06-06-2012, 03:33 PM
|
#926
|
|
|
Re: dead celebrities
Bradbury was one of my very favorite authors. He will be missed, but the body of work he left behind can be rivaled by few authors in history. His legacy will remain for a long time.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
06-06-2012, 07:50 PM
|
#927
|
|
|
Re: dead celebrities
Something wicked has came this way.
Thanks Ray.
|
My Signature |
|
06-06-2012, 07:59 PM
|
#928
|
|
|
Re: dead celebrities
RIP Bradbury 
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
06-06-2012, 09:08 PM
|
#929
|
|
|
Re: dead celebrities
Man, i loved his book Fahrenheit 451. RIP Bradbury
|
|
|
06-06-2012, 09:38 PM
|
#930
|
|
|
Re: dead celebrities
We had to read 451 in grade 10, and watch the epic movie too, it took 2 classes to watch, RIP.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
06-07-2012, 02:46 PM
|
#931
|
|
|
Re: dead celebrities
Colbert payed tribute to Bradbury by burning a copy of Fahrenheit 451 in his fireplace at the end of his show. I think that was awesome and I think Bradbury would've appreciated it.
---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------
Another tribute, this time from Nasa.
Quote:
|
On Nov. 12, 1971, on the eve of Mariner 9 going into orbit at Mars, Bradbury took part in a symposium at Caltech with Arthur C. Clarke, journalist Walter Sullivan, and scientists Carl Sagan and Bruce Murray. In this excerpt, Bradbury reads his poem, "If Only We Had Taller Been."
|
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBtZjbTDTDk]In Memoriam: Ray Bradbury 1920-2012 - YouTube[/ame]
The poem starts at 2:19
|
My Signature |
|
06-18-2012, 10:08 AM
|
#933
|
|
|
Re: dead celebrities
Ive posted this on my FB and already got an interesting reaction lol. Dudebro will tell you hah.
But RIP to Rodney King. He passed away yesterday
Rodney King dead at 47 - CNN.com
|
My Signature |
|
06-18-2012, 05:37 PM
|
#934
|
|
|
Re: dead celebrities
Pfft.. who cares:
1987-Domestic Violence/wife
1989-Robbery/2yrs prison
1991-speeding 115 mph/felony evade charges dropped
5-91 no driv license
5-91 sex w/male prostitute
6-92 domestic violence/wife 6-92 DUI
8-93 DUI
5-95 DUI
7-95 Hit & Run/hit wife with vehicle
3-99 Property Vandalized/Injured 2 women
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
06-18-2012, 08:26 PM
|
#935
|
|
|
Re: dead celebrities
Why are people so quick to be cruel because someone had a troubled history? Do you not want him to rest in peace? Is that the message you're really giving because he had a criminal record? If so wow. He died at 47, that's too young for anyone.
Btw this is the dead celebs topic, like it or not he was a celebrity.
|
My Signature |
|
06-18-2012, 08:31 PM
|
#936
|
|
|
Re: dead celebrities
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Why are people so quick to be cruel because someone had a troubled history? Do you not want him to rest in peace? Is that the message you're really giving because he had a criminal record? If so wow. He died at 47, that's too young for anyone.
Btw this is the dead celebs topic, like it or not he was a celebrity.
|
Okay DB, you go on celebrating the lives of dirty thugs, I'd sooner look up a random obituary from some kid who starved to death in a 3rd world country and give them a moment of silence.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
06-18-2012, 08:41 PM
|
#937
|
|
|
Re: dead celebrities
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13
Okay DB, you go on celebrating the lives of dirty thugs, I'd sooner look up a random obituary from some kid who starved to death in a 3rd world country and give them a moment of silence.
|
Because people who sympathize with those passed, regardless of criminal record, are incapable of caring about those passed should they have third world country status.
|
|
|
06-18-2012, 08:41 PM
|
#938
|
|
|
Re: dead celebrities
I didn't say celebrate his life. You made a point of coming in here and posting a negative reply about a guy dying just because he had a criminal record. Was that really needed?
How often do you give a moment of silence to random people who die?
The point is people shouldn't talk trash about someone dying young just because they had problems. They're dead, have some respect.
|
My Signature |
|
06-18-2012, 09:04 PM
|
#939
|
|
|
Re: dead celebrities
Funny, considering the fact that the person in question also showed the world how the LAPD was corrupt back then
|
|
|
06-18-2012, 09:18 PM
|
#940
|
|
|
Re: dead celebrities
If it helps you guys feel like good hearted people, then by all means mourn away. I won't be opposed if you all want to throw in a few kind words for Hitler while you are at it.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
06-18-2012, 09:32 PM
|
#941
|
|
|
Re: dead celebrities
Well you're born and then...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brsI6z13Su8"]BANNED XBOX COMMERCIAL - LIFE IS SHORT - YouTube[/ame]
Go reap some xbox.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu8456pVSLI"] [/ame]
Last edited by pacwhiz; 06-18-2012 at 09:41 PM..
|
|
|
06-18-2012, 09:42 PM
|
#942
|
|
|
Re: dead celebrities
RIP Rodney King.
Comparing King to Hitler is just stupid. I wish anyone rest in peace after they die, except for few like Hitler, Bin Laden, etc. There are people far worse than Rodney King.
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
06-18-2012, 09:52 PM
|
#943
|
|
|
Re: dead celebrities
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP
RIP Rodney King.
Comparing King to Hitler is just stupid. I wish anyone rest in peace after they die, except for few like Hitler, Bin Laden, etc. There are people far worse than Rodney King.
|
Okay, well you get it all organized, then send it to me in a pdf format. I'll refer to it whenever I need to know what levels of low-lifeism deserve my respect.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
06-18-2012, 11:07 PM
|
#944
|
|
|
Re: dead celebrities
You're the one who seems to have prerequisites for when we should consider a death tragic and hope the person rests in peace, maybe you should explain it for us?
The point is he wasn't a murderer or anything serious. He was just a troubled dude who happened to be famous for getting beat by the cops.
|
My Signature |
|
06-18-2012, 11:12 PM
|
#945
|
|
|
Re: dead celebrities
So a guy who resists arrest for drunk driving got beat up excessively. That is bad accept the part where it was tapped that's good for Mr.King. At this point he won the lottery because it was tapped. Lawsuit anyone? Now make room for a riot that kills 50 people or so and makes a hero of a criminal. Now being that I had some criminal activities in the past I could tell you that millions of dollars would settle me down a bit, but Rodney? No way! He kept up his thugish ways. He never did anything for anybody accept incite a riot with his lawsuit. Yay way to go. There are over 7billion people on this planet and I just don't have respect for them all just because they're dead. Becoming diciest does not make you special.
|
My Signature |
|
06-18-2012, 11:15 PM
|
#946
|
|
|
Re: dead celebrities
This is a topic for dead celebrities. Being infamous also makes you a celebrity. If you guys wanna make a topic for normal people who die every minute you're free to do so. I think you two are missing the point of this topic and it's causing you to lash out at him for no real reason.
Btw the guy who Ray Liotta played in GoodFellas died the other day, Henry Hill. If the stories are true about him I don't wish him well in the afterlife. He's an actual scumbag because he supposedly murdered people for profit and other really bad stuff. Rodney King is no where near that level.
Last edited by Dudebro; 06-18-2012 at 11:17 PM..
|
My Signature |
|
06-18-2012, 11:29 PM
|
#947
|
|
|
Re: dead celebrities
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
I think you two are missing the point of this topic...
|
Care to fill me in on the point of my topic?
Bottom line, I'm not glad he is dead, but the fact he is a celebrity does'nt seperate him from the next burden on society.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
06-18-2012, 11:29 PM
|
#948
|
|
|
Re: dead celebrities
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
This is a topic for dead celebrities. Being infamous also makes you a celebrity. If you guys wanna make a topic for normal people who die every minute you're free to do so. I think you two are missing the point of this topic and it's causing you to lash out at him for no real reason.
Btw the guy who Ray Liotta played in GoodFellas died the other day, Henry Hill. If the stories are true about him I don't wish him well in the afterlife. He's an actual scumbag because he supposedly murdered people for profit and other really bad stuff. Rodney King is no where near that level.
|
Actually I can't argue that DB and I must say I respect your opinion. Although I'd say your second part sums up what I was thinking. Not everyone deserves a R.I.P. Who has the right to say who does. If one scumbag dies and you say we shouldn't say he doesn't deserves are respect how come when a different scumbag dies you can tell us he wasn't deserving of a little sympathy.
P.S. GoodFellas FTW
|
My Signature |
|

06-18-2012, 11:34 PM
|
#949
|
|
|
Re: dead celebrities
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13
Okay, well you get it all organized, then send it to me in a pdf format. I'll refer to it whenever I need to know what levels of low-lifeism deserve my respect.
|
At first I was  , then I was  , but then I was
But seriously, there are tons of people worse than King. I find it odd that you would speak up about him when there are better examples with even more low-life people.
I don't agree with the decisions that King made, but in his situation, I don't think he deserves the hate compared to a lot worse that do.
But with that, I'm done with the subject. I really don't want to derail this topic and ruin it for others by bickering.
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
06-18-2012, 11:42 PM
|
#950
|
|
|
Re: dead celebrities
This type of discussion is what the topic is about ChrisP, discussing the lives and passings of celebrities.
King is not getting any hate here, he just isn't being put on a pedestal simply because we know his name.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 AM.
|