| All Other Games Talk about video games we don't have online. |
|
10-27-2012, 12:11 AM
|
#551
|
|
|
Re: Steam, its games and our players.
Magic is free btw. You can buy booster packs and stuff but it's just a quicker way to get cards.
|
My Signature |
|
10-27-2012, 07:49 AM
|
#552
|
|
|
Re: Steam, its games and our players.
Sorry bout that Dudebro. While I kinda want to play it, I have so many other things to play right now. Started playing Dungeons and Dragons online. gotta say it's a lot better than I thought. also I've gotten kinda hooked on League of Legends.
|
|
|
10-27-2012, 01:57 PM
|
#553
|
|
|
Re: Steam, its games and our players.
@DB- I was talking about Terraria. I really don't have any want to play Magic 
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
10-27-2012, 04:25 PM
|
#554
|
|
|
Re: Steam, its games and our players.
I just read that Turbine had to lay off some people, D&D might be in trouble. LOTR online is also FTP and not that popular. Doesn't seem sustainable.
If anyone ever wants to play a match of Magic just let me know, I'm in no rush.
Terraria is like 9.99 now but it goes on sale pretty regularly. I'm sure it will be like 2.50 in a month or so, pick it up then. It's a lot of fun.
|
My Signature |
|
10-27-2012, 06:30 PM
|
#555
|
|
|
Re: Steam, its games and our players.
I wouldn't recommend Terraria. It's a poor man's Minecraft.
|
My Signature |
|
10-27-2012, 06:47 PM
|
#556
|
|
|
Re: Steam, its games and our players.
Don't listen to Tenser. Terraria has digging and building but other than that it's nothing like MC.
|
My Signature |
|
10-27-2012, 07:49 PM
|
#557
|
|
|
Re: Steam, its games and our players.
Terraria is a lot better than Minecraft in terms of mechanics, exploration and building. But to be fair, something about it being 2D does tend to make one less attached to it for some reason.
|
|
|
10-27-2012, 07:54 PM
|
#558
|
|
|
Re: Steam, its games and our players.
I wouldn't say it's better about building or exploring. Both are great in their own ways. It does beat MC in crafting and the items you can find though.
I still just don't get how retro game fans are not all over this game though. It's practically screams retro and it's not just faking it.
|
My Signature |
|
10-27-2012, 08:44 PM
|
#559
|
|
|
Re: Steam, its games and our players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Don't listen to Tenser. Terraria has digging and building but other than that it's nothing like MC.
|
The developers stated they were directly inspired by Minecraft.
Either way, I found the game boring as hell. At least watch some videos before you jump in and throw away your money.
|
My Signature |
|
10-27-2012, 08:46 PM
|
#560
|
|
|
Re: Steam, its games and our players.
In my quest to obtain the almight Saxton Hale Mask, I have so far acquired
4/9 masks with 2 extras if anyone is interested.
Also, I had the greatest accidental domination against DN.
Friends don't let friends rocket jump with Kritz active.
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
10-27-2012, 08:47 PM
|
#561
|
|
|
Re: Steam, its games and our players.
did you play it with any friends? I know that's not an excuse in enjoying a game (completely) but it can make a big difference. I like Minecraft, but only when I'm playing with others. I can't stand it by myself. Same with Terraria.
@Dudebro If you end up getting it, then lemme know. Klawlight and I would be willing to play with you.
|
|
|
10-27-2012, 09:03 PM
|
#562
|
|
|
Re: Steam, its games and our players.
Where is the list of masks?
I didn't open my cauldron yet. Going to wait for Halloween lol.
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
10-27-2012, 09:46 PM
|
#563
|
|
|
Re: Steam, its games and our players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeluxe
did you play it with any friends? I know that's not an excuse in enjoying a game (completely) but it can make a big difference. I like Minecraft, but only when I'm playing with others. I can't stand it by myself. Same with Terraria.
|
Yes, I played it on an IRL friend's server.
Minecraft is my favorite game of all time. I've played it on servers and alone all the time. It is absolutely amazing and only limited to your imagination. Terraria pales in every comparison.
|
My Signature |
|
10-28-2012, 05:04 PM
|
#564
|
|
|
Re: Steam, its games and our players.
I REQUIRE ASSISTANCE!
I got a Name Tag and I can't think of anything creative aside from:
Needle Gun: "Fox News (as accurate as)"
Frying Pan: "Advanced Spy Checking Device"
Rocket Launcher: "Crit Happens"
Sticky Launcher: "Who says spawn camping isn't fun?"
Medigun: 
Jarate: "Bear Grylls' Lemonade"
If you guys have any ideas it would be great.
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
10-28-2012, 06:54 PM
|
#565
|
|
|
Re: Steam, its games and our players.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tenser
The developers stated they were directly inspired by Minecraft.
|
Yeah, that's why it has similar stuff like digging and building. Other than that it's not the same at all. Comparing it to MC is unfair. It's a great game that is inspired by another great game, what's wrong with that? It's not like they're trying to copy MC or steal it's thunder.
People should watch videos of it before they buy, like with any other game, but it's not a huge risk at 2.50- 5$ on sale. Compared to how much MC costs that's nothing.
Think of it this way. If MC was thought up during the snes era it would've been Terraria and it would be a classic.
@Razeluxe- I've had Terraria for many months now. I have my system all set up to host a server if you guys are down. We just have to come to an agreement about what characters to use, maybe start fresh?
@SJB- Sorry no ideas for you atm.
|
My Signature |
|
10-29-2012, 07:35 AM
|
#566
|
|
|
Re: Steam, its games and our players.
Ah. the way you were saying it, I thought you were just on the fence about buying it or something. Ah, that could be cool. Our world kinda got destroyed when we went into hard mode.
|
|
|
10-29-2012, 04:06 PM
|
#567
|
|
|
Re: Steam, its games and our players.
Let me know if you guys feel like playing it sometime. I haven't loaded up the server in months but I don't think I changed any settings so it should be ready to go.
|
My Signature |
|
11-01-2012, 10:47 PM
|
#568
|
|
|
Re: Steam, its games and our players.
Faerie Solitaire is free on Steam until Nov. 8th. dunno how good it is but it's free. Also it gets you a TF2 item
|
|
|
11-01-2012, 10:54 PM
|
#569
|
|
|
Re: Steam, its games and our players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearhawk72
Faerie Solitaire is free on Steam until Nov. 8th. dunno how good it is but it's free. Also it gets you a TF2 item
|
I can't find info for the item on Steam, where did you find that out?
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
11-01-2012, 11:02 PM
|
#570
|
|
|
Re: Steam, its games and our players.
What do you have to do to get the TF2 item?
|
My Signature |
|
11-01-2012, 11:17 PM
|
#571
|
|
|
Re: Steam, its games and our players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samejamesbond
I can't find info for the item on Steam, where did you find that out?
|
Saw it posted on another forum.
Faerie Solitaire on Steam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
What do you have to do to get the TF2 item?
|
No clue, I've only seen mentions of there being an item attached to the game
I played through the first level, it seems pretty good. It's a variation on solitaire with money collecting and rpg/puzzle elements it seems.
|
|
|
11-02-2012, 03:54 AM
|
#572
|
|
|
Re: Steam, its games and our players.
Good find Bearhawk.
|
My Signature |
|
11-03-2012, 03:47 AM
|
#573
|
|
|
Re: Steam, its games and our players.
While looking at the free games I came across Dwarfs FTP. I played the tutorial and an hour long arcade match and it's a lot of fun. Your dwarves wander around digging but you can direct them for a small fee. You also have to make warriors to defend against minions and bosses that you uncover in caves.
It's like Lemmings (bolded so Kong might see this) but without the linear puzzles.
This video is slow but it shows the gameplay well enough-
Let's Play Dwarfs!? Free To Play [#1] - YouTube
---------- Post added 11-03-2012 at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-02-2012 at 06:51 AM ----------
I found more info about the solitaire tf2 promotion. Apparently you just have to install it before the next update to get the item. It's free right now so go install it while you can and you get to keep it. The item is meh but it's free and all class(I think) so it's not so bad.
Also, here's what SJB has been up to in TF2-

Last edited by Dudebro; 11-03-2012 at 03:49 AM..
|
My Signature |
|
11-03-2012, 12:26 PM
|
#574
|
|
|
Re: Steam, its games and our players.
TF2 related. I figured it was worth sharing in the Steam Thread.
|
|
|
11-04-2012, 01:18 AM
|
#575
|
|
|
Re: Steam, its games and our players.
It's weird in TF recently. That sexy lady turns into a creepy shirtless spy when you're close, couldn't get a ss of it though.

|
My Signature |
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.
|