Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Team Contests The 4 Retro Uprising teams do battle in a team contest about once a month.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Contests > Team Contests

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-30-2008, 12:08 PM   #51
oasis's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,160 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
oasis

Re: Team Contest II - Dodgeball I Player/Ball Status

well it does take time to post a message i came right down to the wire so i would vote to give a 5 min buffer to type out your throw at person...

but that needs a captain vote.

just to stop any confusion.

i vote yes its in all the teams intrest.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 05-30-2008, 12:13 PM   #52
tanc24's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,215 posts
tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
 
tanc24

Re: Team Contest II - Dodgeball I Player/Ball Status

me too. 5 minute grace period.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!
Old 05-30-2008, 12:21 PM   #53
sabby's Avatar
 
sabby

Re: Team Contest II - Dodgeball I Player/Ball Status

Go by the score submission time, just an idea.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:27 PM   #54
oasis's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,160 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
oasis

Re: Team Contest II - Dodgeball I Player/Ball Status

thats a good idea but only works for the flash games because a mod might not be on to approve the score.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 05-30-2008, 12:53 PM   #55
sabby's Avatar
 
sabby

Re: Team Contest II - Dodgeball I Player/Ball Status

It's not when the mod checks it, it's when the score is submitted by the player.[br]Posted on: May 30, 2008, 11:28:53 AM_________________________________________________A nother question, say Tenser catches the ball that Kong threw at him. He already picked up a ball less than 24 hours ago. Can he throw the ball he caught at someone even though he already picked up a ball?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:55 PM   #56
oasis's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,160 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
oasis

Re: Team Contest II - Dodgeball I Player/Ball Status

yes you can throw balls that you catch

but can not pick up more than 1 ball off the ground per day. so if 8 balls are thrown at me and i catch all 8 i can throw all 8 back but can only pick up 1 ball off the ground and throw that. for a total of 9
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 05-30-2008, 01:06 PM   #57
tanc24's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,215 posts
tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
 
tanc24

Re: Team Contest II - Dodgeball I Player/Ball Status

Here's an idea: I propose that someone cannot pick up the same ball twice UNTIL another player has picked it up.

For instance, Kong throws Virus 2. Tenser drops the ball (not that he will! ). Kong, being a stud at those kind of games, immediately picks up the ball again and throws it at someone else. I don't think that should be allowed.

This will prevent one person from hogging one particular ball and will promote some variety in the game. Otherwise, I'm afraid people will cherry-pick their best game and keep knocking people out with it...

What do you think? Oasis? TrakMasta?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!
Old 05-30-2008, 01:19 PM   #58
oasis's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,160 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
oasis

Re: Team Contest II - Dodgeball I Player/Ball Status

it sounds ok to me but i dont think that would be an issue because if tenser does beat kongs score he will just throw that beaten score at someone else...


im going to vote yes because i dont want tenser to keep lobbing 1943 at people. but i would amend that rule... if no one picks up the ball in a 48 hour period from the time you picked it up you can grab it again...

what i mean is

tenser grabs 1943 and throws it at kong <= 24 hour period tenser can not pick up another ball starts
kong loses in 24 hours and drops the ball <= ball able for people to pick up
but no one wants to touch that ball so tenser cant get it
tenser grabs another ball and throws it <= another 24 hour period starts
after 48 hours of 1943 ball inactivity tenser can pick it up again
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 05-30-2008, 02:45 PM   #59
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Team Contest II - Dodgeball I

Let's try to keep all convorsations in the other thread please.

I picked up Virus 2 at "Posted on: May 30, 2008, 01:13:51 AM". I threw it at "02:11:22 AM". Both EST. 57.5 minutes.

Double posts are merged together. The time of the last post is put at the top. That time is listed in your local time zone. The time of the original post is placed under it and is listed as EST no mater what your time zone is.

I think it is too late to change the rules unless something is just going bad. So you have two hours to pick up the ball, submit your score, then post who you are throwing at. Do it in that order.

The only unanswered question from this thread is whether or not you can pick up the same ball twice in a row. If you want to continue discussing that do so in the other thread please.[br]Posted on: May 30, 2008, 03:10:11 PM_________________________________________________I split the conversations from the other thread and moved them to here.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:12 PM   #60
oasis's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,160 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
oasis

Re: Team Contest II - Dodgeball I

i took out the useless stuff on the stats page to make it easyer to update... and read ... if you want it back i saved the text in original state before i modified it but we wont need it.[br]Posted on: May 30, 2008, 01:29:09 PM_________________________________________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by david man
I pick up 1943 and have until 705 to post it right?
you have exactly 2 hours to post in your local time

so if you are on the east coast and picked it up at 5:05 pm est then you have until 7:05 est to throw it at someone.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 05-30-2008, 09:00 PM   #61
mj23's Avatar
Regular Poster
966 posts
mj23 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to mj23 Send a message via MSN to mj23
 
mj23

Re: Team Contest II - Dodgeball I

what if someone throws a ball at you at like 4 am
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:09 PM   #62
david man45's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,660 posts
david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
 
david man45

Re: Team Contest II - Dodgeball I

Then you have until 4pm to get a score.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:21 PM   #63
TNTisKING's Avatar
Regular Poster
451 posts
TNTisKING is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
TNTisKING

Re: Team Contest II - Dodgeball I

Actually, I think you have until 4 am the next day to post a score.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:51 PM   #64
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Team Contest II - Dodgeball I

Serves you right Kongger for throwing that at me.

I come home after a Friday night of work and have to not only play a flash game but one that requires me to think! I just wanted to enjoy my beer. And I thought we were friends.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2008, 12:36 AM   #65
sabby's Avatar
 
sabby

Re: Team Contest II - Dodgeball I

New question. TNT threw a score at Kong. Tenser just caught Kong's throw, so Kong is out. What do we do with TNT's score/throw.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:41 AM   #66
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Team Contest II - Dodgeball I

It hits me in the back while I'm walking off the court. It is a wasted ball that does nothing.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 01:00 AM   #67
oasis's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,160 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
oasis

Re: Team Contest II - Dodgeball I

cant you try and catch it kong... then tnt would be out and someone from our team come in. just because tenser got you out first does not mean that ball just disapears...
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 05-31-2008, 01:04 AM   #68
tanc24's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,215 posts
tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
 
tanc24

Re: Team Contest II - Dodgeball I

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis
just because tenser got you out first does not mean that ball just disapears...
Of course it does. As soon as you're out, you're OUT.

Nice job, Tenser!
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!
Old 05-31-2008, 01:14 AM   #69
oasis's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,160 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
oasis

Re: Team Contest II - Dodgeball I

and what exactly are you doing tanc... i have not seen you throw anything... its just been our team and a couple others. i bet its your teams stratagy to play defensive...
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 05-31-2008, 01:19 AM   #70
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Team Contest II - Dodgeball I

Both I and TNT have thrown on my team.

Tanc is having log in issues this weekend that's why he hasn't thrown.

The fact is most of my team has to play defensive because we've had scores thrown at us first.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2008, 01:22 AM   #71
oasis's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,160 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
oasis

Re: Team Contest II - Dodgeball I

;P i was just joking. but in all serious ness the throwers are at a sevear dis advantage... i could have killed dudebros score if i had 24 hours... no offence dudebro thats a good score btw. but oh well... just wait for my team to call me back in good job GOM.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 05-31-2008, 01:23 AM   #72
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Team Contest II - Dodgeball I

;D
Hi Oasis. Can I ask why you threw Bonks at me?

Edit - Yeah I quit early too Oasis, I had like 10 lives left and I was on something like 4-2.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 01:24 AM   #73
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Team Contest II - Dodgeball I

No one's calling you back in because MM is about to be wiped out in the first few days.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2008, 01:27 AM   #74
oasis's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,160 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
oasis

Re: Team Contest II - Dodgeball I

@dudebro i threw bonk at you because i did not want to throw at capri... because capri is desent at platformers and your more of a puzzle stratagy person ie loopz and not really platform... and my score sucked and i knew it so i threw at the person i thought would have the most trouble with it.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 05-31-2008, 01:31 AM   #75
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Team Contest II - Dodgeball I

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis
@dudebro i threw bonk at you because i did not want to throw at capri... because capri is desent at platformers and your more of a puzzle stratagy person ie loopz and not really platform... and my score sucked and i knew it so i threw at the person i thought would have the most trouble with it.
Good strategy. But you didn't plan on my anger and sheer force of will. I was not giving up until I ran out of time. I may suck bad at platformers but I've been playing them since before NES.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Contest II - Dodgeball I Player/Ball Status oasis Team Contests 102 06-11-2008 10:32 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 AM.

» vBadvanced CMPS