11-15-2011, 06:30 PM
|
#76
|
|
|
Re: Busybodies, old bitties, and other miserable fucks
This is for my ex boss who got me laid off today her reason my voice is to high and she can't take it

|
My Signature |
|
11-15-2011, 06:53 PM
|
#77
|
|
|
Re: Busybodies, old bitties, and other miserable fucks
RU's new complaint form:

|
My Signature |
|
11-15-2011, 07:58 PM
|
#78
|
|
|
Re: Busybodies, old bitties, and other miserable fucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohaex
This is for my ex boss who got me laid off today her reason my voice is to high and she can't take it
|
That's not a valid reason, besides you had that voice when she hired you right?
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
11-15-2011, 08:35 PM
|
#79
|
|
|
Re: Busybodies, old bitties, and other miserable fucks
I was there before she even became boss she has only been our boss for 3 weeks and she has drove our workplace to hell. I am pretty sure it has to do with more then my voice but she is just saying it is. And yeah I had this voice all my life
|
My Signature |
|
11-15-2011, 09:31 PM
|
#80
|
|
|
Re: Busybodies, old bitties, and other miserable fucks
Hey Alohaex I think you got #4 and #8 on Tenser check list, you better double check the rest.
|
My Signature |
|
11-15-2011, 11:33 PM
|
#82
|
|
|
Re: Busybodies, old bitties, and other miserable fucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Hey Alohaex I think you got #4 and #8 on Tenser check list, you better double check the rest.
|
 Thats true
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGrotowski
Sounds like you're working under the same person I did for a while, AX.
What a cunt!
She can't fire you for that = just because she doesn't like your voice??
The one I am talking about once fired someone for being gay.
That person took her to court and won.
|
I'm glad they won. And yeah she is a misserable little cunt
|
My Signature |
|
01-11-2016, 03:29 AM
|
#83
|
|
|
Re: Busybodies, old bitties, and other miserable fucks
I'm not expecting any solutions to be presented to the problems I shall soon detail, but given my situation I thought it best to at least record this situation I find myself in should it escalate out of control.
You see, almost 8 years ago, I moved into an affordable {to me on my disability benefits} apartment with one of my daughters, so I can have a tiny bit of money to live on - I keep $120 per month after my rent, utilities not included, no joke.
At the time I moved in I had what I thought was a friend living downstairs, a gent who had spent the last 30 years in the bottom 2 floors of this house.
Sure we got along Ok I guess but as time went on I began to see that he wasn't really my friend, especially near the time he finally moved out this past summer his true feelings toward me shone though, but this is only the first part of the problem I am now facing.
Not only have I lost this 'friend' but, due to the fact the bottom 2 floors of the house sat unrented, intruders broke in downstairs and have been living there this entire time.
I contacted the landlord's brother {due to the fact my ACTUAL landlord is nigh onto unreachable, even according to his own brother for important family matters} and, after much effort to convince him there are in fact people living downstairs who should not be there, was granted permission to 'do whatever I feel is necessary to feel safe'.
{by the way, to date I've never seen these people outside coming/ going but I know they watch us carefully as we leave and enter our apartment; my hearing is extremely acute and I hear them rush over to the front window downstairs as my daughter and I come and go, so by now they have our schedules figured out and can easily avoid us both}
So, with my daughter standing guard outside, I entered the downstairs apartment through a window and did what I could {within very limited financial means} to nail and screw the doors and windows shut in hope this would keep these people from coming back in.
No luck, they came back that very night.
I contacted the landlord's brother again and told him the intruders were still living downstairs.
At that point he seemed to be in disbelief that anyone would want to live there and questioned me as to why they would remain there.
Obviously he has no grasp what living hell homeless people endure here in Vancouver and there is no getting it through to him that this dusty, grimy old apartment which has been poorly kept and barely cleaned these past 30 years is a step up from sleeping in a piss soaked alley in the Downtown Eastside {the shithole of North America, by the way, but I digress}
FOR the past 3 months I sent the landlord's brother e mails almost every day, detailing what my daughter and I have been suffering and begging him to do something.
To his credit, the actual landlord did come by and change the lock on the front door to the downstairs apartment, but that was all and since that time his brother insists they have done all they can, and the last time I spoke to him on the phone he hung up on me.
Eventually he stopped responding to my e mails as well and there had been no contact between us since what happened next, which requires further clarification before I continue.
YOU see, these intruders are stealthy in nature and, although I can hear them walking around downstairs and talking to one another {there are at least 2 - a man and a woman} they have taken a certain measure to avoid detection by outside observation.
Now, it was shortly after my 'friend' moved out, that the landlord had the power downstairs turned back on, the purpose being so contractors could come and renovate - but to date no work has been done.
In the basement, 2 floors below me, sit a working washer and dryer that my 'friend' left behind since he has laundry facilities in his new home, and was unable to bring them nor sell them before he left.
These intruders have been doing laundry down there every single day {I can only assume they are doing this for many people; I can't imagine anyone needing so much washing done} but the REAL issue lies in the fact they have disconnected the exhaust hose to the dryer to avoid anyone outside seeing the steam from outside.
- and I KNOW this as a fact because my place is soaking every night from the moisture this is generating, sometimes during the day as well, forcing me to leave my windows open no matter how cold it is outside to vent this excess moisture..
I know what you're probably thinking at this point.
Why the fuck didn't I call the Police, right??
I DID, twice.
The first time was shortly after it started to get cold this winter {having first waited a while for the landlord to come with contractors to begin the restoration of the apartment} and the Police showed up in force; many officers, dogs, the works.
After surrounding the house and attempting to enter, they found they were unable to get in and, to my amazement, left us in this situation due to the fact they 'need the landlord's permission' to break the door down.
{by the way this was the night the landlord's bro hung up on me when I called him, and the Police were unable to reach the actual landlord for the required permission}
Think about this.
A crime has been committed {breaking and entering} , yet they can't go in?
Immediately my heart sunk with the realization that these intruders are holding all the cards and are completely in control of our situation; they have access to our power {electrical panel}, our water supply, everything is downstairs.
Furthermore if my daughter and I ever leave our apartment unoccupied I believe these intruders would break in, rip us off {or wreck our belongings which would be bad enough} and sneak back downstairs where, as our experience has shown, they are perfectly safe and not even the Police can touch them.
We called Police again the following night, and this time they sent 2 plainclothes detectives who proceeded to give ME shit, telling me to 'stop calling the Police to try to get my landlord in trouble'.
In addition, the intruders suddenly became 'squatters' - according to them that's what these people are.
ON a side note, I've tried to drive them out myself by getting up at random intervals during the night and blasting bass - laden music using all my subs so to disturb their sleep and comfort {doing this for a couple of weeks, the last time I did it I heard the male living downstairs say 'If he does that shit again, I'm going to switch his fucking power off' = against which I could do nothing}
ONE night, I went out on the front porch and made a fake phone call to the landlord about how he 'would be showing up bright and early tomorrow to begin the renovations' in a very loud voice so these intruders would certainly hear what I was saying - with the intention of frightening the intruders out, but they saw through it and remained inside.
It seems as though there is nothing we can do, and worse, these intruders can do anything to us any time and get away with it.
I stopped sleeping at night 3 months ago, and stay up listening carefully for any sign they are trying to break in {which I've heard the male say he wants to 'break in and steal all my weed' ,which apparently they can smell} because if they make such an attempt then at least in that case I will be justified to defend my home, my daughter, and our possessions.
I've even gone to the Tenancy Branch {government office which deals with landlord/ tenant issues} and they basically told me there is nothing they could do, and that if I wanted to take the landlord to court I would have to pay for it, which of course is out of the question on my disability benefits.
I've fucking had it.
My daughter has fucking had it.
I'm finding myself having dark fantasies of kicking the downstairs door in and going in and beating these motherfuckers to death with glee.
You see, I have an uncontrollable anger management problem, by the way, which has gotten me into trouble many times in the past.
Simply put, I have NO FUSE, but in this scenario my anger may save us from these intruders in case they try something.
In truth I don't really want to kill or injure anyone because of the legal / societal implications BUT if they make any kind of move on us .. you know.
Besides, we all know who would be the 'bad guy' in that scenario, ME - regardless of what we've suffered these past months.
I know what you're probably thinking now:
Why don't we just move out?? - right?
Financial reasons, plain and simple.
We're looking into getting into social housing as I am on disability but who knows how long it can take.
So right now my only hope for relief is that the landlord will see his power bill {I forgot to mention the intruders are doing all this laundry on HIS tab} and maybe he'll have the power disconnected and/ or get off his ass and secure the downstairs once and for all.
In the meantime, I fume away and endure .. but this isn't easy, let me tell you.
|
|
|
01-11-2016, 02:02 PM
|
#84
|
|
|
Re: Busybodies, old bitties, and other miserable fucks
I would just secure the apartment, get a dog and wait it out without further attempts to antagonize them. If that's not ok with you then maybe buy some stink bombs and randomly drop them as you leave, in the middle of the night, do laundry ect. It would hurt you too but if it's done close to their place then it would really drive them nuts. If you wanna really get nasty you could do some stuff that borders on illegal. You say they do laundry all the time? Maybe it's time to add some bleach when they're not looking? Or some fish guts? Disconnect the water and let it drain into the basement(that will piss off the landlord a lot)?
Isn't disconnecting the dryer vent a fire hazard? Maybe try calling the fire department(non emergency number) and talking to them about how unsafe you feel because of that and how the landlord refuses to do anything about it. Maybe contact the local building inspector or w.e and mention this kind of thing too. The problem with that is it might cause your landlord to kick you out for causing him lots of trouble.
If this was just some normal tentant I'd have more shady ideas for you but squatters are notoriously determined and unfazed by stuff like roaches and lack of utilities.
|
My Signature |
|
01-11-2016, 02:44 PM
|
#85
|
|
|
Re: Busybodies, old bitties, and other miserable fucks
Wow, that's completely fucked up. Hope those assholes get kicked out somehow.
|
My Signature |
|
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!
Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!
Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!
01-12-2016, 12:00 AM
|
#86
|
|
|
Re: Busybodies, old bitties, and other miserable fucks
My first instinct is that your landlord knows these people, either that or he does not care about the property and waiting for it to be classified as condemned to collect whatever he can from insurance. If I was a landlord who had squatters living in a vacant property, using utilities that are coming out of my pocket, and disrupting my legitimate tenants overall well-being, I would be getting them taken care of immediately.
What I would do in your situation would be to head down to social services and see what they have that might help out. Leaving the property sounds like the best option, now just reach out to whoever/whatever you can to make it a reality. You are not stuck there, you gotta problem solve.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
01-25-2016, 07:41 AM
|
#87
|
|
|
Re: Busybodies, old bitties, and other miserable fucks
First of all I feel a need to apologize to anyone who thinks I am deranged, dangerous, and down - right LOCO after reading what I posted.
I'm not.
I am merely venting my frustration in what I feel are appropriate words for this situation.
I've never been a 'gee whiz golly - gosh darn it' kind of guy.
Secondly I know it sounds like not much has happened and that I'm overreacting and blowing it out of proportion, but I was in a huff and neglected to mention several elements of the story, such as an infrequent recurring smell of something like plastic burning.
It could be one of those freaky drugs people smoke but I would not know.
On a side note this happens very rarely, but it's unpleasant and makes me worry.
Thirdly there are minor tidbits I didn't explain properly; DB you suggested I fuck up the laundry machines and that is a good idea, but it is not a common laundry area like in some houses, and I've screwed and nailed myself out of the place, so well that even the Police couldn't get in .. too bad I didn't think of cutting the power cables right off the machines and throwing them in the trash when I went in there that day.
What makes it funny is, I actually took a small oil heater that was sitting down there thinking:
'I better take this out JUST in case someone breaks in and tries to stay here ..'
{which I had a feeling would happen but for some reason ignored at that time}
^
Lesson learned = PAY ATTENTION to premonitions when you have them, go with your gut feelings.
Anyway, the application for housing is on its way.
Zed, you're absolutely correct, this situation is fucked up, and I hope they get kicked out too.
At the same time I hope it won't be trading small monsters for larger ones.
DB thanks for your suggestion and while there are many ways to make a situation uncomfortable, I'm hesitant to use them due to the fact these guys can make life very unpleasant for us in retaliation, and then it would turn into a full - on battle.
Sometime I should tell you guys the story of how a former acquaintance of mine and his fellow tenant {same house he was in} were at war with each other .. that's really one hell of a story come to think of it.
SC the thought that the landlord may know these people has crossed my mind; they are the sons of a notorious slumlord {and I mean that} and as they say,
'The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree'.
So far this is proving to be the case.
As you probably already guessed, when the former landlord {father of current ones} died a couple of years back, there was a huge funeral parade in Chinatown for him to remember what a good man he was, how much money he contributed to the local businesses, education funds, etc.
meanwhile, this ^ was the same guy who let his tenants live in unsafe, poorly maintained houses and wouldn't even pay for numbers on the mailboxes so letter carriers would know where to deliver mail - that fucking cheap~!
Wouldn't fix a staircase until someone nearly died when it collapsed one time too.
But what do I know right? = according to the City of Vancouver, he was a great man.
Lots of money = great man.
Thanks for your encouraging words; you are right and we will get out of this.
I will miss many freedoms we have living here but it will be worth some compromise to be in a safer situation.
Honestly even though nothing at all has changed I feel better letting off a bit of steam so thanks again for putting up with me, and I wish you guys health and happiness.
|
My Signature |
|
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
 Your new nightmare XXVII:
 
01-26-2016, 04:56 AM
|
#88
|
|
|
Re: Busybodies, old bitties, and other miserable fucks
Never change Joegrow.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
01-26-2016, 12:44 PM
|
#89
|
|
|
Re: Busybodies, old bitties, and other miserable fucks
Quote:
First of all I feel a need to apologize to anyone who thinks I am deranged, dangerous, and down - right LOCO after reading what I posted.
I'm not.
|
I doubt anyone thought that. Eccentric though? Maybe.
|
My Signature |
|
01-27-2016, 03:02 AM
|
#90
|
|
|
Re: Busybodies, old bitties, and other miserable fucks
LOL, 'Eccentric' is an interesting description, which could be taken to mean different things.
It reminds me of how we were once told to speak about people at a job I had years ago, oddly enough this was in the Alberta oilfields:
They told us that, even if the person in question was the biggest fucking asshole on site and everyone knew it and hated him for being that way, we were to say that he was
'Difficult to approach'
Certainly I'm not suggesting you're saying this about me {and if you were then I wouldn't have it any other way, because honesty is the most important thing} but whenever I hear that word 'eccentric' used, it reminds me of those days.
In a way it's part of that Political Correctness BS but I understand it prevents conflict particularly in the workplace.
^
Random thoughts, sorry.
I'm having one of those days I'm afraid.
Left the house with the keys still in the door after I locked it and had to come back {after reaching my destination and realizing what I had done} , then tried logging in on a site with the wrong password.
Interestingly enough I talked with a couple of friends and they are doing similar things today too.
Odd.
Like the moon phase is affecting people or something.
|
My Signature |
|
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
 Your new nightmare XXVII:
 
01-27-2016, 04:20 AM
|
#91
|
|
|
Re: Busybodies, old bitties, and other miserable fucks
I've been called eccentric a few times over the years, I always took it as a compliment.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
01-27-2016, 10:41 AM
|
#92
|
|
|
Re: Busybodies, old bitties, and other miserable fucks
Quote:
|
(of a person or their behavior) unconventional and slightly strange.
|
It is a compliment. Who wants to be called conventional or ordinary?
Also worth noting, if I had a problem with you JG I wouldn't spend so much time playing house with you in MC 
|
My Signature |
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 PM.
|