| All Other Games Talk about video games we don't have online. |
|
|
View Poll Results: Are you getting a 3DS?
|
|
Yes
|
  
|
23 |
33.82% |
|
Yes but not around launch
|
  
|
15 |
22.06% |
|
Undecided
|
  
|
11 |
16.18% |
|
No
|
  
|
19 |
27.94% |
04-04-2011, 03:16 PM
|
#626
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
I'm just going to ask this again:
How does it look with the 3D effect off? Are the graphics good without the 3D, or is the 3D effect the only graphical merit the console has to offer?
All people talk about in regards to the graphics seem to be the 3D effect, which leads me to believe that the only graphical merit comes from the 3D. I don't like 3D all that much, and if 3D is all it has to offer, I am not inclined to even consider buying this. It isn't that I think graphics are terribly important, I just think it is more than reasonable to have something with decent graphics in this day and age. Remember how crappy the polygonal 3D was on the DS? Yeah, I'd hope Nintendo has at least moved past that level a bit.
|
|
|
04-04-2011, 03:35 PM
|
#627
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
That was my impression of it and I tried it twice at two different gamestops. I know my opinion on this is automatically suspect though so I'll just leave it that and let the cj continue.
|
Just for the record, I don't consider your opinion suspect. I like to joke around with you labeling you a MS fanboy and all but I don't really care. Everyone has their own tastes and it's certainly true that the 3D effect does not work for everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebagel
Upon further play, I think the best looking 3D to me is in Ridge Racer, Monkey Ball (though the range is particular in that one), and Samurai Warriors. Not every game is as impressive as others, but it looks nice to me.
|
Indeed. I find the 3D effect really aides in judging distances which is really helpful in an arcade racer like Ridge Racer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Mask
I'm just going to ask this again:
How does it look with the 3D effect off? Are the graphics good without the 3D, or is the 3D effect the only graphical merit the console has to offer?
|
I can't really answer that. For one, they're launch titles. All systems improve graphically as they age because developers become more capable in working with the hardware. Also, launch titles are almost always rushed.
Supposedly the graphical capability lies somewhere between the Wii and 360. I don't really care about graphics as long as a game has great game play so I don't really know too much about graphical capabilities.
If you're asking if the graphics take a hit from turning the 3D effect off the answer in no in my experience. I believe SH mentioning that it could even be better without the 3D effect because it needs less CPU usage or some nonsense.
|
My Signature |
|
04-04-2011, 03:39 PM
|
#628
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
The 3D effect worked for me but it just didn't look impressive. Maybe Street Fighter is a bad example but it's the only game I saw demoed.
For the record I really do love 3D stuff. I don't care if I need to wear a 100 pound helmet to get the effect, as long as it's cool. SF really did remind me of 2D pretending to be 3D, like those old handheld games with static layers.
|
My Signature |
|
04-04-2011, 03:42 PM
|
#629
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
The 3D effect worked for me but it just didn't look impressive. Maybe Street Fighter is a bad example but it's the only game I saw demoed.
For the record I really do love 3D stuff. I don't care if I need to wear a 100 pound helmet to get the effect, as long as it's cool. SF really did remind me of 2D pretending to be 3D, like those old handheld games with static layers.
|
I know what you mean on that game. I felt the same way on that game. I suggest trying out Samurai Warriors (even the opening is great 3D), Ridge Racer, and Monkey Ball. Of the 6 games I got, I think these utilize the best 3D overall.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
04-04-2011, 03:50 PM
|
#630
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
I'd gladly try them out if I could but no one I know has a 3DS or has any plans on getting one. Maybe ya'll should hurry up with the GDA3DS fund.
|
My Signature |
|
04-04-2011, 03:53 PM
|
#631
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
Quote:
|
If you're asking if the graphics take a hit from turning the 3D effect off the answer in no in my experience. I believe SH mentioning that it could even be better without the 3D effect because it needs less CPU usage or some nonsense.
|
That wasn't my intended question, but I find that answer helpful nonetheless. My question is this: Is the only reason the graphics are seen as impressive due to the 3D effect, or would the graphics still be seen as impressive if there was no 3D effect?
Think of it as me asking about the movie "Avatar", were the special effects truly impressive on their own, or was it only impressive due to the 3D technology? If you watched "Avatar" on DVD, on a non-3D television without any form of 3D glasses or anything, would the special effects still look good?
If you were to take a 3DS game and play with the 3D completely off, would the games still look impressive?
While graphics are very unimportant to me, when something is selling itself on the graphical capabilities, it's nice if it looks good. My thing is that I really dislike 3D effects, and some of the games look interesting to me. But, if the games suffer from the same ugliness any polygonal 3D game on the DS did, I wouldn't be able to justify buying the 3DS at all, as it would be nice if it at least looked good. I want the 3DS's games, without the 3DS's 3D, if that makes any sense.
|
|
|
04-04-2011, 04:39 PM
|
#632
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
I got one. Its awesome. My friend code is 0216-0811-3805, for anyone who wants it. Also I am registered as Anthony on my 3Ds so if you se that its still me.
|
|
|
04-04-2011, 05:29 PM
|
#634
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
Not bad, not bad at all. Thanks for that.
|
|
|
04-04-2011, 06:03 PM
|
#635
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
@Tenser- OK. I added you. Also the games I have are the same as Steven. Nintendogs + Cats and SSFIV. Also again, what does it mean when it says Squall - Paul?
For everyone else on the list I added you.
Last edited by pieman124; 04-04-2011 at 06:13 PM..
|
|
|
04-05-2011, 10:24 PM
|
#636
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
added you pieman. since graphics seems to be the talk, i did notice a little difference in graphics with the dsi vs. the 3ds when i was playing pokemon white or any other non 3ds title. Im not sure how to explain it, but it didnt seem as... crisp as the dsi's graphics.
|
My Signature |
|
04-06-2011, 04:47 PM
|
#637
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
@pieman - it means that my username here is Squall, but my mii's name is Paul.
|
My Signature |
|
04-06-2011, 05:43 PM
|
#638
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
I street passed that Sean dude again. Second time now at Wal~Mart, he must work there.
|
My Signature |
|
04-06-2011, 07:11 PM
|
#639
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
@WB. Any thoughts on monkeyball generally? Does it return to the awesome formula the GC games had, or is it more like the wii versions?
I really want one of these, yet I could use 300 bucks at least for a new computer ASAP and my xbox is having freaking glitches (only in shadowrun, maybe I need to redownload it?). I also could use a new bowling ball soon enough... Top that off with 35 bucks a month allowance. Economy needs a slap. :P
|
|
|
04-06-2011, 07:19 PM
|
#640
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
Quote:
|
my xbox is having freaking glitches (only in shadowrun, maybe I need to redownload it?)
|
I doubt that would help but it can't hurt to try. The real problem is the developer was closed down right after launch and only one patch was ever released. If they stayed open longer they would've addressed the connection issues and other minor glitches.
|
My Signature |
|
04-06-2011, 07:31 PM
|
#641
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
(I can't quote on wii just fyi for you guys)
@DB, the microsoft studios intro always skips frames or whatever you want to call it, it lags, pauses and stuff. Also the screen has random green and pink glitchy things appearing on the screen when I load the main menu usually.
|
|
|
04-06-2011, 07:36 PM
|
#642
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36
@WB. Any thoughts on monkeyball generally? Does it return to the awesome formula the GC games had, or is it more like the wii versions?
|
I have fun with it Cam, but I'm not the best judge when it comes to the different versions. I had one I think on GC, but I never really played it much. I like the one on 3DS, and the 3D really takes it to a whole new level in my view.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
04-06-2011, 07:47 PM
|
#643
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
Picked up 2 new games, Bust-a-Move and lego star wars. So far I really like them both. The 3D on lego didnt seem as spectacular. I had 3D on and at one point, a droid shot a laser and it went straight at my screen  . That was pretty tripy.
|
My Signature |
|
04-06-2011, 07:47 PM
|
#644
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36
(I can't quote on wii just fyi for you guys)
@DB, the microsoft studios intro always skips frames or whatever you want to call it, it lags, pauses and stuff. Also the screen has random green and pink glitchy things appearing on the screen when I load the main menu usually.
|
Yeah mine has never done that. I've also played it a lot on my brothers xbox and I've never seen that either. Maybe it's a problem with the digital download.
|
My Signature |
|
04-06-2011, 07:51 PM
|
#645
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
@DB, yeah maybe but you think the downloadable one would be more reliable. Then again it may be my hard drive. I got an E68 error or something a week ago and it was about hard drive not reading properly. It wasn't plugged in right there though so idk.
@WB, thats good. I always enjoyed how super monkeyball's gameplay was at least on GC. There was this one game on wii I really liked called Kororinpa Marble madness. It was pretty cool and similar to monkeyball, but you had to tilt the remote around to move the game board thing.
Last edited by CatalystiCam; 04-06-2011 at 07:54 PM..
|
|
|
04-06-2011, 08:17 PM
|
#646
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
You should post about this problem on the Xbox.com support forum section. I've never used the digital download program and I don't know anyone who does. At least in that forum mods will try to help and normal users who've used the service. Might be a simple fix or or maybe it's just certain games and nothing can be done.
|
My Signature |
|
04-06-2011, 08:26 PM
|
#647
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
@DB, the game runs fine other than that, I was having issues last night as you know but that was my computer taking up all the ram with updates so the xbox got nothing barely (I would think this is why I had the bad connection).
|
|
|
04-06-2011, 08:43 PM
|
#648
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
@Cam: I'd wait until late May or early June to pick up a 3DS. All fanboyism aside, the system really was rushed about two months. By then they'll not only be a steady stream of games being released but you'll also have the VC, 3DSWare, and NetFlix.
|
My Signature |
|
04-07-2011, 01:51 AM
|
#649
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
@Cam: I'd wait until late May or early June to pick up a 3DS. All fanboyism aside, the system really was rushed about two months. By then they'll not only be a steady stream of games being released but you'll also have the VC, 3DSWare, and NetFlix.
|
I keep hearing this all over the place, the whole it's better to wait type of thing. I don't understand the logic, your gonna pay the same price for it, why wait?
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
04-07-2011, 03:23 AM
|
#650
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
Because you might as well wait for some half decent games to come out before buying it, so you don't have a $250 machine sitting wasting shelf space.
|
My Signature |
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.
|