07-10-2008, 05:33 PM
|
#151
|
|
|
Re: The Venting Board (or more work for the mods)
Lol Uncle sabby
|
My Signature |
|
07-11-2008, 05:41 AM
|
#152
|
|
|
Re: The Venting Board (or more work for the mods)
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tails
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by somedude21
Like you? (come on, you have 3k posts)
|
just because someone has 3k posts does not mean they spam.
|
Are you saying you weren't guilty of spamming when you first got here?
|
My Signature |
|
07-11-2008, 06:31 AM
|
#153
|
|
|
Re: The Venting Board (or more work for the mods)
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tenser
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Does this mean I'm not invited to your party? (btw you never told me what they mean, PM if it's not cool to post)
|
I just asked if you have ever attended one. I don't recall stating that I was hosting one. Want to know what they are? Here's a link: www.google.com
|
Or in the time it took to post this you could've just told me. 
To answer the question, no I've never been to one of those parties. Don't think I'd be interested but who knows?
|
My Signature |
|
07-11-2008, 06:46 AM
|
#154
|
|
|
Re: The Venting Board (or more work for the mods)
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tenser
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Does this mean I'm not invited to your party? (btw you never told me what they mean, PM if it's not cool to post)
|
I just asked if you have ever attended one. I don't recall stating that I was hosting one. Want to know what they are? Here's a link: www.google.com
|
Or in the time it took to post this you could've just told me. 
To answer the question, no I've never been to one of those parties. Don't think I'd be interested but who knows?
|
I don't think I could have explained those in twenty-eight words or less.
Anyways, if you want to discuss it further we can open up a NSFW thread in our team forum or the hero forum.
|
My Signature |
|
07-11-2008, 08:13 PM
|
#155
|
|
|
Re: The Venting Board (or more work for the mods)
lol i dont thing a NSFW thread would go down well....
|
My Signature |
|
"...The people living there know thirst, hunger, disease, they suffer all these things and in the end, they grow old and die. But for one brief moment they shine as bright as the sun, because they know these hardships, they also know the meaning of happiness..."

07-11-2008, 09:05 PM
|
#156
|
|
|
Re: The Venting Board (or more work for the mods)
I hate how I cant play WoW >=(
|
My Signature |
|
07-12-2008, 10:15 AM
|
#157
|
|
|
Re: The Venting Board (or more work for the mods)
I hate how working sucks until I get paid.
|
|
|
07-12-2008, 10:37 AM
|
#158
|
|
|
Re: The Venting Board (or more work for the mods)
I hate how my camera for making YouTube videos sucks.
|
My Signature |
|
07-12-2008, 12:57 PM
|
#159
|
|
|
Re: The Venting Board (or more work for the mods)
I just thought of this and how it ticks me off
why in movies
such as oceans 11/12/13
they have the asian guy who speaks only in his language
yet they talk to him in english he understands then he answers in his language they understand then they talk to him in english again.
if he understands english why does he not just talk in english
they did this in hellboy 2 as well
the prince talks to the king in english the king answers in his language with subtitles then the prince answers in english
IF THE KING UNDERSTANDS ENGLISH THEN HAVE HIM TALK IN ENGLISH
or have the prince talk in the language and just have the whole conversation subtitled.
|
My Signature |
|
07-12-2008, 01:08 PM
|
#160
|
|
|
Re: The Venting Board (or more work for the mods)
lol, i know people who understand a language but have a problem with speaking, Lucy, Jonathan's mom, (i know, i know, you dont know them) can understand quite a bit of english, but she doesnt speak much at all, so it does happen, not commonly though
|
My Signature |
|
"...The people living there know thirst, hunger, disease, they suffer all these things and in the end, they grow old and die. But for one brief moment they shine as bright as the sun, because they know these hardships, they also know the meaning of happiness..."

07-12-2008, 02:40 PM
|
#161
|
|
|
Re: The Venting Board (or more work for the mods)
Typically fully understanding what's being said to you is the last thing mastered in a new language.
From my experience the degrees in difficulty from easiest to hardest are:
Reading
Writing
Speaking
Listening
|
My Signature |
|
07-12-2008, 02:42 PM
|
#162
|
|
|
Re: The Venting Board (or more work for the mods)
i dont know, my language learding experience so far has been
Easiest speaking
listening
reading
Hardest writing
|
My Signature |
|
"...The people living there know thirst, hunger, disease, they suffer all these things and in the end, they grow old and die. But for one brief moment they shine as bright as the sun, because they know these hardships, they also know the meaning of happiness..."

07-12-2008, 03:07 PM
|
#163
|
|
|
Re: The Venting Board (or more work for the mods)
Well I'm sure it's different for everyone. But I would assume that typically reading is the easiest because you can translate the words at your own pace and aren't thrown at you at 90mph. (Unless you're referring to a school curriculum. But the teacher is intentionally pacing herself as she speaks and only speaks in terms she expects you to understand so it's not coming even remotely close to real life conversation.) Also a lot of words look similar to English words. Lastly a lot of words sound very similar or exactly the same but are spelled differently.
English examples:
Red and read
Two and too
French example:
Et and es
|
My Signature |
|
07-12-2008, 04:42 PM
|
#164
|
|
|
Re: The Venting Board (or more work for the mods)
I hate magicians, arch mages, etc in MapleStory because they keep KSing >=(
|
My Signature |
|
07-12-2008, 09:15 PM
|
#165
|
|
|
Re: The Venting Board (or more work for the mods)
yeah, that is true, im not saying lucy understands english perfectly, but i think she keeps up when Jon, Kevin and I are having a conversation.
Thats the only point i was trying to say, but i completely understand your point, true understanding comes hard.
lol i dont go with school curriculum, i take it because i have to, i learn outside of school, kinda sad, that...
but yes, i know what your saying
Ex. German Wer, Wo, Was (its a V sound, to those who dont know, but im sure most of you guys know that already) are completely diff in meaning but in sound, arent that far apart,
|
My Signature |
|
"...The people living there know thirst, hunger, disease, they suffer all these things and in the end, they grow old and die. But for one brief moment they shine as bright as the sun, because they know these hardships, they also know the meaning of happiness..."

07-12-2008, 09:47 PM
|
#166
|
|
|
Re: The Venting Board (or more work for the mods)
Tenser and Timberwolf covered what I was gonna say pretty much, but, I think the reason why movies do it is to make the character more mysterious or to hammer home the point that they're not from around here. Most main stream movies are made with the lowest common denominator in mind. Keep it simple for the simple people.
|
My Signature |
|
07-12-2008, 10:06 PM
|
#167
|
|
|
Re: The Venting Board (or more work for the mods)
Both characters might be able to speak each others language but each is more comfortable using their native tongue. Which ends up being a conversation of two languages, back and forth. As odd as it sounds its actually common.
Example one:
When I go to Canada to visit family if they ask me a question in French I will generally reply in English even though I'm near fluent in French. I'm much more comfortable in using English than French. The only exception is when something just doesn't translate well.
Example two:
I work with a lot of latinos and the ones born around here will speak in English while the ones born outside of the country will reply in Spanish.
|
My Signature |
|
07-12-2008, 10:34 PM
|
#168
|
|
|
Re: The Venting Board (or more work for the mods)
I hate how we are off topic
|
My Signature |
|
07-12-2008, 10:46 PM
|
#169
|
|
|
Re: The Venting Board (or more work for the mods)
I hate how you seem to care when we go 'off topic'.
This is the spam and junk section, can we really be off topic? Does it really matter?
|
My Signature |
|
07-12-2008, 10:50 PM
|
#170
|
|
|
Re: The Venting Board (or more work for the mods)
I hate how you haven't read the rules to the Spam and Junk section. You can not go off topic in this section.
|
My Signature |
|
07-12-2008, 10:51 PM
|
#171
|
|
|
Re: The Venting Board (or more work for the mods)
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tenser
I hate how you haven't read the rules to the Spam and Junk section. You can not go off topic in this section.
|
Who reads rules?
I just did.
Quote:
Keep all posts to a PG-13 level. Do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist or discriminatory.
Do not fight. Do not hold grudges. Get along or don't post.
Do not post advertisements.
|
Where's the off topic thing?
|
My Signature |
|
07-12-2008, 10:55 PM
|
#172
|
|
|
Re: The Venting Board (or more work for the mods)
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tenser
I hate how you haven't read the rules to the Spam and Junk section. You can not go off topic in this section.
|
Who reads rules?
|
Those who don't want to be slapped the ban hammer do. As well as those tasked to enforce them.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Kong
The only rules for this section are:
Keep all posts to a PG-13 level. Do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist or discriminatory.
Do not fight. Do not hold grudges. Get along or don't post.
Do not post advertisements.
|
|
My Signature |
|
07-12-2008, 10:55 PM
|
#173
|
|
|
Re: The Venting Board (or more work for the mods)
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tenser
I hate how you haven't read the rules to the Spam and Junk section. You can not go off topic in this section.
|
Then how come you were taking part of the off-topic discussion?
|
My Signature |
|
07-12-2008, 10:57 PM
|
#174
|
|
|
Re: The Venting Board (or more work for the mods)
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tenser
You can not go off topic in this section.
|
[br] Posted on: July 12, 2008, 11:56:36 PM_________________________________________________W hat part of that sentence is confusing the two of you?
|
My Signature |
|
07-12-2008, 10:59 PM
|
#175
|
|
|
Re: The Venting Board (or more work for the mods)
Everything. You say "You can not go off topic", but you make it sound like you can.
|
My Signature |
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 AM.
|