Re: Please stop using the word "retard" as an insult
apparently they do now.. well Lesbian always has....lol.
wonder what people categorize the Bisexuals as.. now they are cool...
Personally I think most people are Bisexual to a point.. I may only be phiscally attracted to women, but when I see guys like Adrian paul form the Highlander TV show and DAvid Tenant form Dr. WHo I think.. DAM he looks good @.@.
Edit: im sorry if I am getting too random im just exhausted right now.. was going to get some sleep, but Mom is sick so im up for about 2-3 more hours before sleep..
Yay (sarcasm alert sarcasm alert)
Last edited by Belmontzar; 06-08-2009 at 12:10 PM..
Re: Please stop using the word "retard" as an insult
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmontzar
Personally I think most people are Bisexual to a point.. I may only be phiscally attracted to women, but when I see guys like Adrian paul form the Highlander TV show and DAvid Tenant form Dr. WHo I think.. DAM he looks good @.@.
I can say I have never thought of another man as looking good.
Re: Please stop using the word "retard" as an insult
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojah
I can say I have never thought of another man as looking good.
Well I think you mean you never found another man attractive. Most people can at least tell when someone looks good.
That being said I agree, I've never thought of another man as attractive(I say another because I do find myself attractive and I'm a man)
Re: Please stop using the word "retard" as an insult
Bah... Im full of it today...
"your face was different then, Doctor." the highlander says iwth a smile. "Actually, I could use your help, Im lookign for a man.."
"Who?"
"A captain who goes by the name of jack.."
"Jack Harkness?"
"no...sparrow."
"Whats with all the captians named Jack?" the doctor asks confused...
(captain jacks and thier guns..lol totaly unrelated to everything.. but BAH made me laugh.. thoght of all on my own..lol)
Re: Please stop using the word "retard" as an insult
You guys should make a topic to discuss which guy you think is hotter. Let's try to get back on topic since this was a serious discussion. Laserboy has a good point about the misuse of the word retard, you retards.
Re: Please stop using the word "retard" as an insult
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades
I hate this. People tell us to use "Mentally Challenged" instead... yet summoning something ever more awfully insulting.
Also, people don't have to do what you say. You can leave the forum.
Who are you talking to?
Retard is used in a derogatory way by most people and it is insulting to handicapped people and thier family members.
Besides, is it that hard to find another word to insult someone?
Re: Please stop using the word "retard" as an insult
idealy, we would refer to them as an individual, everyone is different, and putting ourselfs above a select group by giving them a specific title shows just how arrogant the human race is.
Re: Please stop using the word "retard" as an insult
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin
Special Olympics.
I find that quite the low blow.
i don't think individuals that were born with mental retardation consider the special olympics to be a low blow.
according to dictionary.com the 4th definition of retard is "a person who is stupid, obtuse, or ineffective in some way: a hopeless social retard."
I would say that ~1 in 20 posts on RU would fall into that definition. Does it make it right to use the word retard? Yes, academically, you are right to use it, but socially, you are wrong. It is just as easy to say stupid or obtuse.
Re: Please stop using the word "retard" as an insult
I hate words like "special" and "mentally challenged" and "African American".
George Carlin quote
( Click to show/hide )
Quote:
I don't like words that hide the truth. I don't like words that conceal reality. I don't like euphemisms, or euphemistic language. And American English is loaded with euphemisms. Cause Americans have a lot of trouble dealing with reality. Americans have trouble facing the truth, so they invent the kind of a soft language to protest themselves from it, and it gets worse with every generation. For some reason, it just keeps getting worse. I'll give you an example of that. There's a condition in combat. Most people know about it. It's when a fighting person's nervous system has been stressed to it's absolute peak and maximum. Can't take anymore input. The nervous system has either (click) snapped or is about to snap. In the first world war, that condition was called shell shock. Simple, honest, direct language. Two syllables, shell shock. Almost sounds like the guns themselves. That was seventy years ago. Then a whole generation went by and the second world war came along and very same combat condition was called battle fatigue. Four syllables now. Takes a little longer to say. Doesn't seem to hurt as much. Fatigue is a nicer word than shock. Shell shock! Battle fatigue. Then we had the war in Korea, 1950. Madison avenue was riding high by that time, and the very same combat condition was called operational exhaustion. Hey, were up to eight syllables now! And the humanity has been squeezed completely out of the phrase. It's totally sterile now. Operational exhaustion. Sounds like something that might happen to your car. Then of course, came the war in Viet Nam, which has only been over for about sixteen or seventeen years, and thanks to the lies and deceits surrounding that war, I guess it's no surprise that the very same condition was called post-traumatic stress disorder. Still eight syllables, but we've added a hyphen! And the pain is completely buried under jargon. Post-traumatic stress disorder. I'll bet you if we'd of still been calling it shell shock, some of those Viet Nam veterans might have gotten the attention they needed at the time. I'll betcha. I'll betcha.