Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Team Contests The 4 Retro Uprising teams do battle in a team contest about once a month.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Contests > Team Contests

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 10:31 PM   #76
Hobbes's Avatar
Regular Poster
470 posts
Hobbes is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via MSN to Hobbes
 
Hobbes

Re: Team Marathon I

It's not up to Shining Force, it's not our game.
We can go with ROTTK, but people should decide in their teams.


People find that Sabby likes poor baseball teams, and laugh at him. (Royals up 3-2 Sabby, HAHAHAHA)
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:35 PM   #77
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Team Marathon I

I'm alittle confused about your suggestions Kong. If you're saying we should be able to beat it in a sitting I disagree. While it is possible it would take an unreasonably long time. Without saving it would be very annoying. If what you mean is use the game in full mode(from the link in this topic?) and use Save States then that should work.
Quote:
Submit a save state near the end when you are about to get 100%. We can then load the save and verify that you picked a one player game as Cao Cao.
How do you verify it, can you watch the whole Save State?

Quote:
Game replaced, Shining Force picks a surprise game? Game replaced if Shining Force tels you what game they are replacing it with?
Why just shining force? I'm confused about that too. Is it uncool for my team to replace it with a game we had listed as possible ones before this contest started?
If this is gonna be a huge ordeal I vote to replace it. I'm finding myself frustrated at the moment and not having much fun. I just want a decision that makes everyone happy.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis
i might feel better about this game if i had a manual to read but when kong tried to explain it and what i read off the internet all anyone would say is you devolop land and concor the enemy noone and anyone has yet to tell me when you go to war how to fight the other person and just general things i could not figure out how to earn gold or rice or land or anything acctually i was blindly selecting options...
I could explain all this but that wouldn't be good strategy. The one basic info I can give you is how rice/money is made. June or July your rice crop comes in. January you get your Tax money.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:42 PM   #78
TrakMastaTom's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom
 
TrakMastaTom

Re: Team Marathon I

I am fine with whatever everyone else decides is fair.

As far as Kong's comment, I think he thought Shining Force picked ROTTK, and was simply mistaken. Pretend like he said Grumpy Old Men instead.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:04 AM   #79
oasis's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,160 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
oasis

Re: Team Marathon I

well thats 2 votes remove or substitute and tanc said he would substitute so its all up to tanc to remove or sub...
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 04-17-2008, 12:35 AM   #80
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Team Marathon I

Sorry. TMT is correct. Replace Shining Force with Grumpy Old Men in my last post.

In order to use a keystroke movie recording in a game you have to do it one sitting. The movie can not be broken up into multiple parts. In order to use save states or save ram you have to use Full Mode (or wait for me to fix saves in the tournament which will be several days). The link for Full Mode version is - http://www.retrouprising.com/play/NE...;playmode=full

To verify completion of the game I would load the save state and check that it is a one player game, the right time period, that you are controlling the right character and you are 1 move away from 100%.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:45 AM   #81
wanman's Avatar
Regular Poster
474 posts
wanman is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via MSN to wanman
 
wanman

Re: Team Marathon I

Another thing you could do with PSIV is if the screen freezes, go to change controls then press cancel and it will work again. Thats what i do if i go to a different window of a web browser.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:04 AM   #82
Hurrikane's Avatar
Regular Poster
35 posts
Hurrikane is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Hurrikane

Re: Team Marathon I

Accually, just right clicking a few times on the screen will unfreeze PS4
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
www.myspace.com/deadsydeath<br /><br />yeah. hit that up.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:37 AM   #83
sabby's Avatar
 
sabby

Re: Team Marathon I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes
So for Hobbes' clarification, on basesloaded you only need to get a 100, not necessarily on level 5? Seeing as there is no way to prove what level you did it on...

And people still strongly dislike Sabby.
No, Hobbes. You only need a 100 on the level 5 team to get the ending. Here's an example:

Game 1 vs. Level 1 - Get 92, advance to level 4
Game 2 vs. Level 4 - Get 100, advance to level 5
Game 3 vs. Level 5 - Get 94, go back to level 4
Game 4 vs. Level 4 - Get 97, advance to level 5
Game 5 vs. Level 5 - Get 100, finished.

So in theory, you can beat this in two baseball games if you get a 95 or better against level 1 in the first game, then get 100 in the next game. I almost picked Double Dribble, we know how well that one went last time I picked it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes
It's not up to Shining Force, it's not our game.
We can go with ROTTK, but people should decide in their teams.


People find that Sabby likes poor baseball teams, and laugh at him. (Royals up 3-2 Sabby, HAHAHAHA)
I knew this would come out. Be thankful your pathetic Royals only play the Angels 5 times (3 at home in KC). We'll see what happens in October.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:42 AM   #84
oasis's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,160 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
oasis

Re: Team Marathon I

hey sabby im sorry for yelling at you each time i play this game it does get better and better ... ive got the timing down and im making good plays so the game is not as bad as i first thought... i acctually got a 98 on the level 1 team so

again im sorry for being mean to you and saying your game is crappy (though it is) its really not all that bad but bases loaded 1 is still 10 times better...

and i will have to get extreamly lucky to get 100% on level 5

@sabby what is the difference between a level 1 and a level 5 team please please pm me the answer because i really want to know because i did not see much difference. if thier is a difference
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 04-17-2008, 09:48 AM   #85
Hobbes's Avatar
Regular Poster
470 posts
Hobbes is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via MSN to Hobbes
 
Hobbes

Re: Team Marathon I

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes
So for Hobbes' clarification, on basesloaded you only need to get a 100, not necessarily on level 5? Seeing as there is no way to prove what level you did it on...

And people still strongly dislike Sabby.
No, Hobbes. You only need a 100 on the level 5 team to get the ending. Here's an example:

Game 1 vs. Level 1 - Get 92, advance to level 4
Game 2 vs. Level 4 - Get 100, advance to level 5
Game 3 vs. Level 5 - Get 94, go back to level 4
Game 4 vs. Level 4 - Get 97, advance to level 5
Game 5 vs. Level 5 - Get 100, finished.

So in theory, you can beat this in two baseball games if you get a 95 or better against level 1 in the first game, then get 100 in the next game. I almost picked Double Dribble, we know how well that one went last time I picked it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes
It's not up to Shining Force, it's not our game.
We can go with ROTTK, but people should decide in their teams.


People find that Sabby likes poor baseball teams, and laugh at him. (Royals up 3-2 Sabby, HAHAHAHA)
I knew this would come out. Be thankful your pathetic Royals only play the Angels 5 times (3 at home in KC). We'll see what happens in October.
@ Bases Loaded 3 Boooooo!
Crappy game.

@ Sabby's baseball team
Scoreboard...scoreboard.

@ Sabby-
Past instances in which I professed to like you were fraudulent.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:01 AM   #86
sabby's Avatar
 
sabby

Re: Team Marathon I

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis
hey sabby im sorry for yelling at you each time i play this game it does get better and better ... ive got the timing down and im making good plays so the game is not as bad as i first thought... i acctually got a 98 on the level 1 team so

again im sorry for being mean to you and saying your game is crappy (though it is) its really not all that bad but bases loaded 1 is still 10 times better...

and i will have to get extreamly lucky to get 100% on level 5

@sabby what is the difference between a level 1 and a level 5 team please please pm me the answer because i really want to know because i did not see much difference. if thier is a difference
I never had any harsh feeling toward anyone, we picked games we felt that we would be good at that would give the other teams trouble with, we expected nothing less from the other two teams.

What I have noticed, the difference from level 1 to level 5 is that the other team doesn't pause as much and you're hitting seems to go into the crapper. That's all I've noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes
@ Bases Loaded 3 Boooooo!
Crappy game.

@ Sabby's baseball team
Scoreboard...scoreboard.

@ Sabby-
Past instances in which I professed to like you were fraudulent.
I agree, this is by no means the best NES baseball game, I've only found one that was worse (Major League Baseball, one consolation, it's when your beloved Royals were decent)

Game 2 today, we'll see, we may have to have a little wager at the end of the year. I'm willing to give you sig props (like what I've done for tanc, 21 more days and I can restore it to normal :P)

I'm hurt doc, that cuts real deep.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:57 AM   #87
tanc24's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,215 posts
tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
 
tanc24

Re: Team Marathon I


(.... in steps Tanc24, the voice of reason.... )

Here's the deal. Thanks to the other two captains for allowing us to substitute Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Grumpy Old Men agree to remove Romance (reluctantly :P) and nominate our replace game as.....

MAJHONG!!!!!!![/size]

Just kidding!!! ;D

GRUMPY OLD MEN OFFICIALLY SELECT JAWS for the NES as our new game!
Good luck to everyone, let the trash talking continue.

For the record, I liked MJ23's spoiler post the best! Nice job MJ. If you were on my team I'd give you rep for that.

Truth is, and we all know it, EVERYONE likes Sabby. Except Tenser. He doesn't like anybody.

Again, for the record... Grumpy Old Men choose JAWS for the NES...


My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:03 PM   #88
oasis's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,160 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
oasis

Re: Team Marathon I

what people really do like sabby i thought this was true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes
@ Sabby-
Past instances in which I professed to like you were fraudulent.
@tanc any special rules for jaws or just beat it...
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 04-17-2008, 12:36 PM   #89
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Team Marathon I

Jaws without saves?

Jaws. - The image you submit will look like one of these - http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/nes/b/jaws.htm
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:21 PM   #90
joshofsilence's Avatar
Regular Poster
135 posts
joshofsilence is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via Yahoo to joshofsilence
 
joshofsilence

Re: Team Marathon I

jaws comes up as jackal in that link
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:12 PM   #91
wanman's Avatar
Regular Poster
474 posts
wanman is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via MSN to wanman
 
wanman

Re: Team Marathon I

Josh is right o:
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:32 PM   #92
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Team Marathon I

Sorry. Use this link instead.

http://www.retrouprising.com/t.php?i=jaws
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:05 PM   #93
tanc24's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,215 posts
tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
 
tanc24

Re: Team Marathon I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong
Jaws without saves?
That is correct. Jaws without saves.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!
Old 04-17-2008, 04:06 PM   #94
oasis's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,160 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
oasis

Re: Team Marathon I

jaws really does not need saves
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 04-17-2008, 04:11 PM   #95
joshofsilence's Avatar
Regular Poster
135 posts
joshofsilence is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via Yahoo to joshofsilence
 
joshofsilence

Re: Team Marathon I

much easier than Romance
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:05 PM   #96
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Team Marathon I

Just to scare you a little. I am coming after you wanman - http://www.retrouprising.com/scores/Flash/gyroball.php
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:44 PM   #97
oasis's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,160 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
oasis

Re: Team Marathon I

kongs gana get ya ha ha ha
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 04-18-2008, 06:14 AM   #98
wanman's Avatar
Regular Poster
474 posts
wanman is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via MSN to wanman
 
wanman

Re: Team Marathon I

D:< You try and get that perfect score.... You try. TMT is my backup incase o:
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:13 AM   #99
TrakMastaTom's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom
 
TrakMastaTom

Re: Team Marathon I

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanman
D:< You try and get that perfect score.... You try. TMT is my backup incase o:
I still really don't think there is a perfect score in that game, because your points are based on how much time is left when you finish the level.

I love Gyroball.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:07 AM   #100
oasis's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,160 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
oasis

Re: Team Marathon I

well thier would have to be a perfect score a score where you just cant do it any faster...
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Marathon I - Results Kong Team Contests 7 04-25-2008 02:40 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 PM.

» vBadvanced CMPS