Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Team Contests The 4 Retro Uprising teams do battle in a team contest about once a month.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Contests > Team Contests

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2007, 12:14 PM   #76
sabby's Avatar
 
sabby

Team: Capture the Flag I

Everyone, great game, well played by all. There are so many great gamers here, that a tie was inevitable. Another great team game fellas.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:14 PM   #77
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Team: Capture the Flag I

Hobbes beat Snow Fight 30 minutes too late. The sad part is that game takes over an hour to play so Hobbes was under the impression that we won.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:16 PM   #78
Tekkaman's Avatar
Regular Poster
210 posts
Tekkaman is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to Tekkaman
 
Tekkaman

Team: Capture the Flag I

That was a terrific showing from everyone! River City, you fought the good fight, but we'll be keeping our girlfriends, thank you. Bravo to everyone who participated! There are some amazing scores on the leader board now.

Good show, fellow Space Knights! :sk1::sk1:
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
&quot;Wait a second!&nbsp; I know that monkey.&nbsp; His name is Donkey.&quot;<br />&quot;Monkeys aren't donkeys!&nbsp; Quit messing with my head!&quot;<br />
Old 01-29-2007, 12:28 PM   #79
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Team: Capture the Flag I

Yeah some of those scores are truly amazing and will be staying for a very long time.

So what did everyone think. I had a lot of fun but my productivity for the week was completely wrecked.

Does everyone want to do it again in a couple weeks? If so what new rules amendments do you think should be added?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:31 PM   #80
Hobbes's Avatar
Regular Poster
470 posts
Hobbes is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via MSN to Hobbes
 
Hobbes

Team: Capture the Flag I

Yeah I owe a lot of production here now,

I say that new games must be chosen for the next round.


Also we have this business to attend to-
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeckel22 View Post
Well you can all calm down. I will let you know how it is going to happen. River city will come out in an early lead (by about 2 or three "flags"). Then Space Knights will come out of nowhere and get a huge lead (by about 4-6 flags). Then with one or two days left, DDQ will come in and make it near impossible to get any flags back. As it is written, I have spoken it. There is nothing else to say.
So where were you DDQ? Did you underestimate the powers that are River City and Space Knights?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:38 PM   #81
sabby's Avatar
 
sabby

Team: Capture the Flag I

That was loads of fun. I'm with you Kong, I got NOTHING done this week. I don't know about in a couple weeks, maybe a month or two.

As for the rules, I don't want something like what happened with Japanese Baseball to come up again. Not that there was a real problem, we resolved it fine, but if the max score seems unattainable, and everyone agrees, I do not think it should be an issue.

We also might want to resolve any games where "farming" may occur. We should get that issue out in the open.

I know it knocks out some people, but the Halloween Challenge we did a while back was fun.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:40 PM   #82
tanc24's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,215 posts
tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
 
tanc24

Team: Capture the Flag I

Perhaps we choose games that nobody on teams (might be impossible) have high scores on.

Or... maybe the Flag games that we choose have to currently be occupied by opposing team members.

Or... maybe I've just had too much coffee.

Thanks for a fun competition. I'm really impressed with a lot of those scores, but as a sports fan, I'd love to see how Hobbes has managed to score 14 touchdowns in Run N' Gun.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!
Old 01-29-2007, 12:44 PM   #83
Tekkaman's Avatar
Regular Poster
210 posts
Tekkaman is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to Tekkaman
 
Tekkaman

Team: Capture the Flag I

I agree that another contest like this should wait a couple of months. As with everyone, my productivity was dwarfed by this competition. In addition, I am going to be out of commission in a couple of weeks for a weekend convention.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
&quot;Wait a second!&nbsp; I know that monkey.&nbsp; His name is Donkey.&quot;<br />&quot;Monkeys aren't donkeys!&nbsp; Quit messing with my head!&quot;<br />
Old 01-29-2007, 12:48 PM   #84
jeckel22's Avatar
Regular Poster
466 posts
jeckel22 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
jeckel22

Team: Capture the Flag I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkaman View Post
I agree that another contest like this should wait a couple of months. As with everyone, my productivity was dwarfed by this competition. In addition, I am going to be out of commission in a couple of weeks for a weekend convention.
I think that is why you would rather wait. I think we should do another one soon. Very similar, but high scores can be on NES games as opposed to flash.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
I'd be crabby too if you made me eat crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post

How much is that other government crap?
Old 01-29-2007, 01:05 PM   #85
Hobbes's Avatar
Regular Poster
470 posts
Hobbes is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via MSN to Hobbes
 
Hobbes

Team: Capture the Flag I

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanc24 View Post
Perhaps we choose games that nobody on teams (might be impossible) have high scores on.

Or... maybe the Flag games that we choose have to currently be occupied by opposing team members.

Or... maybe I've just had too much coffee.

Thanks for a fun competition. I'm really impressed with a lot of those scores, but as a sports fan, I'd love to see how Hobbes has managed to score 14 touchdowns in Run N' Gun.
Strong combination of skill and luck, I was about 2 secs away from scoring 15 a couple of days ago. You have got to run the ball, and not waste any time moving left or right, or do it quickly, so you need running lanes open in the Defense, there is where the luck is, and you need the skill to move your fingers quickly around anyone in your way.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:32 PM   #86
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Team: Capture the Flag I

I hope Kraemer's okay. I kind of feel bad about being angry at him now.

I knew Kong was going to take Raiden as I had to submit my score before work. Kong, you bum.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2007, 01:37 PM   #87
jeckel22's Avatar
Regular Poster
466 posts
jeckel22 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
jeckel22

Team: Capture the Flag I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
I hope Kraemer's okay. I kind of feel bad about being angry at him now.

Why? Nothing happened to him right? Do you know something I don't?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
I'd be crabby too if you made me eat crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post

How much is that other government crap?
Old 01-29-2007, 01:57 PM   #88
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Team: Capture the Flag I

I know his finals were last week. I know this isn't normally like him, he wouldn't just say "screw it" and not show up for a week. I'm sure there is a good reason.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2007, 02:06 PM   #89
wanman's Avatar
Regular Poster
474 posts
wanman is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via MSN to wanman
 
wanman

Team: Capture the Flag I

maybe because his computer is bust ( different topic, would anyone invite me to a team?)
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:14 PM   #90
jeckel22's Avatar
Regular Poster
466 posts
jeckel22 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
jeckel22

Team: Capture the Flag I

You will get a PM from one of the teams if they want you. Typically it is going to be with a challenge. Give it time also. Not everyone is on all the time. A team will typically discuss who they want and what challenge to give. Hold your horses!!!
:ridinghorse:
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
I'd be crabby too if you made me eat crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post

How much is that other government crap?
Old 01-29-2007, 02:18 PM   #91
sabby's Avatar
 
sabby

Team: Capture the Flag I

Maybe Cos is in Miami. He would be one lucky man if that was the case.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:43 PM   #92
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Team: Capture the Flag I

I'd also like to state that I don't believe the winning team should get an extra member slot. Every time a team won it would give them even more and more of an advantage until they were almost guaranteed a win.

A badge and bragging rights is enough.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2007, 03:03 PM   #93
BRODYMAN's Avatar
 
BRODYMAN

Team: Capture the Flag I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
I'd also like to state that I don't believe the winning team should get an extra member slot. Every time a team won it would give them even more and more of an advantage until they were almost guaranteed a win.

A badge and bragging rights is enough.
I can't disagree with this...
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Kart: 2449-5237-1294
Old 01-29-2007, 03:04 PM   #94
BRODYMAN's Avatar
 
BRODYMAN

Team: Capture the Flag I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
I'd also like to state that I don't believe the winning team should get an extra member slot. Every time a team won it would give them even more and more of an advantage until they were almost guaranteed a win.

A badge and bragging rights is enough.
I can't disagree with this...

In addition, this would quickly become very inhibitive to new teams forming in the future. I'd like to see more teams.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Kart: 2449-5237-1294
Old 01-29-2007, 03:23 PM   #95
jeckel22's Avatar
Regular Poster
466 posts
jeckel22 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
jeckel22

Team: Capture the Flag I

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRODYMAN View Post
I'd like to see more teams.
I agree. More teams would make it more enjoyable. I would say maybe 5 or 6 (or up to 8 depending on how high of a demand and how large we want the teams). That would lead to more contests.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
I'd be crabby too if you made me eat crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post

How much is that other government crap?
Old 01-29-2007, 03:34 PM   #96
TrakMastaTom's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom
 
TrakMastaTom

Team: Capture the Flag I

The things I disliked about this contest:

*Kraemer not showing up

*The fact that it ended at 10 a.m. when I was at school so I couldn't do any last second scoring

*Finding out I sucked at almost every game picked

*Losing

The things I liked:

*Finding out I rocked the house at BMX Tricks

*Doing pretty much nothing but playing flash games for a week

I enjoyed it. Let's do it again some time.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:54 PM   #97
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Team: Capture the Flag I

OK I will take back Space Knights extra member slot.

Hmm. I was not thinking of more teams but that is a good idea. Any ideas who should start their own team?


Raiden has save states. When Tenser submitted his 60 Million I had a save @ 75 Million. I brought that 75 up to 105 and then submitted my old save states that were lower scores so Tenser would think he had to beat 75 mil and not 105. When your score gets that high it goes up fast.


Here are some rules I think might be good.

Each team chooses:
1 Game that another team chose last time.
1 Flash game that has not been chosen before.
1 NES Games that has not been chosen before.
Any 2 high score games of their choice.

No rules about point spreads or point caps as they are just confusing. If someone ties your score in a game that you picked then they take the flag. So choosing a game like Hexagon with a max score could come back to bite you but it is your choice.

I think the time frame was good and should stay the same. Friday to Monday to select your games and Monday to Monday to play. This gives everyone a good chance at logging on at some point during the contest.

Elimination. - If a team is down to zero flags at any point then they are eliminated.

Sudden death should be an extension of 24 hours. Not first one to win one more flag.


This last one might be a bad idea but I will throw it out there.

All old flags carry over into the next round so next time there would be the original 15 games plus 15 new games for a total of 30. Since the scores on the first 15 are already high people would probably concentrate on the new 15 but the old ones are still there for a twist.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:56 PM   #98
sabby's Avatar
 
sabby

Team: Capture the Flag I

I agree with Tenser and BRODY, another team in the future would be fun.

Tom, I'm like you, didn't realize how fun BMX Tricks was until I really got to play it.

Kong, don't know about the 30 games, too many games might spoil the fun. I think the sudden death was fine the way it is, if you extend it 24 hours, might as well extend the whole contest for everyone that long.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:00 PM   #99
TrakMastaTom's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom
 
TrakMastaTom

Team: Capture the Flag I

I don't like the last rule. Probably because we ended up with 2 flags when all was said and done.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:10 PM   #100
jeckel22's Avatar
Regular Poster
466 posts
jeckel22 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
jeckel22

Team: Capture the Flag I

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby View Post
Kong, don't know about the 30 games, too many games might spoil the fun.
I agree. We already have to pick one other game from another team. How about the flag we have to pick from the other team has to be one the team had in the end of the tournament instead of one that they chose?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
I'd be crabby too if you made me eat crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post

How much is that other government crap?
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.

» vBadvanced CMPS