Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
I thought of christians because they're the ones who are flipping out about stuff like magic in Harry Potter and LOTR and telling their members to boycott them. To me this was a decision to avoid a scenario like this and it's annoying. It's not surprising though.
|
You're hearing the loud, over-religious Christians that want to make themselves feel more superior by telling everyone else that they're wrong. I'm not saying you think so, but if you think that's all Christians, then you're wrong.
That upsets me about Lord of the Rings. Sure, it's not as openly symbolic as The Chronicles of Narnia, but JRR Tolkien was very much a Christian, and actually led C.S. Lewis to Christ (as I've read).
Yes, it's a problem, but I just honestly don't think that the makers of this film were looking at Harry Potter and LOTR in fear that the same might happen to them.
But there may be some truth to that. Because this was founded as a Christian nation, perhaps entertainment as a whole looked upon the battle of Good vs. Evil as being the most important battle of all. This plus having Zeus as the God figure and devil being the Satan figure seems fishy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong
They are the people that show up at military funerals and very loudly tell the mourners that god killed their son because he hates fags.
|
Reminds me of the Christian Identity Group, that believe that Jews are a literal decent of Satan (apparently they forget the fact that Jesus was a Jew), and that black people are soulless beings that were never in the Garden of Eden (which that connection makes no sense to me, at all).
These people are ridiculous. Jesus said not to have hate in your heart; yet these people hate lifestyles and skin colors. It hurts, the disgusting image they paint on God as if He were some hate monger... if God is real, then they might want to read Matthew 7:22-23;
"Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
We shouldn't tolerate obviously senseless hatred like that. I know if one of my family was being buried I'd be going to jail if they showed up to protest.
|
Amen brother, this 'equality' business runs too far.