02-23-2012, 12:32 PM
|
#26
|
|
|
Re: My Little Pony
 ^_^ this is my fave. I saw all the net stuff but the Final nail to the 'ok im gona see this'coffin was John delancy. I could not resist my internal Next Generation Fandom. I watched for discord, and walked out a Fluttershy fan. X_X. Well after I saw Dragon shy anyway.
I also have started a few stories as well.. One has my RP character Alexander and the other is a Megaman Zero Fic. ^^

|
My Signature |
|
PAL CODES: 3DS; Zach 3496-9421-4636
PSN, skype, facebook, and imvu im Belmontzar
systems; ps3 ps vita, 3ds, ds, comp when it works
02-23-2012, 07:14 PM
|
#27
|
|
|
Re: My Little Pony
Quote:
|
You don't see a fuss being made over almost any other show
|
The fuss being made over MLP is nothing compared to a little old British show called Dr. Who, maybe you've heard of it.
You also must be lucky enough to attend one of the few high schools that don't have an anime club of some form.
And what about the fandom for a little thing called Homestuck?
|
|
|
02-23-2012, 07:19 PM
|
#28
|
|
|
Re: My Little Pony
When I was in school they had no clubs like this. The schools I went to seemed to have clubs that were about school stuff. Are these just groups of people meeting up after school with similar interests? We called that hanging out with friends.
|
My Signature |
|
02-23-2012, 07:23 PM
|
#29
|
|
|
Re: My Little Pony
Usually, these clubs meet up and watch the show they all are meeting up out of a mutual interest for.
This takes place within the school, at lunch or after the school day ends.
There are clubs for a lot of non-school things where I go to school.
|
|
|
02-23-2012, 07:32 PM
|
#31
|
|
|
Re: My Little Pony
Quote:
The fuss being made over MLP is nothing compared to a little old British show called Dr. Who, maybe you've heard of it.
You also must be lucky enough to attend one of the few high schools that don't have an anime club of some form.
And what about the fandom for a little thing called Homestuck?
|
Nope, none of those have I ever ran into, I have never seen people obsess so bad over something, like I have with MLP. Doesn't matter how much someone likes something, they don't talk about it so much, quote it all the time, buy merchandise for it just for the sake of doing so like the people that watch mlp that I know do. Sports maybe comes a close second, but that's sports, this just seems ridiculous when I find bronies. Actually 4 of them are my friends. Kinda annoying, but whatever. I just don't get it.
I don't know, it just seems like they act so obsessed with it on purpose because they want everyone to know that bad. I don't see why it's that important to fans to act that way, that's all. It's like cool, you like that show? That's fine, I like certain shows too, but why obsess over it all the time? Not too offend anyone, I am just so shocked to see obsession to this proportion sometimes, although I don't find it that often, bronies that is in real life.
Last edited by CatalystiCam; 02-23-2012 at 07:36 PM..
|
|
|
02-23-2012, 07:36 PM
|
#32
|
|
|
Re: My Little Pony
I guess they just want kids to sit around discussing anime and ponies as opposed to going out drinking, smoking and getting laid. I can understand that I guess.
|
My Signature |
|
02-23-2012, 07:38 PM
|
#33
|
|
|
Re: My Little Pony
We had clubs in my high school that weren't about school activities.
|
My Signature |
|
02-23-2012, 07:40 PM
|
#34
|
|
|
Re: My Little Pony
First of all, most fans of MLP aren't that bad. It's the whole vocal minority vs. silent majority thing. You understand that principal, right?
I was pretty much on board with what you were saying, until you said is somehow more understandable to obsess over sports, and that it is less of an obsession for sports fans. That's pretty dumb.
Quote:
|
I don't know, it just seems like they act so obsessed with it on purpose because they want everyone to know that bad.
|
Sports fans do the same thing. They get tattoos of their team logos, I've yet to see a brony with an MLP tattoo. They get their cars painted their team colors, they decorate their entire house in team colors, they fly flags with their team's logo, they get clever little bumper stickers endorsing their teams, never seen a brony do any of that stuff, and that's all normal sports-fan stuff, except for the tattoos.
|
|
|
02-23-2012, 07:50 PM
|
#35
|
|
|
Re: My Little Pony
It'd be like obsessing over video games.
>.>
|
My Signature |
|
02-23-2012, 08:04 PM
|
#36
|
|
|
Re: My Little Pony
I guess so. I don't think any of us here have ever had any kind of video game obsession...
|
|
|
02-23-2012, 08:09 PM
|
#37
|
|
|
Re: My Little Pony
I guess everyone here missed out on that Pokemon thing, I think that was pretty big before and still is.....
|
|
|
02-23-2012, 08:13 PM
|
#38
|
|
|
Re: My Little Pony
I know, right.
It's ridiculous to call one obsession worse than the others. That, and MLP isn't that popular. You don't walk around at school seeing bronies left an right. The club has, like, twenty or thirty people, in a school of well over two-thousand.
|
|
|
02-23-2012, 08:26 PM
|
#39
|
|
|
Re: My Little Pony
I agree with Cam, I don't see what makes this show so special that you need to try to base some sort of culture around it. Is this typical behaviour?:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsFb-sLLqig"]Brony Pizza Hunt (ponyfags) - YouTube[/ame]
LOL I love how the little kid at 1:27 takes a bit of the wind out of their sails.
Last edited by Slime Slayer; 02-23-2012 at 08:41 PM..
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
02-23-2012, 08:34 PM
|
#40
|
|
|
Re: My Little Pony
It's extremely atypical behavior. I've never actually encountered anyone who does that kind of stuff. It comes back to the whole vocal minority vs. silent majority thing.
|
|
|
02-23-2012, 08:51 PM
|
#41
|
|
|
Re: My Little Pony
Quote:
|
Sports fans do the same thing. They get tattoos of their team logos, I've yet to see a brony with an MLP tattoo. They get their cars painted their team colors, they decorate their entire house in team colors, they fly flags with their team's logo, they get clever little bumper stickers endorsing their teams, never seen a brony do any of that stuff, and that's all normal sports-fan stuff, except for the tattoos.
|
Fair enough, and true enough. Yet still, the obsession seems extreme in most cases I've seen. I stress 'Most', and not all.
Edit: Then again, yeah. You're right, I probbably notice more of the vocal ones
Last edited by CatalystiCam; 02-23-2012 at 08:53 PM..
|
|
|
02-23-2012, 08:58 PM
|
#42
|
|
|
Re: My Little Pony
Well the obvious point about hating on this is how it's typically a girl thing. Guys obsessing over MLP is just weird, I don't care how good the show is. It's like obsessing over Barbie.
|
My Signature |
|
02-23-2012, 09:02 PM
|
#43
|
|
|
Re: My Little Pony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Well the obvious point about hating on this is how it's typically a girl thing. Guys obsessing over MLP is just weird, I don't care how good the show is. It's like obsessing over Barbie.
|
This would be my standpoint full blown... If I wasn't obsessed with Sailor Moon in grade 10. 
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
02-23-2012, 09:36 PM
|
#44
|
|
|
Re: My Little Pony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Well the obvious point about hating on this is how it's typically a girl thing. Guys obsessing over MLP is just weird, I don't care how good the show is. It's like obsessing over Barbie.
|
But if girls obsess over things that are targeted at males, is it any better in your eyes?
|
|
|
02-23-2012, 09:37 PM
|
#45
|
|
|
Re: My Little Pony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Well the obvious point about hating on this is how it's typically a girl thing. Guys obsessing over MLP is just weird, I don't care how good the show is. It's like obsessing over Barbie.
|

|
My Signature |
|
02-23-2012, 09:37 PM
|
#46
|
|
|
Re: My Little Pony
so does that mean im exempt from the argument?
|
My Signature |
|
02-23-2012, 09:39 PM
|
#47
|
|
|
Re: My Little Pony
Nope. You can join in, a female perspective would be nice.
|
|
|
02-23-2012, 09:42 PM
|
#48
|
|
|
Re: My Little Pony
i honestly dont see a problem with it, but it is a little out of hand with how many are supposed "bronys". i think alot of people are doing it for the attention..... but i just cant get over pinkie pie ^_^
|
My Signature |
|
02-23-2012, 09:48 PM
|
#49
|
|
|
Re: My Little Pony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
|
Ten are you a brony too?
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
02-23-2012, 09:52 PM
|
#50
|
|
|
Re: My Little Pony
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATZ
i honestly dont see a problem with it, but it is a little out of hand with how many are supposed "bronys". i think alot of people are doing it for the attention..... but i just cant get over pinkie pie ^_^
|
I'm not really part of the community, I just watch the show. I don't like attention, that's why I don't make a big deal of enjoying it.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
| Thread |
Thread Starter |
Forum |
Replies |
Last Post |
|
my little pony
|
mj23 |
Forum Games |
2 |
01-27-2008 10:02 AM |
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 AM.
|