| Team Contests The 4 Retro Uprising teams do battle in a team contest about once a month. |
|
06-01-2009, 02:57 PM
|
#126
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest IV - Tournament I
Brings me to tears knowing I could've beat the score. And I will.
|
|
|
06-01-2009, 03:49 PM
|
#128
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest IV - Tournament I
|
|
|
06-01-2009, 08:12 PM
|
#130
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest IV - Tournament I
anyone know specifically when the tournament ends? do i have till midnight tonight or is it tommorrow?
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
06-01-2009, 09:19 PM
|
#131
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest IV - Tournament I
I'm grounded for now, but i'll find time. Almost without a doubt as long as i beat the 3rd boss easily.
|
|
|
06-01-2009, 09:54 PM
|
#132
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest IV - Tournament I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong
I gave you the two turns back Dudebro. Test and make sure it loads in aOX score mode before trying the tournament again.
|
Nope doesn't work. No idea why since it was working before. Should I reinstall ArcadeOX?
|
|
|
06-02-2009, 07:17 PM
|
#134
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest IV - Tournament I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
|
Tenser, it looks like there was an error when the score was approved. I zoomed in on both scores Tenser and here is what I see (feel free to verify this for yourself): Count's Score: 394 depth and Josh's Score: 718 depth.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
06-02-2009, 08:03 PM
|
#135
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest IV - Tournament I
well if josh's first score was 370, i think is safe to say he probably beat 394 (i got an avatar on the line here)
---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------
okay i knew granada was done, and now digger
who won my house and earth defense force?
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
06-02-2009, 08:43 PM
|
#136
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest IV - Tournament I
I took down "My House"
Gamenguru took out Earth Defense Force.
So, how does this Balloon Fight round work? Will it be the same but with 3 rounds and 8 participants? 5 tries/round?
|
My Signature |
|
06-02-2009, 09:29 PM
|
#137
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest IV - Tournament I
Depth of 718ft confirmed.
@Steven: As for our bet, thus far it's GOM - 2 (Brody and Tanc), VB - 0. I believe the best you can do now is tie. If either Dudebro wins in his own game or you or Jim loses, your avatar belongs to me for a month.
|
My Signature |
|
06-02-2009, 09:42 PM
|
#138
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest IV - Tournament I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
Depth of 718ft confirmed.
@Steven: As for our bet, thus far it's GOM - 2 (Brody and Tanc), VB - 0. I believe the best you can do now is tie. If either Dudebro wins in his own game or you or Jim loses, your avatar belongs to me for a month.
|
you sob
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
06-02-2009, 11:43 PM
|
#139
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest IV - Tournament I
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRODYMAN
So, how does this Balloon Fight round work? Will it be the same but with 3 rounds and 8 participants? 5 tries/round?
|
I wondered the same thing Brody. If we go by last round's format, there is a good chance that two members from the same team will face off against one another.
Perhaps we do 3 elimination rounds. Bottom 4 scores get bounced the first round, bottom 2 the second round, and then last man standing to win it all.
Kong is gone for several days. This decision will probably fall on the shoulders of Tenser or some other high ranking mod.
|
My Signature |
|
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!

06-03-2009, 06:03 AM
|
#140
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest IV - Tournament I
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanc24
This decision will probably fall on the shoulders of Tenser or some other high ranking mod.
|
You don't have the clout to make that call yourself
Pansy.
I have no problem with a Quarter->Semi->Finals type system, I just think the brackets should be set to avoid having team members face each other until absolutely necessary.
|
My Signature |
|
06-03-2009, 07:44 AM
|
#141
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest IV - Tournament I
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanc24
Kong is gone for several days. This decision will probably fall on the shoulders of Tenser or some other high ranking mod.
|
Do we know when he is returning? He was also overseeing the bonus game situation, so I think he might have to create the tournament for that reason as well. I believe some people were sending him game endings directly.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
06-03-2009, 09:06 AM
|
#142
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest IV - Tournament I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebagel
He was also overseeing the bonus game situation, so I think he might have to create the tournament for that reason as well. I believe some people were sending him game endings directly.
|
That is the only problem with starting up the final tournament.
Here's what we will do. Unless Kong comes on earlier everyone will have to midnight (EST, i.e. approx 14 hours after this posting) tonight to finish their tournament submissions and bonus games. This will have given everyone a week to submit 5 scores.
At that time I will force end the tournaments. If no team has submitted all four bonus games by then, the extra entry will go to the first team that completed three of the four entries.
Any questions or issues with this?
|
My Signature |
|
06-03-2009, 10:06 AM
|
#143
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest IV - Tournament I
That sounds good overall. The only situation is that if a game ending was sent directly to Kong there may not be a way to verify today that it was completed.
I would hope all the captains would be honest about how many games their team completed (if no one can access Kong's messages which I believe they cannot), but otherwise it may be difficult to resubmit some of the endings for games that don't have saves (like SFII Turbo for example). I know how many games my team has finished, but that would be my only concerm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
That is the only problem with starting up the final tournament.
Here's what we will do. Unless Kong comes on earlier everyone will have to midnight (EST, i.e. approx 14 hours after this posting) tonight to finish their tournament submissions and bonus games. This will have given everyone a week to submit 5 scores.
At that time I will force end the tournaments. If no team has submitted all four bonus games by then, the extra entry will go to the first team that completed three of the four entries.
Any questions or issues with this?
|
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
06-03-2009, 11:21 AM
|
#144
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest IV - Tournament I
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Brodyman
I have no problem with a Quarter->Semi->Finals type system, I just think the brackets should be set to avoid having team members face each other until absolutely necessary.
|
not hard to do if a team has two entries, then just put them on opposite sides of the bracket, if they have 3+, then no first round match ups.
|
|
|
06-03-2009, 12:10 PM
|
#145
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest IV - Tournament I
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRODYMAN
You don't have the clout to make that call yourself
Pansy.
|
That cut deep, Brody.  I thought my Maine roots were stronger than that.
I'm fine with waiting on starting the Final Tournament until Kong returns. I trust all the teams here to give honest answers regarding when the bonus games were completed, so either way works for me.
A few observations from the first set of tournaments:
Closest Finals matchup - Winnebagel vs. Jim5cents
5cents ekes out a 4,000 point victory.
Biggest upset - Gamenguru over Cam3ron
Cam's score wasn't exactly chump change, either. Very, very impressive win by the Guru.
Least surprising victory - Tanc24 over everyone else ;D
|
My Signature |
|
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!

06-03-2009, 12:20 PM
|
#146
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest IV - Tournament I
where do we see the results? the games just dissapear from the tournament page when there done.
im curious as to what jim and begals scores are.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
06-03-2009, 12:25 PM
|
#147
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest IV - Tournament I
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanc24
I'm fine with waiting on starting the Final Tournament until Kong returns. I trust all the teams here to give honest answers regarding when the bonus games were completed, so either way works for me.
A few observations from the first set of tournaments:
Closest Finals matchup - Winnebagel vs. Jim5cents
5cents ekes out a 4,000 point victory.
Biggest upset - Gamenguru over Cam3ron
Cam's score wasn't exactly chump change, either. Very, very impressive win by the Guru.
Least surprising victory - Tanc24 over everyone else ;D
|
I concur. I am fine waiting until Kong returns. As far as bonus games, I think any game endings submitted to Kong (or in the forum) by yesterday (or whenever the cut off was or is supposed to be) should count. I think beyond that, we should respect Kong's original given time frame.
That DK score was painful, as we were separated points wise by less than one level's points, but Jim earned his score and deserves props.
Yeah my bro did really well in Super E.D.F. Cam did really well too, but he didn't end up scoring as high in the last match as he normally does. Both guys deserve congrats for their scores in that tough game and should maybe consider a rematch one day to prove the ultimate Super E.D.F. champion. (Maybe Jim and I should too in a future DK rematch).
Also, I am still in amazement at Josh's score in Digger T Rock. Count's score was very respectable in its own right, but Josh set a very nice score in that one.
Way to go Brodyman as well. Everyone who has participated has performed well in this tournament.
Congrats to your Granada score Tanc too. It's nice to see that you remain humble. 
---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13
where do we see the results? the games just dissapear from the tournament page when there done.
im curious as to what jim and begals scores are.
|
If you go to the Tournaments section, click on Finished Tournaments to see the historical tournamet results.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
06-03-2009, 01:55 PM
|
#148
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest IV - Tournament I
how come the results page has cameron listed as dq'ed and not eliminated?
|
|
|
06-03-2009, 02:37 PM
|
#149
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest IV - Tournament I
To answer some questions.
The entries is the final tournament will be randomly placed. You could very well go against another teammate in the first round. This was a part of the contest when Kong and I brainstormed it up.
Winnebagel and Tanc have both agreed to the honesty system for bonus games. If Steven and NinjaTiamat agree as well we can go along with the final tournament tomorrow. If not, then it will have to wait until Kong returns.
The reason it says Cameron was disqualified instead of eliminated is because I had to force the winner to advance. As I'm sure you're all well aware of, the tournament system is a bit screwey. It didn't auto-advance either Josh or Cam even though it said both had submitted 5 times.
---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------
Also, don't pay attention to the Balloon Fight tournament, that was just me testing out the system and my limitations with it.
|
My Signature |
|
06-03-2009, 02:44 PM
|
#150
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest IV - Tournament I
The honesty system is fine. I trust everyone here.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
| Thread |
Thread Starter |
Forum |
Replies |
Last Post |
|
Next Team Contest?
|
Kong |
Closed Contests |
23 |
05-01-2009 11:16 AM |
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 PM.
|