Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
All Other Games Talk about video games we don't have online.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > All Other Games

View Poll Results: Xbox Natal?
I'll try it but it is probably just a lame novelty. 7 28.00%
Awsome, I'll be preordering. 2 8.00%
Hey, what about a third option?! 16 64.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2011, 08:25 PM   #126
Winnebagel's Avatar
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,609 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Winnebagel

Re: Kinect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
Yeah I'm one of the developers. I made all of the graphics and status bars at the top. As I said it was a semester long class project, and our group had to demo it in front of industry members yesterday.
Nice job. That is pretty innovative.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk
My mom bought an Xbox360/Kinect bundle for herself for Christmas. I'm never home (in a college dorm most of the year) so I haven't played it much, but I did play multiplayer with her. It's pretty fun. If you want extra excercise then yes it can be a great tool, the games I played all yelled at me whenever I tried sitting down =P. The volleyball game on Kinect Sports is especially demanding because it forces you to jump a lot.
That's cool. That would be my main motivation to get one. I bought a Wii for the same reason, but I find that most of the games I want to play on Wii are the less active ones (i.e. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.). I saw a couple of kids playing a boxing game on Kinect and it looked super active. That made me start to take more notice.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I think you'd like it WB. It's a little pricey to get just for some cardio but I'm sure you can afford it.
I'll have to check it out. I feel like I hardly play my Xbox anymore and I think it might be fun to get a little extra activity.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 05-11-2011, 12:45 PM   #127
jim5cents's Avatar
 
jim5cents

Re: Kinect

@SC 6-10 months. I gotta think of something really tasty for your avatar.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:57 PM   #128
jim5cents's Avatar
 
jim5cents

Re: Kinect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim5cents
@SC, just so you know, I'm still holding you to the bet that you thought MS would close shop on the Xbox 6-10 months after the Kinect is released. We are at 4 months, 17 days.
I think I over estimated how quickly the general public would catch on, but yes, I remember our bet.
I forgot about this...are we ready to call it?
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:33 PM   #129
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: Kinect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim5cents View Post
I forgot about this...are we ready to call it?
Well it did close shop in Japan, so....
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 11-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #130
jim5cents's Avatar
 
jim5cents

Re: Kinect

So, are you Japanese? I'm just going to call you Tojo from now on. And MS isn't pulling out, retailers just aren't selling it.

And it has nothing to do with Kinect, it wasn't selling there before that and it is all due to Sony's marketing strategy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQa4HHkhwVg]Sony: Because Caucasians are just too damn tall. - YouTube[/ame]

But hey, if you want to be a girly man and not live up to your bet...
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:14 PM   #131
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: Kinect

Nope, do as you will.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 11-11-2011, 03:22 PM   #132
jim5cents's Avatar
 
jim5cents

Re: Kinect

Alright, I'll message you something in a bit
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #133
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Kinect

I just wanna point out that Xbox is doing well right now. MW3, BF3, Gears of war, Skyrim, Batman, ect are all selling really well and blowing up the forums. Kinect is not doing well and is usually mocked by most people. Despite that it's still selling and some games are coming out for it.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #134
Seahawk's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,154 posts
Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Seahawk

Re: Kinect

Ironically, even though Microsoft intended Kinect to be an Xbox 360 seller, it's found surprising success selling on its own for other (non-gaming) applications.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #135
jim5cents's Avatar
 
jim5cents

Re: Kinect

Such as?
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:34 PM   #136
Seahawk's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,154 posts
Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Seahawk

Re: Kinect

Kinect Hacks - Supporting the Kinect Hacking news and community
Kinect And Hack -- Engadget
Google Search for Kinect
Kinect Projects | CreativeApplications.Net
Kinect hacks - Hack a Day
Project I worked on in the spring
Kinect Robot

Probably a lot more to come since Microsoft released an official software development kit for Windows over the summer. Lots of open source drivers available too.

Last edited by Seahawk; 11-11-2011 at 04:36 PM..
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:35 PM   #137
Blue Shoe 2's Avatar
Regular Poster
751 posts
Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Blue Shoe 2 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Blue Shoe 2

Re: Kinect

Some games like Gunstringer utilize it really well. Others don't. Its a game to game thing.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
( Click to show/hide )


This spoiler contains ponies.
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 AM.

» vBadvanced CMPS