12-22-2009, 06:34 PM
|
#51
|
|
|
Re: Drinking Stories
TJ Story 1.
When I was 21 I lived in a van with an Indian girl from England that I met on some travel website. We stopped in Tijuana. People come up from behind you in bars and grab your head, pull it back, shove a bottle of tequila in your mouth and then a bottle of margarita mix and shake your head. They then stand their waiting for a tip. Anyways, booze is cheap, I am always a sucker for a good deal, and a bit inexperienced at drinking. We get very drunk. Start to walk home, to the van, and are stopped by some guy that says he wants to show us a good time, the best time. We are drunk, young and trusting. After some questions of what he means and him avoiding all our questions, he escorts us to a bar. It is a long walk and I sober up a tad bit. We sit down he brings us some drinks and sets them down. I start to sober up more and realize that everything is sketchy as fuck. He is way to interested in us drinking these two particular drinks. My first thought is date rape drug in the girls drink. I try to politely say no thanks, it is late and we need to go. He gets very insistent that we drink the drinks now and starts to get angry. We get up and run for the door, hail a taxi and jump in while he is chasing after us. Him and the taxi driver get in a Spanish yelling match and we speed off to safety. I never figured out exactly what was going on but when I was thinking about it the next day I felt like the drinks had to be drugged and it was me that he really wanted to drink it, not the girl. She wasn't that cute and at first glance probably could have passed as local.
TJ Story 2.
When I was 25 I was arrested in TJ for attempted murder.
Me and 5 friends tried to find a place called "Carey's castle" in Death Valley. We didn't find it and almost got lost camping in the desert. We ran out of water about 30 minutes before we found the car. Scary.
On the way home we stopped at an Indian casino and one of us won $200 on BJ. The rest of us lost about $5 each. We then stopped at TJ to finish the trip off.
The first stop in TJ was an ATM. I tried to withdraw $50 or so bucks. Some guy runs up and says he is trying to help and pushes a bunch of buttons. He tries to withdraw over $500. I had a daily limit of $400 so it was turned down. He is small and I stare him down and run him off. I try to withdraw $50 again and he runs up again and tries the same thing saying he is trying to translate for me. It is in English. I grab his arm, cancel the transaction and find an ATM in a locked booth. I don't know what his goal was. I don't think he was going to mug me right there. Maybe he thought if I had a lot of cash I would spend it in his city or maybe he had some guys around the corner waiting for me or maybe he just wanted to test his luck and see what he could get away with or maybe he was just crazy or jonsing.
We got the cheapest hotel we could find and met up with some other friends that were there for the weekend. Everyone except me got some coke and did it.
We then decided to split into 3 groups. 1 group stayed at the hotel. 1 group went to see a guy they met there perform in a drag show.
My group, me and my best friend's 2 cousins who I just met, followed the second group until they said, 'hey, if you want to have fun turn down that road.' We did, it was the red light district of TJ, which is saying a lot, I thought the whole city was red light.
We got half a block down the street and were stopped by a cop. He didn't speak English. He searched us. We contested saying we hadn't done anything wrong and to leave us alone. He insisted that he search us and we eventually allowed it.
This is an important part of the story. We all had matching 1 inch pocket knives from the camping trip in our pockets. I also had a tube of chapstick and nothing else. The other 2 guys had wallets and all the normal stuff in wallets - id, cash, debit card, credit card etc. They also had cocaine in their systems.
He took all of that and motioned for us to get in the car. We started to panic and refused. He pulled out his gun and we got into the car. He drove us to a parking lot full of cop cars - not a police station, just a parking lot.
A new cop got in to the front passenger seat. They talked for a few seconds and then the new cop explained that a Chinese drug dealer had been repeatedly stabbed by three guys fitting our description and that was why we were under arrest. He showed us a passport of the Chinese guy we supposedly stabbed multiple times.
We explained our innocence, the reason for possessing the knives and that their was no blood on any of our stuff and that the knives were only an inch long. He didn't care for any of our excuses and said we could tell a judge.
They both then drove us around for about half an hour occasionally asking us questions like were we here with anyone else, where were they, what kind of car do we have, where is it.
They then stopped at a police station. One of them went inside. A few minutes later he came back and we went on another drive. After a bit we saw a car accident. The cops ran up to investigate it. We were alone in the locked backseat for about 30-60 seconds and talked. We didn't come up with any great plan or explanation.
They came back and we drove some more. He asked us some more questions. He then said, I do not think you tried to kill anybody but sadly your names are already in the computer system. I want to get you out of this but I can't. You will have to spend the night in jail and be processed. You will have to take a drug test and talk to a judge and convince him that you are innocent.
We were picked up in the red light district so they probably assumed we would be afraid of a drug test and of a TJ drunk tank and a TJ judge. Plus one of my friends has to be on a plane in 12 hours.
He then offers a plan. "I want to let you go but we have to get your name's out of the computer first. I have a friend that works the computer at the station. He is a corrupt bastard. He will erase name's and let people go for just $400." The magic ATM max daily withdraw limit. "If we give him the money he can make this all go away."
I immediately say "I have no ID, I never told you my name. I should be able to get that deal for free, right?" He pauses, says yes but your friends have to pay. He drives us to an atm and tells them to withdraw 400 each.
After paying he drops us off at our hotel. We tell the clerk and ask what he would have done. He says I wouldn't have paid and would have got their badge number. We immediately felt like idiots for not thinking of getting a badge number. As soon as he said it, it seemed so obvious. We asked what would they have done if we didn't pay. He said "I don't know, maybe put you in the drunk tank over night and then let you go in the morning".
All in all, it was actually kind of fun for me. I was arrested in Tijuana for attempted murder by crooked cops and nothing bad happened to me. That is pretty cool. The other two guys hated it and do not like talking about it. I think even if I had had to personally pay the money I would of still thought it was kind of cool. Less so but still.
~Fin~
The first story was my first time in TJ. I have been there multiple times before and after the second story. Nothing extremely dangerous happened on the other trips.
Last edited by Kong; 12-22-2009 at 06:37 PM..
Reason: Added last sentence.
|
My Signature |
|
12-22-2009, 06:39 PM
|
#52
|
|
|
Re: Drinking Stories
Quote:
Originally Posted by jozman3000
You should go drinking down in Mexico. Something crazy is bound to happen when you drink over here!
|
Yeah, I'd prefer not to.
|
My Signature |
|
12-23-2009, 02:31 AM
|
#53
|
|
|
Re: Drinking Stories
Great stories, Kong. I have spent time in Mexico, although i've never been to Tiajuana. I have heard similar stories of corrupt cops arresting american tourists for no reason, then bribing them for cash and letting them go. It's really fucked, but that's the kind of shit that happens in a 2nd or 3rd world country.
I will try and post a good story next week. It's late here and I'm half in the bag. For some reason, a good story isn't coming to me.  Sorry.
|
My Signature |
|
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!

12-23-2009, 03:53 PM
|
#54
|
|
|
Re: Drinking Stories
@kong, the guy at the atm most likely does that all the time. I know the gypsies in rome do it like crazy, hit the largest amount take it and run.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
12-23-2009, 05:52 PM
|
#55
|
|
|
Re: Drinking Stories
I've never drinked before or ever plan to, so I'm not really going to have a good story to share.
Funny shit though, Kong when you were talking about the ATM, I kept on thinking about the midget from Happy Gilmore riding the tricycle. :P
|
My Signature |
|
12-23-2009, 08:42 PM
|
#56
|
|
|
Re: Drinking Stories
What? It's one thing to get cocked off of your ass, it's a whole 'nother to chill with a drink or two. There's nothing wrong with the latter.
|
My Signature |
|
12-24-2009, 03:02 AM
|
#57
|
|
|
Re: Drinking Stories
Tails is still young and idealistic, give him a couple years or one really hot girl to change his mind.
|
My Signature |
|
12-24-2009, 05:43 AM
|
#58
|
|
|
Re: Drinking Stories
I'm not the one to go for hot girls though..
|
My Signature |
|
12-24-2009, 05:48 AM
|
#59
|
|
|
Re: Drinking Stories
Hot is in the eye of the beholder. If you met some girl you wanted badly I bet you'd be drinking if she wanted to get drunk. No offense intended, it's a normal reaction in that situation.
|
My Signature |
|
12-24-2009, 06:24 AM
|
#60
|
|
|
Re: Drinking Stories
I judge hot I guess by personality most of all. If that's what you mean.
|
My Signature |
|
12-24-2009, 03:20 PM
|
#61
|
|
|
Re: Drinking Stories
It can also be considered rude to turn down a drink when someone offers you one. Unless you're a recovering alcoholic of course.
|
My Signature |
|
12-24-2009, 03:49 PM
|
#62
|
|
|
Re: Drinking Stories
I agree with Tenser there.
|
|
|
12-24-2009, 04:15 PM
|
#63
|
|
|
Re: Drinking Stories
I'd be offended if I'm not offerd a drink when going to a friend's house.
|
My Signature |
|
12-24-2009, 04:27 PM
|
#64
|
|
|
Re: Drinking Stories
Still wouldn't drink rude or not.
|
My Signature |
|
12-24-2009, 11:03 PM
|
#65
|
|
|
Re: Drinking Stories
@Tails- I'm not a fan of alcohol either but it's not something to be avoided at all costs no matter what. Social drinking is normal and can be very fun. Don't limit yourself at such a young age, you only live once.
|
My Signature |
|
12-25-2009, 02:34 AM
|
#66
|
|
|
Re: Drinking Stories
can you all not understand the concept of someone who simply has no desire to drink?
its not rude to deny a drink under any circumstance, r.u. should not add to the overwhelming peer pressure already opposed on young folk.
@Tails, do what you want to and ignore these bums
Last edited by Slime Slayer; 12-25-2009 at 02:44 AM..
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
12-25-2009, 04:16 AM
|
#67
|
|
|
Re: Drinking Stories
Tails is my friend and I'm giving him my advice. I don't drink so I don't have some peer pressure agenda. Tenser probably does though, he's a dick like that.
If Tails wants to be the guy who doesn't drink that's his choice. I just feel the urge to warn him about how socially awkward that can be. Drinking is a part of our culture and most people do it in some form or another. The reason they do is because most people enjoy drinking/being drunk. Tails has no idea either way since he's never tried it. How can he know until he does?
Cmon Tails just take a shot to see if you like it.
Last edited by Dudebro; 12-25-2009 at 04:18 AM..
|
My Signature |
|
12-25-2009, 04:40 AM
|
#68
|
|
|
Re: Drinking Stories
Nice try. I never fall for peer pressure. :P
@Steven: +1, Thanks. 
|
My Signature |
|
12-25-2009, 06:07 AM
|
#69
|
|
|
Re: Drinking Stories
well drinking is only fun in a social setting because it takes away that level of worry or shyness that everyone has to a certain extent. Drinking alone isn't really fun at all, infact it really sucks haha. I remember when i got drunk for the first time lol... that was a night of a lot of firsts
|
My Signature |
|
ive been missing so long, even the memes have memes.
12-25-2009, 10:02 AM
|
#70
|
|
|
Re: Drinking Stories
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_riesen
well drinking is only fun in a social setting because it takes away that level of worry or shyness that everyone has to a certain extent. Drinking alone isn't really fun at all, infact it really sucks haha. I remember when i got drunk for the first time lol... that was a night of a lot of firsts
|
Why not elaborate on that night of a lot of firsts? This forum is titled "Drinking Stories" after all.
|
My Signature |
|
12-25-2009, 10:03 AM
|
#71
|
|
|
Re: Drinking Stories
First puke? Hangover? Lay? Arrest? Fight?
|
|
|
12-26-2009, 05:40 AM
|
#72
|
|
|
Re: Drinking Stories
LOL...
Alright, i left my families thanksgiving went to my friends house. Did a shot of Cap'n...My first shot ever...Slapped the table and screamed, everyone went silent and said what? I go... "WOW that was awesome!"
This girl i used to know from highschool was there for some reason. We talked a lot and did way too many shots together.....well it led to the First time I got drunk...to the first time i bricked in a girls mouth HAHA (i still feel almost bad about that) That all led to me eventually passing out...from what i remember after that. So that was the first time i got wasted drunk too..haha
THen I woke up and found out a lot more... some of it i barely believe. My friends said i went outside in the snow and made snow angels then threw up for like 30 minutes before someone dragged me inside and i passed out. Thats all i believe haha.
But yeah overall good night
|
My Signature |
|
ive been missing so long, even the memes have memes.
12-26-2009, 12:54 PM
|
#73
|
|
|
Re: Drinking Stories
The soap box doesn't suit you, Steven.
|
My Signature |
|
12-26-2009, 10:22 PM
|
#74
|
|
|
Re: Drinking Stories
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_riesen
the first time i bricked in a girls mouth HAHA (i still feel almost bad about that)
|
Um, bricked as in shit a brick?
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tenser
The soap box doesn't suit you, Steven. .
|
Does it suit me?
|
My Signature |
|
01-07-2010, 10:45 AM
|
#75
|
|
|
Re: Drinking Stories
The first time I got drunk was back in 1997. I was in middle school and a buddy of mine was throwing a party at his house. We managed to get half a dozen Mickey's malt liquor 32 oz. bottles. Mix that with a fatty boom batty blunt and we got some fucked up teens!
I drank an entire bottle of Mickey's and then smoked out with some of the party guests. I don't remember most of the night because I blacked out, but I do remember throwing eggs at moving vehicles at a near by street, and when I ran out of eggs I started throwing rocks instead.
After a while, I was stopped by some man that caught me red handed. He detained me and told me to stand next to his car. As I stood there wondering what was going on, I saw the man step in his vehicle and I could see that he had a radio and was calling someone. I imagined he was contacting the police so I decided to make a run for it. I ran towards a subdivision that was being developed so it had lot's of empty houses and empty lots with overgrown grass to hide in. I laid low and could see the man in his green car scanning the area in which I was in and would move every time I was out of his view. I eventually made it close enough to my house that I made a run for it again. He spotted me but was too far to catch up to me as I ran into a small irrigation ditch located behind the street where I lived at. I knew the terrain so I had no trouble finding my way out.
Once I made it home, I saw that the lights were on in the living room. It was around 2 AM so I knew that my parents were up waiting for me. Fuck it! I figured that it was only going to get worse as time went on so I went in. As I expected my parents were there waiting. My mother asks me where I was and I tell her I was at my friend Chris' house. Then my dad asks me why I'm sweating. I told him that I hadn't noticed that it was soo late and ran home. He didn't buy it. He knew I was drinking. He just didn't tell me anything. He just told me to go to sleep.
The next day he woke me up at 8 AM. He made me cut the grass and do detailed trimming on the trees and pick up dog shit....So yeah, that was my first time getting drunk.
Last edited by joz; 01-07-2010 at 11:08 AM..
|
My Signature |
|

Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 AM.
|