No, I've never seen My Little Pony as I don't watch TV.

That being said, I don't agree with the idea that people should be seen as awkward for liking a cartoon. It's the same as the people who say "Aren't video games for kids?"

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
@Tenser- I've seen that before. I don't recall ever saying these guys were sexually repressed man children. I'm just saying it's kinda weird for dudes to be into my little pony.
I didn't mean to imply the bolded part. My issue was with the underlined part.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #56
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: My Little Pony

Well I'm sorry but this is something that's hard wired into me since I was a kid. My little pony was a girls toy then and it is now. I'm not saying the show can't be good though, there's some amusing memes from it out there.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #57
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: My Little Pony

I'm not faulting you. You're entitled to be wrong.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #58
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: My Little Pony

Blame the marketing I grew up with. GI Joe ftw!
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #59
samejamesbond's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
samejamesbond

Re: My Little Pony

I find it kinda funny that you guys are getting so annoyed by some guys
watching a kids show. It's just an obsession, every person has one and
it's only natural that's we'd enjoy talking about it.

I could care less about what they're watching and I don't really mind all
the talk for or against the show. It must be doing something right if 30
year old guys are watching it.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Remove Pootis
Old 02-23-2012, 11:39 PM   #60
Demon-Mask's Avatar
 
Demon-Mask

Re: My Little Pony

You don't like it, that's fine; you don't like it, that's fine too.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:54 PM   #61
samejamesbond's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
samejamesbond

Re: My Little Pony

That's my point, I just think people shouldn't care so much about all the
pony stuff. It doesn't bother me.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Remove Pootis
Old 02-24-2012, 12:23 AM   #62
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: My Little Pony

I'm not annoyed at all. I'm just explaining why I'm a hater, there's a difference.

Btw SJB how much less could you care about what they're watching?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:31 AM   #63
samejamesbond's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
samejamesbond

Re: My Little Pony

Well if your just trolling I could care less.

I mean I'm a bit curious as to how a kids show got popular among
adult guys, but that doesn't mean I'm going to watch the show. I
just ignore the over-obsessiveness, I mean it isn't hurting me in
any way so why should I really care? I just find the hating to be a
little over-reactive.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Remove Pootis
Old 02-24-2012, 12:50 AM   #64
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: My Little Pony

Uh, didn't say I was trolling either. I don't like the show or the hype, that doesn't mean I'm a troll. I have to ask though, how much less could you care if I was trolling?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:31 AM   #65
samejamesbond's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
samejamesbond

Re: My Little Pony

A lot less, trolling is something you outright ignore.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Remove Pootis
Old 02-24-2012, 06:01 AM   #66
Belmontzar's Avatar
Regular Poster
477 posts
Belmontzar play's well with othersBelmontzar play's well with others
View Stats
Send a message via Yahoo to Belmontzar Send a message via Skype™ to Belmontzar
 
Belmontzar

Re: My Little Pony

Uhm.. I gotta say I don't see the pony stuff or pony fan base as fanatical or crazy at all. If all you needed was a hundred images on the internet to by a psychotic fan base, then that basicaly fits Dam near every cartoon in existence these days. All that I have seen pony fans do, is make art work, write stories, and make jokes.
Thats Far less than Some WoW, Star Trek, Star wars, Dr who, Sports, and well a dozen hundred Tv shows.
I don't see Scale size models of pony ville, but I DO see an amusement park built entirely out of LEGOS. Nor do I see anything like the MASSIVE SUITS OF REALISTIC ARMOR made based on STAR WARS. Come on, the only reason ponies seems to be every where is that they are one of the first major fandoms to use the full force of the internet. Hell its the internet that spread the show out in the first place. Most watchers, view the show BECAUSE of all the pictures and such.
Besides you don't get much more fanatical than when your a video game mascot who has an entire park named after you. Right Sonic the Hedgehog?
Pony pics are not fanatical. Full working suits of DARTH VADER ARMOR. are. [and the fact some poof fool actually WEARS it to conventions..]
but yeah bronies.... they got nothing on the Super fandoms. they got pictures.
The Jedi are an actual RELIGION.
Jedi Church - Jedi Religion and Jedi Faith

see? Top that one.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
PAL CODES: 3DS; Zach 3496-9421-4636
PSN, skype, facebook, and imvu im Belmontzar
systems; ps3 ps vita, 3ds, ds, comp when it works
Old 02-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #67
warghoul's Avatar
The Infinite Spark
1,080 posts
warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!warghoul has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
warghoul

Re: My Little Pony

I don't care who's fanatical about anything. It's just weird when you have a bunch of grown men watching MLP without children in the room. no matter what you say or how you put it it's kinda creepy.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #68
Demon-Mask's Avatar
 
Demon-Mask

Re: My Little Pony

I still don't get how it's any more weird than anyone watching anything else that they are outside of the target demographic for.
Could you please explain it in a way that is more complex and well thought out than "It's just plain creepy" that doesn't explain how it's different. "It's targeted at little girls" is also not a good explanation, because that doesn't explain why adult males can't watch shows intended for little girls, while adult females can watch things target at little boys.
Seriously, I'd really like to understand your logic here.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:38 PM   #69
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: My Little Pony

It can't be that hard to understand DM. A brightly colored cartoon about ponies that is traditionally aimed at very young girls being watched by grown men is weird to most people. To act like it's not weird is just dishonest. We all know the gender roles in our society. You can fight them all you want, more power to you, but they are what they are.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #70
samejamesbond's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
samejamesbond

Re: My Little Pony

It's not weird to me, it's just another thing people watch, whether it's a
kids show or not. There are far weirder things people like.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #71
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: My Little Pony

It's only so weird because it's specifically a girls show. I know the new one is geared towards girls and their parents but it's still marketed to girls. It's not like Spongebob where it's gender neutral. Like I said before it's like guys obsessing over Barbie. If they made a new Barbie show and guys liked that a lot it'd be weird too.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #72
samejamesbond's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
samejamesbond

Re: My Little Pony

But it's just another show, I'm pretty sure those animes are really weird,
but they must be doing something right. That's how you sell, being good.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Remove Pootis
Old 02-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #73
Demon-Mask's Avatar
 
Demon-Mask

Re: My Little Pony

I don't even care anymore. If you, and the rest of society, think it strange for me to like MLP, that's your problem. Unless it suddenly starts sucking, I'll continue to watch it.

I just think this double standard thing is bothersome.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #74
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: My Little Pony

I don't know why you really cared in the first place. If you like it watch it. The only thing I'm trying to get across to you guys is that because of how most of us are raised this is seen as weird. To act like we're wrong or missing the point is naive. It ignores all the centuries of established gender roles we've lived with as a species. Things are changing but that's only very recently.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #75
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: My Little Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Mask View Post
I just think this double standard thing is bothersome.
So do you also like to flaunt around wearing a bra and panties? Do you think that woud be a little bit weird? If you do, than you embody the exact double standard that you object to.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my little pony mj23 Forum Games 2 01-27-2008 10:02 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.

» vBadvanced CMPS