10-08-2009, 08:40 PM
|
#26
|
|
|
Re: Falcon Punch-Technique or Techno?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Yeah except Superman didn't start out as a mediocre pilot in a snes game. There's many other reasons why they are nothing a like but it's not worth discussing. This whole cpt falcon hero worship is just stupid, sorry if that offends you.
|
Worship? Who would do that?
Just grow on him, Falcon is awesome you have to admit yourself.
But if you can't, at least explain why you hate him.
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
10-08-2009, 08:47 PM
|
#27
|
|
|
Re: Falcon Punch-Technique or Techno?
I've explained why I hate him several times but you are blinded by your fanboy obsession.
1) He wasn't good in F-zero. He was maybe second place overall or even third(I prefered the green vehicle).
2) He's not good in SSBB, he's pretty much the same as Gannon and they both suck compared to other characters(obviously you'll think differently because you already like him)
3) His fanboy fanbase has made him one of the most overrated and annoying video games characters ever made. Worse than Cloud or Sephiroth, at least people have a reason to like them, they were actually part of a story and people cared about them.
|
My Signature |
|
10-08-2009, 09:16 PM
|
#28
|
|
|
Re: Falcon Punch-Technique or Techno?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
I've explained why I hate him several times but you are blinded by your fanboy obsession.
1) He wasn't good in F-zero. He was maybe second place overall or even third(I prefered the green vehicle).
2) He's not good in SSBB, he's pretty much the same as Gannon and they both suck compared to other characters(obviously you'll think differently because you already like him)
3) His fanboy fanbase has made him one of the most overrated and annoying video games characters ever made. Worse than Cloud or Sephiroth, at least people have a reason to like them, they were actually part of a story and people cared about them.
|
I meant data against Captain Falcon.
Their's no validity in opinion.
I'm not going to post the facts again, it was on the forum
personalitys thread. It points to ludicrous abilities.
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
10-08-2009, 10:14 PM
|
#29
|
|
|
Re: Falcon Punch-Technique or Techno?
Your "facts" are made up garbage so they are the same(or worse than) as opinions. I could make my own anime style movie showing cpt falcon getting beat up by a toddler and it would become a "fact".
Btw 1) is a fact, capt falcon sucked in F-zero.
|
My Signature |
|
10-16-2009, 04:09 PM
|
#30
|
|
|
Re: Falcon Punch-Technique or Techno?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Your "facts" are made up garbage so they are the same(or worse than) as opinions. I could make my own anime style movie showing cpt falcon getting beat up by a toddler and it would become a "fact".
|
Darth Vader's cape is black is not really a fact, since it was made up by George Lucas, therefore making it as bad as(or worse) an opinion?
And why do you have such a rap on him in Brawl? He's very fast and has powerful smash attacks while running so I would think that would make him ideal for an aggressive player.
|
|
|
10-16-2009, 06:47 PM
|
#31
|
|
|
Re: Falcon Punch-Technique or Techno?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkninja
Darth Vader's cape is black is not really a fact, since it was made up by George Lucas, therefore making it as bad as(or worse) an opinion?
And why do you have such a rap on him in Brawl? He's very fast and has powerful smash attacks while running so I would think that would make him ideal for an aggressive player.
|
He's right Dudebro, I mean name another character THE Solid Snake
reveres AND THE Ganondorf mimics. 
---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------
He is truely epic:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b0uCft4zhk"]YouTube - Don't Mess With Captain Falcon (SSBB Machinima)[/ame]
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
10-16-2009, 06:52 PM
|
#32
|
|
|
Re: Falcon Punch-Technique or Techno?
I don't care about Capt. Falcon, and I don't see why he is so popular.
|
My Signature |
|
10-16-2009, 07:01 PM
|
#33
|
|
|
Re: Falcon Punch-Technique or Techno?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails
I don't care about Capt. Falcon, and I don't see why he is so popular.
|
Let us just say, it all adds up.
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
10-16-2009, 10:56 PM
|
#34
|
|
|
Re: Falcon Punch-Technique or Techno?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkninja
Darth Vader's cape is black is not really a fact, since it was made up by George Lucas, therefore making it as bad as(or worse) an opinion
|
I don't know why you bring up Vaders Cape but actually it is a fact. It's well established in the books and movies. There's no doubt about the color if you've seen the movies. I get what you mean though, any fiction is about the same as opinion. But, Star Wars has a deep and detailed canon, Cpt Falcon does not. If you described Cpt Falcons outfit you could call it fact. Saying he can falcon punch god is not.
Quote:
|
And why do you have such a rap on him in Brawl? He's very fast and has powerful smash attacks while running so I would think that would make him ideal for an aggressive player.
|
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by sjb
I mean name another character THE Solid Snake
reveres AND THE Ganondorf mimics
|
Exactly, cpt falcon is almost identical to gannon and snake. They have some differences but only minor. I find all three characters to be boring and unimaginative.
|
My Signature |
|
10-16-2009, 11:02 PM
|
#35
|
|
|
Re: Falcon Punch-Technique or Techno?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
I don't know why you bring up Vaders Cape but actually it is a fact. It's well established in the books and movies. There's no doubt about the color if you've seen the movies. I get what you mean though, any fiction is about the same as opinion. But, Star Wars has a deep and detailed canon, Cpt Falcon does not. If you described Cpt Falcons outfit you could call it fact. Saying he can falcon punch god is not.
Exactly, cpt falcon is almost identical to gannon and snake. They have some differences but only minor. I find all three characters to be boring and unimaginative.
|
Well he did kill the gods in F-Zero GX (or rather "the Creators")
Arguement is still invalid
How is Ganondorf unimaginative? Thats like calling Kefka or Sephiroth stupid.
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
10-17-2009, 12:17 AM
|
#36
|
|
|
Re: Falcon Punch-Technique or Techno?
Not the characters the way they were put into SSBB isn't creative. They took one template and used it for the three characters. If anything Snake is the only one of the three with any real creativity but that's because his fanbase is much larger then cpt falcon. I don't know why they skimped on Gannon but they did.
I'm not going to go back and forth about this. It's annoying and not worth wasting the words on. You guys feel free to talk about it though, just keep it to one topic please.
|
My Signature |
|
10-17-2009, 12:36 AM
|
#37
|
|
|
Re: Falcon Punch-Technique or Techno?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Exactly, cpt falcon is almost identical to gannon and snake. They have some differences but only minor. I find all three characters to be boring and unimaginative.
|
Ganondorf is severly slower and heavier than Captain Falcon, yet his smash attacks are more powerful. Overall, Ganon is more suited for a defensive player who prefers for their opponent to come to them rather than trying to barrage them non stop in attempt not to let them get any moves in, which is better suited to Captain Falcon who has powerful smash attacks while moving and jumping as well. Snake is more multipurpose and damage building than smash power, his moving smash(rolling) is better for plowing two or three people while most of his artillary is for avoiding direct confrontation.
My friend also insists that there is no difference between Ganon and CF, but I see the two as different as Ness and Jigglypuff. Well that and I play about an hour of brawl every day. 
|
|
|
10-17-2009, 12:47 AM
|
#38
|
|
|
Re: Falcon Punch-Technique or Techno?
Last thing.
Quote:
|
Ganondorf is severly slower and heavier than Captain Falcon, yet his smash attacks are more powerful. Overall, Ganon is more suited for a defensive player who prefers for their opponent to come to them rather than trying to barrage them non stop in attempt not to let them get any moves in, which is better suited to Captain Falcon who has powerful smash attacks while moving and jumping as well. Snake is more multipurpose and damage building than smash power, his moving smash(rolling) is better for plowing two or three people while most of his artillary is for avoiding direct confrontation.
|
So yeah, like I said, they are the same template with slight differences to make them stand apart from each other. Ones fast and unrelenting, one is slow and strong and the other is somewhere in the middle but has unique moves.
It's like Mario and Luigi in SM2, same character but different playstyles. Face it Cpt Falcon isn't cool enough to get his own character design.
|
My Signature |
|
10-17-2009, 01:19 AM
|
#39
|
|
|
Re: Falcon Punch-Technique or Techno?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Cpt Falcon isn't cool enough to get his own character design.
|
Smash Bros.(64)?
|
|
|
10-17-2009, 02:04 AM
|
#40
|
|
|
Re: Falcon Punch-Technique or Techno?
Ganon and Snake came after Captain Falcon, at least in Smash Bros. Captain Falcon was a really fun character to use in the original, but he's not as good now as he was before. Still fun, but hard to use effectively. Plus, the Falcon Punch and Falcon Kick are cool moves.
You can't argue the fact that Falcon is the face of F-Zero. Sure, he has a somewhat mediocre machine, but who wins the Grand Prix? Not to mention there's a whole Story Mode in F-Zero GX devoted to him. Besides, his machine isn't THAT bad. It's not like he drives the Golden Fox.
I do agree with you on one point, Dudebro. Samurai Goroh doesn't get nearly enough love. He would have been awesome in Brawl as a playable character. The Fire Stringray is pretty awesome as well.
HOLY CRAP! Samejamesbond finally has an avatar!
Last edited by ZedIsDead; 10-17-2009 at 02:08 AM..
|
|
|
10-17-2009, 02:21 AM
|
#41
|
|
|
Re: Falcon Punch-Technique or Techno?
I wasn't gonna post in here again until I saw this-
Quote:
|
HOLY CRAP! Samejamesbond finally has an avatar!
|
I can put aside my loathing of Cpt Falcon if it means he's gonna have an avatar, it's means that much to me. Word up sjb.
Also-
Quote:
|
I do agree with you on one point, Dudebro. Samurai Goroh doesn't get nearly enough love. He would have been awesome in Brawl as a playable character. The Fire Stringray is pretty awesome as well.
|
Yeah really wth is going on there? The pink car was the only car to use when it came to setting scores in the first F-Zero. Once it gets going the others can't touch him. I never liked GX so I didn't get into the story or saw much of the updated stats on the cars. I still think cpt falcon is very overrated regardless of any new info. 
|
My Signature |
|
10-17-2009, 10:09 AM
|
#42
|
|
|
Re: Falcon Punch-Technique or Techno?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatiamat
HOLY CRAP! Samejamesbond finally has an avatar!
|
Yes! Along with a new sig.
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
| Thread |
Thread Starter |
Forum |
Replies |
Last Post |
|
punch-out!! wii
|
Slime Slayer |
All Other Games |
10 |
11-19-2009 10:32 AM |
|
Punch-Out!!
|
mario90s |
Forum Games |
0 |
09-13-2009 06:49 PM |
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 PM.
|