| Introduce Yourself Talk about yourself and welcome others. |
|
04-13-2013, 06:18 AM
|
#51
|
|
|
Re: The other Arcade games
For rapid-fire, I would consider using a controller emulator with a turbo function, for example, motionjoy provides turbo duration and speed of inputs for turbo-fire. A simpler solution would be to remap the controller your using, either with the emulator for SNES or on the actual controller, so that more than one button is mapped to a single input.
|
|
|
04-22-2013, 03:26 PM
|
#52
|
|
|
Re: The other Arcade games
FudgeDRS, for Super Nintendo, I used shift + End/PgUp, etc, but shift + Delete won't work for me (from my LapTop keyboard), and shift + Backspace I tried won't work either, for the L or/and R button, anything else you know that I can try for that?
|
|
|
05-03-2013, 10:23 AM
|
#53
|
|
|
Re: The other Arcade games
FudgeDRS, I just tried the Coin-Op Bullet Arcade game on Score Mode too, and it still go black when I got to the middle of level 2 of that game also! I don't know if there's anything that Kong or You can fix anything on this Bullet game?
|
|
|
05-03-2013, 03:06 PM
|
#54
|
|
|
Re: The other Arcade games
It's some problem with the version of MAME that RU is using, I've tried it using a more recent build of MAME and it works fine. If there are still problems while running the game using your own copy of the emulator, I would suggest going to the MAME forum.
|
|
|
05-11-2013, 09:35 PM
|
#55
|
|
|
Re: The other Arcade games
FudgeDRS or anybody else:
I would like this Atari game to be fixed please
The Atari 2600 Donkey Kong is not working, and pushing left or right arrow won't move my guy, it keeps reseting it back to the start. I need your advice on how to fix this Atari 2600 Donkey Kong, can anyone here fix this game?
|
|
|
05-12-2013, 06:15 AM
|
#56
|
|
|
Re: The other Arcade games
Its a problem with the actual game, you could ask Kong to get a different version/ copy.
|
|
|
05-15-2013, 06:51 AM
|
#57
|
|
|
Re: The other Arcade games
Someone told me that Kong (was) very busy, do you know when Kong will be available (Like what would be the good day/time to ask Kong that?) here for me to ask Kong the question? - (Atari 2600)
---------- Post added 05-15-2013 at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-12-2013 at 01:30 PM ----------
"Atari 2600 Donkey Kong"
Never mind, it's okay now, I went to another Atati 2600 game site where there's all the Atari 2600 games I can play, and when I tried Donkey Kong from that Atari 2600 site, that Donkey Kong game works fine!
|
|
|
05-15-2013, 09:48 AM
|
#58
|
|
|
Re: The other Arcade games
I asked Kong and he fixed it.
|
|
|
05-23-2013, 02:16 PM
|
#59
|
|
|
Re: The other Arcade games
And on Atari 2600 of Demons to Diamonds, is the space bar used as orange shooting button? If it is, then I tried the space bar, and it won't shoot with that.
I don't know if I asked this too, when I played the Arcade's Greatest Hits - Atari Collection 1, and after a few min. it stops working, then I just save this game often so I don't lose how far I got on this game "Arcade". And do you know if Kong can fix both of this too: "Demons to Diamonds" with the shooting part, and also the "Arcade's Greatest Hits" of the "connection" problem?
|
|
|
05-23-2013, 04:13 PM
|
#60
|
|
|
Re: The other Arcade games
Check input controls for the emulator in use (done at default settings by pressing 'TAB'), the system input defaults for Stella using an Atari 2600 game are the following:
'F1' for select
'F2' for reset
"up, down, left, right" for directional inputs
'SPACE' for fire
|
|
|
05-26-2013, 03:25 PM
|
#61
|
|
|
Re: The other Arcade games
I just got the Atari 2600 Demons to Diamonds working - the fire button is working now.
And did you find an answer for my question about the Arcade's Greatest Hits - Atari Collection 1?
|
|
|
05-30-2013, 08:36 PM
|
#62
|
|
|
Re: The other Arcade games
I debugged Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection 1 - Super Nintendo and its a memory exception called when you get a game over, its not really the fault of the ROM but the process by which the emulator Snes9X v1.51 reads it, because this error lies within the emulator itself, and how your operating system and/or browser is built/set, I doubt there to be any resolution any time soon.
Alternatively you can alway play using the score enabled emulator MESS, and although the save state is disabled for the sake of scores you can always continue or start over without risk of having the emulator crash (or use the JVM-based emulator).
Last edited by FudgyDRS; 05-30-2013 at 08:39 PM..
|
|
|
05-30-2013, 09:06 PM
|
#63
|
|
|
Re: The other Arcade games
Try this. I have not tested but it may work.
Scroll down to bottom left of page.
Change the style box from Default to Beta.
Then load the game. Select ArcadeOX Score Mode Beta.
Then use F6 and F7 to save and load.
Should allow you to play the game in the score mode emulator with saves.
|
My Signature |
|
05-30-2013, 10:17 PM
|
#64
|
|
|
Re: The other Arcade games
No, saves are still disabled, and this error seems not to be just at game over but when some of the enemies spawn as well (Centipede); the error is called because the program is corrupting the heap somewhere by not deleting the call stack before writing over it (disassembly), but this is unclear to where exactly the violation occured.
|
|
|
05-30-2013, 10:59 PM
|
#65
|
|
|
Re: The other Arcade games
I forgot an important step.
Scroll down to bottom left of page.
Change the style box from Default to Beta.
Then load the game. Select ArcadeOX Score Mode Beta.
After the game starts press F1 to enable Full Mode.
Then use F6 and F7 to save and load.
|
My Signature |
|
05-31-2013, 09:05 PM
|
#66
|
|
|
Re: The other Arcade games
I tried it and it did work!
I see that your system have very many Coin-Op Arcade games, and do you have these other Coin-Op games (not in Nintendo or any other systems):
1. Shao-Lin's Road
2. Space Invaders Deluxe
3. Star Luster
4. Super Mario Bros.
5. The End - (I throught I saw you had this "Coin-Op" game) ?
---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------
The Coin-Op games:
Galaga, Xevious & Bosconian is having problems working after click off the game & open the same game back up again as it will just continue where I stopped it, should these coin-op games be fixed too, or is it just okay the way it is?
(If it's not working okay, I just push reset for it to work but from the start after I close that game)
---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------
The (other) Coin-op games that don't have sound when I play them here, do you think you can get the sound to work on any of those other games so I can play the other Coin-op Games here with sound "Or will these other games are going to get any sound (later in the future) if it's possible to get the sound to work on these 'later'- like Boxing Bug, Tank Battalian, etc."?
---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------
FudgeDRS, should I ask Kong if it will be okay to give these to you:
How much time do you have & what days are you available to respond to the 'Quick Reply' here?
I gave these to one of user that's on another Answer Website, he/she did several & haven't done another in a long time.
Will you mind or would you like to do any work subjects here?
Then I'll give you other options of how many to do, & how many page(s) at a time to give you, and give you these each day/week through 'Quick Reply' for you to do.
"This have image loading system so I can give you some with graphics too!"
Or I may tell you how many to do, then how many pages, etc. and I'll ask if that will be okay.
---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------
When I opened Retro Uprising game site, it was set on 'Beta' mode, then I opened 'Arcade's Greatest Hits - Atari Collection 1, played Centipede with infinite lives at speed 200%, and after about several minutes when it was counting mushrooms, then it makes the repeating counting mushroom sound as follows then the game just stopped working; I don't know if maybe it was caused from counting the mushrooms too fast or do you know what causes it?
Anything else I can do about that, unless I may just keep saving the game?
|
|
|
05-31-2013, 09:39 PM
|
#67
|
|
|
Re: The other Arcade games
1) No, but there is the game's predessor Yie Ar Kung Fu - Arcade/Coin-Op
2) Space Invaders DX - Arcade/Coin-Op
3) No, only the NES verson: Star Luster - Nintendo Entertainment System
4) No, and it seems MAME does support this game but I'm unsure of this verson
5) End - Arcade/Coin-Op
I tried playing with the sound with alot of the games here sometime I couldn't fix them because of the because of the game or emulator but overall the games for coin-op generally work better on the more current versions of MAME.
I'm usually on GMT -8 time and I'm on around 12am-3am.
I'll be glad to help but please do realise that I am by no means part of the staff here at RU and I cannot directly change anything on the site only make suggestions, regardless I can checkout any problems your having with the games here if you like. Also, I wouldn't call this a "Answer Website", just other users and myself sometimes answering your questions.
|
|
|
06-01-2013, 09:27 PM
|
#68
|
|
|
Re: The other Arcade games
For fudgyDRS :
I don't know if you answered about the work problems that I will type/give to you.
A person I type to not on this site, but the other site/web page if you know what I meant.
I will give you these to do, and tell me if you like to do them, or don't really like them. Then I will give you more or in a whole page if you do: (These math problems might be really hard to do, each of these math problems might take a while to do)
"a. 47.85 + 82.1 % (=)
b. 477.56 X 100.55 % (=)
c. 477.85 X 96.4 =
ship home thundering
1. The giant _____ just sank!
2. I need to get _____ and do my things.
3. It's _______ outside, we need to stay inside because it's going to rain!"
Last edited by danielpbone@yahoo.com; 06-01-2013 at 09:30 PM..
|
|
|
06-01-2013, 09:50 PM
|
#69
|
|
|
Re: The other Arcade games
I don't understand why any of these "math" problems would be particularly difficult, but if you like I could give you some problems from some of my old mathematics textbooks that I find difficult logic problems (general "network theory"). Also, if you ask a math problem try to use a more general notation, "% (=)" is unclear and could be defined as either #1mod(#2) = or #1 + #1*#2*0.01 =, or some abitrary notation that means something completely different.
|
|
|
06-02-2013, 12:31 PM
|
#70
|
|
|
Re: The other Arcade games
Okay, you can give me some of your old mathematics from your textbook
---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------
I don't know if I got an answer from the "Arcade's Greatest Hits - Centipede at speed 200% played with infinite lives" question
---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------
For FudgyDRS
I will give you 2 pages as 2 subjects every few days with 10 math problems & 10 spelling/fill in blanks, I will tell you what other subjects I have on the list for you to do too. I may have to see which work problems to give you. I will check them and give you points for each ones you got right, or number of % right in a whole page as close to big points. Or someone else here may check the "math problems" that I gave you to do here, or maybe Kong can check yours. And you may think of something that you'll like from points you earn, then I will do/make them, Okay?
|
|
|
06-02-2013, 04:16 PM
|
#71
|
|
|
Re: The other Arcade games
A math riddle.
Make a mathematical formula for each whole number from 0 to 100.
You can use any mathematical symbol, such as + - / * and decimals, parenthesis, factorial, percent. and any other symbol you can think of.
But the only number you can use is 4.
Example
0 = 4-4
1 = 4/4
2 = 4/4 + 4/4
and so on all the way to 100.
For extra challenge you can either try to make them all have exactly four 4s or you can try to make them all be as short as possible.
|
My Signature |
|
06-02-2013, 06:12 PM
|
#72
|
|
|
Re: The other Arcade games
Kong,
Will it be okay if I make-up a sign in place of another character/symbol "as this symbol '#'", and I will make that sign that will be in lower rank than + or *, as 4 # 4 = 5, 4 # 12 = 7 ?
But I will just put them in and finish-up that "math riddle"
---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------
On Smash TV that I played from Super Nintendo, I set that game speed to 143%, and after I played it for a while, then it lose the sound effects, then I hear only the 'music' sound from that game. Do you know if the game speed caused it to lose the other sound when playing?
|
|
|
06-02-2013, 06:56 PM
|
#73
|
|
|
Re: The other Arcade games
This is a classic question, not necessarily simple but very important in optimization:
Given a list of cities and the distances between each pair of cities, what is the shortest possible route that visits each city exactly once and returns to the origin city?
|
|
|
06-02-2013, 07:43 PM
|
#74
|
|
|
Re: The other Arcade games
Answer to FudgyDRS's classic question:
I don't know 'exactly' how this should be answered, I don't know if this will be enough detail:
As there are 2 rows of cities, start with first row and go across visiting every cities in the first row, when get to the end, go over to the second row and do the same. Go almost like in a loop but flat if my city is about in the middle - I don't know what you'll think of this for your classic question. If that's not the answer you like for this, then may have to give me more explanation on this.
Now I'm about to finish up the other problems that I got from Kong!
---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------
Kong,
May you look just this one over and see if that's how you want it to be done showing you just the first 16 steps, then I will do the rest:
@ comes before / & -, as 4 @ 4 = 3, 4 @ 12 = 1
% find the middle number, as 0 % 10 = 5
# comes before * & +, as 4 # 4 = 5, 4 # 16 = 8
0 = 4 - 4
1 = 4 / 4
2 = 4 / 4 + 4 / 4
3 = 4 @ 4
4 = 4 % 4
5 = 4 # 4
6 = 4 # 4 # 4
7 =
8 = 4 + 4
9 =
10 =
11 =
12 =
13 =
14 =
15 =
16 = 4 * 4
. . . .
|
|
|
06-02-2013, 07:54 PM
|
#75
|
|
|
Re: The other Arcade games
The answer is an approximation to a solution rather than an answer in itself, which is precisely why this problem is still significant today.
Kong, you question can be solved using any series of exponentials, so I suggest limiting the types of operations that can be use for such problems as that.
Last edited by FudgyDRS; 06-02-2013 at 07:57 PM..
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 PM.
|