Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
All Other Games Talk about video games we don't have online.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > All Other Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-31-2008, 02:48 PM   #51
david man45's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,660 posts
david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
 
david man45

Re: Greatest Game of All Time

just not a fan.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 02:57 PM   #52
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Greatest Game of All Time

I have a four greatest games of all time consisting of three adventures and an RPG:

Secret of Mana
Link to the Past
Final Fantasy VI
Crystalis

In any order you want.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2008, 03:01 PM   #53
V ideoY3K's Avatar
Regular Poster
398 posts
V ideoY3K has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
V ideoY3K

Re: Greatest Game of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by david man45
gta= for me.
Bad experience?
Concerning GTA? My life is full of them & they usually involve cops (I had another name for them, but it would be inappropriate for this site).
I was trying to be a model citizen, but every time you even go as far as sneeze, they come after me. And they're always shoot first, ask questions second types. And in the end after a very long chase, I always end up dead or arrested, one way or the other.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
&quot;Witness the true art of war... or something to that effect&quot;.<br />- Shingen Takeda<br />&nbsp; Samurai Warriors
Old 09-01-2008, 01:16 AM   #54
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Greatest Game of All Time

GTA games are good but they can only make so many sequels without major changes for so long. But I think the majority of GTA fanboys only care about how many people they can kill and how awesome the graphics look.

@Billy, you really liked Galaxy that much? I liked it but I don't think it merits greatest game.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:41 AM   #55
TrakMastaTom's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom
 
TrakMastaTom

Re: Greatest Game of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
GTA games are good but they can only make so many sequels without major changes for so long. But I think the majority of GTA fanboys only care about how many people they can kill and how awesome the graphics look.
And the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
@Billy, you really liked Galaxy that much? I liked it but I don't think it merits greatest game.
I agree with Galaxy being one of the best games ever. I just have trouble placing it above Mario 64, because of the nostalgia. Galaxy is as good as Mario 64.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:58 AM   #56
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Greatest Game of All Time

I think you misunderstood me TMT. I like GTA, I've played them all except the overhead PC ones. I'm just waiting for them to do something new. You know, something that really blows people away like when the first one came out on PS1 or w/e.

@Galaxy.. This is all a matter of opinion anyways. I did enjoy it but for some reason it just didn't hit me that hard. I'm glad Nintendo is brave enough to make this game, hopefully they keep going with the uncommon game designs.
Like you my Wii is mostly gathering dust atm. I also am just playing 360(btw what games are you playing most?). I'm hopeful about the Wii. Seems like alot of potential but it's slow going right now.


I think I've listed my favorite games about 10 times on RU but one more time can't hurt.
In no particular order...
Fallout 1&2
Final Fantasy Tactics
FF 2&3
Shadowrun
Animal Crossing(new one to my list, didn't realize how much I loved this game)
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:43 AM   #57
Billy Hoyle's Avatar
 
Billy Hoyle

Re: Greatest Game of All Time

I understand both of your points, Dudebro. I thought Galaxy was awesome. I played it almost non-stop for a week over last Christmas - I can't do that with many games. I haven't had the chance to play the most recently released GTA, but I went throught a time period with the previous releases where I also played them for extended periods of time.

Like you said, this is all a matter of opinion. An RPG has no chance of breaking my Greatest 1000 Games of All Time list simply because I don't play them. That being said, I fully understand why another person could have a completely different opinion than mine. Like Louie once sang, what a wonderful world.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:49 AM   #58
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Greatest Game of All Time

I disagree. I believe my list is the most accurate.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2008, 03:25 PM   #59
Timber Wolf's Avatar
Regular Poster
757 posts
Timber Wolf is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via Yahoo to Timber Wolf
 
Timber Wolf

Re: Greatest Game of All Time

lol, Tenser, you always think your rightIF YOU CAN READ THIS YOU NEED TO STEP AWAY FROM THE SCREEN, BTW MY LIST IS RIGHT[size=16pt]YOUR WRONG!!!!!!!! ;D[/size](order of emotions as i went through them), in all seriousness, this is all a matter of oppinion, very few people are going to come up with the same answer, and thats cool, because then you can try their game they say is best.... and disprove it :Pjk, but there are a few games on here I would've never tried, but I'll give em a shot because of this
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
"...The people living there know thirst, hunger, disease, they suffer all these things and in the end, they grow old and die. But for one brief moment they shine as bright as the sun, because they know these hardships, they also know the meaning of happiness..."
Old 10-29-2008, 11:28 AM   #60
Mugen159's Avatar
 
Mugen159

Re: Greatest Game of All Time

I guess I'm weird, but I actually loved GTA3 for the twisted story and dark, depressing urban atmosphere - not killin' folks or whatever else. But that's just #3, I admit. I'd have to say GTA2 was the next best, and all the other ones fall in some order after that...

Oh yeah, and LoZ: LttP < Majora's Mask > Loz: OoT
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:03 PM   #61
V ideoY3K's Avatar
Regular Poster
398 posts
V ideoY3K has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
V ideoY3K

Re: Greatest Game of All Time

I read through the entire thread before I made this post.
Everyone was talking about Zelda, but no one mentioned The Adventure of Link, one of the greatest Zeldas of all time imo.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
&quot;Witness the true art of war... or something to that effect&quot;.<br />- Shingen Takeda<br />&nbsp; Samurai Warriors
Old 10-30-2008, 09:14 AM   #62
StarfoxFan2009's Avatar
Butterscotch
2,971 posts
StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!StarfoxFan2009 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Send a message via Yahoo to StarfoxFan2009
 
StarfoxFan2009

Re: Greatest Game of All Time

I think Pong is the greatest game of All Time because it started the Video Game Revolution, imo
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:52 AM   #63
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Greatest Game of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by V ideoY3K
I read through the entire thread before I made this post.
Everyone was talking about Zelda, but no one mentioned The Adventure of Link, one of the greatest Zeldas of all time imo.
Adventure of link is edited by moderator.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


Old 10-30-2008, 03:33 PM   #64
laserboy1134's Avatar
Regular Poster
612 posts
laserboy1134 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
laserboy1134

Re: Greatest Game of All Time

Mario

Mario 3

Sonic

Sonic 2

Sonic 3

Sonic/Knuckles

Final Fantasy

Metroid

Zelda

Ocarina of time


All these tie on my list.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
<br />Help me raise my Habamon!<br /><br /><br /><br />Link: Well Exscuuuse Me princess!
Old 10-30-2008, 08:58 PM   #65
DrunkN's Avatar
 
DrunkN

Re: Greatest Game of All Time

Definitely Super Man for the N64, and maybe even E.T.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:35 PM   #66
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Greatest Game of All Time

Man we need to add a rule about ET.

"If you feel the need to talk about E.T. for Atari just PM it directly to Tenser to avoid his nerd rage in public."

And yeah, Superman for 64 was awesome! Any game were superman doesn't have his powers to start must rule! What's that? I have to do pointless minigames to get my powers? Even when I do get them they will still somehow suck? God I hate that game.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:21 PM   #67
laserboy1134's Avatar
Regular Poster
612 posts
laserboy1134 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
laserboy1134

Re: Greatest Game of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkninja
Definitely Super Man for the N64, and maybe even E.T.
You are aware that this thread is called Greatest Games of all time right?

My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
<br />Help me raise my Habamon!<br /><br /><br /><br />Link: Well Exscuuuse Me princess!
Old 11-01-2008, 05:42 PM   #68
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Greatest Game of All Time

I would like to nominate E.T. as one of the greatest games of all time.
  • It was the first console game created to have secret areas.
  • It was the first console game created to have human interaction.
  • It was the first console game to have an ending.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2008, 04:12 AM   #69
count100's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,000 posts
count100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
 
count100

Re: Greatest Game of All Time

Tenser I would like to second that nomination for the greatest game. ;D
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:41 AM   #70
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Greatest Game of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by count100
Tenser I would like to second that nomination for the greatest game. ;D
Count, you have just gotten on my good side. +rep for you.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2008, 09:21 AM   #71
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Greatest Game of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
Quote:
Originally Posted by count100
Tenser I would like to second that nomination for the greatest game. ;D
Count, you have just gotten on my good side. +rep for you.
Count, you have just gotten on my bad side. -rep for Tenser.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:06 AM   #72
V ideoY3K's Avatar
Regular Poster
398 posts
V ideoY3K has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
V ideoY3K

Re: Greatest Game of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserboy1134
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkninja
Definitely Super Man for the N64, and maybe even E.T.
You are aware that this thread is called Greatest Games of all time right?

I agree with laserboy1134. I know I'll tick off a lot of people here, but I'll say it anyway. ET does suck.
Why else did you think Atari buried a lot of copies out in the desert somewhere (true story)? Becasuse they don't want anymore people buying & playing a crappy game.
That's why.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
&quot;Witness the true art of war... or something to that effect&quot;.<br />- Shingen Takeda<br />&nbsp; Samurai Warriors
Old 11-02-2008, 01:31 PM   #73
count100's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,000 posts
count100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
 
count100

Re: Greatest Game of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
Quote:
Originally Posted by count100
Tenser I would like to second that nomination for the greatest game. ;D
Count, you have just gotten on my good side. +rep for you.
Count, you have just gotten on my bad side. -rep for Tenser.
Sorry about that dudebro ET was hands down one of the greatest games ever made. Like tenser said it started alot of trends in games and also was just fun to play for hours on end.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:42 PM   #74
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Greatest Game of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by V ideoY3K
I agree with laserboy1134. I know I'll tick off a lot of people here, but I'll say it anyway. ET does suck.
Why else did you think Atari buried a lot of copies out in the desert somewhere (true story)? Becasuse they don't want anymore people buying & playing a crappy game.
That's why.
Oh really? It's amazing how history changes every time someone needs to make an argument against E.T.

I will offer a little contest here.
+Rep for anyone who can tell me what actually happened to the unsold E.T. games.
+Rep for anyone who can tell me what other game/s were along with E.T.
+Rep for anyone who can name 1 of the 2 real reasons why E.T. didn't sell.

Wikipedia is not a valid source nor would any source that gets their information from wikipedia. You can actually try wikipedia if you want, but the article is blatantly wrong and I'll make a fool out of you for doing so.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2008, 03:55 PM   #75
count100's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,000 posts
count100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brainscount100 radiates charm and wit like a freakin' piece of uranium made of genetically altered super monkey brains
View Stats
 
count100

Re: Greatest Game of All Time

Tenser get ready for this

question 1)what actually happened to the unsold E.T. games.
answer. They buried them in a landfill in New Mexico, then steamrolled them and finally poured concrete on top. I believe it was like 5 mil of them, is that correct tenser.

question 3) 1 of the 2 real reasons why E.T. didn't sell
answer. Would that be because they rushed the game out in a couple of months and not fully tested it for bugs and the overall gameplay.

You have me stumped tho on question 2.. For the Atari games at that time and it was 82 I have a guess but I am probably sure that it would be wrong.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tax Time jim5cents Chat 16 03-30-2009 08:43 PM
Greatest Songs samejamesbond All Other Games 2 02-10-2009 05:19 PM
Its time for me to go.. Tails Introduce Yourself 28 04-05-2008 09:11 PM
hello its time for a gigiro2 Introduce Yourself 17 02-23-2008 12:17 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 PM.

» vBadvanced CMPS