| RU Games Discussions for just Retro Uprising games. |
|
03-07-2014, 08:39 PM
|
#76
|
|
|
Re: Final Fantasy
Lol just poking fun. Like the game went to measures to label each planet and show all of them being destroyed. Plus its a final boss attack which makes it more canon 
---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------
Health was between 4.5-5.8k for all three of them I believe. Cloud, Yuffie, and Cid. Cloud and Cid at level 63 and Yuffie at 62.
I had the final weapons for all three but had no final limits. Didn't feel like grinding the limits.
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
03-08-2014, 08:53 AM
|
#77
|
|
|
Re: Final Fantasy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP
Well I finally beat FF7! Was a really fun game, I can see why it is as popular as it is. I didn't have too much trouble at all with the last dungeon. I had so many items stocked up that I could use for sustainability. The final bosses were all easy except Big Guard ran out just as Sephiroth used his meteor attack and it almost wiped out my entire party from full health. Luckily got a Cure 3 off in time and that saved me.
Speaking of which, are we just going to ignore the fact that Sephiroth destroyed more than half of the planets in our solar system?
|
Nice work.
I finally took down FF13. Had to keep trying different battle teams until I found Lightning/Vanille/Hope. Vanille finally got poison to land on the boss which helped a lot. He still cast Progenitorial Wrath three times but luckily never on the party leader. Poison plus other debuffs absolutely destroys him if you can get them to stick(he has high resistances to them)
And then the ending made completely no sense and they disregarded everything they had set up throughout the game.
|
|
|
03-08-2014, 02:10 PM
|
#78
|
|
|
Re: Final Fantasy
Good job. Sounds like it wasn't a very good game though 
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
09-18-2014, 07:32 AM
|
#79
|
|
|
Re: Final Fantasy
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT3dyanB3pk]FINAL FANTASY XV TGS 2014 TRAILER - YouTube[/ame]
Kingdom Hearts style game play, basically.
>inb4 dudebro posts about how the characters are not dudebro enough.
|
|
|
09-18-2014, 08:18 AM
|
#80
|
|
|
Re: Final Fantasy
Quote:
|
the characters are not dudebro enough
|
Besides that the game looks beautiful.
|
My Signature |
|
09-18-2014, 10:05 AM
|
#81
|
|
|
Re: Final Fantasy
tl;dw
Four dudes go on a grand adventure to discover the world but end up discovering more about themselves.
|
My Signature |
|
09-18-2014, 03:36 PM
|
#82
|
|
|
Re: Final Fantasy
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
09-18-2014, 04:15 PM
|
#83
|
|
|
Re: Final Fantasy
"It's been a long time coming. Almost there."
Looks like turn based combat is pretty much dead across all RPGs, and open world active combat is in.
|
|
|
09-18-2014, 07:15 PM
|
#84
|
|
|
Re: Final Fantasy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkN
Kingdom Hearts style game play, basically.
|
And now I've lost nearly all interest. Thanks, Square.
On a semi-related note, do the later Dragon Quest games still play like traditional JRPGs?
|
My Signature |
|
09-19-2014, 02:07 AM
|
#85
|
|
|
Re: Final Fantasy
Reminder that some people bought a PS3 to play Final Fantasy Versus XIII
First revealed at E3 2006. Then renamed to Final Fantasy XV E3 2013.
Never forget. Delayed across an entire generation.
Fun game:
Where were you in life when FF13Vs. was announced?
Summer break before 4th year of high school. Just got my first job at grocery and my drivers license.
|
|
|
09-19-2014, 07:25 AM
|
#86
|
|
|
Re: Final Fantasy
Quote:
|
Where were you in life when FF13Vs. was announced?
|
Playing FF11 on dial up still. That's the only thing I can think of.
|
My Signature |
|
09-19-2014, 08:39 AM
|
#87
|
|
|
Re: Final Fantasy
FF13 is going on steam in October...uh I don't recommend it but apparently there are a lot of people who like it.
It's still somewhat turned based as in you have to wait to use your turn but you only control the leader of the party, everyone else does whatever the hell they want based off what their role is set as. And you have the option to let the AI decide the best course of action on your turn but you don't have to use it.
Last edited by bearhawk72; 09-19-2014 at 08:41 AM..
|
|
|
09-19-2014, 02:19 PM
|
#88
|
|
|
Re: Final Fantasy
FFIV on Steam
FINAL FANTASY IV on Steam
Never heard about this one. How good is it?
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
09-19-2014, 02:30 PM
|
#89
|
|
|
Re: Final Fantasy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyChicken
|
It's a port of the ios version, which is a port of the DS version. It's a straight remake of the original thing though, so it's pretty good.
Harder than FINAL FANTASY II on the SNES, and the comfort of portability is gone here because you might end up needing to grind.
|
|
|
09-19-2014, 02:38 PM
|
#90
|
|
|
Re: Final Fantasy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyChicken
|
Played most of the original SNES version on an emulator, never finished it but it was pretty good from what I remember.
|
|
|
09-19-2014, 02:40 PM
|
#91
|
|
|
Re: Final Fantasy
@DN- Oh so it's a port of this one? Final Fantasy 2 - Super Nintendo
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
09-19-2014, 02:43 PM
|
#92
|
|
|
Re: Final Fantasy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyChicken
|
Yes
|
|
|
09-19-2014, 02:43 PM
|
#93
|
|
|
Re: Final Fantasy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyChicken
|
It is a remake of that one. There are a billion ports with upscaled sprite work but the one on Steam is a port of the DS remake.
It's a 3D version of the game with a new customization system, as well as some voice acting.
|
|
|
09-19-2014, 03:01 PM
|
#94
|
|
|
Re: Final Fantasy
Cool. Thanks dudes, I'll probably pick it up then.
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
09-19-2014, 07:03 PM
|
#95
|
|
|
Re: Final Fantasy
FFIV is one of the good ones, so pick it up. I wish they'd do a big remake of FFVI, though. That one is still far and away my favorite.
|
My Signature |
|
09-19-2014, 07:34 PM
|
#96
|
|
|
Re: Final Fantasy
I forgot to mention. Square Enix uses a DRM system for Final Fantasy VII and VIII and you'll likely need an SE account to play IV.
|
|
|
09-19-2014, 07:46 PM
|
#97
|
|
|
Re: Final Fantasy
Does an SE account cost anything, or is it just registering on their site?
|
My Signature |
|
09-19-2014, 07:49 PM
|
#98
|
|
|
Re: Final Fantasy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkN
I forgot to mention. Square Enix uses a DRM system for Final Fantasy VII and VIII and you'll likely need an SE account to play IV.
|
I already beat VII, think I have a SE account lol.
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
09-19-2014, 09:38 PM
|
#99
|
|
|
Re: Final Fantasy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krendall
Does an SE account cost anything, or is it just registering on their site?
|
Not a penny. It's a deal breaker for some, though.
|
|
|
09-20-2014, 11:14 PM
|
#100
|
|
|
Re: Final Fantasy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krendall
FFIV is one of the good ones, so pick it up. I wish they'd do a big remake of FFVI, though. That one is still far and away my favorite.
|
They did. It looks hideous.

|
My Signature |
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 PM.
|