Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Minecraft

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-2015, 07:15 PM   #176
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Everyone's taking a stab at this eventually - Public dedicated MC server

Here's an infernal riding a donkey and a zombie riding some flying infernal. JG suggested it was a ghast but it was silent and it was moving pretty quickly through the air which isn't ghastlike. I'm thinking maybe a bat? I didn't hear any squeaks but that's easier to miss than those horrific ghast noises.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-01_22.28.26.png
Views:	16
Size:	783.9 KB
ID:	3926  Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-03_23.56.20.png
Views:	17
Size:	835.6 KB
ID:	3927  
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:44 PM   #177
RU Joe's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
RU Joe

Re: Everyone's taking a stab at this eventually - Public dedicated MC server

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Here's an infernal riding a donkey and a zombie riding some flying infernal. JG suggested it was a ghast but it was silent and it was moving pretty quickly through the air which isn't ghastlike. I'm thinking maybe a bat? I didn't hear any squeaks but that's easier to miss than those horrific ghast noises.
Thanks for posting this, and not to tell anyone what they should do but, my policy is:
when I see mysterious mobs shooting off sparks, it's time to either take cover, run, or break out your bow for some long - range attacks.

Here's an item that an Infernal Skeleton dropped from my spawner {under the hill where my tower is, one entrance is under the large Oak with the custom roots, the other is beside DB's haus in North Village}
I was really laughing at this.

Attachment 3928

This Zombie stole someone's horse then hid inside Sumo's doorway where it proceeded to take pot shots at me as I walked by, setting everything on fire in the area.
Since I've been playing silently {no sound} lately I first thought there must be a Ghast flying around and circled the building a few times, watching the sky, before I finally figured out what and where it was.
Don't approach this guy.

Attachment 3929

Last edited by RU Joe; 11-30-2015 at 11:08 PM..
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:55 PM   #178
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Everyone's taking a stab at this eventually - Public dedicated MC server

Sumo and I spotted that donkey rider at the same time. He was dead very shortly after that ss was taken. That ghost rider in the sky disappeared. I saw him while I was on my horse and I didn't wanna dismount where I was so I rode a little further after the ss and came back on foot. I looked all over but he either despawned or kept on flying.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 01:29 AM   #179
RU Joe's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
RU Joe

Re: Everyone's taking a stab at this eventually - Public dedicated MC server

There I was, making trips into the Nether to collect materials for the new portal stage you will see outside of Sumo's place, taking every precaution to NOT agro the Zombie Pigmen and everything was going fine until a Blaze decided to shoot at me.
Unfortunately her aim was a bit off and she hit one of the Pigmen instead .. and so they went after ME!!


This would have been fine but, now I cannot return to the Nether at all because the Pigmen won't allow me even to materialize on the Nether side before I get killed again.
So in case someone has an extra couple of stacks of Netherack, I would greatly appreciate if you could leave them in one of the chests down under the new portal stage I made so I may finish that project.

Some more funky items dropped by mobs:

Attachment 3930

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-06_01.20.48.png
Views:	19
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	3931

Last edited by RU Joe; 11-30-2015 at 11:08 PM..
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 08-07-2015, 07:30 AM   #180
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Everyone's taking a stab at this eventually - Public dedicated MC server

I killed all the pigmen on the other side for you yesterday. Left a note saying so. I think your issue was there was not one but two infernals among the group.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2015, 02:50 PM   #181
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Everyone's taking a stab at this eventually - Public dedicated MC server

I got you a few stacks of netherack and some quartz JG. If you need anything else, minus blaze droppings, let me know.

Btw the portal looks great.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Also I saw a sign that said some funland or something was coming soon, is that real or just flavor text?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 03:08 PM   #182
RU Joe's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
RU Joe

Re: Everyone's taking a stab at this eventually - Public dedicated MC server

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I got you a few stacks of netherack and some quartz JG. If you need anything else, minus blaze droppings, let me know.

Btw the portal looks great.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Also I saw a sign that said some funland or something was coming soon, is that real or just flavor text?
Yay!
Thanks very much for the supplies; that prevents me from having to die yet again in the Nether.
I have a blaze rod if you need it.

By the way, Ten, I left a note near the portal but in case you didn't see it, I still cannot go back and who knows if they'll ever calm down - there is no reasoning with them at all.

That sign North of the village says something like: 'Happy World Land coming soon!' - with this being the inspiration for the project:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7bB56z-yF8

Last edited by RU Joe; 08-08-2015 at 03:14 PM..
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 08-08-2015, 03:15 PM   #183
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Everyone's taking a stab at this eventually - Public dedicated MC server

I'm all set with Blaze stuff. I'm just saying I'm not doing farming runs on mobs that will probably kill me. Sumo probably will though. He's a glutton for punishment.

Glad I noticed the sign then I almost starting making something that would ruin your view.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 02:13 PM   #184
RU Joe's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
RU Joe

Re: Everyone's taking a stab at this eventually - Public dedicated MC server

I'm starting to feel like a land - hog, having built so much over such a wide area.
So right now I'm waiting to see where you guys are going to start some new projects - Sumo's huge project near the new village with 2 houses, DB's view - blocking project on the former {joke} site of Happy World Land, etc.

Build ALL the things!



{but I'm guessing most of you are currently playing that new retro RPG you mentioned a while back}

I have a plan for something HUGE but I don't want to stand in the way of other players by just going ahead before you guys get your chance to choose some prime locations for yourselves.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 08-13-2015, 06:17 PM   #185
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Everyone's taking a stab at this eventually - Public dedicated MC server

Quote:
DB's view - blocking project on the former {joke} site of Happy World Land, etc.
I didn't build there. I have a rather large project in the works though, see if you can find it. I went up like 300 excavation levels in a couple days.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 01:09 AM   #186
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Everyone's taking a stab at this eventually - Public dedicated MC server

I don't have a happy medium. When I go big, I go big and things get very calculated and "Perfect". Blech, drives me nuts sometimes.

Anyways, the progress! Nothing's filled or complete, but I plan to do that in survival. Not sure what exactly I'm leaving for survival, but it's probably most of the building and furnishing that doesn't involve plummet to death or air-building risk.

Red tower even more-so incomplete. 4th tower relatively untouched. Will be blue.

Only tower that has a direction is purple that has a nice divided animal farm in it.

Pics all below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-13_23.04.40.png
Views:	18
Size:	744.3 KB
ID:	3933  Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-13_23.04.47.png
Views:	19
Size:	721.0 KB
ID:	3934  Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-13_23.07.54.png
Views:	17
Size:	690.9 KB
ID:	3935  

Last edited by CatalystiCam; 08-14-2015 at 01:11 AM..
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:46 PM   #187
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Everyone's taking a stab at this eventually - Public dedicated MC server

It's been pretty lonely on the server lately, please tell me it's not gonna be shutting down soon. I feel like I jinxed it by starting work on a large project.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:20 PM   #188
RU Joe's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
RU Joe

Re: Everyone's taking a stab at this eventually - Public dedicated MC server

It looks like someone really cleaned up a huge area - at first I thought it was just a glitch but no, all the dirt has been removed!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-19_18.15.10.png
Views:	20
Size:	430.2 KB
ID:	3946
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:03 PM   #189
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Everyone's taking a stab at this eventually - Public dedicated MC server

Thanks for spoiling the surprise JG! I'm taking before and after screenshots to show the transformation, I'll post them when I'm done. Btw feel free to help it's taking a long time even with the digging special ability and my level being like 500. When the dirt is gone I was hoping you guys would help me plant some strategic TNT to break up that stone. Also there's a large abandoned mineshaft at the bottom, feel free to explore it.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 12:13 PM   #190
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Everyone's taking a stab at this eventually - Public dedicated MC server

I made a last minute decision to head to university now so money's pretty tight, but again 5 bucks a month is nothing. It would actually be cheaper to renew 12 months at a time in the long run. Is that a safe bet however? I'll always be jumping on randomly as I saw last year with SP.

Vacation is almost over here, hence why it's crickets on my end.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 12:55 PM   #191
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Everyone's taking a stab at this eventually - Public dedicated MC server

I think we all know we can't support a server with just RU players and sumo. If we want to keep this server open, and we do, then we need to get new blood to join. I'd take up the responsibility of posting and maintaining a server topic on minecraft.net if I knew it's what everyone wanted and I knew that the server is ready for potential trolls. I know how to kick and ban people and I've read about how to do other admin stuff but I'm not very confident about all the commands yet. Also I cannot be online during the day really and I'm not on super long at night either. We'd need someone else to help police things. Since JG is the only person who's very active I'd nominate him for OP. I know he may not be on board, at least at first, but I think it makes sense.

Brainstorm bros, let's hear it.


Edit- I can't be on during the day but I can be reached through Steam usually so if something bad was happening I should be able to jump on and drop the hammer.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:21 PM   #192
KATZ's Avatar
Kat with the hat
Game Mod
1,139 posts
KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
KATZ

Re: Everyone's taking a stab at this eventually - Public dedicated MC server

pssst dont forget, theres always the server i play/staff on ;P
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:36 PM   #193
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Everyone's taking a stab at this eventually - Public dedicated MC server

Personally, and this is just me. Please by all means invite people, this is me telling you I'd appreciate the help there. But I'm not going to be unhappy with it being a bit dead, as long as it's used. I'm a very big loner when it comes to this game (unless it's hardcore). I'm more about build about and have some show and tell back and forth later. That's cool with me. Knowing others are helping build a metropolis around me is awesome. I'm content at that as a minimum.

That said, I would love to have a few people always on. For occasional adventuring, group projects and conversing. Although I find I cant concentrate on building while talking. Not as well at least, but eh... I enjoy the company.

As far as admins. Not really anyone I don't trust here. No need for a whole bunch of you to be "guests" along with the other public that we'll hopefully add. Anyone willing to take on the admin role, just say so. It only entails keeping baddies away and protecting land. What you do beyond that too is probably fine within reason, and by that I mean creative mode stuff. Though if we are discussing this, maybe we want to limit that sort of stuff though. I'm open to all input.

As of right now though, barring some newer people that may pop in here, this is an official invitation to (listing off top of my head),

Katz
Sumo
Joe
Db
Seahawk
Wolf
Ten
Sabby if he wants to learn

(sorry if I'm forgetting any regular players) if you want to help in the admin regards, just give me the word.

Any input or help on anything is appreciated. This is the ru server as far as I'm concerned. Anyone else want to voice anything, I'm all ears!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 01:45 AM   #194
RU Joe's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
RU Joe

Re: Everyone's taking a stab at this eventually - Public dedicated MC server

I appreciate you thinking of me for Admin, but I'm not on consistently enough.

About the server, I think we're doing just fine by ourselves; the stuff you guys have made so far is excellent and as I told Ten, this high quality work is making me feel like I have to build a bit better in order to keep up.
NO MORE BOXES!



^ UNFORGIVABLE!

Yes maybe it is a little lonely sometimes but I would rather be lonely and not have to worry than have a bunch of new people who I'd have to wonder what they're up to all the time.
I'm a Xenophobe » Coin Op , I know.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 08-23-2015, 07:30 AM   #195
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Everyone's taking a stab at this eventually - Public dedicated MC server

Most of my Minecraft playing is done in single player worlds. When I'm on the server, I like the interaction.

I havent been on in awhile due to lack of inspiration. I have what I think is a great idea now so I should be popping on more to build that.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2015, 10:38 AM   #196
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Everyone's taking a stab at this eventually - Public dedicated MC server

Quote:
this is an official invitation
Quote:
Db
Uh, you made me an admin a while ago bro.


Can you explain how to protect land? You told me before but having it written down will help me. Also we need to do something about the player rank names. It's obviously not working right if JG is still a newbie. I think he's been on more than anyone else and he's certainly been actively playing more than anyone else. Also sumo is the highest ranked on mcmmo but he's a newb too. It just looks lazy in the current state.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:50 PM   #197
KATZ's Avatar
Kat with the hat
Game Mod
1,139 posts
KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
KATZ

Re: Everyone's taking a stab at this eventually - Public dedicated MC server

i wouldent mind staff, im on minecraft 24/7 and i always pop in and out of my server looking to see whoevers on yours
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 06:24 PM   #198
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Everyone's taking a stab at this eventually - Public dedicated MC server

@Campandering- I was wondering about the problem where people can't use doors, plates, ect in protected zones and I found this-
Quote:
Example: Allowing everyone to use doors, levels, buttons, and pressure plates even in protected regions
The use flag concerns these types of items:
/rg flag __global__ use allow
From this page about WorldGuard-
What’s Protected? — WorldGuard 6.0 documentation




1. I almost fell into this weird formation while riding my horse. I think it looks so cool I'm tempted to build a road to it and make a house that I don't need.

2. I turned around while excavating and I saw this nice view. Sunset with Sumos beacon in the distance.

3. North village barely visible from a nearby mountain. JGs mountain fortress thingy is to the left.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-08_14.10.22.png
Views:	17
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	3947  Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-10_16.01.09.png
Views:	16
Size:	841.9 KB
ID:	3948  Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-20_00.06.11.png
Views:	19
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	3949  
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:13 AM   #199
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Everyone's taking a stab at this eventually - Public dedicated MC server

DB, by all means do it. Anything like that I'm looking for help on programming in.

Speaking of which. The ranks I was going to get rid of. Can't get them to work or have different permissions anyways. They are not part of Mcmmo. They're their own thing meant for permissions. May as well just have the default 'op' and 'user', unless anyone wants to figure this coding out. Too much of a headache for me and my focus issues.

Katz & Ten Op'ed (talked to ten earlier about helping with the technical end of things. Just say no if you don't want to be an Op). Thanks guys

Protecting land - You can find a lot of tutorials under worldguard/edit which will be available to you as op. Typically it revolves around having a wooden axe as a wand. Protecting a cubic area right, you right click the first corner of the protected area and then left click the second corner (doesn't matter which order). after that's labeled (using joey and bob as an example username), type

/rg define <region name> Joey

to add a user /rg <region name> addmember bob.

Something like that.

Joe - I hear ya, but there is means in place to stop any shenanigans.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:35 PM   #200
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Everyone's taking a stab at this eventually - Public dedicated MC server

I tried the mineshaft run and it doesn't work. It triggers the oracle rune which is useless if you know how to alt tab and google for a wiki.

The faith rune works though. I made the island in the screenshot with glowstone(tier 4 out of 7) so it could be bigger and higher up but I think it still looks pretty cool. I was gonna say we should disable the rune but then I saw that there's a few ways to deal with it. You can make a rune that disables other runes or just use the doubt rune to undo the uplift. I haven't tried any of those yet but they should work if faith does.

Mods/Runecraft/Faith/Faith – Minecraft Wiki
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-24_23.23.59.png
Views:	20
Size:	600.0 KB
ID:	3950  
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I dedicated my twitch.tv stream to RU, plus I play regularly, check it out :-) thetedster Chat 0 08-15-2013 09:06 PM
Server status for Guardian's server TheGuardian Minecraft 20 02-12-2012 04:29 PM
New Computer eventually... Questions CatalystiCam Help 2 11-15-2010 05:08 PM
Taking a break :-\ CatalystiCam Introduce Yourself 43 12-16-2009 01:57 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 PM.

» vBadvanced CMPS