| Closed Contests Completed/Closed/Finished/Game Over/Archive of Expired Contests |
|
03-07-2013, 06:14 PM
|
#102
|
|
|
Re: Capture the Flag - March '13 Contest With a Big Prize
Although that would help, I don't necessarily agree. If Fudgy takes his Loopz score back, he's back in first. If I can take Star Trek and Space Fury, I'll only be one point back. Lots of time left in the month and I think there will be more than one gamer who keeps all of their flags. IMO it comes down to whoever can capture the most "other" flags.
|
|
|
03-07-2013, 06:39 PM
|
#103
|
|
|
Re: Capture the Flag - March '13 Contest With a Big Prize
Still early days!!
|
My Signature |
|
03-07-2013, 06:57 PM
|
#104
|
|
|
Re: Capture the Flag - March '13 Contest With a Big Prize
indeed. i'm probably gonna forget about it then try to crunch it later like I always do.....not saying it's a good method, but eh.
|
|
|
03-07-2013, 06:58 PM
|
#105
|
|
|
Re: Capture the Flag - March '13 Contest With a Big Prize
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper
If Fudgy takes his Loopz score back
|
When I read this I thought someone finally beat the high score
It might be an obvious hint but it might help someone- turn the level up to get more points. It gets really fast but you have to put up less lines to get a high score.
|
My Signature |
|
03-07-2013, 07:12 PM
|
#106
|
|
|
Re: Capture the Flag - March '13 Contest With a Big Prize
I'll try to get the high score, I already got 40k last time (still waiting to be verified), 60 shouldn't be too much of a stretch, but I'm surprised nobody is challenging my Simpsons score more, in an actual arcade I usually die at the zombies but almost never get past the drunk in the tavern?
|
|
|
03-07-2013, 07:47 PM
|
#107
|
|
|
Re: Capture the Flag - March '13 Contest With a Big Prize
cheers fella's!!!!
what a great bunch you are!!
even with all your info, i will find it hard as these are all new to me. 1 month is no way near enough time.
after a year or so, i may be able to compete better.
no doubt i will ask about another game or two soon. right now i just finished playing raiden, about 20 times. it is nice, but hard from level 2.
talk soon, guys,
all the best,
paul,.
|
My Signature |
|
if i beat your score, i'm sorry.
or am i?

03-07-2013, 08:33 PM
|
#108
|
|
|
Re: Capture the Flag - March '13 Contest With a Big Prize
I still think it is a good strategy to try to build your own sets of 5 and break up anyone else's set of five. And right now Barra is the only one with a full set.
|
My Signature |
|
03-07-2013, 08:42 PM
|
#109
|
|
|
Re: Capture the Flag - March '13 Contest With a Big Prize
Kernzy - Ive only ever played 2 or 3 of the games besides the ones in my list. (before this contest started). The person who wins this will be the one who can adapt the quickest to games they have never played before.
@Razeluxe - not a bad a strategy by any means. Provided you can put up some decent scores in a small amount of time.
|
My Signature |
|
03-07-2013, 10:29 PM
|
#110
|
|
|
Re: Capture the Flag - March '13 Contest With a Big Prize
I'm thinking this won't be decided until the last few hours. Someone is going to drop some scores right before the deadline and there won't be time to do anything about it. This is a very interesting scoring system but one where the standings can change drastically with just a couple of new scores. Gonna be some fun 
|
|
|
03-07-2013, 10:53 PM
|
#111
|
|
|
Re: Capture the Flag - March '13 Contest With a Big Prize
I broke Barra's set and Fudgy built his. Causing a bih score change.
|
My Signature |
|
03-07-2013, 11:19 PM
|
#112
|
|
|
Re: Capture the Flag - March '13 Contest With a Big Prize
Yeah, I like the scoring system. The owning of a set being worth so much is cool, both for incentive to own a set, and also to explore others games.
Also, regretting the Super Off Road Choice. Honestly only played the Arcade one (genesis a bit too) a lot back a few year ago. It's scored differently, at least from the arcade version I had (Xbox Midway arcade hits 3). The SNES one scores based off the money which is just stupid. You have to spend all your money every round pretty much. So, that'll be a tough one. SNES one also seems more difficult than the arcade one, and the Genesis one. Don't know why I didn't just pick the Genesis or arcade version. Oh well, I'm up for the challenge when I have the time.
Edit: Also, quick question. What framerate (%) did my Dino City and Super EDF submissions come in at, in contrast to one of the NES games I submitted? I seem to have trouble keeping a consistent framerate at rare moments unless I prop my Laptop up off the desk, and even then it heats up pretty bad with SNES games. No problem with NES games though. Sad my computer can't even handle SNES now :P
Last edited by CatalystiCam; 03-07-2013 at 11:26 PM..
|
|
|
03-08-2013, 12:27 AM
|
#113
|
|
|
Re: Capture the Flag - March '13 Contest With a Big Prize
Check you fan speed to see if it's working properly and have someone clean out you filter. Another minor thing you can do is reduce the work of your proccessor by reduceing the display properties of your screen and change your windows theme to the basic classic version and obviously enough you should also close all unsed programs.
I know how much of a problem this can be as the same thing happened to me a few years ago, at worst you'll eventually have to replace the fan, or HDD and/or your battery will start to get damaged from your system overheating too much.
|
|
|
03-08-2013, 09:28 AM
|
#114
|
|
|
Re: Capture the Flag - March '13 Contest With a Big Prize
Quote:
Check you fan speed to see if it's working properly and have someone clean out you filter. Another minor thing you can do is reduce the work of your proccessor by reduceing the display properties of your screen and change your windows theme to the basic classic version and obviously enough you should also close all unsed programs.
I know how much of a problem this can be as the same thing happened to me a few years ago, at worst you'll eventually have to replace the fan, or HDD and/or your battery will start to get damaged from your system overheating too much.
|
I'm aware of most of these, yeah. Not sure, nor do I think I have the means to clean out my fan though. This is a laptop after all. I think I might go with the classic thing. I know display can make a difference. I put it on 800x600 resolution whenever I watch hockey online. It's not like it can't handle a lot of this, it just chutters when it heats up. Again, no problem with NES though. Scared to even try Coin op.
Thanks though, I hope I don't already have to replace the HDD. The only thing that's relatively new in this computer. Computer is 6 years old, and the hard drive is 1 year old.
|
|
|
03-08-2013, 11:49 AM
|
#115
|
|
|
Re: Capture the Flag - March '13 Contest With a Big Prize
Just take your computer to a local computer doctor place and they'll clean your filter for a minal fee probably same day, just don't take it to a retailer (like Bestbuy) the will almost certainy force you to go through the full check-up service.
|
|
|
03-08-2013, 06:08 PM
|
#116
|
|
|
Re: Capture the Flag - March '13 Contest With a Big Prize
good evening guys,
if any of you lot would like to offer advice about the street fighter games in this tourney, that would be superb. never played these, but i see there is a massive following and many tournaments all the time, may be worth a looksee.
seems i can't even hit the guy!!!
ha!!
cheers all, be lucky.
paul.
---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------
in "88 games", do we stop after 1 round or keep going?
cheers!
|
My Signature |
|
if i beat your score, i'm sorry.
or am i?

03-08-2013, 07:52 PM
|
#117
|
|
|
Re: Capture the Flag - March '13 Contest With a Big Prize
Keep going kernzy!!
|
My Signature |
|
03-08-2013, 08:05 PM
|
#118
|
|
|
Re: Capture the Flag - March '13 Contest With a Big Prize
is there a problem with swapping buttons between events?
for example, when it gets to skeet shooting, the controls change, so a run button becomes the shoot button, and i use joystick to run. it's very confusing, using "left" to shoot and the shoot button to go "right"!!!
|
My Signature |
|
if i beat your score, i'm sorry.
or am i?

03-08-2013, 08:30 PM
|
#119
|
|
|
Re: Capture the Flag - March '13 Contest With a Big Prize
No, because the game does not auto-pause while changing input controls, the pause part would only be an issue if you need to make major changes to the controls, as it takes some time to change the controls.
|
|
|
03-08-2013, 08:54 PM
|
#120
|
|
|
Re: Capture the Flag - March '13 Contest With a Big Prize
OH! speaking of changing controls, something I've been meaning to ask for a while. What do you do to make it not say (X or A or Z or S)? I just keep adding buttons until it resets.
|
|
|
03-08-2013, 08:56 PM
|
#121
|
|
|
Re: Capture the Flag - March '13 Contest With a Big Prize
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeluxe
OH! speaking of changing controls, something I've been meaning to ask for a while. What do you do to make it not say (X or A or Z or S)? I just keep adding buttons until it resets.
|
Highlight the button you want to change. Hit enter. Here is where you would change the key. Instead just hit escape and it will say none. Then you can change it again.
|
|
|
03-10-2013, 07:31 PM
|
#122
|
|
|
Re: Capture the Flag - March '13 Contest With a Big Prize
For Dracula Crazy Vampire the game glitches and goes white at one of the doorways in egypt before the mummy.
|
|
|
03-13-2013, 02:09 PM
|
#123
|
|
|
Re: Capture the Flag - March '13 Contest With a Big Prize
|
My Signature |
|
03-13-2013, 03:14 PM
|
#124
|
|
|
Re: Capture the Flag - March '13 Contest With a Big Prize
ha haaaaa!!!!
you drew first blood, mate!!!
ha haaaa!!

|
My Signature |
|
if i beat your score, i'm sorry.
or am i?

03-14-2013, 07:29 AM
|
#125
|
|
|
Re: Capture the Flag - March '13 Contest With a Big Prize
yeah I saw that fudgy we are looking into it
|
My Signature |
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 PM.
|