| Team Contests The 4 Retro Uprising teams do battle in a team contest about once a month. |
|
03-29-2010, 12:29 AM
|
#601
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Ogre Battle completed for Eternal Champions.
By the way, thanks for for the votes of confidence everyone. That game was a toughie for sure.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
03-29-2010, 12:37 AM
|
#602
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
O_O Bagel.. NICE.
|
My Signature |
|
03-29-2010, 12:40 AM
|
#603
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebagel
Ogre Battle completed for Eternal Champions.
By the way, thanks for for the votes of confidence everyone. That game was a toughie for sure.
|
Doh!
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
03-29-2010, 01:21 AM
|
#604
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
wait, wasn't there a game where you had to box a bear as part of the story?
|
|
|
03-29-2010, 09:35 AM
|
#605
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk
Mother fudger.............you are a beast Bagel!
|
Thanks Hawk. I appreciate that, but the game was the real beast. x)
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by tenser
Good job Bagel.
|
Thanks Ten. I really enjoyed the competition (despite a bit of drama). Thanks for putting it together.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13
Awesome
|
Thanks Steven. I know some people didn't like 1945k III, but I got to the point where I really did. It was intense, but fun. I can't speak for anyone else, but I am glad you suggested it. It was a great challenge.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by tanc24
IM-FRICKIN-PRESSIVE!!! Get a life, Winnebagel.
|
Thanks buddy. I'm going to try to (now), but I enjoyed the experience of the battle.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by mj23
Wow. I say winnebagel deserves a "GOD" badge. like a badge with a picture of Morgan Freeman dressed in a white suit from the movie bruce almighty. either way, you now seem like a god in my mind. Very nice.
|
That made me LOL mj!  I really appreciate the thought, but there were other tough games in the competition too (i.e. Battletoads, Ogre Battle, Bart vs The Space Mutants, Prince of Persia, etc.) that I think shouldn't be too minimized.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tails
I knew you could do it Bagel!
|
Thanks Tailsy!
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by cam3ron36
If anyone could've done it, it would be WB.
|
Thanks Cam!
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by cam3ron36
So your family boxes wild animals as a proffesion? :P
|
As a general rule, only little ones. It's much more realistic to box say a Koala then a Kangaroo. This was one of the first Bears that I have boxed, and I almost didn't make it out alive.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by gamenguru
Way to go, bro!!!
It was a tough fight, but I knew you would be victorious in the end...
|
Thanks Bro! By the way I also majorly LOLed at that picture. It felt like that for sure.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by cam3ron36
wait, wasn't there a game where you had to box a bear as part of the story?
|
I think Victorious Boxers did. Is that what you were thinking of?
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by kong
WB, have you thought about submitting some scores to Twin Galxies?
|
No I haven't heard of that. What is Twin Galxies? Is that a website or something different?
Remember, RU (EVG) is the main place I have played online. Other than a few message boards, I am pretty ignorant of the online gaming world. The biggest bulk of my experience has been playing on the various consoles growing up.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
03-29-2010, 09:45 AM
|
#606
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_Galaxies"]Twin Galaxies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
basically it is all of the video game records, high scores, speed runs and so on. it is also where billy mitchell goes to idolize his own image.
good job on winning another tournament pretty much all by yourself.
|
|
|
03-29-2010, 10:30 AM
|
#607
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
lol, poor Koalas don't stand a chance
I'm not sure, I know my bro rented it for PS2, one character that you unlocked had to protect himself against a bear as part of the story.
|
|
|
03-29-2010, 11:03 AM
|
#608
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim5cents
Twin Galaxies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
basically it is all of the video game records, high scores, speed runs and so on. it is also where billy mitchell goes to idolize his own image.
good job on winning another tournament pretty much all by yourself.
|
Thanks Jim. I always wondered where people would come up with the details on record scores.
Thanks Jim, but it wasn't all me. Guru beat 4 games, and Tails and Bluej beat a really long game each. I really did like this competition because it was challenging and a fun idea. I kind of wish that most of EC hadn't disappeared for this one, but it's one of those things I guess.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
03-29-2010, 11:18 AM
|
#609
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Way to go WB! And congratulations EC, that is all 12 games, you win.
Everyone else, you can continue to compete for second place if you want.
|
My Signature |
|
03-29-2010, 11:25 AM
|
#610
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36
lol, poor Koalas don't stand a chance
I'm not sure, I know my bro rented it for PS2, one character that you unlocked had to protect himself against a bear as part of the story.
|
It's true, but it makes for a fun sport. I don't know if it's true, but based on the story I heard, "Kick The Koala" is almost as popular in Australia, as "Kick The Baby" is in South Park, Colorado. 
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
03-29-2010, 11:27 AM
|
#611
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Lmao, are you the first in your family to fight a bear? I'd bet your ancestors faught T-rexes 
|
|
|
03-29-2010, 11:35 AM
|
#612
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebagel
Ogre Battle completed for Eternal Champions.
By the way, thanks for for the votes of confidence everyone. That game was a toughie for sure.
|
Hey look, coincidentally Nintendo decided to celebrate this too, Ogre Battle 64 is now on Virtual Console XD.
|
|
|
03-29-2010, 11:38 AM
|
#613
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
lmao, isn't that the one DB loves to death?
|
My Signature |
|
03-29-2010, 12:00 PM
|
#614
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong
Way to go WB! And congratulations EC, that is all 12 games, you win.
Everyone else, you can continue to compete for second place if you want.
|
Thanks Kongger. That was grueling, but fun.
---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36
Lmao, are you the first in your family to fight a bear? I'd bet your ancestors faught T-rexes 
|
I might be. I'm not 100% sure, but maybe unless you count this guy of course.
I have heard stories about great great great great great great great great great (well you get the idea) grandfather Turok Bagel who used to hunt dinosaurs. I don't know how true the stories are, but I heard he slew a T-Rex back in the year 1,945,000,000,000,003,000 B.C.E. It might have just been a story, though. 
---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk
Hey look, coincidentally Nintendo decided to celebrate this too, Ogre Battle 64 is now on Virtual Console XD.
|
Sweet! Ogre Battle for everyone.
I had never played any before this contest, but the game has a way of growing on you. At first it seems simple and repetitive, but the farther you get, you realize just how much you have to manage resources and preplan attacks. It's pretty cool.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
03-29-2010, 12:01 PM
|
#615
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Too bad he didn't kill Slash.

|
My Signature |
|
03-29-2010, 12:53 PM
|
#616
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
I have heard stories about great great great great great great great great great (well you get the idea) grandfather Turok Bagel who used to hunt dinosaurs. I don't know how true the stories are, but I heard he slew a T-Rex back in the year 1,945,000,000,000,003,000 B.C.E. It might have just been a story, though. 
|
Lmao. Well, never knew you were related to turok.
|
|
|
03-29-2010, 12:55 PM
|
#617
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Wow Bagel, congrats, I haven't visited the forums in over a week, just devoting the time to beating that game and I've come nowhere close, you must have some indescribable skills to do that, You've got more than respect due for that accomplishment.
|
My Signature |
|
"...The people living there know thirst, hunger, disease, they suffer all these things and in the end, they grow old and die. But for one brief moment they shine as bright as the sun, because they know these hardships, they also know the meaning of happiness..."

03-29-2010, 02:06 PM
|
#618
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Wolf
Wow Bagel, congrats, I haven't visited the forums in over a week, just devoting the time to beating that game and I've come nowhere close, you must have some indescribable skills to do that, You've got more than respect due for that accomplishment.
|
Thanks man. It's a tough game. I respect anyone who takes on the challenge and gives it their best shot. It can be beaten, but it's a tough one.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
03-29-2010, 03:31 PM
|
#619
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36
So your family boxes wild animals as a proffesion? :P
oh and +1 for WB.
|
Look at the boxers shorts. And in all honesty without Winn our team would almost nothing comapared to what it is. Thanks Winn 
|
|
|
03-29-2010, 04:33 PM
|
#620
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
I noticed the shorts said his name as well as the bears said 1945 K III
|
|
|
03-29-2010, 05:26 PM
|
#621
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by david man45
Look at the boxers shorts. And in all honesty without Winn our team would almost nothing comapared to what it is. Thanks Winn 
|
Thanks David, but half the games were done by the rest of the team. If the rest of the team hadn't completed big games like Sweet Home, Zelda II, and Top Gear (glitches and all), then we wouldn't have gotten there in time.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
03-29-2010, 05:28 PM
|
#622
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Top gear was a very lengthy game that is difficult as well if you don't know what you're doing, especially on the hardest difficulty. Sweet Home was excellent, I got donw on myself since I had to backtrack like crazy, these two weakling characters always die...
|
|
|
03-29-2010, 05:29 PM
|
#623
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36
Lmao. Well, never knew you were related to turok.
|
We're related to the other Turok, not the guy in the games (as cool as that would be). Our ancestor was the minor dinosaur hunter and cave man lounge singer. 
---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36
Top gear was a very lengthy game that is difficult as well if you don't know what you're doing, especially on the hardest difficulty. Sweet Home was excellent, I got donw on myself since I had to backtrack like crazy, these two weakling characters always die...
|
Don't get me wrong, I like Top Gear, but because it glitched so bad, Guru had to basically play the entire game three whole times to get to the end.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
03-29-2010, 05:33 PM
|
#624
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
sorry to hear that, hope it doesn't taint people opinions on the game because of the mishaps many of you had. Seahawk is right though, it had a special chip in it that no other snes game had. Could have been the issue.
|
|
|
03-29-2010, 06:09 PM
|
#625
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36
sorry to hear that, hope it doesn't taint people opinions on the game because of the mishaps many of you had. Seahawk is right though, it had a special chip in it that no other snes game had. Could have been the issue.
|
It's okay Cam. It didn't taint the view, it just made it frustrating to play because of the constant crashing.
Hawk had a good point on the chip. Maybe that it the reason then. It's still a fun game, it was just weird.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 PM.
|