| Team Contests The 4 Retro Uprising teams do battle in a team contest about once a month. |
|
02-24-2010, 05:21 PM
|
#151
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Super Metroid is giving me problems, it's starting up and telling me the game pak isn't designed for my super nes or super famicom...
|
My Signature |
|
"...The people living there know thirst, hunger, disease, they suffer all these things and in the end, they grow old and die. But for one brief moment they shine as bright as the sun, because they know these hardships, they also know the meaning of happiness..."

02-24-2010, 06:32 PM
|
#152
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
GOM Did you mean Full Mode for Super Metroid? Score isn't an option.
|
My Signature |
|
02-24-2010, 06:34 PM
|
#153
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
I had the same problem with Super Metroid earlier.
Is there a fix for this Sir Kong?
|
My Signature |
|
02-24-2010, 07:30 PM
|
#155
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Battletoads has been completed for Eternal Champions:

|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
02-24-2010, 07:42 PM
|
#156
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
You were 9 points off your old high score 
|
|
|
02-24-2010, 07:43 PM
|
#157
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36
You were 9 points off your old high score 
|
Yeah, I really screwed up there Cam. Thanks for pointing out my mistakes. 
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
02-24-2010, 07:45 PM
|
#158
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
I just find it funny that you were only 9 points away from maxing out the score. That's unlikely and funny 
|
|
|
02-24-2010, 07:47 PM
|
#159
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36
I just find it funny that you were only 9 points away from maxing out the score. That's unlikely and funny 
|
What it is is that most enemies don't give you the exact amount you need to reach that score. It has to be set on a level (like the Turbo Tunnels or Surf's Up) that will automatically give you points until the score stops.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
02-24-2010, 07:51 PM
|
#160
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
The Mega Men have beaten Zelda 2.
|
My Signature |
|
02-24-2010, 07:55 PM
|
#161
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittycal
Is there a fix for this Sir Kong?
|
No
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanc24
This was clarified earlier. It must be completed in Full Mode.
|
OK. Play Super Metroid in Full Mode with saves. First post updated.
|
My Signature |
|
02-24-2010, 11:05 PM
|
#162
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36
I just find it funny that you were only 9 points away from maxing out the score. That's unlikely and funny 
|
Hey, he could have picked the AC version instead, and everyone would have gotten 0 points, or ~40 if they beat the first level =P.
|
|
|
02-24-2010, 11:18 PM
|
#163
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk
Hey, he could have picked the AC version instead, and everyone would have gotten 0 points, or ~40 if they beat the first level =P.
|
True. We could have all had a 32 way tie.
I love the arcade game, but is a seriously brutal quarter muncher. In retrospect, maybe I should have chosen it so we could extend the contest out until Christmas. 
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
02-24-2010, 11:19 PM
|
#164
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
you just have to contradict me, don't you
probably because I hassle you...
---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------
Quote:
True. We could have all had a 32 way tie.
I love the arcade game, but is a seriously brutal quarter muncher. In retrospect, maybe I should have chosen it so we could extend the contest out until Christmas.
|
You're a cruel beast :`(
|
|
|
02-24-2010, 11:22 PM
|
#165
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebagel
True. We could have all had a 32 way tie.
I love the arcade game, but is a seriously brutal quarter muncher. In retrospect, maybe I should have chosen it so we could extend the contest out until Christmas. 
|
1945k 3 will take care of that.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
02-24-2010, 11:27 PM
|
#166
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13
1945k 3 will take care of that.
|
It looks that way so far. Interesting choice Steven. Ouch!
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
02-24-2010, 11:29 PM
|
#167
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36
I just find it funny that you were only 9 points away from maxing out the score. That's unlikely and funny 
|
Actually, that 9999999 score is a typo. The game maxes out at 9999990.
I'm still stuck on Level 3.  I'm sure it gets easier after that, right?
|
My Signature |
|
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!

02-24-2010, 11:31 PM
|
#168
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
I got to the elevator stage so far... not sure whats left.
---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 AM ----------
Alot of trial and error, witch is kinda lame.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
02-25-2010, 01:36 AM
|
#169
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanc24
Actually, that 9999999 score is a typo. The game maxes out at 9999990.
|
Correct. Fixed. Also WB, you have a 999,990 score on the surf level so I don't think it is possible to get the last 9 points.
Quote:
I'm still stuck on Level 3. I'm sure it gets easier after that, right?
|
Actually, yes. Level 3 is one of the hardest levels, I think.
|
My Signature |
|
02-25-2010, 01:50 AM
|
#170
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
The speed bike thing is, yes :-l
|
|
|
02-25-2010, 04:07 AM
|
#171
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Speed bike is easy with my new tvc arcade stick
---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebagel
It looks that way so far. Interesting choice Steven. Ouch!
|
tenser, sabby, classic gamer... id believe them if they did it but otherwise it impossible.
---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13
Speed bike is easy with my new tvc arcade stick
---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------
tenser, sabby, classic gamer... id believe them if they did it but otherwise it impossible.
|
Now that I think about it, it's impossible, and a chance at a place in video game history, and it's fun as hell.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
02-25-2010, 07:08 AM
|
#172
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Speed Bikes are among the hardest things i have tried to do. I'm not playing it for the contest, but whats sad is its so hard, i cant beat it even with savestates.
|
My Signature |
|
02-25-2010, 07:30 AM
|
#173
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong
Correct. Fixed. Also WB, you have a 999,990 score on the surf level so I don't think it is possible to get the last 9 points.
Actually, yes. Level 3 is one of the hardest levels, I think.
|
Okay. My bad then Kong. I get confused between the different Battletoads games. Some cap at 999,950, and I think others go to 999,999. I just know I love the series.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
02-25-2010, 09:32 AM
|
#174
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
I heard the sequels weren't good...
|
|
|
02-25-2010, 09:40 AM
|
#175
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36
I heard the sequels weren't good...
|
I guess it's up to individual opinion. I like them all, but my favorites are the original and Battletoads for Game Boy. I still like Battle Toads Double Dragon and Battlemaniacs, though.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.
|