| Team Contests The 4 Retro Uprising teams do battle in a team contest about once a month. |
|
10-19-2010, 05:03 PM
|
#551
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VI - Tag Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13
I hate to be the one to do this, but shouldnt U.N. squadron be set to farm? Does anyone know what I'm referring to?
|
Are you talking about the trucks? From what I have seen, you can't kill them endlessly until the very final section of the game. In that area I just kill a couple and move on. The thing is, the bosses are worth so much more, someone would have to literally sit and kill trucks over and over again to amass a lot of points. In the early sections, the trucks move out of reach pretty quickly, so that's not a factor. Plus, we have verification methods in place if someone went overboard on that, so I don't think there is really a worry.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
10-19-2010, 05:09 PM
|
#552
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VI - Tag Team
So how many can we kill?
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
10-19-2010, 05:54 PM
|
#553
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VI - Tag Team
Now this is interesting. We have a exploit that assuming you had the time you could really rack up points with. How do you gauge how many is too many?
|
|
|
10-19-2010, 06:00 PM
|
#554
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VI - Tag Team
if it is a simple convenient drop to get the truck then it is fine. That's what I say.
|
|
|
10-19-2010, 06:02 PM
|
#555
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VI - Tag Team
Well, hopefully this will be a non-issue for the tournament, right now vb and ec are way ahead of the solo players, so if a 1 is rolled today, I wont feel like anything underhanded took place.
This was an unfortunate game for the solo players, in the sense that it's virtually impossible to beat any 2 combined scores. I think Sabby realized it early and decided not to bother, Brawl has a score up from a few days ago, I think he clued in too.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
10-19-2010, 06:07 PM
|
#556
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VI - Tag Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13
Well, hopefully this will be a non-issue for the tournament, right now vb and ec are way ahead of the solo players, so if a 1 is rolled today, I wont feel like anything underhanded took place.
This was an unfortunate game for the solo players, in the sense that it's virtually impossible to beat any 2 combined scores. I think Sabby realized it early and decided not to bother, Brawl has a score up from a few days ago, I think he clued in too.
|
I can see where you are coming from Essie. It is weird for this kind of game to have something in place like that. The early trucks are limited, but the ones at the very end appear to be unlimited. If people wanted to outlasw trucks completely for that part I would have no problem with that.
You do have a point, though. Even if no trucks were killed at all, there would be no way for 1 solo player to acquire enough points in the game to pass a combined team.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
10-19-2010, 07:08 PM
|
#557
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VI - Tag Team
(20:02:59) ChatBot: Tenser rolls 1d3 and gets 1.
---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------
EC - 1,046,100
VB - 662,200
MM - 244,900
GOM - 0
Brawl and Sabby will be benched.
Mega Men have been eliminated from the contest.
For the three remaining teams:
First place will reatin their members.
Second place will bench their lowest scoring member.
Third place will bench their highest scoring member.
|
My Signature |
|
10-19-2010, 07:10 PM
|
#558
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VI - Tag Team
Nice try Brawl! Amazing try Mega Men, all we have to do is prepare for the next contest and go for the gold! 
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
10-19-2010, 07:12 PM
|
#559
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VI - Tag Team
oh well, we were in first for some time. Shows that we can do it. Next contest isn't far off so I'm excited for that. It was a fun experience as always
Good job guys.
|
|
|
10-20-2010, 08:06 PM
|
#560
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VI - Tag Team
(20:11:37) ChatBot: Random challenge from Tenser. Quick, everyone go for the gold in New Ghostbusters 2!
Blue & Jojo for EC
SHK & DB for GOM
SC & Jim for VB
First roll will be no earlier than 8:16pm EST.
---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------
In this game you can press A=B + START at the title screen to open up a config section. That is a code and codes are not allowed for high score submissions. All sumissions will have to be reviewed and verified.
---------- Post added 10-20-2010 at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was 10-19-2010 at 08:19 PM ----------
(20:58:46) ChatBot: Tenser rolls 1d4 and gets 1.
---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------
EC - 347,500
VB - 236,300
GOM - 149,900
Jim and Seahawk will be benched.
---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------
(21:04:52) ChatBot: Random challenge from Tenser. Quick, everyone go for the gold in Mat Mania!
Dudebro will be playing for GOM
Steven will be playing for VB
First roll will be no earlier than 9:07pm EST.
|
My Signature |
|
10-20-2010, 09:06 PM
|
#561
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VI - Tag Team
Well that was an awfully quick round. I just wanna say that my score was lame because I was having connection problems last night and I submitted so I wouldn't have a zero. I feel bad, Seahawk deserves to be in and I let him down. You guys are lucky he's benched.
|
My Signature |
|
10-20-2010, 09:31 PM
|
#562
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VI - Tag Team
Maybe they are crapping their pants because now they are playing against a man and his beard.
|
|
|
10-20-2010, 09:41 PM
|
#563
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VI - Tag Team
Nah I know these guys all think I'm subpar but thanks for trying. Hopefully I can prove them wrong this round.
|
My Signature |
|
10-20-2010, 10:42 PM
|
#564
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VI - Tag Team
DB, I know the feeling you have now, same with steven. It's not good. Good luck against dem' bagels.
|
|
|
10-20-2010, 10:42 PM
|
#565
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VI - Tag Team
If EC gets first place this round then it is over.
|
My Signature |
|
10-20-2010, 10:44 PM
|
#566
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VI - Tag Team
No pressure though right?! 
|
My Signature |
|
10-20-2010, 11:28 PM
|
#567
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VI - Tag Team
I'm a master of mat mania so the contest will continue.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
10-21-2010, 02:58 AM
|
#568
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VI - Tag Team
That Coco Brazil dude is all kinds of cheap, just sayin.
|
My Signature |
|
10-21-2010, 03:18 AM
|
#569
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VI - Tag Team
Congrats to Eternal Champions for winning another tourney! You guys are too good  .
|
|
|
10-21-2010, 03:26 AM
|
#570
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VI - Tag Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk
Congrats to Eternal Champions for winning another tourney! You guys are too good  .
|
That's kind of you to say. However it's not over 'til
|
|
|
10-21-2010, 07:31 AM
|
#571
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VI - Tag Team
Believe me it's over. In order to win now, one team will have to solo against Bagel and Guru. The other team is eliminated. Then, the new duo (partner will be recalled) will then have to win against Bluej and yourself, and THEN the final stand of Bluej/Jojo and WB/GG, depending on who loses. And then one of those people by themselves, which could still be fatal depending on the game (say, against Jojo in 1942 XD).
And knowing of how much was spent on making sure your scores were in first place (Jojo and Bluej, I'm looking at you!), I can't imagine how much extra time will be put forth to fend off final elimination.
So yeah, the fat lady has already been around, you just missed her  .
|
|
|
10-21-2010, 07:37 AM
|
#572
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VI - Tag Team
Did anyone notice but me the wow factor BlueJ/Jojo showed this contest? They are amazing, they like outshined the Bagel bros. o.o
|
My Signature |
|
10-21-2010, 07:51 AM
|
#573
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VI - Tag Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails
Did anyone notice but me the wow factor BlueJ/Jojo showed this contest? They are amazing, they like outshined the Bagel bros. o.o
|
Those two deserve tons of props!!! Jojo and Blue, your win was a great Birthday Present for me.   
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
10-21-2010, 07:51 AM
|
#574
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VI - Tag Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails
Did anyone notice but me the wow factor BlueJ/Jojo showed this contest? They are amazing, they like outshined the Bagel bros. o.o
|
That wow factor was not missed by me.
Having never Bluej in the arcade before I was really impressed with her scores.
What I was surprised by more, was how long both of them played. I know that Bluej played Pururun for hours straight to try and take my score. Likewise for Josephjo and Speed Coin. I mean, I couldn't log off of RU with any confidence at all that I'd still be ahead on those scoreboards. Especially for Speed Coin, I must have spent all of those days with a calculator constantly open, retallying the scores every five minutes.
|
|
|
10-21-2010, 07:53 AM
|
#575
|
|
|
Re: Team Contest VI - Tag Team
Also, the contest is not over until it's over. I have an emormous degree of respect for both Essie and Dudebro. Those guys are both fierce competitors who win or lose will fight until the end. 
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.
|