| Game Series Game lists to help you find new games to play. |
|
|
View Poll Results: Top 10 Games of the Last Decade
|
|
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Gamecube)
|
  
|
15 |
9.68% |
|
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
|
  
|
32 |
20.65% |
|
Devil May Cry (PS2)
|
  
|
2 |
1.29% |
|
Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
|
  
|
2 |
1.29% |
|
Half-Life 2 (PC/Xbox)
|
  
|
12 |
7.74% |
|
Metroid Prime (Gamecube)
|
  
|
12 |
7.74% |
|
Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox)
|
  
|
10 |
6.45% |
|
Resident Evil 4 (Multiple Platforms)
|
  
|
16 |
10.32% |
|
Grand Theft Auto III (Multiple Platforms)
|
  
|
30 |
19.35% |
|
World of Warcraft (PC)
|
  
|
9 |
5.81% |
|
Other: Explain
|
  
|
15 |
9.68% |
08-11-2013, 12:54 PM
|
#101
|
|
|
Re: Gametrailers: Top 10 games of the decade.
Who's saying it should be?
|
My Signature |
|
08-11-2013, 03:45 PM
|
#102
|
|
|
Re: Gametrailers: Top 10 games of the decade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Who's saying it should be?
|
Thousands of people, probably millions, all over the world.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
08-11-2013, 04:06 PM
|
#103
|
|
|
Re: Gametrailers: Top 10 games of the decade.
Oh so you mean anecdotal "evidence" like gamefaqs polls? Ok then I got my own anecdote, I've never heard/read anyone making that claim. I guess we cancel each other out?
|
My Signature |
|
08-11-2013, 04:18 PM
|
#104
|
|
|
Re: Gametrailers: Top 10 games of the decade.
My point is that Doom doesn't get the credit it deserves. What's your point?
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
08-11-2013, 08:42 PM
|
#105
|
|
|
Re: Gametrailers: Top 10 games of the decade.
My point is I've never seen that to be true. Doom is widely recognized as the father of modern FPS games. Or mother, w/e.
|
My Signature |
|
08-12-2013, 02:17 AM
|
#106
|
|
|
Re: Gametrailers: Top 10 games of the decade.
Watch this documentary and see if you still feel the same way:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pek_JxmPonM]A Visit to id Software (Part 1/3) - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDdrg-z4cA8"]A Visit to id Software (Part 2/3) - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krESUsuQMto"]A Visit to id Software (Part 3/3) - YouTube[/ame]
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
08-12-2013, 02:45 AM
|
#107
|
|
|
Re: Gametrailers: Top 10 games of the decade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13
Watch this documentary and see if you still feel the same way:
|
Where in those videos did anyone say that Doom is not important to FPS evolution?
|
|
|
08-12-2013, 03:36 AM
|
#108
|
|
|
Re: Gametrailers: Top 10 games of the decade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkN
Where in those videos did anyone say that Doom is not important to FPS evolution?
|
My point is that Doom does not get the respect it deserves, watch the videos, and see if you have any new found respect for it.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
08-12-2013, 07:10 AM
|
#109
|
|
|
Re: Gametrailers: Top 10 games of the decade.
So this list gets to be based on entirely historical influence or does quality of the game in question counts? Because while great games tend to be the starters of important trends they aren't always the best games in their respective genre that were spawned during that decade.
|
|
|
08-12-2013, 09:26 AM
|
#110
|
|
|
Re: Gametrailers: Top 10 games of the decade.
@Steven- So you want me to watch those videos(which I've already seen) to get a better appreciation for a game I already called the father and/or mother of modern FPS? I don't get it.
@Bentley- I'm not sure how Gametrailers decided on these but I think most of us agree they didn't do a great job.
|
My Signature |
|
08-12-2013, 10:01 AM
|
#111
|
|
|
Re: Gametrailers: Top 10 games of the decade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13
My point is that Doom does not get the respect it deserves, watch the videos, and see if you have any new found respect for it.
|
Doom is a classic with fun, on the fly combat. It's very enjoyable and was the foundation on which ID Software made games like Quake. I don't need to watch some documentary of the developers to know that.
|
|
|
08-12-2013, 11:56 AM
|
#112
|
|
|
Re: Gametrailers: Top 10 games of the decade.
For christs sake, are you guys dense? For the third time I will repeat myself: "I don't think Doom gets the credit it deserves" Is that such a hard concept to grasp?
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
08-12-2013, 12:32 PM
|
#113
|
|
|
Re: Gametrailers: Top 10 games of the decade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13
For christs sake, are you guys dense? For the third time I will repeat myself: "I don't think Doom gets the credit it deserves" Is that such a hard concept to grasp?
|
I think I might just have to settle out of the conversation with "I don't get it."
You seem volley back and forth between the ideas that "People don't respect Doom." and "We don't respect Doom." whenever anyone addresses either idea.
I'm given to believe that you're trolling right now, but at the same time I could believe that you really are this convinced that everyone else is short sighted.
|
|
|
08-12-2013, 03:12 PM
|
#114
|
|
|
Re: Gametrailers: Top 10 games of the decade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkN
"I don't get it."
|
I never once suggested either: "People don't respect Doom." and "We don't respect Doom." Where do you see me saying that?
So again, for the fourth time now I will repeat myself, "I don't think Doom gets the credit it deserves", how can you not understand that? Stop trying to attribute other factors to it, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
Last edited by Slime Slayer; 08-12-2013 at 03:15 PM..
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
08-12-2013, 08:55 PM
|
#115
|
|
|
Re: Gametrailers: Top 10 games of the decade.
Well maybe you should stop listening to gamefaqs opinions? I always see Doom and Wolfenstein credited over stuff like goldeneye.
I just did a couple google searches and 99% of the FPS lists have Doom and Wolfenstein on there. Goldeneye too but for console only reasons.
Last edited by Dudebro; 08-12-2013 at 09:13 PM..
|
My Signature |
|
08-12-2013, 10:52 PM
|
#116
|
|
|
Re: Gametrailers: Top 10 games of the decade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Well maybe you should stop listening to gamefaqs opinions?
|
The only time I ever go to Gamefaqs is for a faq/walkthrough if I ever get stuck in a game. My opinion is not based on anything specific, just my own intuition based on the data I have retained over the last 20 years. I know that Doom does get a ton of credit, but I don't think the average gamer has a good understanding of just how incredible of an accomplishment it was.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
08-13-2013, 09:31 AM
|
#117
|
|
|
Re: Gametrailers: Top 10 games of the decade.
Oh so this is like your thing with atheism. You see some people(reddit) being mean therefore most atheists are mean. Facts and research be damned. Anecdotal evidence ftw!
|
My Signature |
|
08-13-2013, 01:14 PM
|
#118
|
|
|
Re: Gametrailers: Top 10 games of the decade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Oh so this is like your thing with atheism. You see some people(reddit) being mean therefore most atheists are mean. Facts and research be damned. Anecdotal evidence ftw!
|
Anything to add to the conversation? Or just more of your slander?
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
08-13-2013, 01:48 PM
|
#119
|
|
|
Re: Gametrailers: Top 10 games of the decade.
I am adding to the conversation. You're having another "gut feeling not based in reality" moment and I wanted the readers to be aware so they can make sense of your last few posts.
|
My Signature |
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 PM.
|