Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Introduce Yourself Talk about yourself and welcome others.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Introduce Yourself

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #951
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Explain your avatar

Doc Brown in a indian hat with please stand by after Vern destroyed his camera. I found it funny.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #952
Demon-Mask's Avatar
 
Demon-Mask

Re: Explain your avatar

I don't remember that at all.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #953
ZedIsDead's Avatar
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
ZedIsDead

Re: Explain your avatar

It's from the animated series. I honestly had never heard of it until Tails showed me this video, which includes the image in his avatar.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwoyckmxDTM]Back to the Future - the Animated Series S1E1 1/3 - YouTube[/ame]
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!


Old 04-28-2012, 12:28 AM   #954
Demon-Mask's Avatar
 
Demon-Mask

Re: Explain your avatar

Screw the animated series.
It had very little going for it and I like to forget about it.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #955
Razeluxe's Avatar
Regular Poster
605 posts
Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Razeluxe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Razeluxe

Re: Explain your avatar

My name is a character I like.
My avatar is the character.

ta-da
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #956
samejamesbond's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
samejamesbond

Re: Explain your avatar

It's nice, welcome to RU.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Remove Pootis
Old 04-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #957
Demon-Mask's Avatar
 
Demon-Mask

Re: Explain your avatar

Welcome to RU, it's not a bad avatar.

I decided to change mine toArsène Lupin III from Lupin III because I'm finding that the Dream avatar doesn't suit me well.
Green jacket because it looks better than red jacket or pink jacket.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:46 AM   #958
Klawlight's Avatar
Regular Poster
32 posts
Klawlight is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Klawlight

Re: Explain your avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Mask View Post
To change things up a bit, I decided to use Dream from The Sandman. Figured you all might be tired of anime-themed avatars.
Just started using the forums, sad to see you're not using Dream anymore, I LOVE Sandman comics, I have stacks and stacks of Vertigo comics and books by Neil Gaiman haha
----
Avatar - Shinjiro Aragaki, my all time favorite character from my all time favorite video game.
Name - When I was younger I was playing a monster rancher game, I fused my Kira and L mosnters (I was a big fan of DeathNote) and thought K Klawlight would be a fitting fusion name, been using it ever since.

Last edited by Klawlight; 04-29-2012 at 05:49 AM.. Reason: forgot to explain my name
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #959
Demon-Mask's Avatar
 
Demon-Mask

Re: Explain your avatar

Sand man is one of my absolute favorite comics. Neil Gaiman is one of my favorite writers, both for his comics and his novels and whatnot.
I'm sorry to have changed it.

Welcome to the site. Shinjiro was the best character from Persona 3 by far, I like the avatar.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:15 AM   #960
Klawlight's Avatar
Regular Poster
32 posts
Klawlight is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Klawlight

Re: Explain your avatar

Nah, I can understand Dream not suiting someone haha, which version of dream was it, if you remember? lol
And yeah, Shinji is the only reason when I had a PSP that I had a file on P3P as a girl
( Click to show/hide )
On P3P you can see any maxed out boyfriend/girlfriend one last time during the ending, so as FemaleMC, having dated Shinji and maxing him out, he lives to see you one last time... before you sadly die in front of him... But at least he lives
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #961
Demon-Mask's Avatar
 
Demon-Mask

Re: Explain your avatar

It was this version of Dream. The names of the different versions escapes me.
( Click to show/hide )


I liked P3P better than the original version or FES, I liked the female's social links better, since she could have them with both male and female party members.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #962
Klawlight's Avatar
Regular Poster
32 posts
Klawlight is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Klawlight

Re: Explain your avatar

Nice, have you ever read hellblazer comics?
I personally haven't gotten around to it, but I have a ton of them (my mom's lol)
Also apparently Dream was in a few Justice League of America comics, so I need to find those and buy them ASAP.
Also I really liked P3P, but I think FES is my personal favorite, I didn't like how they did fusion attacks in P3P, and the answer is a must have in my opinion, but when I get a new psp (mine is broken ATM) I plan on replaying as FemaleMC
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #963
Demon-Mask's Avatar
 
Demon-Mask

Re: Explain your avatar

I've not gotten around to reading Hellblazer. I should, though. Many people have recommended it.
Dream in JLA? That sounds glorious.
What did you think of Persona 4? I, personally, liked it more than P3. It was more character driven than story driven, but it had a certain charm to it.
Of course, that may have been because it was basically Scooby Doo.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:51 PM   #964
Klawlight's Avatar
Regular Poster
32 posts
Klawlight is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Klawlight

Re: Explain your avatar

I really like Persona 4, but I think I like Persona 3 more.
I'm more into dark things (i.e. Sandman) and felt Persona 4 was a bit happy.
Which was odd, seeing as it was about murder cases o-o
Also I wasn't a HUGE fan of a lot of Persona 4's characters.
I do like your scooby-doo comparison.
Have you played Persona 1 & 2 (either of the persona 2s)?
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:04 PM   #965
Demon-Mask's Avatar
 
Demon-Mask

Re: Explain your avatar

I do agree that P4 was a bit too happy.
The characters fight pretty easily with Scooby Doo.
MC is Freddy. Yosuke was Shaggy, Teddie was Scooby, Chie was Velma, Yukiko was Daphne.
Naoto and Kanji were the random characters that you wished were around from the start and you wanted to replace Daphne and Velma.
I have played Persona 1 and both versions of 2, the stories were great, the gameplay needed work. I have played all of the mainline games, save for Nocturne. I've played both Devil Survivor games.
I've played the majority of the Megami Tensei games. I love them.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Dojima and Adachi were combinations of every bumbling detective type character in the entirety of Scooby Doo.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:11 PM   #966
Klawlight's Avatar
Regular Poster
32 posts
Klawlight is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Klawlight

Re: Explain your avatar

Haha, I may have to steal that comparison from you some time haha.
I've played persona 1 and innocent sin, I found their game play to be really cool
but also very old after a few fights.
I've been trying to get myself to play SMT 1 and 2, and some old MegaTen games.
I'm playing devil survivor 1 right now as I started a year ago but never got past the first boss.
I plan on starting DeSu2 after that, I've played Nocturne, demikids (god so bad) and I'm trying
to get my hands on the rest of the games. Probably my favorite series to date.
Although the mana series is up there. With Legend of Mana and P3FES being tied for my favorite
game of all time at the moment.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:15 PM   #967
Demon-Mask's Avatar
 
Demon-Mask

Re: Explain your avatar

The best of the mainline SMT games is SMT: Strange Journey on the DS. It plays like the older games, mostly. It's glorious and the plot gets really good about ten hours in.
Devil Survivor 2 is less frustrating than the first, it actually has a compendium.
Innocent Sin was much cooler than Eternal Punishment, if only for Michel.
SMT 1 & 2 are online here.
Nocturne, I still need to play. It's so expensive, though.
I've also played the first Megami Tensei as well as all of the Majin Tensei spinoff series.
Also, Devil Summoner and Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers.
Haven't been able to find the Raidou games.
MegaTen is my absolute series of JRPGs.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:41 PM   #968
Klawlight's Avatar
Regular Poster
32 posts
Klawlight is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Klawlight

Re: Explain your avatar

I looked at your profile, noticed the prinny.
Much respect for the NIS man haha.
I have all four disgaeas, disgaea infinite, and prinny 1.
I also have Makai kingdom, and Phantom brave.
I have a bunch of other games by them, and plan on getting all their new releases.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:42 PM   #969
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Explain your avatar

You guys are going off topic with this. Do you want me to make a new topic from these posts? If so tell me what to call it I have no idea what you're talking about.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:47 PM   #970
Demon-Mask's Avatar
 
Demon-Mask

Re: Explain your avatar

http://www.retrouprising.com/video-g...series/t10124/
Just put in the old thread I made about it.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #971
samejamesbond's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
samejamesbond

Re: Explain your avatar

I really liked KATZ's kitten avatar of various album covers, so I went with
the best one: Freak Out! by Frank Zappa.

Sometimes we all need a little bit of experimental music:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THGjCgi6sbA]Frank Zappa - Hungry Freaks Daddy 1966 - YouTube[/ame]
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Remove Pootis
Old 05-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #972
KATZ's Avatar
Kat with the hat
Game Mod
1,139 posts
KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!KATZ has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
KATZ

Re: Explain your avatar

i figured you would get a kick out of them XD
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #973
samejamesbond's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
samejamesbond

Re: Explain your avatar

Yeah, they're awesome. I was deciding between Freak Out! by Zappa, the
Ramones, and Trout Mask Replica by Captain Beefheart.

The Beefheart one looks awesome:


Especially the Ramones one:
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Remove Pootis
Old 05-03-2012, 12:30 AM   #974
DrunkN's Avatar
 
DrunkN

Re: Explain your avatar

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p28e2Y4uJFg]futurama brainslug - YouTube[/ame]
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:10 AM   #975
addcointoplay's Avatar
New Poster
4 posts
addcointoplay is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
addcointoplay

Re: Explain your avatar

My avatar pays homage to the my favourite video game of all-time
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
look at my avatar alexnester Chat 0 09-20-2007 07:04 PM
avatar Squall Chat 22 08-13-2007 08:29 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 PM.

» vBadvanced CMPS